Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Nov 30, 2012
nowhere

Deer Park, TX

#1 Nov 29, 2012
How much to repair Bridge to nowhere?
It would have been cheaper to build a replica of the bridge just like we did of the Patrick House.
newrate

Deer Park, TX

#2 Nov 29, 2012
Whar a waste of money!

Since: Mar 11

Ballwin, MO

#3 Nov 29, 2012
The bridge was given to Deer Park with certain stipulations. It has to be maintained and up kept. If not the city can be fined.
Smokey

Houston, TX

#4 Nov 30, 2012
Capitan C Dub wrote:
The bridge was given to Deer Park with certain stipulations. It has to be maintained and up kept. If not the city can be fined.
so how much is the fine? Maybe it would be cheaper to pay the fine than to spend the money. Of course if the city had maintained the bridge to start with perhaps none of this would be necessary.

I remember reading about the fountains spraying the bridge over the years causing the major problem...why didn't the city see this coming and move the fountains or better protect the bridge from the spray? How does it go, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure?
yooflungpoo

Baytown, TX

#5 Nov 30, 2012
guess it never rains in Deer Park.....
dpcitizen

Houston, TX

#6 Nov 30, 2012
yooflungpoo wrote:
Yep it's the fountains fault!.........NOT!! LOL.
yooflungpoo

Baytown, TX

#7 Nov 30, 2012
how appropriate....

the bridge over troubled waters.....
hosed

Houston, TX

#8 Nov 30, 2012
yooflungpoo wrote:
? it rains, but not nearly as much as the fountains spray the bridge. Rain on the bridge is a drop in the bucket when compared to the fountains continual spray on the bridge. Im sure the fountain water has chemicals in it as well that is hazardous to the bridge, unlike rain water.

Since: Mar 11

Ballwin, MO

#9 Nov 30, 2012
Smokey wrote:
<quoted text>so how much is the fine? Maybe it would be cheaper to pay the fine than to spend the money. Of course if the city had maintained the bridge to start with perhaps none of this would be necessary.

I remember reading about the fountains spraying the bridge over the years causing the major problem...why didn't the city see this coming and move the fountains or better protect the bridge from the spray? How does it go, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure?
I totally agree with you.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deer Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr fubar 22,288
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr fubar 17,877
Darwinism in Arizona 2 hr fubar 4
Jeff Pound and Becky Cobb (Jul '13) 4 hr DP CASSIE 20
Youth Wrestling coming to La Porte! 4 hr Heavy Fed 25
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 7 hr Wow Wee 524
TX Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in T... (Oct '10) 7 hr That Fart Guy 722
•••

Deer Park News Video

•••
Deer Park Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Deer Park Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••