Deep River --

Deep River --

There are 1 comment on the Hartford Courant story from Aug 16, 2006, titled Deep River -- In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

The town stretches over 14.2 square miles and has a central business district near its eastern border, which is the Connecticut River.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Joel Nucci

New Milford, CT

#1 Aug 5, 2007
To the People of Deep River
Our family has lived in Deep River for over 70 years. What we particularly like about our town are the wonderful people and the unique set of friendly businesses that share valued resources. New families and businesses seem to be attracted and integrate easily into the environment that we have preserved. The trade offs and right decisions that we have made with these limited resources, is in my opinion, what makes Deep River a growing and healthy community.
In the past couple years there have been new building projects that are indicative of the growth that has come to Deep River. The town has carefully used it’s discretion to evaluate all aspects of these additions. These businesses are the type that could benefit all of us and we are positive with regard to these go-ahead decisions, even though they may bring a little more congestion and traffic to our streets.
There is now a decision before our town that will not benefit anyone within the community and also has considerable downside risk and liability to the citizens of Deep River!
A Transfer Station is a repository site for old building construction material waste. A few years ago, a license was approved by Deep River in Winthrop Industrial Park, run by Waste Technology, Inc. to construct this Transfer Station in our community. Recently the Harford Current stated that Waste Tech which is Integrated Waste Solutions LLC is requesting the Town of Deep River for additional permits to almost triple their tonnage from 200 ton a day to 500 ton a day. If our town approves this, it will cause many problems, in that Route 80 will be dangerously congested with trucks hauling waste and sometimes-hazardous material. You can see that the course that these trucks will take would impact some of our town’s greatest assets, including Winthrop Junior High School. With more than 220 trucks per day hauling construction debris from all over the state of Connecticut, through our town, normal traffic patterns will be greatly disrupted and collateral damage is an eventuality.
A discussion of the impact of this Transfer Station is slated for Thursday evening of August 16th, at the Town Hall.
Please join me then to insure that a vast amount of Connecticut’s building construction waste is not imported into Deep River.
For more information please contact:
Joel V Nucci,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deep River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Connecticut electrician to appear in 'Shark Tan... (Apr '15) May '15 BPT 4
---a question----- (Apr '15) Apr '15 Craig 2
Andrea Mears (Aug '14) Aug '14 shoff 1
Can I find the obituary of my ancestors ? (Jul '14) Jul '14 luclor97 1
News All Fired Up: Traveling Roadside Barbecue (Jul '14) Jul '14 ForJustice 1
News Connecticut News - State, National and Local Ne... (Jun '07) May '14 chris 3
yoga (Apr '14) May '14 ava tyler 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Deep River Mortgages