Earthquake Shakes Deep River Area

Full story: Hartford Courant

It doesn't happen in Connecticut often, but residents in the towns of Chester, Deep River , Killingworth and Ivoryton experienced an earthquake this morning.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 30 of30
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
XXX

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Mar 11, 2008
 
"hello, 911, my house is shaking, oh sorry its just my fat husband passing wind again"
Rotten

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Mar 11, 2008
 
All these natural "disasters" occurring all over this planet. Things are happening that are out of the norn. Is anybody paying attention?? Are you "GETTING IT" yet??
Badger

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Mar 11, 2008
 
No No you're wrong, I am almost positive it was Lisa Moooooody. I am waiting for my copy of the report now. Don't be mean to your husband.
XXX wrote:
"hello, 911, my house is shaking, oh sorry its just my fat husband passing wind again"
John_swampyank

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Mar 11, 2008
 
I vaguely recall that there is a fault line running through Connecticut and that a few years back a geologist made an observation that there appeared to be (what he believed) was evidence of a major quake in the pre-colonial era.
Moodus, of course, had the largest quake way back in 1791. And there is also the prediction of 1999 by some Wesleyan geologists who found evidence of a fault line which indicated earthquakes every 200 years. Varekamp, Thomas and Thompson of Wesleyan found that the last occurance was 200 years ago - and predicted we were due for one relatively soon (in 1999). I think thats an amazing prediction! Geological time being what it is - thats very good.
Badger

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Mar 12, 2008
 
I'm with you...this stuff is facsinating. I also recall hearing that NYC was on a fault around that time.

Also, the front page news about the quake in the Middletown Press today, is close to being 100% in error.
John_swampyank wrote:
I vaguely recall that there is a fault line running through Connecticut and that a few years back a geologist made an observation that there appeared to be (what he believed) was evidence of a major quake in the pre-colonial era.
Moodus, of course, had the largest quake way back in 1791. And there is also the prediction of 1999 by some Wesleyan geologists who found evidence of a fault line which indicated earthquakes every 200 years. Varekamp, Thomas and Thompson of Wesleyan found that the last occurance was 200 years ago - and predicted we were due for one relatively soon (in 1999). I think thats an amazing prediction! Geological time being what it is - thats very good.

Since: Feb 08

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Mar 12, 2008
 
Rotten wrote:
All these natural "disasters" occurring all over this planet. Things are happening that are out of the norn. Is anybody paying attention?? Are you "GETTING IT" yet??
The only disaster around here is you.
Thom in Hadlyme

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Mar 12, 2008
 
Response to CA comment. The east coast is bedrock laden sedimentation and vibrates much more than the subsurface in California. A 2.0 here is equivalent to a quake of much greater magnitude than in California.
Sean

South Windsor, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Mar 12, 2008
 
Headline should have read, "Deep River resident's LL Bean catalog reading interrupted by earthquake. Milk and bread shortage ensues."

Not a lot going on down there these days....
Ms Rotten

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Mar 15, 2008
 
CT Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
The only disaster around here is you.
Hey....CT Citizen...BITE ME!!

I've read your little nasty comments to other people on different topics here. Sounds like you need to get a life. What's the matter....not happy on the farm there in Va?? Get your fat ars out in the field and play with the cows!! hahahaha
That must have been YOU passing through Deep River that day! LOLOL.

Since: Feb 08

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Mar 16, 2008
 
Ms Rotten wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey....CT Citizen...BITE ME!!
I've read your little nasty comments to other people on different topics here. Sounds like you need to get a life. What's the matter....not happy on the farm there in Va?? Get your fat ars out in the field and play with the cows!! hahahaha
That must have been YOU passing through Deep River that day! LOLOL.
You definitely need a clue, because you obviously have NO idea what I look like.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 30 of30
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Deep River Discussions

Search the Deep River Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
All Fired Up: Traveling Roadside Barbecue Jul 8 ForJustice 1
Connecticut News - State, National and Local Ne... (Jun '07) May '14 chris 3
yoga May '14 ava tyler 3
Region 4 Education Budget Approved May '14 Libs Suck 1
yoga May '14 FACT 3
Emily Bjornberg of Lyme Declares Democratic Can... May '14 Westbrook resident 2
CT Who do you support for Governor in Connecticut ... (Oct '10) Apr '14 America Gentleman Samuel 780
•••

Air Quality Alert for Middlesex County was issued at July 22 at 9:55AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Deep River Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Deep River People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Deep River News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Deep River
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••