Aggravated

Charlotte, NC

#1 Jan 11, 2013
I just want to let everyone know that I am very disgusted with Grease Monkey in Lenoir! Even after getting a brake shop to fix my brakes, they would not pass my car for inspection. He said my emergency brakes did not stick well enough even after being adjusted by the brake shop. Do not take a car there unless it is beyond perfect because they will find something wrong with it.
TDR

Lenoir, NC

#2 Jan 11, 2013
Did they tell you that you needed the wallet flush and the bank account cleaning?
Ridiculous

Charlotte, NC

#3 Jan 11, 2013
TDR wrote:
Did they tell you that you needed the wallet flush and the bank account cleaning?
Yep, that was about right! I have learned my lesson! Never again! I just hope by posting on here I can keep someone else from making the same mistake I made.
victim

Lenoir, NC

#4 Jan 11, 2013
Aggravated wrote:
I just want to let everyone know that I am very disgusted with Grease Monkey in Lenoir! Even after getting a brake shop to fix my brakes, they would not pass my car for inspection. He said my emergency brakes did not stick well enough even after being adjusted by the brake shop. Do not take a car there unless it is beyond perfect because they will find something wrong with it.
Unfotunately, years ago the thieves of grease monkey in Lenoir got me as well like they did to you. But they ate once and never again ! They should be law suited for being damn liars.
Ridiculous

Charlotte, NC

#5 Jan 12, 2013
I keep hearing from more people how bad their service is! I just didn't realize how bad!!!!
seriously

Granite Falls, NC

#6 Jan 12, 2013
Never, ever take your car there. The majority of their workers know less about your car than you. The "one" time i went there to ask about changing oil in one of my vehicles. They tried to put 1.5 qts too much oil in my vehicle and wanted to charge $60. I changed it myself for $18 + 15 min of my time.
lady

Morganton, NC

#7 Jan 12, 2013
The one in Granite Falls Is good,has been to me and my mom ,but we only go there for inspection and oil change for her ,I've been thre a few times ,but I take all my vehicles to alray tire in Valdese they do a great job,I've been going there for 20 some years.But as I was saying I tsake mome to grease monkey in granite and the guys there have always done a good job,never went to the one in Lenoir.but as far as my brakes I wouldn't dare go there for tht.sorry you were treated wrong there.
Ridiculous

Belmont, NC

#8 Jan 14, 2013
Well, I finally got my car inspected and my tag current. I had to go to another station to get it inspected/passed! I hope I can spread the word and save others from going though what I have! Grease Monkey of Lenoir is the worst!
Lenoir

Lincolnton, NC

#9 Jan 16, 2013
How about a set of wipers for 25 bucks that came from Walmart for 9 bucks
Ridiculous

York, SC

#10 Jan 19, 2013
Haha, they forget to turn off the maintenance light after my oil change!!!!
Sally

Rutherfordton, NC

#11 Jan 19, 2013
Go to Rainey's Automotive.
OhhhhhhhImMad

Lenoir, NC

#12 Jan 28, 2013
Aggravated wrote:
OMG!!!!!!!!!! The exact thing happened to me today!!! With emergency brakes!!!
I agree

Greenville, SC

#13 Jan 29, 2013
I have been there a few times and they always tell me I need a new air filter or wiper blades or something to make some money off of me. Go to Cajahs Mountain quick lube, they seem to be honest and do a good job
Got screwed

Maiden, NC

#14 Feb 5, 2013
I got an oil change and air filter $80. never agian
gear head

Lenoir, NC

#15 Feb 5, 2013
Got screwed wrote:
I got an oil change and air filter $80. never agian
HOLY COW WTF. Did you not ask the price before allowing them to service it for you? I changed the oil and filter in my truck last week, I bought five quarts of oil, a new air filter and a new oil filter. The price of all that was around 35$ and I did it on the spur of the moment not shopping around for deals on the stuff like I usually do. Sure my time is worth money but you have to look at it like this, you will be sitting and wasting time waiting for someone else to do it anyways and I like doing it myself. I understand some people (elderly and those with no mechanical knowledge) need some one else to do it but it is very simple and almost anyone can do it, you really need very little mechanical knowledge at all.

I know how these places operate and they are a complete ripoff, I worked in one as a teenager long ago. Most of the guys are stoned or just stupid as we replaced many a engine because they forgot to put oil back in or left the drain plug out. They try to sell you very overpriced lights, wipers and other crap you can get half priced anywhere else. Stuff like nitrogen air for you tires and oil additives are made for suckers and they love it.

You can ask for whatever oil brand you want but they only put the cheapest brand they buy in bulk in your car. They never check grease fittings or differential oil levels. In many cases if the oil filter is in a bad place they will just wipe if off and make it look like they changed it, put a mark in an inconspicuous place on it and test it.
gear head

Lenoir, NC

#16 Feb 5, 2013
My best advice if you absolutely cant or dont want to change it yourself is go to your dealership of the car/truck brand you own. People will say they are high and yes they are when it comes to major repairs BUT they usually offer deals every few months on minor maintenance like oil changes.

Once you go to the dealer they will then start sending you coupons and discounts for oil changes... at least I know Ford does. If I dont have time to do it I go to the Ford dealer and they usually charge about 25$ for an oil, filter and lube job plus they check the vehicle for any other problems at no cost then give you a print out.

The good thing is they will stand behind it and they are factory trained and backed.

Just some info that I hope will save someone some money down the road.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deep Gap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TRUMP for President 3 hr Katie1304 95
New to town 4 hr Katie1304 1
2 cases of Voter Fraud out of 35 MILLION VOTES 19 hr Stink toes 30
A Serious Look at Immigration 19 hr Trumped 161
Obama jokes. 19 hr White Garden House 15
News 'Mountain Men': 5 things about Eustace Conway w... 21 hr jeb 2
New Ebola, vaccine 100% effective. Fri Ogungabola 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Deep Gap Mortgages