What will you be for Halloween?

What will you be for Halloween?

There are 18 comments on the USA Today story from Oct 4, 2006, titled What will you be for Halloween?. In it, USA Today reports that:

This Halloween, expect a platoon of pirates to storm stoops across the USA, demanding booty in the form of candy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

VEE

AOL

#1 Oct 4, 2006
I am the only one who can cause blood curdling screams WITHOUT a mask.
aLifeUncommon

Lawrenceville, GA

#2 Oct 5, 2006
VEE wrote:
I am the only one who can cause blood curdling screams WITHOUT a mask.
Why is that?
VEE

AOL

#3 Oct 5, 2006
aLifeUncommon wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is that?
I never got plastic surgery. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
aLifeUncommon

Lawrenceville, GA

#4 Oct 5, 2006
Um, most of us haven't. What's your point?
VEE

AOL

#5 Oct 5, 2006
aLifeUncommon wrote:
Um, most of us haven't. What's your point?
My halloween mask never comes off. I think the joke is moot at this point cause, dahling, you just dont get it. You are in peaNUT country right? Oh I see.
aLifeUncommon

Lawrenceville, GA

#6 Oct 5, 2006
I do get it, was just being silly. But there you go insulting again. You just don't give up.
I didnt say a word to purposely offend you but yet you continue to do this. What's the problem??
VEE

AOL

#7 Oct 5, 2006
VEE wrote:
<quoted text> My halloween mask never comes off. I think the joke is moot at this point cause, dahling, you just dont get it. You are in peaNUT country right? Oh I see.
I dont see any insults. I happen to love peanuts. Nuts. Salted. Unsalted. Except for boiled peanuts, I definately have to draw the line on that. My brother lives in Georgia. Toccoa. This Halloween I plan on going as myself. Is that a better explaination? Georgia is peanut company. NOO YAWK. Apples. Lots of rotton ones. Some good ones. Long Island, where I am at is duck farms. And Potatoes. And now, in some areas, wine country.(whine) country is applicable in some areas, too.
aLifeUncommon

Lawrenceville, GA

#8 Oct 6, 2006
Ha!
And boiled peanuts are disgusting!
My wife eats them all the time..grosses me out.
VEE

AOL

#9 Oct 6, 2006
aLifeUncommon wrote:
Ha!
And boiled peanuts are disgusting!
My wife eats them all the time..grosses me out.
I tried them. It tastes like I was swimming in the ocean and swallowed a lot of water.
aLifeUncommon

Lawrenceville, GA

#10 Oct 6, 2006
VEE wrote:
<quoted text> I tried them. It tastes like I was swimming in the ocean and swallowed a lot of water.
That's like the childhood story, the 5 Chinese Brother's where the one could swallow the sea!

Ohhhh it's so friday! I gotta get outta this officeeeeeeeeeeeee.
VEE

AOL

#11 Oct 6, 2006
aLifeUncommon wrote:
<quoted text>
That's like the childhood story, the 5 Chinese Brother's where the one could swallow the sea!
Ohhhh it's so friday! I gotta get outta this officeeeeeeeeeeeee.
I will tell you something. The best damn greens I ever had was from a friend, Linda in Jacksonville Florida. I have tasted many different kinds from people who claim theirs is the almighty best, and I had to barf, it was like eating ashes from an ash tray, it was sooo dusgusting. Linda makes these so damn good, I have 3 helpings at a time, she gets ones that are never bitter, she slow cooks them, adds the bacon, this woman makes the best damn greens I never tasted and this is coming from a bona fide NOO YAWK UH! I look forward to Thanksgiving when she makes them for me.
aLifeUncommon

Lawrenceville, GA

#12 Oct 9, 2006
VEE wrote:
<quoted text> I will tell you something. The best damn greens I ever had was from a friend, Linda in Jacksonville Florida. I have tasted many different kinds from people who claim theirs is the almighty best, and I had to barf, it was like eating ashes from an ash tray, it was sooo dusgusting. Linda makes these so damn good, I have 3 helpings at a time, she gets ones that are never bitter, she slow cooks them, adds the bacon, this woman makes the best damn greens I never tasted and this is coming from a bona fide NOO YAWK UH! I look forward to Thanksgiving when she makes them for me.
LOL, if you say so! I've tried many, don't like any of them, and I'm born and raised southern. Did you write this Friday as well? Way off the topic! LOL. Have a good week.
VEE

AOL

#13 Oct 9, 2006
aLifeUncommon wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, if you say so! I've tried many, don't like any of them, and I'm born and raised southern. Did you write this Friday as well? Way off the topic! LOL. Have a good week.
I have tried many as well and it seemed the more I tried, the more vile tasting this crap was, but along came Linda, and well, she has a love affair with greeens, this is an all day thing for her, and they are wonderful. I have tried hush puppies and they are really gross, and forget about grits, there is no way in hell.
aLifeUncommon

Lawrenceville, GA

#14 Oct 9, 2006
VEE wrote:
<quoted text> I have tried many as well and it seemed the more I tried, the more vile tasting this crap was, but along came Linda, and well, she has a love affair with greeens, this is an all day thing for her, and they are wonderful. I have tried hush puppies and they are really gross, and forget about grits, there is no way in hell.
Hush Puppies are fabulous!! but they have to be done right.
Grits are ok but only when loaded down with butter and black pepper!
VEE

AOL

#15 Oct 9, 2006
aLifeUncommon wrote:
<quoted text>
Hush Puppies are fabulous!! but they have to be done right.
Grits are ok but only when loaded down with butter and black pepper!
Now I do like the hush puppies from Captain D's, but feel free to eat as many grits as you want to, have my share, I insist. You can follow that up with hawaiian poy too, not me, brother.
Robin

Marietta, GA

#16 Oct 9, 2006
VEE wrote:
<quoted text> Now I do like the hush puppies from Captain D's, but feel free to eat as many grits as you want to, have my share, I insist. You can follow that up with hawaiian poy too, not me, brother.
Captain D's hushpuppies? YUCK. They don't do them right. Have you actually ever tried grits? They are so good!! Is it really just a Southern thing? And exactly what the heck is Hominy?
VEE

AOL

#17 Oct 9, 2006
Robin wrote:
<quoted text>Captain D's hushpuppies? YUCK. They don't do them right. Have you actually ever tried grits? They are so good!! Is it really just a Southern thing? And exactly what the heck is Hominy?
Hominy is either a black delicasy or Jacki Gleason when he exclaims, "hominahominahomina. never ate it. Yes it is very southern. I never tried grits, but I know I wont like it, I dont like oatmeal, cream of wheat, or any of those cereals, I am just a corn flakes and rice krispies gal.
aLifeUncommon

Lawrenceville, GA

#18 Oct 10, 2006
Robin wrote:
<quoted text>Captain D's hushpuppies? YUCK. They don't do them right. Have you actually ever tried grits? They are so good!! Is it really just a Southern thing? And exactly what the heck is Hominy?
I like Captain D's hushpuppies. They're much better than the ones I've tried to make.
And as far as I know, hominy is a type of corn. You can buy it in the grocery store right next to the corn.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dedham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News News | 18-Year-Old Shot at Latin Festival, Says... Wed Mr Obama 2
News Angry seniors lash out at mayor - Sentinel & En... (May '09) Aug 22 Time marches on 180
News Victim of fatal shooting in Dorchester identified Aug 21 Maybe next time 2
News School Officials Say Low-Income Budget Change W... (Feb '16) Aug 21 Next stop Tehran 17
News Woman who hit pedestrians doesn't have a license Aug 20 grounded in reality 1
Finding Dope (Jun '13) Aug 18 Emilia 36
News Girl says firefighter raped her (Aug '06) Nov '15 Mike Jersey 988

Dedham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dedham Mortgages