Robber Hits Deep River Bank

Full story: Hartford Courant

State police are investigating a robbery this afternoon at the Liberty Bank branch at 151 Main St.

Comments (Page 6)

Showing posts 101 - 115 of115
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
local

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2009

Judged:

first time caller wrote:
addicts, nepotists, cronies and crooks. DR's most public figures have behaved no different than gov't anywhere else in the world.
except it's my hometown and i care about Deep River.
Officer Smith, Officer Sypher and Officer Lewis do a tough job every day- for the people of DR. After they serve as officers, they then go home to serve as fathers, husbands, brothers, uncles- and as grandfathers these days. because they are such public figures, it's easy to paint a big fat bull's eye on these men and point fingers. but never think that these men don't care about DR and it's citizens. they are not cops for the prestige.
It's ridiculous to make them all the forefront in this internet pissing contest.
however, to say that laura's connections had nothing to do with her subsequent "punishment" and media silence is just naive.
it's same reason 'individuals' have never been busted for dealing coke, same for DUI's getting covered up. it's the same reason none of our high school parties got busted.
it's who you know.
besides, regardless of the wording "pay off" or "cover up" the fact of the matter is embezzelment is front page news these days and this scandal is so quiet that THIS discussion on THIS forum has been the ONLY public mention of the case anywhere.
but she doesn't owe me anything and i don't need her to be publicly embarassed anymore than she has done to herself.
i can only hope that the good in this is cleaner politics and a better place to be scruffy and proud.
$.02
did you share your coke with the good honest officer and his ex down at the grandstand? they are all crooks. Because they are no different than goverment officials all over the world dose not make them fit to be local officials her in Deep River Mr. Low Standards. Theese crooks are a few of lauras connections remember.
Y Lisn 2 fools

South Yarmouth, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

Damn...buy yourself a dictionary. And hey, that little button on the left and the right side of the keyboard that says "shift" will give you a capital letter. We are supposed to take your comments seriously when you present them like a second grader?
proud to be in Deep River

South Yarmouth, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2009

Judged:

You said it Y Lisn 2 fools! Local, are you all jacked up on coke yourself? You can't even spell or write anything that makes sense.
first time caller

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2009

that's Miss Low Standards

k, thnx
local

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2009

Judged:

first time caller wrote:
that's Miss Low Standards
k, thnx
sorry
miss no standards can see why you are still a miss
Scruffy and proud

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2009

Hey dorth about time just a few days to late wonder how that worked out? More corruption mabe a few favors owed?
The Watcher

Cheshire, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2009

Judged:

Dick Smith need to be indicted as does EVERY law enforcement officer and EVERY public official who conspired to keep this out of the News Media and who conspired to keep the arrest warrant sealed/unexecuted until after election day. This corruption WILL NOT be tolerated. Dick Smith need to be recalled immediately and fired from his law enforcement post, with forfiture of ALL benefits including pensions. I believe that law passed after the conviction of John Rowland.
Disgusted with Politics

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2009

Judged:

I see all the supporters of Mrs. Smith are quiet now!
first time caller

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2009

Judged:

indeed, Disgusted, very quiet.
Hummm

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2009

When do the town selectmen "approve" the town constables??
Deep River

South Yarmouth, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2009

Judged:

I agree with all on this Laura Smith issue, a thief is a thief, and should stand up to what the law dictates. On the other hand though, what deals were cut before she was charged. Does the bank have the option to press charges or not, and if they do, did they? If the bank has the option of pressing charges, and opted not to, because family came forward with the missing cash, thats there buisness. Me thinks if anyone out there made the same mistake as Laura, and had the same chances as she did, we would take them. We would all call forth any power we had, to stay out of a jam such as Lauras. I do also believe an addiction shouldn't be used as an excuse to get away with breaking the law, even with an addiction, I'm sure Laura knew what she was doing was wrong.
prison4u

New London, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2010

Judged:

Her supplier....Timothy Carlson is as much as a scum bag as laura...addict is an addict.
And yes, Laura is STILL sleeping with Tim. One scum bag to another....
Wonder how her husband feels about timmy...and the coke and the stealing...cheating..
1st degree larceny...wow
Laura is deserving of prison....
disgusted

North Brookfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 17, 2010

Judged:

Another court date 4/6/2010....what is happening??
DR type

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

the Badger wrote:
Don't worry about it Lynn. People judge me as mean and clueless all the time. It is only because I am right, as you are. The truth hurts and all they are doing is validating our comments with their judgements. Smith should be processed like any other common criminal because that is what she D@M WELL is!
<quoted text>
No, Badger -- sorry. It's because you're mean and clueless.
Deep River

Plainville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2010

Judged:

Laura Smith..no jail..no nothing..what kind of message does this send. It's acceptable to steal, disrespect your employer, community. It's acceptable to falsify IRS and State of CT tax returns..I assume. Why, who stopped the courant, middletown press and all others from exploiting this absolute injustice. What role did our political, law enforcent, parents and friend play?? No winners or losers..just looking for justice for all involved.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 101 - 115 of115
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Flood Warning for Middlesex County was issued at April 17 at 11:40AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Deep River Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Deep River People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE