Liberty Bank Embezzelment?

Posted in the Deep River Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Scruffy And Proud

Bedford, TX

#1 Feb 24, 2009
Has anyone heard about the local bank dealings?
mrR

Bristol, CT

#2 Feb 26, 2009
amazing a fire makes the news within a hour. The talk around town is that it is the local selectman / police chiefs's wife. Any FACTS OUT THERE YET?
Steelers fan

West Yarmouth, MA

#3 Feb 26, 2009
mrR wrote:
amazing a fire makes the news within a hour. The talk around town is that it is the local selectman / police chiefs's wife. Any FACTS OUT THERE YET?
Amazing that nothing has come out. I wonder why?
Could it be that the town officials are keeping this form being covered. If This was me, I would already be in jail.
scruffy and proud

Bedford, TX

#4 Feb 26, 2009
just the Good o'll Boys
Amy

Peabody, MA

#5 Feb 27, 2009
I heard it was The Deep River's First Selectman's wife Laura that worked at Liberty Bank in Deep River. I heard she was taken out in handcuffs. I can't believe this has been kept so quiet. I guess when your husband is "Dick" The Fist Selectman you get treated differently.

How stupid to embezel from a bank. Of course you will be caught. Stupid woman! I believe she used to also own/manage The Short Stop in Deep River Center.

I wonder if The First Selectman "Dick" knew of his wife had been up to???????

In a way I feel sad for her, I also heard she is now in a mental hospital. Very Sad!!!!
harry balz

United States

#6 Mar 9, 2009
Gee Amy I wonder The great crime fighter cant solve the mystery in his own house?
none

United States

#7 Mar 10, 2009
You'd be surprised how easy it is. Remeber the manger of Durham, she had been doing it for 10 years before they caught her. And i heard last summer there was an incident in the Washington St branch and some girl stole a lot of money, she still hasn't been aressted. I think it's a huge cover up
pokeass

United States

#8 Mar 10, 2009
it is crazy, some girl, i believe her name is Shana or Shannon, or something embezzled 50,000 plus from the washington st branch, and your right about the durham manager, this is horrible cant even trust your bank to keep you money safe, and i heard the same thing about the first selectmans wife from deep river,because im sure a first selectman makes no money..bunch of bull
LYNN

Farmington, CT

#9 Mar 11, 2009
I really think that someone needs to get ahold of the tv stations and THIS newspaper to leak a story out about all this. MAKES ME SO MAD it wasnt already done. HUSH HUSH...Like I have said..if it was YOU or ME it would be out all over the place. Yes, she has a gambling illness...its sad...but I know for a fact she has had this desease for a LONG time....and Mr Smith had no clue?????? So she had to steal from the local bank in town...of which MR SMITH is just not the first selectman..BUT A TOWN COP, which i am sure he has clout with the state troopers..Taken out of the bank in handcuffs!!!! And it doesnt make any news at all? I find that very strange.
Jake

Peabody, MA

#10 Mar 15, 2009
Someone needs to e-mail a tip to WTNH Channel 8 and get this on the news. If I stole from the bank it would be all over the news. This is bull. How can Dick Smith the First Selectman show his face in town. He's a town cop. Though, he would arrest you and I if we broke the law correct?
none

United States

#11 Mar 15, 2009
The do it Jake. The more people that do the more they will feel the need to investigate.
Christine

South Dennis, MA

#12 Mar 16, 2009
For all of you people who have nothing better to do then to gossip and spread untruths, get your facts straight. She was not taken away in handcuffs, she was taken away in an ambulance. This is how rumors start. Do some research before you judge people. For any of you that know Mr. Smith, you know he is an honest man. You have no idea how many people he stood by that have made mistakes. To all you blogger please use your time and energy into helping someone in need. Stop being so negative.
UFO hunter

United States

#13 Mar 17, 2009
There is life out there Wher the f**k are you from? Oh yes you must be talking about the town crew. Honest Please!
none

Bolton, CT

#14 Apr 5, 2009
People saw her get taken out in handcuffs, so much for rumor!! DickSmith is a public offical and should be open and honest with the community regardless of what the situation is with his wife. Having things covered up just raises peoples suspicions of him abusing his power as first selectman and a town cop.
none

Bolton, CT

#15 Apr 5, 2009
Christine wrote:
For all of you people who have nothing better to do then to gossip and spread untruths, get your facts straight. She was not taken away in handcuffs, she was taken away in an ambulance. This is how rumors start. Do some research before you judge people. For any of you that know Mr. Smith, you know he is an honest man. You have no idea how many people he stood by that have made mistakes. To all you blogger please use your time and energy into helping someone in need. Stop being so negative.
Christine you seem to know so much about Dick and his wife maybe you could shed some light on what happened. although I know Dick is not that kind and giving as you seem to want to portray him!
LYNN

Bloomfield, CT

#16 Apr 5, 2009
Christine wrote:
you are THE ONE THAT HAS no clue....she was taken out iN HANDCUFFS...no rumor!nEGATIVITY HAS nothing TO DO WITH IT...she is a criminal!!!! The negativity has to do with the fact she basically got away with it and its kept all hush hush
shadow

North Westchester, CT

#17 Apr 10, 2009
you have it right about the laura smith[ bank]why is it such a big hush hush , have you every been to deep river it's not abig place everyone knows, something like that should be on the news it doesnt make a different who you are just because you are dick's wife should mean anything, she did what she did and should have her face spattered all over the news, anyone else would of for that crime !!!!
Sue

United States

#18 Apr 10, 2009
Christine is giving you the facts!! What the other people are saying is a lot of garbage. If you didn't see what happened, you shouldn't be saying anything! Stop spreading the rumors!!! Would you like people spreading rumors about you? Don't you people have anything better to do than ruin people's lives??
LYNN

Bloomfield, CT

#19 Apr 11, 2009
Sue wrote:
Christine is giving you the facts!! What the other people are saying is a lot of garbage. If you didn't see what happened, you shouldn't be saying anything! Stop spreading the rumors!!! Would you like people spreading rumors about you? Don't you people have anything better to do than ruin people's lives??
PLEASE!!!!!!!!!! What I am saying here is the truth! She was taken away in handcuffs...and she is a nut case....a nice person...dont get me wrong..but a criminal and a nut case...There is alot more to the story than I bet you even know! And would it make a damn big difference if she was taken away in a ambulance or a police cruiser anyways??!!!! The bottom line is she EMBEZELLed all that money from Liberty Bank, and is getting away with it!!! The money was paid back, she is getting the mental help she needs...and STILL IS IS ALL HUSH HUSH AND SHE GOT AWAY WITH IT!!!!! Come on...like we ALL have said...if it was YOU or ME it would be all over the news and local papers...and I really do not think it is right that she isnt seeing her husband is the First selectman AND town constable!!!! Give me a damn break. We are not ruining HER life by stating the facts on here..SHE RUINED HERS A LONG time ago by gambling, then stealing and also doing some other things I am sure people already know about. So get over yourself
I love Deep River

United States

#20 Apr 13, 2009
Hmmm. So- as I noted on the other page, I am glad there are people in our wonderful town who believe that the truth of a person cannot be told in a single rumor. It does seem odd to me that some are so self rightously angry, and still without more than rumor. As these seem to be the same angry people posting repeatedly, I cannot help but wonder if they have some type of personal stake in the situation. Jealousy? Arrest records? or perhaps other, more personal reasons?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deep River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News State Looking Into Complaints About Essex Business (Jun '08) May '16 Consumer Advocate 44
---a question----- (Apr '15) Nov '15 Craig 3
News Connecticut electrician to appear in 'Shark Tan... (Apr '15) May '15 BPT 4
Andrea Mears (Aug '14) Aug '14 shoff 1
Can I find the obituary of my ancestors ? (Jul '14) Jul '14 luclor97 1
News All Fired Up: Traveling Roadside Barbecue (Jul '14) Jul '14 ForJustice 1
News Connecticut News - State, National and Local Ne... (Jun '07) May '14 chris 3

Deep River Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Deep River Mortgages