DFC Creates Plan To Boost Services

Full story: Hartford Courant

Agreement Emerges After Negotiations Over Lawsuit Challenging Standard Of Care March 13, 2007 By COLIN POITRAS , Courant Staff Writer The state's child welfare agency has agreed to significantly ramp up ...
Comments
1 - 20 of 21 Comments Last updated Jun 3, 2007
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Taxpayer Distress

Colchester, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 13, 2007
 
Fire everybody who works for DCF. Bring in people who actually care and are committed to getting this done. How can you still be operating under a 1989 agreement? How can you not have met 22 points of improvement? How can we be hosed like this as taxpayers? Outsource it -- there is no way a private business could not be doing a better job than this.
Alan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 13, 2007
 
The thing that is missed is that what is less expensive is often better for children in child welfare. Moving childing from group settings to family foster homes or adoption is clearly better for the child than a group home. Utilization management needs to be brougtht to Connecticut.
Early Childhood Adv

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 13, 2007
 
Kathleen M Dickson wrote:
We need a separate court, a real one, where we prosecute the DCF for all of their crimes against children, and for the return of children wrongly taken.
You should never assume that a child taken from their parent was being abused or neglected. DCF removes children if you simply say to them, THESE ALLEGATIONS ARE FALSE, AND YOU DCF PEOPLE ARE TOO STUPID FOR WORDS,
as was the case in my case.
I was also falsely arrested.
DCF has never prosecuted false allegations.
I have on my website some really sound evidence that DCF is simply about torturing parents and children.
Kathleen M. Dickson
ActionLyme.org
We need real law makers who realize what they are doing with laws before they start creating them.(who in HELL was trying to legalize marijuana?) Predator laws and etc. What happened in your case? You say you were arrested on false allegations? What happened? Did you make you court date or did you just sign your children away because you thought it best to remain with the "man"? I would love to know your situation and if it involved drugs(it is against the law)were you selling or using? or alcohol(were you drinking and driving? did you serve a minor or buy for them?...then it was pretty stupid on your part, huh? You are aware we are on the internet, correct? Just checking, these responses aren't only on here...and I don't think we are the only ones who read them. What is your definition of abuse or neglect? The return of children taken...yeah there we agree..if there parents are still alive...or vise versa for that matter. Please seak to me.
Early Childhood Adv

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 13, 2007
 
seak to me...speak.
Early Childhood Adv

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 13, 2007
 
Taxpayer Distress wrote:
Fire everybody who works for DCF. Bring in people who actually care and are committed to getting this done. How can you still be operating under a 1989 agreement? How can you not have met 22 points of improvement? How can we be hosed like this as taxpayers? Outsource it -- there is no way a private business could not be doing a better job than this.
How about it if parents did their jobs...or at least tried. If you know something is against the laws why are you usingand/or attempting change those laws? Did it ever occur to you that maybe it was against the law to begin with? Take domestic violence cases, which have greatly increased among young teens...why, 1) Laws...no it is not ok to have sex with children...moms you should have reported it...i dont' want to hear about how children are removed when you your boy? friend is their for other reasons...or predators...Do you really want me to explain the original Constitution? I'll fry your ass(unfortunetly in court) if this State doesn't and those laws better change(what is wrongwhen people abuse children and some are only given a suspended sentence 15 years, talked down to 10 then down to probation, what which evercase not too long ago.? Are you certain people were born that way? 2) original issue never dealt with, what was happening? War? Drugs? Alcohol abuse? Physical Abuse 2) Sexual Abuse 3) Emotional 4) Neglect? What? 3) peer pressure ...wrong message...gangs 4) too much going on..that people just assumed it was "normal", no it is not normal to be having a child when one should have been in school. If they dropped out why?...if parent(s) was/were receiving state aid...they should have lost the funding (one doesn't live on aid for the rest of ones life for a reason, drugs are against the laws for a reason...children should have both a mom and a dad...when they can afford to do so that is why one is educated...which has been taken for granted)if they didn't...the priority were the children and they should have been in school..(how many have been in homeless shelters) how does the saying go..."Happen once, shame on ..." 5) Should we even talk about illegal immigration?(it should have been reported...along time ago...for many reasons. Health issues? ID theft? What other crimes?...the above?
Early Childhood Adv

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 13, 2007
 
Their = there.
A Licensed Foster Parent

Wethersfield, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 13, 2007
 
DCF does NOT do their job!!!! I know first hand.
It'like banging my head against a wall to get DCF to assist me in meeting the needs of the children in my care. I am sick and tired of hearing about the social workers case loads being heavy---NOT an excuse!!
Crazy Guy

South Yarmouth, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 13, 2007
 
Calm down, Early Childhood. I think Kathleen may be onto something. The problem is, she's so much smarter than the incompetent functionaries out there that they feel threatened by her intellect. Stupid people are rarely smart enough to admit their own stupidity,.. They seize power and attempt to exercise illegitimate authority. If Kathleen was indeed arrested for seeking the truth and speaking her mind, this is simpley outrageous.

As a Ct. native, a lot of what she says rings true to me.(It isn't necessary that someone post his whole life story on the internet, nor should it be.) In Ct., you have nothing to fear but law enforcement itself. Children in unfortunate circumstances are apparently most endangered by the State itself, which, judging from the evidence, has been proven dysfunctional. The state does not give a damn for its own citizens or its children, trust it.
lawyer in street

North Haven, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 13, 2007
 
it would be interesting to compare the amount of money spent per capita on each child with the amount spent on each adult prisoner in this state. One wonders if the majority of our financial effort is going in the less productive direction.
Early Childhood Adv

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 13, 2007
 
lawyer in street wrote:
it would be interesting to compare the amount of money spent per capita on each child with the amount spent on each adult prisoner in this state. One wonders if the majority of our financial effort is going in the less productive direction.
When we arrest all the parents of the children who dropped out of school be certain to ask them. Are ethics and morals included in the education process?
Maybe the decisions one made in life weren't the greatest...it is estimated that what 1 in 4? inmates9now let's get those jobs) can't read...maybe school drop outs should reconsider...that easy dollar you thought you might be making selling drugs or other crime...doesn't help you much when you mess up your life. Again, parent(s) your job is to make certain that your children receive at least a high school education...but you need to do your part as well...if it was against the law maybe someone should have learned from it...what are your ethics and morals based on?
Early Childhood Adv

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 13, 2007
 
9 should be (,now let's get those jobs, sarcasm)...lawyer on the streets wasn't it your job to report illegal immigrants, laws are for a reason, ethics and morals...do you have any? One does not need to build a wall when a little pebble should have done...how would they feel if while in their home someone just walks in and takes over?Boundries should work just as easily...do not Tras Pass what does it mean? Again...please read what you profess to know!
Lenny B

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 13, 2007
 
Kathleen M Dickson wrote:
We need a separate court, a real one, where we prosecute the DCF for all of their crimes against children, and for the return of children wrongly taken.
You should never assume that a child taken from their parent was being abused or neglected. DCF removes children if you simply say to them, THESE ALLEGATIONS ARE FALSE, AND YOU DCF PEOPLE ARE TOO STUPID FOR WORDS,
as was the case in my case.
I was also falsely arrested.
DCF has never prosecuted false allegations.
I have on my website some really sound evidence that DCF is simply about torturing parents and children.
Kathleen M. Dickson
ActionLyme.org
I'm not sure you are the same Kathleen Dickson, but I remember reading the court files of a Kathleen Dickson and the case was a bit bizzare. I can't say whether she was falsely arrested or not, but the conditions of her special probation were that: Kathleen could not send fax communications to any Federal, State or local governments, and she could not post anything negative about the Connecticut Government on the internet with permission. I actually saw this in her court records. This was illegal for the courts to do.
Lenny B

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 13, 2007
 
Correction.. conditions of her special probation were that: Kathleen could not send fax communications to any Federal, State or local governments, and she could not post anything negative about the Connecticut Government on the internet Without permission from her probation officer. I actually saw this in her court records. This was illegal for the courts to do.
Crazy Guy

South Yarmouth, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 13, 2007
 
Good for you, Lenny B. Thanks for paying attention. I WAS falsely arrested in Corrupticut, multiple times. I don't think I'm the only one.(I'm the one that got away.) Sayanora!

Since: Feb 07

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 13, 2007
 
Taxpayer Distress wrote:
Fire everybody who works for DCF. Bring in people who actually care and are committed to getting this done. How can you still be operating under a 1989 agreement? How can you not have met 22 points of improvement? How can we be hosed like this as taxpayers? Outsource it -- there is no way a private business could not be doing a better job than this.
Do some research. about 15 points have been met so far.

Since: Feb 07

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 13, 2007
 
Kathleen M Dickson wrote:
The unions are the State's biggest problem, no matter what the issue. Morons should not have such power, and the moron legislators should be fined every time they refuse a constituent an appointment.
You mean when they refuse paranoid morons like you?
I AM WHO I AM

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 9, 2007
 
GO TO COLLEGE, APPLY TO DCF AND TRY WORKING THERE BEFORE YOU JUDGE!!!!!!

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Apr 10, 2007
 
Early Childhood Adv wrote:
<quoted text>
When we arrest all the parents of the children who dropped out of school be certain to ask them. Are ethics and morals included in the education process?
Maybe the decisions one made in life weren't the greatest...it is estimated that what 1 in 4? inmates9now let's get those jobs) can't read...maybe school drop outs should reconsider...that easy dollar you thought you might be making selling drugs or other crime...doesn't help you much when you mess up your life. Again, parent(s) your job is to make certain that your children receive at least a high school education...but you need to do your part as well...if it was against the law maybe someone should have learned from it...what are your ethics and morals based on?
STOP BLAMING the parents for EVERYTHING. Many good and decent parents have had kids that do bad things.

Do you really think it would do any good to arrest a parent because a teen skips school? And then what? You maybe leave a bunch of younger kids home without a parent.

ECA here is REALITY. In the state of CT. a kid 16 or over can do ANYTHING they want and the parents CANNOT do anything about it because 16 is the age of CONSENT and YET the very same powerless parent can be held responsible for what their 16 or 17 year old kid does. Is that fair? No way. CT.

If you were half the expert you claim to be then you would have known that parents of 16 and 17 year old kids are powerless to intervene when they CHOOSE to do stupid, immature things.

The solution is to RAISE the age of consent to 18 and then parents would have some recourse when their children do wrong things. You obviously have NO parenting experience.

You're all talk but no brains.

Since: Feb 07

Never forgotten

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Apr 10, 2007
 
Eddie M wrote:
<quoted text>
STOP BLAMING the parents for EVERYTHING. Many good and decent parents have had kids that do bad things.
Do you really think it would do any good to arrest a parent because a teen skips school? And then what? You maybe leave a bunch of younger kids home without a parent.
ECA here is REALITY. In the state of CT. a kid 16 or over can do ANYTHING they want and the parents CANNOT do anything about it because 16 is the age of CONSENT and YET the very same powerless parent can be held responsible for what their 16 or 17 year old kid does. Is that fair? No way. CT.
If you were half the expert you claim to be then you would have known that parents of 16 and 17 year old kids are powerless to intervene when they CHOOSE to do stupid, immature things.
The solution is to RAISE the age of consent to 18 and then parents would have some recourse when their children do wrong things. You obviously have NO parenting experience.
You're all talk but no brains.
All true. The state of CT. gives 16 year old kids all the freedom they could want and they give parents all the resposibility for what their kids do with that freedom.

Your 16 year old daughter is dating a 20 something. Can't call the cops or the courts. Your kid is at the age of consent.

She doesn't like you intervening in her relationships so she moves out. Too bad for you, nothing you can do.

Your 16 year old son is skipping school. Hey, he can legally quit.

The state of CT. better wake up and do one of two things. Raise the age of consent OR make 16 and 17 year olds responsible for their own actions.
LILMAMA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Jun 3, 2007
 
DCF IS FULL OF SHIT AND TRUST ME I NO THEY TOOK MY SON FROM ME SO FU DCF AND WHO EVERY WORK FOR THEM THEY DONT DO SHIT BUT BRAKE UP PEOPLE HAPPY HOMES NOW MY CHILD IS WITH SOME PEOPLE I DONT NO AND GOES TO COUNSELLING BECAUSE DCF TOOK HIM FROM ME

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Deep River Discussions

Search the Deep River Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Can I find the obituary of my ancestors ? Fri luclor97 1
All Fired Up: Traveling Roadside Barbecue Jul 8 ForJustice 1
Connecticut News - State, National and Local Ne... (Jun '07) May '14 chris 3
yoga May '14 ava tyler 3
Region 4 Education Budget Approved May '14 Libs Suck 1
yoga May '14 FACT 3
Emily Bjornberg of Lyme Declares Democratic Can... May '14 Westbrook resident 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Deep River Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Deep River People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Deep River News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Deep River
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••