Jeff Pound's side of the story

Posted in the Deer Park Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of57
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Concerned Resident

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 9, 2013
 
So I sought out Jeff Pound's side of the story of the "Assault of a family member" charge. It is that his neighbor heard him shouting at his wife, the police came and asked him to spend the night somewhere else. He was too drunk to drive, so he asked the police to take him to the station and to do that they had to charge him with SOMETHING. That is Mr. Pound's side of the story, as I understood it. I did not ask any follow up questions, so if you have a different understanding, please chime in.

Now, what Mr. Pound describes would be described by the police as verbal assault, disturbing the peace, or domestic dispute. The charge against him is assault. Assault means laying your hands on someone. Domestic assault laws are very strong in Texas, you could argue too strong. For example, if I bump into you on the street and you decide to cal the police I could be charged with misdemeanor assault. If you say it hurt it is felony assault. That easy, that is where the courts and juries come in to calm things down. Mr. Pound was charged with Misdemeanor assault.(Before I go any further, I am not a police officer, a lawyer, just a guy who knows how to use Google.)

Mr. Pound's story as I understand it does not my understanding of the facts, at best I call him a liar. Please comment on any facts I got wrong or misunderstood.
Concerned Resident

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 9, 2013
 
I did not ask about the verbal assault or vehicle burglary charges.
concerned reader

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

You are full of sh*t if you really think anyone on here believes any of your story! You are the liar, not Pound. Assault in Texas is defined as bodily injury or a threat of bodily injury. Every time you post crap on here, it only gets Pound another vote. Now get back to planting your flowers and plants.
Concerned Resident wrote:
So I sought out Jeff Pound's side of the story of the "Assault of a family member" charge. It is that his neighbor heard him shouting at his wife, the police came and asked him to spend the night somewhere else. He was too drunk to drive, so he asked the police to take him to the station and to do that they had to charge him with SOMETHING. That is Mr. Pound's side of the story, as I understood it. I did not ask any follow up questions, so if you have a different understanding, please chime in.
Now, what Mr. Pound describes would be described by the police as verbal assault, disturbing the peace, or domestic dispute. The charge against him is assault. Assault means laying your hands on someone. Domestic assault laws are very strong in Texas, you could argue too strong. For example, if I bump into you on the street and you decide to cal the police I could be charged with misdemeanor assault. If you say it hurt it is felony assault. That easy, that is where the courts and juries come in to calm things down. Mr. Pound was charged with Misdemeanor assault.(Before I go any further, I am not a police officer, a lawyer, just a guy who knows how to use Google.)
Mr. Pound's story as I understand it does not my understanding of the facts, at best I call him a liar. Please comment on any facts I got wrong or misunderstood.
carnac

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

concerned reader wrote:
You are full of sh*t if you really think anyone on here believes any of your story! You are the liar, not Pound. Assault in Texas is defined as bodily injury or a threat of bodily injury. Every time you post crap on here, it only gets Pound another vote. Now get back to planting your flowers and plants. <quoted text>
Not flowers but fruit trees
Concerned Resident

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 9, 2013
 
Threat of bodily injury would be verbal assault. I tried to be very balanced, but please inform me of any other time I have ever posted on here, because although I have been reading on this site for awhile, I do not recall ever posting before today.

Please, if you have any details I missed, feel free to share.
Scooby

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 9, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Concerned Resident wrote:
Threat of bodily injury would be verbal assault. I tried to be very balanced, but please inform me of any other time I have ever posted on here, because although I have been reading on this site for awhile, I do not recall ever posting before today.
Please, if you have any details I missed, feel free to share.
Hello Becky!

“Perplexed”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 9, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I smell a rat, concerned resident. Talk to Mr. & Mrs. Pound, then draw your conclusion. Seek them out, as Mr. Pound has his cell # on his cards, etc. Then make a decision. Speak with them in person. My crystal ball tells me you will not. I pray you prove me wrong.
Concerned Resident

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 10, 2013
 
Sdjs, I already did, several days ago. Seemed fishy so I did some more research. The story does not add up.

He has been arrested 3 times, how many chances am I supposed to give him?

Politically, he and Cernosek are about the same, I think I will go with Cernosek.
Right

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

So, "I'm drunk officer, take me to jail" is his story. Isn't that special, and wrong. The call to 911 came from the woman he married. The woman he took vows to love and to cherish, not strike to the point of fear where SHE called the police.

The police came to the residence, saw evidence, CALLED the Harris County District Attorney's office and ONLY then decided to arrest him. The key evidence in the case was his wife's story and her VISIBLE injury. She later recanted her story and refused to cooperate with the investigation, and the case was dismissed. History shows that often a battered wife will change her story for fear of retaliation.

Now we have a drunk who destroyed a business, has been arrested more than once who wants to lead our city.

You can't fix stupid Deer Park, it this representative of our future? The current administration needs to go, but why have a police cruiser in the inaugural parade with a history of hauling the mayor to jail?
Tatum

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 10, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Right wrote:
So, "I'm drunk officer, take me to jail" is his story. Isn't that special, and wrong. The call to 911 came from the woman he married. The woman he took vows to love and to cherish, not strike to the point of fear where SHE called the police.
The police came to the residence, saw evidence, CALLED the Harris County District Attorney's office and ONLY then decided to arrest him. The key evidence in the case was his wife's story and her VISIBLE injury. She later recanted her story and refused to cooperate with the investigation, and the case was dismissed. History shows that often a battered wife will change her story for fear of retaliation.
Now we have a drunk who destroyed a business, has been arrested more than once who wants to lead our city.
You can't fix stupid Deer Park, it this representative of our future? The current administration needs to go, but why have a police cruiser in the inaugural parade with a history of hauling the mayor to jail?
R U MOutons whipping boy? Was he found guilty in court? Where R your documents (court records of a guilty verdict) to back up your alligator mouth?
Taxed Enough Already

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 10, 2013
 
Right wrote:
So, "I'm drunk officer, take me to jail" is his story. Isn't that special, and wrong. The call to 911 came from the woman he married. The woman he took vows to love and to cherish, not strike to the point of fear where SHE called the police.
The police came to the residence, saw evidence, CALLED the Harris County District Attorney's office and ONLY then decided to arrest him. The key evidence in the case was his wife's story and her VISIBLE injury. She later recanted her story and refused to cooperate with the investigation, and the case was dismissed. History shows that often a battered wife will change her story for fear of retaliation.
Now we have a drunk who destroyed a business, has been arrested more than once who wants to lead our city.
You can't fix stupid Deer Park, it this representative of our future? The current administration needs to go, but why have a police cruiser in the inaugural parade with a history of hauling the mayor to jail?
Can you back this up? What I said in my statement was Pound's side of the story and my factual issues with it. Where did you get your information?(I am not saying you are right or wrong, just want to know if this can be proven.)
LOL

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 20, 2013
 
Seems the only argument back about Pound not being in the wrong is a bunch of name calling and "liar this and that" Good ole Deer Park. We have facts, they are posted above.
Winston Zeddemore

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 21, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Concerned Resident wrote:
Sdjs, I already did, several days ago. Seemed fishy so I did some more research. The story does not add up.
He has been arrested 3 times, how many chances am I supposed to give him?
Politically, he and Cernosek are about the same, I think I will go with Cernosek.
So you will side with a guy (Cernosek) who allegedly tried to run down his brother and was arrested and charged with felony assault, over a man who got in a shouting match with his wife? One word: idiotic.
deerparkresident

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Concerned Resident wrote:
Sdjs, I already did, several days ago. Seemed fishy so I did some more research. The story does not add up.
He has been arrested 3 times, how many chances am I supposed to give him?
Politically, he and Cernosek are about the same, I think I will go with Cernosek.
Thank you Mr. Larry Cernosek is the right choice. I know him on a personally and he is a great man. Always there for whomever needs him.
Yep

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

From an outsider perspective, we must seem like a bunch of inbred, knuckle-dragging morons.
ErnieHudsun

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 22, 2013
 
Yep wrote:
From an outsider perspective, we must seem like a bunch of inbred, knuckle-dragging morons.
Yes you r
Kenneth

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 22, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Was told about this blog over the weekend. Don't know if this is the right place to comment. Learned about a Job Interview being held this Wednesday, which I hope to attend. I would like to hear from all the candidates. I am baffled, from what I have been told, that Mr. Mouton might not attend. I want to make an informed decision when I vote for Mayor, so I hope all running for office will attend so we can see, and hear, who will make the best man for the job. If he does not attend, he will not have our vote. Also, looking forward to what the candidates for Position 1 have to say. Thank you.
voter

Porter, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

I do believe that Pound has skeletons in his closet, however I would still choose him just to get away from the Burke / Riddle / Mouton yes men. We need a change.
jeff pound wife beater

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 25, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

a perfect last name for a wife beater..what a shame..do no0t elect this PU SY ass wife beater...his wife will regret not going the way of the courts one day..she will be a victim of his bullyness
Taylor

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 25, 2013
 

Judged:

3

jeff pound wife beater wrote:
a perfect last name for a wife beater..what a shame..do no0t elect this PU SY ass wife beater...his wife will regret not going the way of the courts one day..she will be a victim of his bullyness
Too bad you didn't have the balls to walk up to him Wednesday night and say that to his face.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of57
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Deer Park News Video

•••
•••

Deer Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Deer Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Deer Park News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Deer Park
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••