Drug Fund Pays For Bulldozer Shipped To Chief's Land

Jul 2, 2012 Full story: WTVF Nashville 84

NewsChannel 5's continuing "Policing for Profit" investigation has uncovered new questions about how government equipment ended up on land owned by the local police chief.

Full Story
my understanding

Cookeville, TN

#61 Jul 25, 2012
the unanswered question wrote:
<quoted text> It sure would be nice to have that before the election gets any more heated up! Ditto, the town audit and enough time to review it!
It was supposed to be in the process however, on last night's news it came out that the man who owns the repair shop, where the chief's dozer has been for the last year, hasn't even been questioned or contacted by the TBI, yet. They said that after the broadcast they had a feeling that the TBI would finally actually get in contact with Mr. Bullock. Steve, you are a hero!
One thing that galls me, also, is the question I have that IF there was no intent to deceive, from the beginning, why weren't ALL of the aldermen told about this when they asked about the purchase of the bulldozer. If THEY are kept in the "dark", what rights do we as citizens have to know about city expenses, drug fund expenses, etc. The ONLY confidential monies involved with the drug fund are supposed to be in "undercover" operations. oooh! Maybe that is the excuse that will be tried next. It's an undercover operation, after all!
why oh why

Cookeville, TN

#62 Jul 25, 2012
why wrote:
<quoted text>You would question the TBI report and the audit?? WHY??? They will be matter of public record.
You'd better BELIEVE I would question it! Why would you NOT?
The Jackass Whisperer

Cookeville, TN

#63 Jul 25, 2012
Yessir wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.mtas.utk.edu < Has the guidelines about TN Drug Funds and it states that it may be used for any non-re-occuring purchases for the police force. IE: a dozer to build up a bank for the shooting range for the force.
<quoted text> At the town meeting it was stated that, "the range was almost done" (still waiting on a bank to be built up as a bullet stop). If you will watch the News5 video where Richard and Phil trespass on the Water department grounds you can see that it is not close to being done (trees laying everywhere and no bullet stop). Also the Herald Citizen has an interview from the mayor,chief, and Bobby Farley in which Farley states that he had done all he could with the cities Back-hoe and would need a dozer for finishing the rest.
And yes Richard and Phil had to go right past a large sign entering into the department to view the site of the gun-range that states its a criminal offense to trespass on that land without permission.
You have brought up several times the so-called-trespass of Richard Smith and Phil Williams onto chief Phillips property. Does it occur to anyone other than myself that CERTAINLY if there were grounds for a trespassing charge, WHY WAS NO ONE CHARGES WITH TRESPASSING? Do they not know about this law? Or are you making a base-less claim, over and over again to sway people's opinions? An on-topic answer would be a surprise, an honest answer would be an absolute SHOCK!
Yessir

Cookeville, TN

#64 Jul 25, 2012
my understanding wrote:
<quoted text> BIG JOKE! Last nights news states very CLEARLY that there are fresh tracks all over the chief's property and the repair shop owner testified that the chief's dozer has been unfixable AND at his shop FOR OVER A YEAR!! y'ALL are caught in your big fat lie! Did you really think the truth wouldn't be discovered? Makes me wonder what ELSE has been going on while the town trusted the "city government". So.....which dozer did the dozing on the mountain top property of the chief, in Overton County?
The firing range was nearly finished and CERTAINLY didn't warrant even the shipping costs ($5,100) of this dozer. There are so many lies around this it is getting redundant to keep repeating them to make people aware, but if that's what it takes, so be it. Anyone truly interested needs to go to NewsChannel5 and click on News, then Investigative Reports, under the News menu. Watch the videos, then go onto Monterey's topix and read the bull we have been fed. Read also about the three whistle-blowers and you will also only be able to read about the videos of Richard Smiths private residence since they removed them.
It's no way as big an issue as the "Living the Dream" scandal, but these things always start out small and unnoticed, at first.
I will state this again from an earlier post of mine, the video that Phil shows is old footage that he took within a few days of the dozer being at the chiefs. Then he was claiming they were fresh tracks however you could tell the trees and such that were pushed over had been dead for a while.. And now he's still claiming theres still fresh tracks even with the dozer being gone from his property for almost a month..Even Richard claims the chief had been clearing it for years.. I think Mr. Phil is just seeing old tracks from a year ago and claiming "they're fresh".

As far as the finishing of the shooting range didn't warrant the cost of $5100 shipping fee, HOWEVER if the renting of a dozer to set the grade down to the range and build-up a bullet stop was even around the $4k range I'd spend the extra thousand just so we could use the dozer for anything needed and then if we have no other uses could sell it in a year.

Also exactly how long was the dozer on his property, from what I take it really wasn't there long enough to assemble the dozer then use it then start taking the blade back off before Phil was called in. So in my opinion those are old tracks... Just because Phil said they were fresh doesn't mean its true.
Yessir

Cookeville, TN

#65 Jul 25, 2012
The Jackass Whisperer wrote:
<quoted text> You have brought up several times the so-called-trespass of Richard Smith and Phil Williams onto chief Phillips property. Does it occur to anyone other than myself that CERTAINLY if there were grounds for a trespassing charge, WHY WAS NO ONE CHARGES WITH TRESPASSING? Do they not know about this law? Or are you making a base-less claim, over and over again to sway people's opinions? An on-topic answer would be a surprise, an honest answer would be an absolute SHOCK!
I have only stated once about the trespassing of Richard and Phil on posted land and if you would have read the post it states " If you will watch the News5 video where Richard and Phil trespass on the Water department grounds..." As to my rememberance I have never stated anything about them trespassing on the chiefs land but Richards' pictures shows that for itself lol. When Richard and Phil went to the spot of the shooting range that is down at the sewer plant is where I was speaking of them driving past the signage.

So theres your on topic and honest answer :)
As for why no charges was pressed I haven't a clue but I invite you to drive by the sewer plant and read the sign.
The Jackass Whisperer

Cookeville, TN

#66 Jul 26, 2012
Yessir wrote:
<quoted text>
I have only stated once about the trespassing of Richard and Phil on posted land and if you would have read the post it states " If you will watch the News5 video where Richard and Phil trespass on the Water department grounds..." As to my rememberance I have never stated anything about them trespassing on the chiefs land but Richards' pictures shows that for itself lol. When Richard and Phil went to the spot of the shooting range that is down at the sewer plant is where I was speaking of them driving past the signage.
So theres your on topic and honest answer :)
As for why no charges was pressed I haven't a clue but I invite you to drive by the sewer plant and read the sign.
Sure seems like if ANYONE had grounds for charging them with trespassing, that the chief of police would be the FIRST to be aware of that and would have charged them. What reason would he have to NOT do so, if the law allowed it?
The Jackass Whisperer

Cookeville, TN

#67 Jul 26, 2012
Yessir wrote:
<quoted text>
I will state this again from an earlier post of mine, the video that Phil shows is old footage that he took within a few days of the dozer being at the chiefs. Then he was claiming they were fresh tracks however you could tell the trees and such that were pushed over had been dead for a while.. And now he's still claiming theres still fresh tracks even with the dozer being gone from his property for almost a month..Even Richard claims the chief had been clearing it for years.. I think Mr. Phil is just seeing old tracks from a year ago and claiming "they're fresh".
As far as the finishing of the shooting range didn't warrant the cost of $5100 shipping fee, HOWEVER if the renting of a dozer to set the grade down to the range and build-up a bullet stop was even around the $4k range I'd spend the extra thousand just so we could use the dozer for anything needed and then if we have no other uses could sell it in a year.
Also exactly how long was the dozer on his property, from what I take it really wasn't there long enough to assemble the dozer then use it then start taking the blade back off before Phil was called in. So in my opinion those are old tracks... Just because Phil said they were fresh doesn't mean its true.
The chief's bulldozer has been at Steve Bullock's repair shop for a year now. Do you have any explanation for the bulldozer tracks "all over" his property? A matter of several weeks discrepancy would be confusing, but a whole year? Do you know if the chief has an attorney on this matter?
Yessir

Cookeville, TN

#68 Jul 26, 2012
<quoted text>Sure seems like if ANYONE had grounds for charging them with trespassing, that the chief of police would be the FIRST to be aware of that and would have charged them. What reason would he have to NOT do so, if the law allowed it?

Maybe because he doesn't want to be a prick about it?
Yessir

Cookeville, TN

#69 Jul 26, 2012
<quoted text> The chief's bulldozer has been at Steve Bullock's repair shop for a year now. Do you have any explanation for the bulldozer tracks "all over" his property? A matter of several weeks discrepancy would be confusing, but a whole year? Do you know if the chief has an attorney on this matter?
I'm just saying that the "dozer tracks and trees pushed over" could have been made a year ago. I would think a dozer could leave a pretty deep track and if there hasn't been anything running over the old tracks I would think they could have stayed there this long. Just simple rain water and such might not be enough to wash the tracks away.

As far as the chief having an attorney I have no clue, I don't even know the chief or really ever seen him lol.. If it wasn't for the picture Newschannel5 uses of him I wouldn't even know what he looks like.
The Jackass Whisperer

Cookeville, TN

#70 Jul 26, 2012
Yessir wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just saying that the "dozer tracks and trees pushed over" could have been made a year ago. I would think a dozer could leave a pretty deep track and if there hasn't been anything running over the old tracks I would think they could have stayed there this long. Just simple rain water and such might not be enough to wash the tracks away.
As far as the chief having an attorney I have no clue, I don't even know the chief or really ever seen him lol.. If it wasn't for the picture Newschannel5 uses of him I wouldn't even know what he looks like.
Usually there is a lot of weed growth in a year, but I am no geologist.
Yessir

Irmo, SC

#71 Jul 26, 2012
Well I am no "botanist" but I drive-by a place at work that was scraped over about the size of the Chiefs land with the dozer About a year ago and it has a very sparse plant life in it and that's spotty at that.

It's hard for plant life to take hold in compacted dirt and mud.
Citizen

Portland, TN

#72 Jul 26, 2012
I think the chief should just come clean about the bulldozer. We are all human, we all make mistakes. I think people would respect him and probably forgive him IF he were to stop lying about this whole mess, and, it's beyond OBVIOUS that he is lying.

It's not easy to take the high road and admit that you've done wrong...but it does show character and make you a better person in the long run. As it stands now, all we've heard from the chief (and the mayor) is one excuse (lies) after another. Not to mention them trying to blame Phil Williams and Richard Smith for all of this. Just pathetic.

Come clean, boys! At least you can walk away with your dignity.
no shiz

Cookeville, TN

#73 Aug 7, 2012
Preacher wrote:
I think this is outragous.
I was applaued at this going on in our community.
Whom is is charge of our officials.
Even if this could be "explained away", I think outsiders will have a dim view of our town.
I was saddened by this enlightening information.
poor baby jeff boo whoo you fat azz
get a life

Cookeville, TN

#74 Aug 7, 2012
Preacher wrote:
Even if this could be "explained away", I think outsiders will have a dim view of our town.
get a life people
who cares

Cookeville, TN

#75 Aug 7, 2012
Preacher wrote:
who cares
best thing for the town

Cookeville, TN

#76 Aug 7, 2012
Citizen wrote:
I think the chief should just come clean about the bulldozer. We are all human, we all make mistakes. I think people would respect him and probably forgive him IF he were to stop lying about this whole mess, and, it's beyond OBVIOUS that he is lying.
It's not easy to take the high road and admit that you've done wrong...but it does show character and make you a better person in the long run. As it stands now, all we've heard from the chief (and the mayor) is one excuse (lies) after another. Not to mention them trying to blame Phil Williams and Richard Smith for all of this. Just pathetic.
Come clean, boys! At least you can walk away with your dignity.
best idea i have heard
jack daniels

Cookeville, TN

#77 Aug 10, 2012
Preacher wrote:
drop it already
John Luke Phillips

Cookeville, TN

#78 Dec 5, 2012
Crooked elected officials! This "Good Ol Boy" network WILL cease boys... Who the hell do you think you are living off the backs of the residents of the county that THEY PAY YOU to PROTECT against trash?? Would LOVE to hear your idiotic explanation!

Oh, and I'm quite certain that every one of these idiots refer to themselves as "good, god fearing, Christians".... Ugh...(vomit) THEY PROBALY SALE THE DRUGS TOO...
anger management

Cookeville, TN

#79 Dec 7, 2012
John Luke Phillips wrote:
Crooked elected officials! This "Good Ol Boy" network WILL cease boys... Who the hell do you think you are living off the backs of the residents of the county that THEY PAY YOU to PROTECT against trash?? Would LOVE to hear your idiotic explanation!
Oh, and I'm quite certain that every one of these idiots refer to themselves as "good, god fearing, Christians".... Ugh...(vomit) THEY PROBALY SALE THE DRUGS TOO...
wow you sertainlt sound a little angry over this matter does it affect you directly?
silly people

Cookeville, TN

#80 Dec 8, 2012
John Luke Phillips wrote:
you people are so childish grow up

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deer Lodge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where would be the best areas in Sunbright for ... 1 hr guest 1
Is - Nashville Banner' rebirth possible? 23 hr Jeremy 1
get a job cindy, 23 hr works hard 7
most popular bags, cheap jordans sneakers Mon Cheap Jordans 1
anyone no james goad he died around 1985 or so (Mar '10) Mon elizabeeth goad 3
Moving to Montery Mon NewToMonteey 3
does anyone know the kayla girl shane murphy br... (Oct '09) Mon random guy 2
Deer Lodge Dating
Find my Match

Deer Lodge Jobs