Robber Hits Deep River Bank

There are 20 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Mar 9, 2009, titled Robber Hits Deep River Bank. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

State police are investigating a robbery this afternoon at the Liberty Bank branch at 151 Main St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

dorth

Southington, CT

#23 Mar 10, 2009
note to badger and scruffy
I can put my comments in here and know these people you are talking about. too bad you can't say that! This is a small town and most of us help each other, not pass judgement on each other, maybe you will have the day come that others will pass judgement on you!
the Badger

Bloomfield, CT

#24 Mar 11, 2009
yeah yeah yeah ......yawn......
dorth wrote:
I can put my comments in here and know these people you are talking about. too bad you can't say that! This is a small town and most of us help each other, not pass judgement on each other, maybe you will have the day come that others will pass judgement on you!
Art

United States

#25 Mar 11, 2009
dorth wrote:
Mabe badger dosn't live in town but I do and all seems to be accurate.
Deep River Lifer

Southington, CT

#27 Mar 11, 2009
Dorth, are you serious? The only time that people "help each other" in town conveniently is when the either the first selectman or his cronies are in trouble. If you're not part of that group, then judgment is passed without any second thought. I think it's ironic that people can see what is going on from everywhere else, but the people who should really care for their town and it's safety, look the other way. Either that, or they just don't get it.
Deep River Lifer

Southington, CT

#29 Mar 11, 2009
An example for you. I don't like to post without some supporting facts.
A few years ago a selectman at the time got caught embezzling from a local organization because of a drinking problem. I do not remember his name. He was in the papers the next day and everybody was talking about it, including the other "selectmen". Where was the unity there? Where was the compassion? Not saying there should have been, but why is there a difference?

“Don Mei”

Since: Apr 07

Essex, CT

#30 Mar 12, 2009
Jojo
No argument there. Embezzlement is certainly st3aling. But it is the difference between larceny and robbery.

Its not done by force under threat of violence. It is purely a property crime.

Don
the Badger

Bloomfield, CT

#31 Mar 12, 2009
If I was ever stupid enough to steal and get caught, I would give you a "gold card" to say what ever you wanted to about me. Stealing is Stealing. Quack Quack! Bang! Next!
dorth wrote:
LYNN

Middlefield, CT

#32 Mar 13, 2009
WOW!!! I found the article. But they HID IT...made it hard to find...I WONDER WHY? Cause MRS. SMITH is the manin topic...hmmmmm
the Badger

Bloomfield, CT

#33 Mar 13, 2009
Sneakie huh? Nothing get by us bloggers though.
LYNN wrote:
WOW!!! I found the article. But they HID IT...made it hard to find...I WONDER WHY? Cause MRS. SMITH is the manin topic...hmmmmm
Scruffy and proud

United States

#34 Mar 13, 2009
lynn what article are you talking about where did you find it? I hav'nt found anythig yet
the Badger

Bloomfield, CT

#35 Mar 13, 2009
I think she is referring to this article.
Scruffy and proud wrote:
lynn what article are you talking about where did you find it? I hav'nt found anythig yet
scruffy and proud

United States

#36 Mar 14, 2009
I donít think we will see anything. It seems that she is ok and out with not even an ankle bracelet.
dpriver

United States

#37 Mar 15, 2009
all of you have no clue. at best, you have about 30% accuracy and its obvious that you really dont know what you are talking about
Depriver

Southington, CT

#38 Mar 15, 2009
Well, even more of a reason for the real story to come out so rumors don't spread like they are. So that we can know the 30%. Because even 30% of what people are saying is still pretty damn bad. Good point Dpriver.
lynn

Middlefield, CT

#39 Mar 16, 2009
dpriver wrote:
all of you have no clue. at best, you have about 30% accuracy and its obvious that you really dont know what you are talking about

YES I know the facts....so keep your mouth shut. The things I know I will not put on here...just the basics. So before you going making your comments...all that is said in here so far is the truth, and we do know what we are talking about. You must be a worker in town that sticks up for all the others too. I think you know the facts so far are correct. SHe has had this gambling problem for a LONG time. Now she got desparate and needed MORE money, so steal from the local bank where you work. How easy was that..until you get caught.
Scruffy and proud

United States

#40 Mar 17, 2009
Depriver wrote:
Well, even more of a reason for the real story to come out so rumors don't spread like they are. So that we can know the 30%. Because even 30% of what people are saying is still pretty damn bad. Good point Dpriver.
Was the other 30% not on the affidavit? The money ripped off from the ex mother in-law wasnít included? I bet Paul the dump man gets a raise, new job title or at least a new office to keep his mouth shut.
links

United States

#41 Mar 18, 2009
local bank manager dosn't think it can be kept upder wraps much longer so at least part of the truth may be let out.
lynn

Middlefield, CT

#42 Mar 18, 2009
lynn wrote:
<quoted text>
YES I know the facts....so keep your mouth shut. The things I know I will not put on here...just the basics. So before you going making your comments...all that is said in here so far is the truth, and we do know what we are talking about. You must be a worker in town that sticks up for all the others too. I think you know the facts so far are correct. SHe has had this gambling problem for a LONG time. Now she got desparate and needed MORE money, so steal from the local bank where you work. How easy was that..until you get caught.
OH I AM NOT MEAN AND CLUELESS! TOO FUNNY. I know the facts
the Badger

Bloomfield, CT

#43 Mar 19, 2009
Don't worry about it Lynn. People judge me as mean and clueless all the time. It is only because I am right, as you are. The truth hurts and all they are doing is validating our comments with their judgements. Smith should be processed like any other common criminal because that is what she D@M WELL is!
lynn wrote:
<quoted text> OH I AM NOT MEAN AND CLUELESS! TOO FUNNY. I know the facts
the Badger

Bloomfield, CT

#44 Mar 19, 2009
John Danaher III for Governor, or maybe Senator. Think about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deep River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Connecticut electrician to appear in 'Shark Tan... 7 hr American Gentlema... 3
---a question----- Apr 12 Craig 2
Andrea Mears (Aug '14) Aug '14 shoff 1
Can I find the obituary of my ancestors ? (Jul '14) Jul '14 luclor97 1
News All Fired Up: Traveling Roadside Barbecue (Jul '14) Jul '14 ForJustice 1
News Connecticut News - State, National and Local Ne... (Jun '07) May '14 chris 3
yoga (Apr '14) May '14 ava tyler 3
More from around the web

Deep River People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]