sorry conditions in caldwell county jail

Posted in the Deep Gap Forum

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Nicole

Lenoir, NC

#1 Feb 14, 2011
I recently had to spend some time in county and it was awful. I know that jail is not suppose to be a walk in the park, but they wouldn't even give you toilet paper. It had to be bought off of canteen, and if you ran out, you did without. Another important matter is the food, or so called food that they make you eat there. My dog at home eats better than that. It is nasty and all sorts of diseases are in that jail. The nurse is a nut who must have gotten here nursing degree from Kmart on sale. Lets just say that they make alot of money off of our misery.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#2 Feb 14, 2011
It's deplorable… A bunch of evil bastards!
PublicDefeder

Morganton, NC

#3 Feb 14, 2011
and there should be comfortable beds?...flat screen tv's? Charmin TP and food brought in from Dairy Queen? ITS JAIL!!! it should be worse!!
tonya

United States

#4 Feb 14, 2011
that jail is the top 100 nastiest run jails ive ever visited. it's nasty the food is cooked by an ex meth head floyd haun was the head cook up there. i can only imagine the boogers from his nose he put in peoples food. and it's very un sanitary to have to take a shit and be out of toilet tissue. its dangerous for women because shit can cause urinary tract infectons if you dont wipe good. even heard they dont even give soap out you just shower with water if u have no soap. that jail is filthy and i would give my last dollar to know who to report it too. the jail want tell you who to report them too. but if anyone knows i will certianly make the call and write the letters.and the nurse yea your right she got her licence at sears, she dont know the difference in immodium and tylenol she gave me somebodys seraquel and i slept 3 days thought i was gonna die. that dumb bitch dont need to pass out asprin much less real medication. i heard she gives benadrill and keeps peoples vistirill. she is one dumb ass nurse i just wonder if she even knows how to check off a mar? and if she can take a blood pressure or just guesses. i also know they want give women sanitary napkins when on there periods and the jail has had for over a year now the worst case of scabies and lice any jail in the state has ever had and they want do anything except pour a small amt of regular lotion in a med cup and tell you it's meds for scabies, again if you have the number or imformation on how to report this filthy place please post it and the call will be made tomorrow.jail aint suppose to be a hotel but sanitation should be priority,
PublicDefeder

Morganton, NC

#5 Feb 14, 2011
Dont commit CRIMES!!!! Dont go to JAIL!!!! Not rocket science...jeesh!!!!!

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#6 Feb 14, 2011
It's JAIL.
Roy D

Mooresboro, NC

#7 Feb 14, 2011
It's not supposed to be the Holiday Inn...maybe if more jails were like that less people would commit crimes, this is what you get when you break the law...solution, "DON'T COMMIT CRIMES" problem solved.. or move to a county that has a better star rating..I think they have a review page "The Top 100 nicest jails to visit"!
tonya

United States

#8 Feb 14, 2011
OH F*CK ALL OF YOU RETARDS I GUESS YOUR SHIT DONT EVER STINK EITHER DO IT? BURKE JAIL IS CLEAN AND IS RUN ALOT BETTER THAN CALDWELL. I UNDESTAND JAIL IS JAIL BUT WE HAVE TO PAY TO STAY THERE AND BE THERE.IT IS ABSOLUTELY DISEASE INFECTED AND PEOPLE BRING THIS SHIT HOME TO THERE FAMILY THATS ALL I WAS SAYING SO GO WIPE YOUR ASSES WITH CHARMIN AND EAT YOU A FAT TV DINNER, YOU PEOPLE ARE STUPID AND DONT UNDERSTAND WHERE YOUR TAX MONEY IS GOING AT ALL. JONES IS KEEPING THE MONEY WHILE PEOPLE IN JAIL LAY IN THERE WITH STD'S AND UN TREATED DISEASES! something you morons would'nt know anything about unless you had family there then i bet your ass would raise the roof.

Location hidden

#9 Feb 14, 2011
Again... it's JAIL.

Try to stop breaking the law and you won't have anything to worry about, will you?

If I had family there and they deserved to be there, I would hope it was so bad they'd straighten up and NEVER want to go back.

If you like Burke County jail... if it's the Ritz Carlton of local jails, then by all means, GO over to Burke county and break the law over there! Then, you'll be fine!

My goodness, how deep in the rocks do these people crawl out from????

Location hidden

#10 Feb 14, 2011
By the way, I hope you're not one, but you sound like a greedy welfare wh_re. Get a job. I'm tired of my tax dollars keeping your lazy a_s up.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#11 Feb 14, 2011
tonya wrote:
that jail is the top 100 nastiest run jails ive ever visited. it's nasty the food is cooked by an ex meth head floyd haun was the head cook up there. i can only imagine the boogers from his nose he put in peoples food. and it's very un sanitary to have to take a shit and be out of toilet tissue. its dangerous for women because shit can cause urinary tract infectons if you dont wipe good. even heard they dont even give soap out you just shower with water if u have no soap. that jail is filthy and i would give my last dollar to know who to report it too. the jail want tell you who to report them too. but if anyone knows i will certianly make the call and write the letters.and the nurse yea your right she got her licence at sears, she dont know the difference in immodium and tylenol she gave me somebodys seraquel and i slept 3 days thought i was gonna die. that dumb bitch dont need to pass out asprin much less real medication. i heard she gives benadrill and keeps peoples vistirill. she is one dumb ass nurse i just wonder if she even knows how to check off a mar? and if she can take a blood pressure or just guesses. i also know they want give women sanitary napkins when on there periods and the jail has had for over a year now the worst case of scabies and lice any jail in the state has ever had and they want do anything except pour a small amt of regular lotion in a med cup and tell you it's meds for scabies, again if you have the number or imformation on how to report this filthy place please post it and the call will be made tomorrow.jail aint suppose to be a hotel but sanitation should be priority,
Hate to tell you honey, but scabies and lice is a problem in ALL prisons/jails in the entire country.

Even if they did treat it, you'd probably contract it again because of the situation. Jail is Jail.

Don't do the shit that put ya there in the first place, and then you'll have nothing to complain about.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#12 Feb 14, 2011
Oh and one more thing... you are not supposed to or allowed to have sex in jail, therefore the people with STD's got them before they came to jail. How is that the fault of the jail?

Because you spread your legs and got the clap, and now you wanna blame the jail for that??

You can't die from scabies or lice. You can't die from an STD except HIV/AIDs and that takes years.

So you should focus your energy on getting clean and straightening up your life. Be productive and self-sufficient.

Oh yea and as a nurse, I can tell you that no one wants your god damned Vistaril. Oh and FYI, benadryl is an acceptable substitute for Vistaril when one or the other is not available from the pharmacy. There's a commonality among all the drug addicts, that they always accuse the nurse of not giving them their meds. You are a drug addict, so your brain is not able to process correctly, and the drugs make you paranoid. The nurses don't want your god damn meds.
Shut up

Lenoir, NC

#15 Feb 15, 2011
tonya wrote:
OH F*CK ALL OF YOU RETARDS I GUESS YOUR SHIT DONT EVER STINK EITHER DO IT? BURKE JAIL IS CLEAN AND IS RUN ALOT BETTER THAN CALDWELL. I UNDESTAND JAIL IS JAIL BUT WE HAVE TO PAY TO STAY THERE AND BE THERE.IT IS ABSOLUTELY DISEASE INFECTED AND PEOPLE BRING THIS SHIT HOME TO THERE FAMILY THATS ALL I WAS SAYING SO GO WIPE YOUR ASSES WITH CHARMIN AND EAT YOU A FAT TV DINNER, YOU PEOPLE ARE STUPID AND DONT UNDERSTAND WHERE YOUR TAX MONEY IS GOING AT ALL. JONES IS KEEPING THE MONEY WHILE PEOPLE IN JAIL LAY IN THERE WITH STD'S AND UN TREATED DISEASES! something you morons would'nt know anything about unless you had family there then i bet your ass would raise the roof.
Go jump in a lake you trashy lowlife. If I had family in jail I would say serves them right and to hell with them. Stop breaking the law and you might not see the place so much. How do you think scabies got in there in the first place, some white trash brought them in from the roach infested trailor they lived in before they got locked up. You probably get friggin welfare too dont you. Im so sick of you trashy jailbirds using my tax money to do whatever and expect to be treated like a human being to boot. You dont demand shit from me or my tax money, stay out of jail and do something besides making more welfare babies and using drugs.
Angelo

Lenoir, NC

#16 Feb 15, 2011
I hope jail conditions ARE less than great! After all, it's JAIL... incarceration and PUNISHMENT for having committed crimes against the productive people in society!

Get a job. Do something productive with yourself. Lay off the drugs. Stop being a criminal. Then, maybe you could actually keep yourself up and have a nice place of your own and stop talking about jail as if it's your vacation home that we're all supposed to pay for to keep nice for you.

It's a jail cell. Becoming a habitual CRIMINAL and bitching about your jail digs is what's deplorable!!
Angelo

Lenoir, NC

#17 Feb 15, 2011
Shut up wrote:
<quoted text>Go jump in a lake you trashy lowlife. If I had family in jail I would say serves them right and to hell with them. Stop breaking the law and you might not see the place so much. How do you think scabies got in there in the first place, some white trash brought them in from the roach infested trailor they lived in before they got locked up. You probably get friggin welfare too dont you. Im so sick of you trashy jailbirds using my tax money to do whatever and expect to be treated like a human being to boot. You dont demand shit from me or my tax money, stay out of jail and do something besides making more welfare babies and using drugs.
To hell with them? Family? Really?

That's sad.
Shut up

Lenoir, NC

#18 Feb 15, 2011
Angelo wrote:
<quoted text>
To hell with them? Family? Really?
That's sad.
I refuse to have a double standered. I wont tell someone else to pay for their crimes if I think my own family is exempt. I didnt say I wouldnt try to help them but I would have exhausted all options Im sure before it came to this. It's their own choice in most cases to do what they do.
LenoirGal

Lenoir, NC

#19 Feb 15, 2011
HAHAHA you are a joke! Do you really think people care about how bad your jail experience was? NO! It's not anyone else's fault you were in there. WTF? Be a responsible citizen of this county like the rest of us and you won't have anything to worry about! Jackass! I think every jail and prison in this country should be bad. Maybe then people would want to stay OUT, instead of running around like damn idiots committing crimes whenever they want. Do you think you should be able to break the law, interfere with other people's rights, and then go have a nice room, 3 course meals and a clean toilet? Screw yourself you piece of trash.
Semore Butts

Greenville, SC

#20 Feb 15, 2011
tonya wrote:
So, what have you been doing to get this first hand experience of all the local jail facilities? Whatever it is, you better stop, or it will only get worse. The scabies (if any) would not exist if some of nasty ass inmates would shower regularly. The conditions are not as bad as you make it sound. BTW, family in 25 block, so I know.
PublicDefender

Morganton, NC

#21 Feb 15, 2011
Ahhhhh...I can smell the tax dollars burning now!!!! makes you feel good when someone like this can complain about JAIL.....pathetic!!!!!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#22 Feb 15, 2011
I got myself thrown in there for 10 days. I didn't have to go, but thought it would be a great social experiment. I highly recommend that anyone who would defend that place to just go there for a week and then report back to this thread. I have already commented on other threads about what is going on in that place. The bottom line is that the unethical manner in which people are being treated is just as criminal as some of the crimes for which they're being detained for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deep Gap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shooting thread disappears 14 min Usualreason 5
A Serious Look at Immigration 17 min Pres Trumpage 152
2 cases of Voter Fraud out of 35 MILLION VOTES 20 min Newspaper TP 22
News Man accused of sex with boy 1 hr Scout master and ... 8
Boy Scouts 1 hr Troop 69 7
GOP's Favorability Rating Plummets 2 hr Pillow for 8 23
University of Cincinnati police officer indicte... 2 hr DID is bad 33
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Deep Gap Mortgages