Murder victim, accused killer made fo...

Murder victim, accused killer made for odd couple

There are 42 comments on the Lenoir News-Topic story from Feb 8, 2013, titled Murder victim, accused killer made for odd couple. In it, Lenoir News-Topic reports that:

Wade Michael Taylor was slightly built, soft-spoken and generous to a fault. Cory Vanover was loud and brash, and he bragged about being a killer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lenoir News-Topic.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Jan 13

Lenoir, NC

#1 Feb 8, 2013
He knew what he done was wrong and I hope they give him what he deserves. Life in prison.
Heather

Lenoir, NC

#2 Feb 8, 2013
Maybe he did maybe he didn't who knows for sure? Before the family had the link deleted I saw the picture of the guy that got killed and he looked very scary I'm sure drugs and alcohol were involved in this. One thing for sure our streets are safer now without these two predators on them!
Hmmm

Julian, NC

#3 Feb 8, 2013
Heather wrote:
Maybe he did maybe he didn't who knows for sure? Before the family had the link deleted I saw the picture of the guy that got killed and he looked very scary I'm sure drugs and alcohol were involved in this. One thing for sure our streets are safer now without these two predators on them!
"One thing for sure our streets are safer now without these two predators on them!"

Cory Vanover had many convictions and several upcoming court appearances for other charges that had not been before a judge yet.
I may be wrong but I can't find any priors on Mr. Taylor. According to statements from everyone in the media, I hardly think Mr. Taylor was a "predator".
jessica

Hickory, NC

#4 Feb 8, 2013
Micheal the so called homeless person was my best man at my wedding and he was such a great person he owns a home in Lenoir with his cousin but his cousin is an ass who kicked him out so he got a tent from Lenoir police and he was staying behind the mall sometimes. I TALKED WITH HIM EVERYDAY HE DID NOT DO DRUGS BUT WEED AND THaT was REARLY AND HE DID DRINK BUT HE IS THE TYPE OF PERSON IF U NEED ANYTHING HE WILL FIND a way to get it for u or help u out in anyway he can. I live far away but he walked from lenoir to 4 counties over all night to help me get tires for my car. The picture they have of him is the worst picture ever of him. I have given mike and corey a ride before and they got along great but if i would have known he wouldnt of been in my car but didnt seem like that typre of person. If mike had known he would not have been around him at all every mike is not confrontational if he even thinks he is getting on your nerves or bothering u he will say he has got somewhere else to be just so he don't start a fight. he has lived w me and my family. I know Corey has several charges and i hope he gets raped everyday in jail i hope he gets life and a day no parole ever he has no remorse and Michael is the greatest person i know who believed in church and god and blessed everyone and treated them like it was there last day on earth not his so fuck yall if i hear one more bad word and for your information mike did not make no advances at the child rapist Corey. Michael had bite marks on him he used his fist until the funeral people could not do facial recognition he was so beat up so one of my best friends Ive known for 15 years suffered for 23 hours before anyone found him and the killer waited and changed clothes and then told police he found the body so it wouldn't look like he was the one who done it. Michael would of gave him the clothes off his back if the bastard wanted them and as far as im concerned i hope his family goes thru hell if i ever see them out or if he ever gets out there are alot of people pissed about killing our friend and lieing and the sexual advances so he better pray he stays in jail.
Just sayin

Clayton, NC

#5 Feb 8, 2013
I understand about being upset at how your friend died but I can't for the life of me understand why you would want the killers family to go thru hell and mouth off about people being upset so his family better be careful ( thats what you insinuated with your comment "i hope his family goes thru hell if i ever see them out" ). Really , it was not his family that did anything to the guy . I suppose you think it would be ok to hold YOU responsibile for every single thing that someone in your family did ??? I don't think so . Take this guy that did this and take your rage out on him . I am sick of hearing people babble non sense about peoples upbringing being why they do something and so on . Each and every person has a choice and makes a choice to do what they do . End of story . Its no more his familys fault than it is mine or yours fault . And before anyone says it , no , I am not related in any way shape or form to this guy who did this , just blown away at how someone can jump on the old " Oh , him and his family BS are responsible for this . Him , Yes . His family , no . I'm sure some people in my and your family has pissed someone off aplenty at some time . I don't know about you but anyone that wants to take up something with me about something a family member did will find themselves in the road pretty quick . Thats all folks !
Heather

Lenoir, NC

#6 Feb 8, 2013
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
"One thing for sure our streets are safer now without these two predators on them!"
Cory Vanover had many convictions and several upcoming court appearances for other charges that had not been before a judge yet.
I may be wrong but I can't find any priors on Mr. Taylor. According to statements from everyone in the media, I hardly think Mr. Taylor was a "predator".
Hmmmmm.......Did you even read the article??? He was panhandling for money that he evidently didn't even need because according to the article he gave it away (which I seriously doubt). Do you honestly want nasty looking people running up to you begging for money because they are too lazy to work??? It scares me too death as I have two children with me almost all the time and I feel unsafe and don't like it at all.
Heather

Lenoir, NC

#7 Feb 8, 2013
jessica wrote:
Micheal the so called homeless person was my best man at my wedding and he was such a great person he owns a home in Lenoir with his cousin but his cousin is an ass who kicked him out so he got a tent from Lenoir police and he was staying behind the mall sometimes. I TALKED WITH HIM EVERYDAY HE DID NOT DO DRUGS BUT WEED AND THaT was REARLY AND HE DID DRINK BUT HE IS THE TYPE OF PERSON IF U NEED ANYTHING HE WILL FIND a way to get it for u or help u out in anyway he can. I live far away but he walked from lenoir to 4 counties over all night to help me get tires for my car. The picture they have of him is the worst picture ever of him. I have given mike and corey a ride before and they got along great but if i would have known he wouldnt of been in my car but didnt seem like that typre of person. If mike had known he would not have been around him at all every mike is not confrontational if he even thinks he is getting on your nerves or bothering u he will say he has got somewhere else to be just so he don't start a fight. he has lived w me and my family. I know Corey has several charges and i hope he gets raped everyday in jail i hope he gets life and a day no parole ever he has no remorse and Michael is the greatest person i know who believed in church and god and blessed everyone and treated them like it was there last day on earth not his so fuck yall if i hear one more bad word and for your information mike did not make no advances at the child rapist Corey. Michael had bite marks on him he used his fist until the funeral people could not do facial recognition he was so beat up so one of my best friends Ive known for 15 years suffered for 23 hours before anyone found him and the killer waited and changed clothes and then told police he found the body so it wouldn't look like he was the one who done it. Michael would of gave him the clothes off his back if the bastard wanted them and as far as im concerned i hope his family goes thru hell if i ever see them out or if he ever gets out there are alot of people pissed about killing our friend and lieing and the sexual advances so he better pray he stays in jail.
Your post speaks volumes about you and your family. Enough said
Hmmmmm

Lenoir, NC

#8 Feb 8, 2013
Heather, do you believe everything you hear... From the media none-the-less? One question for you, did Michael EVER come to YOU "begging" for money? If your answer is "no", then maybe you should keep your comments to a minimal since you and your family are obviously all saints and would never do anything that other people and the world wouldn't approve of, some people call it "keeping up with the Jones's". I have walked the streets of Lenoir many days, as my job requires it and I can truly say that I have been approached more in the parking lot of WalMart than I ever have in uptown Lenoir... I can't ever recall being approached by someone wanting money anywhere in Lenoir but Walmart. There's a thing some people are blessed with and it's called "kindness". You can find that word in the dictionary for more understanding, that is if you can pry yourself from this Lenoir forum long enough to look it up. In closing, I will answer your question to me "Do you honestly want nasty looking people running up to you begging for money because they are too lazy to work??? " I don't mind helping someone out by giving them a meal or a few dollars... I know society (and people like you) perceives them as all "drunks and all they do with the money is buy themselves another drink or hit", but my actions of "kindness" are done with good intentions and believe it or not, not all of those people are the way society (and you) think they are. If someone has a need that is needed enough to reach out for help or even beg, I am proud to be able to help. I'm not saying that I give them every dollar I have, but it honestly makes me feel better that I may be "that one person" that can make a difference in someone's life that is less fortunate than me. I also have 2 children, it's my responsibility as their mother to set the standard and show them that even though we don't have more or as much as others, there are people out there that have less than us. There's no "shame" in that, if it doesn't make you feel good about yourself then maybe you need a reality check. Not everyone has rich parents that can take care of their children till they are 40 and shelter them from this cruel world. Most parents have to work and can't have their kids with them "almost all the time". Everyone has to start somewhere, and in case you didn't know, some people fall down while trying.... It's whether they get back up and try it again that matters!
Heather wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmmmm.......Did you even read the article??? He was panhandling for money that he evidently didn't even need because according to the article he gave it away (which I seriously doubt). Do you honestly want nasty looking people running up to you begging for money because they are too lazy to work??? It scares me too death as I have two children with me almost all the time and I feel unsafe and don't like it at all.
Close Friend OF Michael

Lenoir, NC

#9 Feb 8, 2013
Hmmmmm wrote:
Heather, do you believe everything you hear... From the media none-the-less? One question for you, did Michael EVER come to YOU "begging" for money? If your answer is "no", then maybe you should keep your comments to a minimal since you and your family are obviously all saints and would never do anything that other people and the world wouldn't approve of, some people call it "keeping up with the Jones's". I have walked the streets of Lenoir many days, as my job requires it and I can truly say that I have been approached more in the parking lot of WalMart than I ever have in uptown Lenoir... I can't ever recall being approached by someone wanting money anywhere in Lenoir but Walmart. There's a thing some people are blessed with and it's called "kindness". You can find that word in the dictionary for more understanding, that is if you can pry yourself from this Lenoir forum long enough to look it up. In closing, I will answer your question to me "Do you honestly want nasty looking people running up to you begging for money because they are too lazy to work??? " I don't mind helping someone out by giving them a meal or a few dollars... I know society (and people like you) perceives them as all "drunks and all they do with the money is buy themselves another drink or hit", but my actions of "kindness" are done with good intentions and believe it or not, not all of those people are the way society (and you) think they are. If someone has a need that is needed enough to reach out for help or even beg, I am proud to be able to help. I'm not saying that I give them every dollar I have, but it honestly makes me feel better that I may be "that one person" that can make a difference in someone's life that is less fortunate than me. I also have 2 children, it's my responsibility as their mother to set the standard and show them that even though we don't have more or as much as others, there are people out there that have less than us. There's no "shame" in that, if it doesn't make you feel good about yourself then maybe you need a reality check. Not everyone has rich parents that can take care of their children till they are 40 and shelter them from this cruel world. Most parents have to work and can't have their kids with them "almost all the time". Everyone has to start somewhere, and in case you didn't know, some people fall down while trying.... It's whether they get back up and try it again that matters!
<quoted text>
Thank you very well said.
Close Friend OF Michael

Lenoir, NC

#10 Feb 8, 2013
Heather wrote:
<quoted text>
First let me tell you,that I knew Michael personally.Yes he did in fact give the money he "panhandled" to a friend of his to buy medicine for his friends sick child,that is the kind of person he
was.The picture that the News topic used is not the true Michael,he didn't have to be staying in a tent,he had many many friends he could have stayed with,he just had too much pride to let his friends know that he was that down on his luck.If I had known Michael was staying in a tent,I would have went there personally and brought him home,yes home because Michael always knew that my home was his home.I have known Michael since he was in the 6th grade.He has lived off and on with my family for years(he was always treated and considered family).Michael didn't have many material things,but what he had if someone else needed it,it was theirs.I can say on Michael's behalf that this was NOT a sexual or a drug thing.And I hope that the two children that you have with you most of the time,have an adult in their lives that can teach them some compassion,because you don't seem to know what that is.I also hope someone teaches them NOT to look down on people less fortunate than they are.I also hope you never get down on you'r luck,because I don't know how those two children would survive.I can see that you are probably one person that would turn Jesus away from a warm bed and hot meal.I can honestly say Michael would have given Jesus his last piece of bread and shared his tent with him.He knew and loved God.So please do yourself a favor,don't come on here pretending to know what happened or why it happened,it only speaks VOLUMES about you.The true facts of this horrific murder have not been told.I can only pray that nothing like this ever happens to anyone you care about.I for one am very very honored to have know Michael.I am proud to say that he touched my heart and so many more.I pray that justice will be served,but of course or judicial system is as shallow as the people pretending to know something about nothing. R.I.P Michael Taylor,I love and miss you and you will never be forgotten.Heather,if you can take the time away from looking down on people and talking trash about them,visit Michael's memorial page.Not ALL of the people that have liked and posted on that page can be a bad judge of character.http://www.facebook. com/pages/In-Loving-Memory-Of- Michael-Taylor/478768728826319 ?ref=stream
praying

Abingdon, VA

#11 Feb 8, 2013
Nobody deserves to be beat to death. I pray that justice will be served for Michael. Never think that you are better than anyone cause we all could be down on our luck one of these days. I would never let someone go hungry. No matter what they looked like.Be careful how you treat people they may be angels in disguise. RIP Michael!
Heather

Lenoir, NC

#12 Feb 8, 2013
Hmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
Again did you even read the article? Randy "Price doesn't understand why someone would hurt a person like Taylor, who once had accumulated $40 from panhandling but gave it to someone else who needed money." He also in the article relates how the guy had a drinking problem and that he didn't want him around his daughter, so I guess I'm not the only one that feels this way about their children. That was supposedly his best friend Randy Price that said these things not the media. Maybe you're the one that needs a "reality check" or a course in reading comprehension, because as long as they can panhandle and make money there is no reason to quit drinking and get a job. Have you ever thought that instead of helping them all you are doing is enabling them to live this way forever? Or do you even think at all? I don't really care what you think about me, but I never have nor ever will feel safe when one of these drunken dregs of humanity approach me and my two children. You people are all the same when someone gets killed they automatically were a saint that fell between the cracks. I call BS the guy chose this way of life and his family and so called friends didn't give two sh*ts about him until it was too late and he was dead.
Heather

Lenoir, NC

#13 Feb 8, 2013
Close Friend OF Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
First let me tell you,that I knew Michael personally.Yes he did in fact give the money he "panhandled" to a friend of his to buy medicine for his friends sick child,that is the kind of person he
was.The picture that the News topic used is not the true Michael,he didn't have to be staying in a tent,he had many many friends he could have stayed with,he just had too much pride to let his friends know that he was that down on his luck.If I had known Michael was staying in a tent,I would have went there personally and brought him home,yes home because Michael always knew that my home was his home.I have known Michael since he was in the 6th grade.He has lived off and on with my family for years(he was always treated and considered family).Michael didn't have many material things,but what he had if someone else needed it,it was theirs.I can say on Michael's behalf that this was NOT a sexual or a drug thing.And I hope that the two children that you have with you most of the time,have an adult in their lives that can teach them some compassion,because you don't seem to know what that is.I also hope someone teaches them NOT to look down on people less fortunate than they are.I also hope you never get down on you'r luck,because I don't know how those two children would survive.I can see that you are probably one person that would turn Jesus away from a warm bed and hot meal.I can honestly say Michael would have given Jesus his last piece of bread and shared his tent with him.He knew and loved God.So please do yourself a favor,don't come on here pretending to know what happened or why it happened,it only speaks VOLUMES about you.The true facts of this horrific murder have not been told.I can only pray that nothing like this ever happens to anyone you care about.I for one am very very honored to have know Michael.I am proud to say that he touched my heart and so many more.I pray that justice will be served,but of course or judicial system is as shallow as the people pretending to know something about nothing. R.I.P Michael Taylor,I love and miss you and you will never be forgotten.Heather,if you can take the time away from looking down on people and talking trash about them,visit Michael's memorial page.Not ALL of the people that have liked and posted on that page can be a bad judge of character.http://www.facebook. com/pages/In-Loving-Memory-Of- Michael-Taylor/478768728826319 ?ref=stream
Who's looking down? Hummm.... looks like YOU are the one looking down on me. I don't really care what you think though because I do have compassion. I don't have compassion though for anyone who chooses to be down as you call it. This guy was what 28? He chose to be a drunk. By his supposedly best friends own admission he chose to get drunk knowing he couldn't stay there if he did. That's not being down on your luck that's being an idiot that valued partying it up more than he did about anything else. What did he expect life on the streets would be a nice warm place filled with honest friends hot meals and a comfy bed? That it would be a place where all the Unicorns played and that it would be sprinkled with magic dust and a touch of little children's laughter? The guy chose to be what he was, I'm sure he never thought that it would end the way it did but I'm also sure he knew it could happen but he still chose to sleep in the woods and drink his life away instead of sobering up and getting and keeping a roof over his head.
Close Friend OF Michael

Lenoir, NC

#14 Feb 8, 2013
Heather wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's looking down? Hummm.... looks like YOU are the one looking down on me. I don't really care what you think though because I do have compassion. I don't have compassion though for anyone who chooses to be down as you call it. This guy was what 28? He chose to be a drunk. By his supposedly best friends own admission he chose to get drunk knowing he couldn't stay there if he did. That's not being down on your luck that's being an idiot that valued partying it up more than he did about anything else. What did he expect life on the streets would be a nice warm place filled with honest friends hot meals and a comfy bed? That it would be a place where all the Unicorns played and that it would be sprinkled with magic dust and a touch of little children's laughter? The guy chose to be what he was, I'm sure he never thought that it would end the way it did but I'm also sure he knew it could happen but he still chose to sleep in the woods and drink his life away instead of sobering up and getting and keeping a roof over his head.
I'm not looking down on you,I'm pitying you.And you know nothing about alcoholism,if you did you would know it's not a choice.It's a disease.So keep showing you'r ignorance.It shows real VOLUME.
Heather

Lenoir, NC

#15 Feb 8, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm not looking down on you,I'm pitying you.And you know nothing about alcoholism,if you did you would know it's not a choice.It's a disease.So keep showing you'r ignorance.It shows real VOLUME.
Diseases have CURES it's a choice when you don't seek the cure because you like being sick more than you would like to get better. You're the one speaking Volumes when you have to use my phrases. Here's one for ya assclown if you aren't familiar with it just hav a little look see in the mirror. If you were such a "Close Friend OF Michael" why didn't you help him on the "coldest night of the year" instead of coming on here and trying to act like he was a saint after he is dead? You let your "close friend" die on the coldest night of the year in the woods because you didn't give two shits then but that's alright because you do now!!! Wow now that's some real big time "Close Friend" right there. Am I speaking VOLUMES now assclown?
Mike tee

Enfield, IL

#16 Feb 8, 2013
This is for heather and all the other lil bitchs on here tryin to act like they are so smart first of all u have no place to sit here and judge people u dont even know u all act like your so good and perfect but tomorrow is not guaranteed for me u or anyone else so go ahead and judge mike for all u know he was a drunk but thats all u know is what the pappers and news says u didnt know michael and if u did u would not be saying this I hope one of these day u or your kids fall on sum bad luck then u will see how real life is so u all can sit behind your computers and judge but the only judge that matters is the good lord above so go ahead and judge one of these days u will be the ones judged.......
Heather

Lenoir, NC

#17 Feb 8, 2013
Mike tee wrote:
This is for heather and all the other lil bitchs on here tryin to act like they are so smart first of all u have no place to sit here and judge people u dont even know u all act like your so good and perfect but tomorrow is not guaranteed for me u or anyone else so go ahead and judge mike for all u know he was a drunk but thats all u know is what the pappers and news says u didnt know michael and if u did u would not be saying this I hope one of these day u or your kids fall on sum bad luck then u will see how real life is so u all can sit behind your computers and judge but the only judge that matters is the good lord above so go ahead and judge one of these days u will be the ones judged.......
You start out by calling people names that you can't even spell "lil bitchs" and then proceed hope something happens to me or my kids. Then you turn around and accuse others of judging!!! Then you have the unmitigated gall to talk about the "good lord above" in the same post!!! Wow you've got to be about the biggest and stupidest hypocrite there ever was. Are you one of the family and friends that were bragging on Facebook about going on the drinking binge in his honor after the funeral??? You need to put down the "miller high life of course and wild turkey" big boy because evidently it's eaten over half of your pea brain!!! Just keep posting you all because the picture is getting clearer and clearer!!!
Close Friend OF Michael

Lenoir, NC

#18 Feb 9, 2013
Heather wrote:
<quoted text>
Diseases have CURES it's a choice when you don't seek the cure because you like being sick more than you would like to get better. You're the one speaking Volumes when you have to use my phrases. Here's one for ya assclown if you aren't familiar with it just hav a little look see in the mirror. If you were such a "Close Friend OF Michael" why didn't you help him on the "coldest night of the year" instead of coming on here and trying to act like he was a saint after he is dead? You let your "close friend" die on the coldest night of the year in the woods because you didn't give two shits then but that's alright because you do now!!! Wow now that's some real big time "Close Friend" right there. Am I speaking VOLUMES now assclown?
I'm sorry I hurt you'r feelings when I called you stupid.I really thought you already knew you were.You should seek the cure for that.R.I.P. Mike
good grief

Lenoir, NC

#19 Feb 9, 2013
<quoted text>
I'm sorry I hurt you'r feelings when I called you stupid.I really thought you already knew you were.You should seek the cure for that.R.I.P. Mike
So you feel that coming here and bashing others in the name of the lord is Michael would want you to do?
It's a pity that Michael only had friends like you.
Poor kid never had a chance.
just me

New Bern, NC

#20 Feb 9, 2013
Miss Heather... Do you really feel a need to get on here and bash someone who died.... regardless of whether he lived his life as perfect as you or not? Do this make you really feel better about who you are? Do you honestly think just because he may have not been perfect, that you have the right to judge? Or that he was not worthy of having some friends? I care about people but I can not take care of everyone.. but I do have feelings for anyone that needs help. I think you should just walk away.. after all It is really none of your business... It does not affect you or your family..You obviously did not know either person...
so please be decent about the way you treat other people.... thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deep Gap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump & Jeb! In twitter war, over who loved... 5 hr Slippery Pete 5
Huckabee to meet with Kim Davis. 12 hr Meating scheduled 4
"Heaven or Hell Clerk's Case" 12 hr Backdoor Boys2 32
Never piss off OBAMA!!!!!!! 12 hr Harry Snake 4
julie and shane hilton (Jan '14) 12 hr GenitaliaCity 24
Police Officer lied about being shot at. 12 hr Arrest him 3
Trump to outsource foreign policy. 12 hr Poop servers 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Deep Gap Mortgages