Man Installing Satellite Dish Shoots Wife

Full story: WXIA Atlanta

A Missouri man shot his wife while trying to install their satellite television dish.
Comments
21 - 39 of 39 Comments Last updated Mar 27, 2008
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
shinbone

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2008

What an complete fool! Things like this happens when you let these right wing zealots own guns. My sympathy goes out to the wife's kids.
Brad

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2008

Stupid is
as
Stupid does
stillosu

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2008

Jesus!! If he had a cannon, would he use that to install a chimney? Wait, wait, honey, could you pass me the shotgun, I need to trim a little off the side. Idiot
ng_speaking

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2008

Shownuff wrote:
Come on sweetheart stand by the wall and yell to let me know if the bullet comes through.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

OR -- Honey, tell me when you see the wire comes through.
ng_speaking

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2008

shinbone wrote:
What an complete fool! Things like this happens when you let these right wing zealots own guns. My sympathy goes out to the wife's kids.
Hopefully, they did have kids. One generation of idiots is enough!
Know the rules

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2008

Sounds like no one has ever tried something that turned out to be stupid. Hopefully not of this magnitude but no less this certainly does not sound like something was done on purpose. People calling for jail time needs to rethink about their comments until they have checked to be sure thier own stupidity should not put them in jail, perhaps a stupid accident. People need to be a little sensitive in this case, the man was trying to think ouside the box to get a hole through a wall when the conventional method did not work. This is certainly a tragedy and he will never forgive himself so why doe she need all you idiots telling him how bad of decision he made. For goodness sake he killed his wife accidently and you morons want to lay blame and call for jail time. Give me a break. This man needs sympathy and counseling to grieve over the loss of a loved one who died at his hands accidently. Help him to move forward not compound the salt in the wound.

Since: Nov 07

Huntsville Alabama

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2008

Know the rules wrote:
Sounds like no one has ever tried something that turned out to be stupid. Hopefully not of this magnitude but no less this certainly does not sound like something was done on purpose. People calling for jail time needs to rethink about their comments until they have checked to be sure thier own stupidity should not put them in jail, perhaps a stupid accident. People need to be a little sensitive in this case, the man was trying to think ouside the box to get a hole through a wall when the conventional method did not work. This is certainly a tragedy and he will never forgive himself so why doe she need all you idiots telling him how bad of decision he made. For goodness sake he killed his wife accidently and you morons want to lay blame and call for jail time. Give me a break. This man needs sympathy and counseling to grieve over the loss of a loved one who died at his hands accidently. Help him to move forward not compound the salt in the wound.
I agree, the guy needs prayers sent his way not crazy people looking down on him. He is going to need alot of help getting through this one. The kids as well.
stillosu

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2008

Know the rules wrote:
Look you dipstick, a gun is for shooting targets, intruders, animals.......no where on the owner's manual does it say use in lieu of a drill.....if we quit apologizing for these morons, maybe less of this type of stupidity would happen
John Doe

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2008

Know the rules wrote:
Charges like Reckless Conduct are appropriate in cases like this. It protects society from idiots like this. I am sure Missouri has a similar law that allows for prosecution in this situation.
Fact of Life

Kennesaw, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2008

Now the roof is going to leak.
wondering lady

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2008

Wondering if he was trying to save some money by doing it himself. Now it is going to cost him lots more money to replace that wife and all the things she did for him and those kids. Wonder why he did not have it installed by the company that is going to give him satillite service. Wonder how he will be sleeping all alone at night?
Just_Great

Norcross, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2008

"They walk among us"
LAW PATROL

Riverdale, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2008

John Doe wrote:
<quoted text>
Charges like Reckless Conduct are appropriate in cases like this. It protects society from idiots like this. I am sure Missouri has a similar law that allows for prosecution in this situation.
Good morning John Doe,

In reading paragraph (b) of the Ga. Code, I don't think the man would fit the criteria of committing a Reckless Conduct offense.

It was just a tragic accident that could have been prevented.

TITLE 16. CRIMES AND OFFENSES
CHAPTER 5. CRIMES AGAINST THE PERSON
ARTICLE 4. RECKLESS CONDUCT

O.C.G.A.§ 16-5-60 (2007)

§ 16-5-60. Reckless conduct causing harm to or endangering the bodily safety of another; conduct by HIV infected persons; assault by HIV infected persons or hepatitis infected persons

(a) Any term used in this Code section and defined in Code Section 31-22-9.1 shall have the meaning provided for such term in Code Section 31-22-9.1.

(b) A person who causes bodily harm to or endangers the bodily safety of another person by consciously disregarding a substantial and unjustifiable risk that his act or omission will cause harm or endanger the safety of the other person and the disregard constitutes a gross deviation from the standard of care which a reasonable person would exercise in the situation is guilty of a misdemeanor.
Sick of Stupid

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2008

I have a mental picture of him standing outside yelling "Well, did it come though yet" over and over and over.
Know the rules

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2008

Sorry to disappoint you but I am veyr well educated and I am not a dipstick and never have been. For you uneducated fool a dipstick is something that is used in oil for an engine. Gee you must be southern hick who needs to get an education.
happyhippy1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Look you dipstick, a gun is for shooting targets, intruders, animals.......no where on the owner's manual does it say use in lieu of a drill.....if we quit apologizing for these morons, maybe less of this type of stupidity would happen
Know the rules

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2008

Sorry for the typos above. I am well educated but not a perfect typist.
John Doe

Gainesville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2008

LAW PATROL wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning John Doe,
In reading paragraph (b) of the Ga. Code, I don't think the man would fit the criteria of committing a Reckless Conduct offense.
It was just a tragic accident that could have been prevented.
TITLE 16. CRIMES AND OFFENSES
CHAPTER 5. CRIMES AGAINST THE PERSON
ARTICLE 4. RECKLESS CONDUCT
O.C.G.A.§ 16-5-60 (2007)
§ 16-5-60. Reckless conduct causing harm to or endangering the bodily safety of another; conduct by HIV infected persons; assault by HIV infected persons or hepatitis infected persons
(a) Any term used in this Code section and defined in Code Section 31-22-9.1 shall have the meaning provided for such term in Code Section 31-22-9.1.
(b) A person who causes bodily harm to or endangers the bodily safety of another person by consciously disregarding a substantial and unjustifiable risk that his act or omission will cause harm or endanger the safety of the other person and the disregard constitutes a gross deviation from the standard of care which a reasonable person would exercise in the situation is guilty of a misdemeanor.
Reread through that, subsection b fits. I just charged someone in a somewhat similar case last week. But, laws are different in Missouri, but the probably have something similar. I have not looked into their codes.
LAW PATROL

Riverdale, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2008

John Doe wrote:
<quoted text> Reread through that, subsection b fits. I just charged someone in a somewhat similar case last week. But, laws are different in Missouri, but the probably have something similar. I have not looked into their codes.
O.C.G.A.§ 16-5-60 (2007)
§ 16-5-60. Reckless conduct causing harm
(b) "by consciously disregarding a substantial and unjustifiable risk that his act or omission will cause harm or endanger"

John Doe,
The clause in 16-5-60 would have to be proven that the shooter did consciously disregard the safety of others to give probable cause for the charge of Reckless Conduct.

The News article stated that the husband thought his wife was inside the house at the time of the accident.
(a) It shall be unlawful—
(3)
(A) Except as provided in subparagraph (B), it shall be unlawful for any person, knowingly or with reckless disregard for the safety of another, to discharge or attempt to discharge a firearm that has moved in or that otherwise affects interstate or foreign commerce at a place that the person knows is a school zone.
(B) Subparagraph (A) does not apply to the discharge of a firearm—
(i) on private property not part of school grounds;
(ii) as part of a program approved by a school in the school zone, by an individual who is participating in the program;
(iii) by an individual in accordance with a contract entered into between a school in a school zone and the individual or an employer of the individual; or
(iv) by a law enforcement officer acting in his or her official capacity.

This above is Federal Code for firearms, which is equally applied in all 50 States.
The Georgia Code above is dealing mainly with the spread of HIV by a carrier of the virus, but it is modeled after the Federal Code regarding Reckless Disregard, or Conduct.
Sherlock

Decatur, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2008

He doesn't need to go to jail. It was a stupid accident, not a criminal act.

He will suffer his whole life with what has happened and the loss his children will go through.

I can't believe some of you would have those kids left parentless over a bone headed mistake. Strange world. Criminals get killed by the police after they intentionally shoot at the police and everyone feels sorry for the felon. This guy does a dumb thing that ends up causing his wife's death by accident and it's no mercy. Weird. Really weird for me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Deepwater Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Deepwater Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Deepwater People Search