Parks & Recreation master plan meeting

Posted in the Deer Park Forum

Bill

Missouri City, TX

#1 Nov 13, 2012
Bill

Missouri City, TX

#2 Nov 13, 2012
If you are against increased spending / payroll growth in the Parks and Recreation dept. you should make a serious attempt to attend this meeting. The city will likely use the survey that was taken recently to expand more programs that will add to a need for increased property taxes and or more sales taxes to relieve the General Fund for more spending.
Lots of money

Humble, TX

#3 Nov 14, 2012
It looks like the City has a lots of money and looking for ways to spend the money. I will vote no on any tax increase by the City. If taxes keep going up in DP you will not be able to sell your home and value of your Home will go down.
homesgoingdown

Humble, TX

#4 Nov 14, 2012
If we let DPISD and the City keep raising taxes we will not be to sell our homes because no one can afford to live in D.P..
winston zeddemore

Pasadena, TX

#5 Nov 16, 2012
Bill wrote:
If you are against increased spending / payroll growth in the Parks and Recreation dept. you should make a serious attempt to attend this meeting. The city will likely use the survey that was taken recently to expand more programs that will add to a need for increased property taxes and or more sales taxes to relieve the General Fund for more spending.
Bill, you know as well as anyone, a handful of people showing up (including you) would be considered good attendance at such a meeting. People are lazy, you know that.
Bill

Houston, TX

#6 Nov 16, 2012
winston zeddemore wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill, you know as well as anyone, a handful of people showing up (including you) would be considered good attendance at such a meeting. People are lazy, you know that.
will you be there?
money

Houston, TX

#7 Nov 17, 2012
Golf Course needs more money.
yooflungpoo

Baytown, TX

#8 Nov 17, 2012
BYOB = more golfers....
Bill

Houston, TX

#9 Dec 5, 2012
winston zeddemore wrote:
<quoted text>
Bill, you know as well as anyone, a handful of people showing up (including you) would be considered good attendance at such a meeting. People are lazy, you know that.
I hope Bobby does an article on the meeting and some of the comments that were made. Perhaps 20 were in attendance not counting winston zeddmore. Mega millions needed for the presented program(s) and growth of the parks and recreation department. Sounds much like the pitch that was given about the need for a golf course. One of the attendees suggested selling the golf course, we'll see how this is received by the city.

the city manager and most of the city council did not attend?
DPGirl

Houston, TX

#10 Dec 5, 2012
Been really nice if we had known about meeting, hard to keep up with all their little meetings and
work to pay all the rising taxes!
Andrea

Houston, TX

#11 Dec 5, 2012
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope Bobby does an article on the meeting and some of the comments that were made. Perhaps 20 were in attendance not counting winston zeddmore. Mega millions needed for the presented program(s) and growth of the parks and recreation department. Sounds much like the pitch that was given about the need for a golf course. One of the attendees suggested selling the golf course, we'll see how this is received by the city.
the city manager and most of the city council did not attend?
Only 1 council member showed.

“Perplexed”

Since: Nov 08

Deer Park

#12 Dec 5, 2012
Andrea wrote:
<quoted text>Only 1 council member showed.
What a shame. As much as I love my home town, I am looking forward to my West Texas move, getting on council and making real progress. Next Summer I'll be gone and wish DP the best. Looking forward to the next chapter in my life. Good to know I'll be welcome with open arms and won't have to be worried about trying to beat a machine to be elected. AMEN!

“I don't believe in mathematics”

Since: Aug 08

Eastland, TX

#13 Dec 5, 2012
sdjs wrote:
<quoted text>What a shame. As much as I love my home town, I am looking forward to my West Texas move, getting on council and making real progress. Next Summer I'll be gone and wish DP the best. Looking forward to the next chapter in my life. Good to know I'll be welcome with open arms and won't have to be worried about trying to beat a machine to be elected. AMEN!
City council is a meaningless position out here. Run for precinct commissioner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deer Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Health Care - Deer Park, TX (Oct '09) 1 hr RNC Rightwing NUT... 16,758
Zoo at Herman Park 10 hr fubar 9
Corner of Fairmont and East 12 hr East Texas 10
Nuke New York! 16 hr What I say xoxo 8
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 18 hr Fossilfarts 677
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 23 hr Manny 535
Water Bill Hike Thu itsmesteph11 4

Air Quality Alert for Harris County was issued at October 24 at 1:48PM CDT

Deer Park News Video

Deer Park Dating
Find my Match

Deer Park Jobs

Deer Park People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Deer Park News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Deer Park

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]