Irish Breakfast At Deep River's Whist...

Irish Breakfast At Deep River's Whistle Stop Cafe

There are 10 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Mar 12, 2009, titled Irish Breakfast At Deep River's Whistle Stop Cafe. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

The regulars know that a healthy appetite is a pre-requisite for eating at the Whistle Stop Cafe in Deep River, where owner Hedy Watrous aims to see her customers leave well-fed. The atmosphere at this tiny, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

dpriver

United States

#1 Mar 13, 2009
The food is decent, but overall its very overpriced and overrated.
jim fitzpatrick

United States

#4 Mar 17, 2009
Nice job Hedy. The eggs look great and so do you!
Deep River Resident

United States

#5 Jul 11, 2009
dpriver wrote:
The food is decent, but overall its very overpriced and overrated.
I have been a customer of Hedy's for years(about 14) and completly disagree. To say her food is amazing is an understatement. You won't find a place where you can get a meal as fresh and delicious as hers for less than what she
charges. And honastly if you think that the food is so overrated than don't order it.
Deep River Resident

Islamorada, FL

#8 Jul 12, 2009
I think I get out plenty thank you very much.And I wouldn't consider myself "ignorant" after running my own Gourmet French and Italian Resturaunt successfully for 10 years. Please dont complain of things you have no expirience with. Perhaps you should try something other than scrambled eggs next time. Otherwise dont go in.
someone

Deep River, CT

#9 Jul 12, 2009
Wow, you must have flagged my opinion, huh? Seems to be gone. Believe me, I have tried other things there. Just my opinion Sir/Mam. That's what these forums are for, correct?
Sara Roth Kampf

Hartford, CT

#11 Jul 13, 2009
"...Irish Breakfast?..."

Bailey's goes with everything I guess

;)
Pasquale Daly

Deerfield Beach, FL

#12 Jul 13, 2009
Sara Roth Kampf wrote:
"...Irish Breakfast?..."
Bailey's goes with everything I guess
;)
hell yeah it does..have you ever poured it over corned beef... yummm
many years ago

Rogersville, TN

#13 Nov 21, 2009
I remember when Chick Faraci owned it.....
DRR

Meriden, CT

#14 Jan 16, 2010
many years ago wrote:
I remember when Chick Faraci owned it.....
What the hell are you talking about?
sally

Ansonia, CT

#15 Apr 25, 2010
Deep River Resident wrote:
I think I get out plenty thank you very much.And I wouldn't consider myself "ignorant" after running my own Gourmet French and Italian Resturaunt successfully for 10 years. Please dont complain of things you have no expirience with. Perhaps you should try something other than scrambled eggs next time. Otherwise dont go in.
Well i bet your "French and Italian Resturaunt" would not even come close to how well the Whistle stop Cafe makes their coustumers welcome and coumfotable. Who are you to say "dont go in" that place is the best Resturaunt around. Oh and Hedy has been running her Resturaunt Successfully for 17 year beet that. ohh do you need some ice for that burn!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deep River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News State Looking Into Complaints About Essex Business (Jun '08) May '16 Consumer Advocate 44
---a question----- (Apr '15) Nov '15 Craig 3
News Connecticut electrician to appear in 'Shark Tan... (Apr '15) May '15 BPT 4
Andrea Mears (Aug '14) Aug '14 shoff 1
Can I find the obituary of my ancestors ? (Jul '14) Jul '14 luclor97 1
News All Fired Up: Traveling Roadside Barbecue (Jul '14) Jul '14 ForJustice 1
News Connecticut News - State, National and Local Ne... (Jun '07) May '14 chris 3

Deep River Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Deep River Mortgages