yooflungpoo

Baytown, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 27, 2013

will you stop "caring" once you have moved..???
Death Starr

Pearland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Andrea wrote:
Winston ~ They never intended to shut down "(track)" only to cut the coaches pay and cut back their hrs.
I found out today 2 out of the 3 coaches will be returning!!! We are very happy!!!
So did they return with the reduced pay or did they keep their previous pay?

“Perplexed”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

yooflungpoo wrote:
will you stop "caring" once you have moved..???
Most certainly, and guess what, poo poo, you're stuck with me a few more years. Please drop by some time for some tea. I'd love to chat...
Andrea

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Yoo,
Go back and read from the beginning, your summary is incorrect.

PeeWee,
I've been wondering the same thing. Bottom line... 2 very good, very experienced coaches are coming back. Can't wait to see what the kids do this year!
Andrea

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Death Starr,
I've been wondering how it all worked out too. Bottom line... 2 very good, very experienced coaches are coming back. Can't wait to see what the kids do this year!
Bill

Pearland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Captain wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill gets a tingle down his leg when he hears there are cuts with City employees.
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
"We all took huge cuts in pay"
So tell me what your huge cut in pay was?
Bill gets a tingle down his leg when he hears there are cuts with City employees.

Actually I just don't like people pissing in my boot and trying to convince me that its raining. I'm looking at the current salary and classification sheet for Deer Park and comparing it to the previous one and I just don't see where pay scales were cut like mentioned or even cut. So if that person took a huge pay cut like they mentioned it should be verified with the pay / classification sheet which at this point it cannot be verified.
yooflungpoo

Baytown, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2013

Judged:

Andrea wrote:
Yoo,
Go back and read from the beginning, your summary is incorrect.
PeeWee,
I've been wondering the same thing. Bottom line... 2 very good, very experienced coaches are coming back. Can't wait to see what the kids do this year!
yer right...it was 0 of 3 returning...

does that really change the point?
mss

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

It does not surprise me. It's ok for city employees to get free ASAP care, free dance, free summer camps and programs. They do not pay for anything. When u look at fees for these activities u r looking at a lot of money. Maybe they shud get some perks but free; I don't think so. That is pretty much taking money out of the city's coffers. My kids did summer track also and it is a shame this happening. I wonder what programs r net? One last thing I wonder if there is a policy regarding freebies for employees? If not than I don't think this can b justified.
mss

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

I repeat if city employees would pay for activities for their kids (and I am talking thousands of dollars) maybe summer track as well as some other programs which could b affected would nor b cut. Also, they keep raising prices on programs and some of us just cannot afford it.
mss

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Maybe some of our high paid city employees (managerial status) shud take pay cuts and see how they like it.
Raptor

Pearland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

mss wrote:
It does not surprise me. It's ok for city employees to get free ASAP care, free dance, free summer camps and programs. They do not pay for anything. When u look at fees for these activities u r looking at a lot of money. Maybe they shud get some perks but free; I don't think so. That is pretty much taking money out of the city's coffers. My kids did summer track also and it is a shame this happening. I wonder what programs r net? One last thing I wonder if there is a policy regarding freebies for employees? If not than I don't think this can b justified.
R U saying that city employees get free ASAP and if so how do U know that?
mss

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

I would like to know who took a cut in pay? I just know they (as far as I know) have not gotten a cost of living raise. ALSO IT IS NOT PART TIME EMPLOYEES WHO R BREAKING THE BUDGET. They only get 25 cents qn hour only if they pass an eval. As far as I am concerned they can keep the 25 cents.
"We all took huge cuts in pay"
So tell me what your huge cut in pay was?
mss

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Raptor wrote:
<quoted text>
R U saying that city employees get free ASAP and if so how do U know that?
Trust me I know that a few of them do.

“Candor for the few”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

mss wrote:
<quoted text>Trust me I know that a few of them do.
And why should we just trust you? Provide the facts to justify your claims.
ProudEmployee

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

mss wrote:
<quoted text>Trust me I know that a few of them do.
You have some nerve to come on here and make a blanket statement that makes it sound like all city employees enjoy the perk of getting "free ASAP care, free dance, free summer camps and programs." You continue to state that "They do not pay for anything." As a city employee I have NEVER received reduced fees for any of the above-mentioned activities for myself or my family. When you're called on it and pinned down you back off on your incindiary statement and tell us to trust you. Why exactly should we trust you? Are you in fact a current or former employee as your post in the "parks & rec" thread indicates? If so do or did you or your kids get free activities? Remember that you said "It's ok for city employees to get free ASAP care, free dance, free summer camps and programs. They do not pay for anything." If you have the facts and know what you claim to why don't you go to HR or the City Manager? Grow a pair and do something instead of just bitching and crying on Topix because you feel that you've been treated unfairly by the city. If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem.
yooflungpoo

Baytown, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

ProudEmployee wrote:
<quoted text>
Grow a pair and do something instead of just bitching and crying on Topix.
That would be the end of Deer Park Topix....as we know it...
ProudEmployee

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 19, 2013

Looks like mss couldn't back up his/her accusations. Gutless turd!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Deer Park News Video

•••
•••

Deer Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Deer Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE