Brad Davis To Read Poetry

Brad Davis To Read Poetry

There are 8 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jun 17, 2008, titled Brad Davis To Read Poetry. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Under the directorship of Deep River poet and painter Gray Jacobik, the monthly series intends to demonstrate - in the words of Connecticut's Poet Laureate, John Hollander that "painting is mute poetry and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

the Badger

United States

#1 Jun 20, 2008
Brad Davis reading poetry. This will be good. My, he has come a LONG way.
Jeff H

Hamden, CT

#2 Jun 20, 2008
Could anything be more painfully boring? I'd rather rip my eardrums out with a plastic spork than endure that crap.
the Badger

United States

#3 Jun 21, 2008
Good one! LMAO. Did you make this up? I never heard this one before.

Now, please do me, your family and friends a HUGE favor and please stay away from Deep River on the 26th. Although I would hate to see anyone miss this cultural event, I would much rather you retained your hearing and I am sure your friends and family would agree.
Jeff H wrote:
Could anything be more painfully boring? I'd rather rip my eardrums out with a plastic spork than endure that crap.
jorge

Marion, CT

#4 Jun 21, 2008
a loudmouth reading poetry ... i would rather hear someone read his obit ... i have never been able to listen to him and i go WAY back ...
the Badger

United States

#5 Jun 21, 2008
Same here! I grew up in Hartford. Back in the 60's he was considered a celebrity. Along with Ranger Andy and Happy the Clown. Anyway, this lasted attempt of his to stay in front a any kind of a camera, is a scream. He is nothing but a fat washed up drunk. The last time I saw him, I sat next to him at a boxing match at the Civic Center, in '87, he was COCKED. I am going to this anyway, for entertainment purposes.

I always listened to Cousin Brucie myself.
jorge wrote:
a loudmouth reading poetry ... i would rather hear someone read his obit ... i have never been able to listen to him and i go WAY back ...
Mikey

Fruitland Park, FL

#6 Jul 30, 2008
Brad davis is such a blow hard. I remeber when he did a Bandstand type show and had James Brown on. All through the show he kept metioning "his old friend, James Brown"

After James performance and after Brad Davis interviewed him, again refering to "his old friend. James Brown:, James shook hands with Davis and said "Nice meeting you, Brad"

I don't know if Brad Davis ever knew what a joke he was to the teenagers. We laughed at him.
fedup

United States

#7 Jul 30, 2008
Mikey wrote:
Brad davis is such a blow hard. I remeber when he did a Bandstand type show and had James Brown on. All through the show he kept metioning "his old friend, James Brown"
After James performance and after Brad Davis interviewed him, again refering to "his old friend. James Brown:, James shook hands with Davis and said "Nice meeting you, Brad"
I don't know if Brad Davis ever knew what a joke he was to the teenagers. We laughed at him.
Have you heard him lately? He's become a shill for Rowland and the crooks of the CT-GOP. He was washed up 40 years ago.
the other Brad Davis

Santa Fe, NM

#8 Aug 2, 2008
Ah, the curse of having the same name as a radio personality! Does anyone remember "Drink milk, America's #1 vitality drink"? It's from his Dick Clark wannabe TV bandstand days. Well, I am not he. I am a teacher who has lived in Pomfret, CT, for twenty years and has been writing and publishing poetry for three decades. Maybe I should change my name.... In any case, sorry you didn't do a bit more research; you missed a fine evening of music, art, and poetry in Essex.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deep River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News State Looking Into Complaints About Essex Business (Jun '08) May 5 Consumer Advocate 44
---a question----- (Apr '15) Nov '15 Craig 3
News Connecticut electrician to appear in 'Shark Tan... (Apr '15) May '15 BPT 4
Andrea Mears (Aug '14) Aug '14 shoff 1
Can I find the obituary of my ancestors ? (Jul '14) Jul '14 luclor97 1
News All Fired Up: Traveling Roadside Barbecue (Jul '14) Jul '14 ForJustice 1
News Connecticut News - State, National and Local Ne... (Jun '07) May '14 chris 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Deep River Mortgages