First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Future

United States

#1 Mar 18, 2013
A new Sheriff is coming to town Caldwell County.
cant wait

Lenoir, NC

#2 Mar 18, 2013
He will be making it official soon I hope and we can get busy preparing for the coming battle ahead. A great person and a very professional law enforcement officer, he is what that office needs and what the citizens of the county deserve.
change

Newland, NC

#3 Mar 18, 2013
cant wait wrote:
He will be making it official soon I hope and we can get busy preparing for the coming battle ahead. A great person and a very professional law enforcement officer, he is what that office needs and what the citizens of the county deserve.
Glad he is running, he will do a great job. Will be interesting considering the great amount of support he has gained already from the law enforcement community and the general public before making an official announcement. Once that public announcement is made I know the support will be amazing.
ghost deputy

Lenoir, NC

#4 Mar 18, 2013
change wrote:
<quoted text>
Glad he is running, he will do a great job. Will be interesting considering the great amount of support he has gained already from the law enforcement community and the general public before making an official announcement. Once that public announcement is made I know the support will be amazing.
It really is amazing at the amount of support already and its more than most people know. I can only imagine what it will be like when the campaign goes full throttle, just goes to show how much people are wanting a change. I have yet to find one person that I have talked to that isn't excited be it civilian or Law Enforcement... well with the exception of the Jones inner circle but I dont speak with them lol, I hear they are very nervous and worried already.

I have known Lance for a long time and I can honestly say without a doubt that he is a true stand up guy and I dare anyone to find something negative about him. When it comes to morals and integrity you would be hard pressed to find anyone with more than him. He is a family man and a man of God. One thing is certain... there will be NO corruption on his watch.
change

Newland, NC

#5 Mar 18, 2013
ghost deputy wrote:
<quoted text>It really is amazing at the amount of support already and its more than most people know. I can only imagine what it will be like when the campaign goes full throttle, just goes to show how much people are wanting a change. I have yet to find one person that I have talked to that isn't excited be it civilian or Law Enforcement... well with the exception of the Jones inner circle but I dont speak with them lol, I hear they are very nervous and worried already.

I have known Lance for a long time and I can honestly say without a doubt that he is a true stand up guy and I dare anyone to find something negative about him. When it comes to morals and integrity you would be hard pressed to find anyone with more than him. He is a family man and a man of God. One thing is certain... there will be NO corruption on his watch.
I am totally surprised by the volume of law enforcement support for Wilson. He truly has the respect and support of the LE community. That fact alone shows what a respectable and qualified person he is.
Pike Bishop

United States

#6 Mar 18, 2013
I am interested, tell more about his experience, service record, personal infor and party affiliation if any.I have never met or heard of him, bt am willing to learn more.
change

Morrison, TN

#7 Mar 18, 2013
ghost deputy wrote:
<quoted text>It really is amazing at the amount of support already and its more than most people know. I can only imagine what it will be like when the campaign goes full throttle, just goes to show how much people are wanting a change. I have yet to find one person that I have talked to that isn't excited be it civilian or Law Enforcement... well with the exception of the Jones inner circle but I dont speak with them lol, I hear they are very nervous and worried already.

Prior to the election I would like to see the candidates take questions from a public forum. Transparency I feel is one area the public is lacking not only from the sheriffs dept but other county depts as well. I for one would like to know where my tax dollars are being spent and what are we truly getting in return.
ghost deputy

Lenoir, NC

#8 Mar 18, 2013
Pike Bishop wrote:
I am interested, tell more about his experience, service record, personal infor and party affiliation if any.I have never met or heard of him, bt am willing to learn more.
I have known him for a while and he was a Deputy at Caldwell under Clark prior to joining the NC Highway Patrol. I remember when he was at CCSO he was the traffic enforcement/drug interdiction officer. He was part of the project that was started then to cross swear officers and stop drug trafficking along the 321/I 40 corridor. He was pretty instrumental in that project and obtaining the Mustang for it as I recall... the same grant that Jones lost for misusing the funds, now the Mustang is basically a Lieutenants personal "SRO" ride.

He has taught the Physical Fitness "PT" part of BLET for a long time and he also teaches I believe at the SHP basic academy along with his normal duties at the patrol. I know he likes to run and he has taken part in many charity marathons for various LEO sponsored charities such as the torch run for Special Olympics. He heads up the Cops for Christ Ministry and preaches at many local churches in the community.

As far as political affiliation he will be running in the Republican Primary but he is all about bringing people together from all parties. He is about unity and doing whats right regardless of any differences. Now granted this is isnt all their is to Lance and I could set here and tell you all day long about what I think of the man, all I am saying is wait until you meet the man and you will know what I am talking about. These are just things that I remember of the top of my head, he will be putting out a list (official) of all these things you ask soon so just stay tuned, you wont be disappointed.
ghost deputy

Lenoir, NC

#9 Mar 18, 2013
change wrote:
<quoted text>
Prior to the election I would like to see the candidates take questions from a public forum. Transparency I feel is one area the public is lacking not only from the sheriffs dept but other county depts as well. I for one would like to know where my tax dollars are being spent and what are we truly getting in return.
I know he looks forward to doing so. He will be happy to answer any and all questions and just talk to the people to hear their concerns and idea's. He has many idea's himself and wants to share them with the public. I can say he will be an open Sheriff and his door just like his church will always be open to anyone needing to talk. I can say without doubt he will be proactive and he is the type that if Sheriff he would be out in uniform every chance he gets on that road right along with his Deputies. He is just that kind of person.
Wilson campaign

Lenoir, NC

#10 Mar 18, 2013
I made another thread for anyone wanting info or to volunteer. Please email me at wilson4sheriff2014 @ gmail. com

I will pass all info on to Lance until we have official social media outlets in place. As soon as we have everything in place we will have a way to disseminate news and events to everyone in a public forum and field questions, ideas or concerns. If you are looking to help this is a good way for now to tell us where you would like to help (polling places, events and such)... any and all help is greatly appreciated and just telling your neighbors, family or a friend is a great start.

Thanks again and have a wonderful day.
Mookie

Maiden, NC

#11 Mar 18, 2013
Wilson was lost in the pacific, when he fell off of that raft. Tom hanks went mad.
mookie

Black Mountain, NC

#12 Mar 19, 2013
Mookie Wilson.....too funny thats an old ball player name! Lol
whoishe

Fleetwood, NC

#13 Mar 19, 2013
Any dirt on Wilson? Any skeletons? I'd like to know before I get excited that someone may be honest for a change.
really

Newland, NC

#14 Mar 19, 2013
whoishe wrote:
Any dirt on Wilson? Any skeletons? I'd like to know before I get excited that someone may be honest for a change.
I asked the same question and surprisingly I have heard nothing negative at all. Seems as if he is well liked and respected inside law enforcement circles and from all I have heard, he is a stand up type guy. I don't think he has a political agenda but just an interest to see the changes this county needs. I guess one of our local deputies explained it best to me recently.. "Wilson is what he is, not a fake trying to get votes and he don't try to be everything for everybody, he may not always agree with you but at least he is honest enough to tell you and if he tells you something he stands behind his word"...That was a strong statement considering the source it came from
Endorsement

Hickory, NC

#15 Mar 19, 2013
That's a strong endorsement !
I agree

United States

#16 Mar 19, 2013
really wrote:
<quoted text>
I asked the same question and surprisingly I have heard nothing negative at all. Seems as if he is well liked and respected inside law enforcement circles and from all I have heard, he is a stand up type guy. I don't think he has a political agenda but just an interest to see the changes this county needs. I guess one of our local deputies explained it best to me recently.. "Wilson is what he is, not a fake trying to get votes and he don't try to be everything for everybody, he may not always agree with you but at least he is honest enough to tell you and if he tells you something he stands behind his word"...That was a strong statement considering the source it came from
That pretty much sums it up from what I know of Lance Wilson. He is one of the few people I know like that and he has no political hidden agendas. Not many people have a clean closet so to speak but I would wager any amount his is clean.
Seriously

Fleetwood, NC

#17 Mar 19, 2013
Jones will go digging. Bj will probably just make stuff up. He is a low life enough to do just that.
just facts

United States

#18 Mar 19, 2013
whoishe wrote:
I would like to see the facts on Jones as well.. Not slanderous accusations but the real facts. We've all heard bits and pieces of the sex swinging situation,high turnover rates, the missing money by his secretary, issues with lawsuits and all the other stories we hear but I think all of us would like to know the facts of what's really going on there the past few years, again not slanderous venting but true facts.. If you know please share with us all because I'm sure we would like to make our choice for the next sheriff based on the truth and not rumors.
excited

Lenoir, NC

#19 Mar 19, 2013
just facts wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to see the facts on Jones as well.. Not slanderous accusations but the real facts. We've all heard bits and pieces of the sex swinging situation,high turnover rates, the missing money by his secretary, issues with lawsuits and all the other stories we hear but I think all of us would like to know the facts of what's really going on there the past few years, again not slanderous venting but true facts.. If you know please share with us all because I'm sure we would like to make our choice for the next sheriff based on the truth and not rumors.
I think you will be hard pressed to find in written in stone facts about any of that just for the simple reason they can cover their tracks and have so well. A Sheriffs office especially in the south has so many ways to stonewall. I would dismiss a lot of it if not for the fact I have seen a lot of it first hand and so many others have and are talking about it, its not just a handful of disgruntled employees. If all goes well much of it will come out either through the lawsuits or state investigations but until then just focus on the candidates in front of you and what they have to say... that's about all I can tell you, I know a lot of the truth but that's just me and does you no good.
excited

Lenoir, NC

#20 Mar 19, 2013
Seriously wrote:
Jones will go digging. Bj will probably just make stuff up. He is a low life enough to do just that.
He can dig all he wants but his well will still come up dry. I am sure they will do as they always do so well, fabricate and invent lies but they will easily be discredited. Make no mistake the mud will be flung but not from the Wilson camp, he wont take part in that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Deep Gap Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Logic Fails me: 5 min TSF 172
UK LEAVES EU, Obama saddened. 19 min Rock 40
Precision Transmission(used to be at Exxon at W... 1 hr Ashley 1
transmission work 1 hr Ashley 4
Chad, Bradley, and Braxton? (Aug '09) 1 hr Ashley 13
Baptist Churches in Caldwell County (Feb '12) 8 hr Weary traveler 70
News Watauga County: New Trial Ordered For Convicted... (Mar '11) 12 hr Booneoutin 31
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Deep Gap Mortgages