If in bad marriage where husband does not seem to care for wife
and children hear the fights and stuff how much should the wife
take from him? Should she stay for the children knowing they know
parents not happy? Should she pretend everything is ok even if she
is unhappy? Should she find someone else who will love her and be
happy or is it better to stay married for the kids? Would someone
even want her with children? Raising kids is hard how do you tell
if it is best to stay married for the kids? As you can see I am
confused would appreciate real feedback not mean stuff.
teach your children

Asheboro, NC

#2 Feb 21, 2011
If you are unhappy and just staying for the children......you should go. You have to teach your children what love and relationships are. If you teach them by example that love is unhappy and bitter, they will live that also. I stayed in a marriage for five years, after I found out he was addicted to pills and I prayed for myself and our child that he would change. He did not, I wasted six years of my life wanting the man I loved to be that man I fell in love with. You can only pretend for so long that is everthing is alright. I am now divorced and not to say that is easy, but it does get better with time.
mom of many

Oneida, TN

#3 Feb 26, 2011
if I never worked how will I be able to support
the family how do you make it on your own
independance

Crossville, TN

#4 Mar 5, 2011
You can get support from groups like avalone,family and friends.If you are in a good church it will have help for single parents.It's not easy to be a single parent,but it's very rewarding.You will get in a good relationship give it time.Don't let your children grow up thinking this is normal.Plan ahead get advice and don't be afraid to ask for help. It's never easy,but trust me it's worth it in the long run,GOOD LUCK and I really mean that.
independence

Crossville, TN

#5 Mar 5, 2011
teach your children wrote:
If you are unhappy and just staying for the children......you should go. You have to teach your children what love and relationships are. If you teach them by example that love is unhappy and bitter, they will live that also. I stayed in a marriage for five years, after I found out he was addicted to pills and I prayed for myself and our child that he would change. He did not, I wasted six years of my life wanting the man I loved to be that man I fell in love with. You can only pretend for so long that is everthing is alright. I am now divorced and not to say that is easy, but it does get better with time.
Good advice,that first step is the hardest,Time gets away from a person.If you set your mind to it theres always a way.Everyone deserves to be happy.
Someone Who Cares

Whitley City, KY

#6 Mar 7, 2011
Mom of Many...I think first you have to ask yourself...why are you unhappy? Are you in an abusive situation? If your husband is beating you and you are in danger then you need to be safe. If you are just unhappy for reasons of your own, then I suggest you start seeking GOD instead of seeking a way out.

I too was in a situation where I was very unhappy in my marriage, it was only when I began to seek GOD that things turned around and my husband and I are closer and happier than we have ever been. It won't happen overnight but if you will purpose in your heart to seek GOD and obey what HE says then I promise you, things will turn around for you. Even if your husband doesn't want to seek GOD...if you will, GOD will honor it and will help you.

If you don't know what to say, or how to seek GOD, then just ask HIM to show you how and if you really mean it...He will. Maybe you are bitter and you don't want to try...then just say it to GOD...I'm bitter and I just don't care anymore but I know I should care so please change my heart.

Mark 10:27 "And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible."

If you have not accepted JESUS into your heart as LORD and Savior, then I hope that you will do that, because He will give you strength in the hard times and help you do the things that you think you can't do or that you don't want to do. It is not GOD'S will that marriages split up, It is HIS will to restore them and heal them. Marriage is hard work, but with GOD you can do the right thing that you need to do.

Praying for you,

Someone Who Cares

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deer Lodge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Monterey Sink Hole 9 hr undercover 8
Poll is travis melton guilty of murder? (Sep '12) 17 hr DeadeyeDic 15
Best football player from sunbright 18 hr Steph3933 6
Steve 21 hr Co worker 1
Danny Jones Mon Feel the Bern 6
Alderman Isabell Sun Joey 5
Meth Sun Randy 5

Deer Lodge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance