Norwood lawyer pleads guilty to insur...

Norwood lawyer pleads guilty to insurance fraud scheme

There are 100 comments on the Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly story from Aug 5, 2009, titled Norwood lawyer pleads guilty to insurance fraud scheme. In it, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly reports that:

A Norwood attorney faces prison time and fines after pleading guilty to a fraud and kick-back scheme that netted at least $1.2 million from an insurance company.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly.

norwood

Winthrop, MA

#21 Jan 2, 2010
I was in Waterville Valley this past week and low and behold guess who's having he's last hurrah! That's right Mr.James Joseph Ciapciak.
Forgiveness

Marlborough, MA

#22 Jan 9, 2010
Boy, what a tough crowd. So let me get this straight everybodys psyched that Jim is being taken away from his three children and wife who are all innocent bi-standers. Because none of you have ever done anything wrong. The person that wrote about how mrs ciaps would be so disappointed obviously never knew her. I actually knew her extremely well and guess what not in a million years would she want to see her son and grandchildren suffer. It's not enough that his mother died, he got sentenced to years in federal prison and is being ripped away from his family, wow! why dont all of you take a very close look in the mirror and see how really perfect you all are. The god that I believe in teaches forgiveness too bad yours doesn't.
Friend

Marlborough, MA

#23 Jan 9, 2010
Oh no, waterville valley? What a shame he should be hiding under his bed. Umm last hurrah I think not it was his daughters hockey tournament and he was there for one night to watch her play. GOOONNNNN get a life
what a shame

Boston, MA

#24 Jan 10, 2010
remember he plead quilty....too many lives have been affected not just his family. Maybe he will be able to use his inmate number for his license plate now.
shame

Marlborough, MA

#25 Jan 10, 2010
Remember he plead guilty and is going to prison, for some reason this isn't enough for you. You clearly have a personal vendetta against jim, thats obvious, so you win, congratulations and by the way good one about the license plate what are you in eigth grade? sounds it, You win!!!
Agree to Disagree

Walpole, MA

#26 Jan 12, 2010
no, not psyched that Jim is being taken away from his 3 children and wife, but psyched that somebody who is a thief got caught and is going to pay for what he did. as for innocent bystanders, Jim has hurt a lot of people, including my family and other people's families. Things he has not gotten caught for. He has ripped off so many people and given such bad advice just to get money. He has never been caught by the law for that. That is why so many people are happy he is going away. And no, I am not perfect, I hardly think anybody on here who is against Jim is perfect, but I have never stolen from anybody, I have never taken somebody's money and not given them a service in return, I have never ripped off a widow, I have never let a wrongful death case (of a 6 yo girl) slip through the cracks (knowing it would get tossed out of court) because I was too busy doing god knows what. So yeah, tough crowd, you are damn straight, this guy deserves everything he gets, and more. It is too bad about his kids, but most criminals have children, I don't see you boo hooing for them.
Information Update

Kingston, NY

#27 Jan 19, 2010
NDLAW

Walpole, MA

#28 Jan 20, 2010
The warden threw a party in the county jail.
The prison band was there and they began to wail.
The band was jumpin and the joint began to swing.
You should've heard those knocked out jailbirds sing. Lets rock, everybody lets rock.
Everybody in the whole cell block was dancin to the jailhouse rock!
Johnny Cash

Walpole, MA

#29 Jan 21, 2010
I hear the train a comin´
it´s rolling round the bend
and I ain´t seen the sunshine since I don´t know when,I´m stuck in Morgantown prison, and time keeps draggin´ on but that train keeps a rollin´ on down to West Virginia..
Question

Kingston, NY

#30 Jan 22, 2010
Has the real property at 33 Starlight Dr, Walpole, MA, been forfeited to the United States of America?
smokin

North Grafton, MA

#31 Jan 28, 2010
What you smokin?
prison

Sherborn, MA

#32 Feb 6, 2010
piece a cake
He will never learn

South Grafton, MA

#33 Feb 11, 2010
norwood wrote:
I was in Waterville Valley this past week and low and behold guess who's having he's last hurrah! That's right Mr.James Joseph Ciapciak.
Thought that they would have taken his condo away from him since it was bought with the fraud money. Guess they missed that one.
He will never learn

South Grafton, MA

#34 Feb 11, 2010
Thought they would have taken his condo from him since it was purchased with fraud money. Guess they missed that one.
He will never learn

South Grafton, MA

#35 Feb 11, 2010
norwood wrote:
His condo was purchased with fraud money. Guess they missed that one.It will make a great home for his wife and kids when she divorces him.

Since: Feb 10

South Grafton, MA

#36 Feb 11, 2010
Question wrote:
Has the real property at 33 Starlight Dr, Walpole, MA, been forfeited to the United States of America?
No it was not forfeited. They allowed him to pay an amount in order to keep his family in the house. That is good since she will get it in the divorce. Wait until she finds out about the other "women" when he traveled with his buddies.
FYI

Boston, MA

#37 Feb 11, 2010
He will never learn wrote:
<quoted text>No it was not forfeited. They allowed him to pay an amount in order to keep his family in the house. That is good since she will get it in the divorce. Wait until she finds out about the other "women" when he traveled with his buddies.
they also put a lien against all his property until he pays restitution fees of one million dollars.
never learn

Spencer, MA

#38 Feb 11, 2010
Other Women? Ut Oh

Since: Feb 10

South Grafton, MA

#39 Feb 12, 2010
Yes other women. He would do quite the partying when he went on his golf outings in Florida and on business travel out to California and to USVI. It's amazing how trusting his wife is and how he has her snowed into thinking he is the perfect husband.
morgan

Boston, MA

#40 Feb 13, 2010
He will never learn wrote:
Yes other women. He would do quite the partying when he went on his golf outings in Florida and on business travel out to California and to USVI. It's amazing how trusting his wife is and how he has her snowed into thinking he is the perfect husband.
you mean to tell me she's standing by her man?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dedham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beatles Tribute returning to Walpole September... 26 min New England Music... 1
What Happened to 2yr old NH girl, Serenity Madigan 14 hr uwillneverknow 2
News School Officials Say Low-Income Budget Change W... (Feb '16) Tue Painting the corners 19
Review: Micro Scalp Clinic Tue marley weesner 2
News Two dead, two injured in separate overnight sho... Mon grounded in reali... 1
Finding Dope (Jun '13) Aug 28 Kjb6988420 38
the goddam jews are to blame Aug 27 BUD FOX 1

Dedham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dedham Mortgages