Many illegal immigrants live in public housing

Full story: Marin Independent Journal

This Oct. 30, 2008 file photo shows he public housing complex in South Boston where president-elect Barack Obama's aunt Zeituni Onyango reportedly lives is seen.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of5,599
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ya Think

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

Judged:

And yet we have citizens and vets living on the streets.
ILLEGALbut OVERLOOKED

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

Judged:

I recently survived cancer, was on the HA waiting list for five years, but was removed while I was having chemotherapy because my address changed. I fixed the address change problem within three months. But it took housing authority over 6 months to tell me they won't reinstate me. I am employable and fully intend on securing employment, but it is really a blow when I am eligible for funding,!heck, I don't even need to secure an apartment, my landlord will accept my situation and section 8,), but I was denied and the person who is committing illegal activity gets approval. This is unfair! Now I will appeal because there are many illegals in the county where I live. And this finding adds fuel to the fire.
Ya Think

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

Judged:

S.F. I'm sorry about your problem. The first being you're a U.S. Citizen. We're all taking it in the shorts and apparently the only ones who care. Good luck and I mean that. Too bad the ACLU doesn't back the citizens.
Mary

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

Judged:

Fire the employee's who make errors like this, maybe that a start.
Government jobs should be run like the private sector, if anyone from a private job allowed those errors, they wouldnt last.
They work for us, to enforce our decisions, they should be held accountable.
Seacliff Local

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

Judged:

"That's not what America is about," she said. "Why should we kick them out, even if they are taking up some space?"
Why should you kick them out? Aside from the fact that they are taking away from U.S. citizens? Can't think of a better reason!
Ya Think

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

Judged:

Mary the illegals are covered unfortunately by our laws. Nebraska tried to fight with the illegals claiming they'd been profiled and denied housing. HUD and EOC came in and fought with the governor. Our laws weren't intended to cover law breakers one would chose to believe, but that's not the way it goes.
Change Needed

Whitney, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

Judged:

Illegal aliens in our public housing was boring news 50 years ago.

Nothing is going to be done about it. After Obama grants amnesty to multi-millions of illegal aliens, the Government will appropriate billions to build more low-rent housing projects to meet their needs. Then the snowball effect kicks in, as it always has in the past, after amnesties. All the new "amnestees" will then illegally bring in their extended families to share their free housing (Oh, they will have to pay a fraction of their welfare checks for rent) and share their more fortunate releatives' free groceries.
Looking To Escape

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

Judged:

Seacliff Local wrote:
"That's not what America is about," she said. "Why should we kick them out, even if they are taking up some space?"
Why should you kick them out? Aside from the fact that they are taking away from U.S. citizens? Can't think of a better reason!
The reason people like Elena Salmon think like they do is they contribute so little to the paying of these benefits. You can be very compassionate when it's on someone else's dime.
These people who enjoy public benefits should be reminded quite clearly someone has to give up something to so they can benefit.
Whats up

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

Judged:

Nice to know American get screwed again
disabuser

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

Judged:

This article completely ignores that, for decades now, there has been a shift in taxpayer-subsidized housing from direct government projects and subsidies like Section 8 to private non-profit controlled housing projects. Many of these non-profits simply don't ask about immigration status. An example would be the Beach Flats project in Santa Cruz.

This privatization of the use of tax dollar allows the people running these non-profits, who are usually ideological leftists, to determine where tax dollars go while getting paid for doing so.
plopsdad

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

Judged:

Gaser wrote:
<quoted text>
Good , maybe they should move back to europe and let their Arron brothers help them. We will take care of our own.
maybe you should also
Joe

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

Judged:

That's why they're coming here by the millions. They're given food stamps, free health care, free schools with free lunches. It seems our government had made a deal with Mexico's, that to get the cheap labor maquilas over there, we would take as many of their impoverished class as they care to send.
Looking To Escape

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

Judged:

disabuser wrote:
This article completely ignores that, for decades now, there has been a shift in taxpayer-subsidized housing from direct government projects and subsidies like Section 8 to private non-profit controlled housing projects. Many of these non-profits simply don't ask about immigration status. An example would be the Beach Flats project in Santa Cruz.
This privatization of the use of tax dollar allows the people running these non-profits, who are usually ideological leftists, to determine where tax dollars go while getting paid for doing so.
Speaking of Section 8
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/allentown-pa/...
The effects of Section 8 are just starting to attract the attention of the media.

“The true Californian!”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

Judged:

This disgusts me. My sister who's 17 year old son is terminally ill. He requires her care 24/7. Therefore she is unable to work, she applied for Section 8 Housing. She was on the waiting list at least 6 years. She was denied Section 8 due to the fact she has no credit. Well of course she has no credit she is on public assistance. Yet we provide Section 8 Housing to people who come here illegally. How do they check their credit? They have no Social Security Number.
Ella

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

Judged:

The Housing Authority situation across America seems to be horrible everywhere. Because Housing is supported by taxpayers, it should be illegal to rent to illegals and proof should be mandated.
Our homeless vets, mentally and physically ill should always be up first no matter what. People say "write your congressman", yeah right, it'll just end up in the trash. Something grand has to happen, a peaceful riot of sorts,(or otherwise) sometimes being loud and cruel is the only way people will pay attention. Hey San Francisco, good luck and God Bless.
Joe

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

Judged:

That's why so many of the illegals are driving big new SUV's when they drive to the grocery stores to use their food stamps and WIC.

This is why the average remittance to Mexico is something like $400 a month, most Americans don't have that kind of money left after bills because we have bills to pay, illegals are living off our government so they have plenty of cash.

The illegals can earn whatever kind of money and since it's all illegal earnings, they aren't required to report it in order to obtain free housing.
disabuser

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

Looking To Escape wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of Section 8
The effects of Section 8 are just starting to attract the attention of the media.
bad link
PasoKid

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

Judged:

The writer mentioning "anchor babies" is correct. I work for the welfare system at the county level. Rewarding undocumented (i.e. illegal aliens) persons with cash and food stamps as well as free medical care for life is breaking the system. While undocs themselves CAN'T get any benefits BESIDES pregnancy and emergency medical related care, this is still a huge financial burden on the American taxpayer. I see 3 generations of families on the system eventually.
Looking To Escape

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

disabuser wrote:
<quoted text>
bad link
Link worked for me.
The link ends with:

topix.com/forum/city/allentown-pa/T5E9V3H3OP0...
Jessy Jaxon

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2009

Judged:

Joe wrote:
That's why so many of the illegals are driving big new SUV's when they drive to the grocery stores to use their food stamps and WIC.
This is why the average remittance to Mexico is something like $400 a month, most Americans don't have that kind of money left after bills because we have bills to pay, illegals are living off our government so they have plenty of cash.
The illegals can earn whatever kind of money and since it's all illegal earnings, they aren't required to report it in order to obtain free housing.
I noticed the same thing, so many of them driving big expensive cars, living in section 8 housing, nice new 22" rims and tires, top of the line stereo systems, and still sending cash back to mecixo. I work at a grocery store as a bagger and I have helped many customers out to their cars. It disgusts me when I see "maria" buying food for her family with stamps and vouchers then I take her groceries to her car and it is a Lincoln Navigator or a loaded Chevy Tahoe. I scratch my head and remind myself that next time "maria" shops here I will not help her out to her car....she already has enough help. Oh ya, the last time I took groceries out to her car, her lazy vato husband was sitting in the seat. LOSERS!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of5,599
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dedham Discussions

Search the Dedham Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Boston Considers Immigration Enforcement Proposal 1 hr no doubt 1
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) 7 hr Pico 1,144
Cozy Bamboo Bedding 12 hr Indeed it is 3
Arrest Log: 6/13/2010 (Jun '10) 14 hr Lol 4
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Tue Kundrot dionkie 4,690
Don't apply to Ace Mystery Shopping if You R a ... (Jul '12) Tue lil mach 59
Mayor Walsh invests over $7 million to help clo... Jul 5 reality is a crutch 1
•••
•••

Dedham News Video

•••
Dedham Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Dedham Jobs

•••