Norwood lawyer pleads guilty to insurance fraud scheme

A Norwood attorney faces prison time and fines after pleading guilty to a fraud and kick-back scheme that netted at least $1.2 million from an insurance company. Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
warren trestri

Norwood, MA

#1 Aug 8, 2009
he deserves everything that he get and more
warren trestri

Norwood, MA

#2 Aug 8, 2009
this scumbag deserves everything he get and more
norwood

Brookline, MA

#3 Aug 8, 2009
I don't understand why he became so greedy!!! He is a scumbag.
frederick rantzau

Milton Village, MA

#4 Sep 9, 2009
im suprised that gary lee wasn't mentioned he's another one who's name appears in the lawyer's weekly for his personal and private antics
tml

Norwood, MA

#5 Oct 11, 2009
when?
scumbaglawyers

Norwood, MA

#6 Dec 15, 2009
He does deserve every month, every day, every hour and every minute of the sentence he was given ... 41 months in the big house!
norwood

Boston, MA

#7 Dec 15, 2009
scumbaglawyers wrote:
He does deserve every month, every day, every hour and every minute of the sentence he was given ... 41 months in the big house!
where did he get sentenced too?
norwood

Norwood, MA

#8 Dec 16, 2009
Since it is a federal crime, I imagine a federal prison. I have heard he has to report for his sentence in January.
norwood

Boston, MA

#9 Dec 16, 2009
norwood wrote:
Since it is a federal crime, I imagine a federal prison. I have heard he has to report for his sentence in January.
according to what I saw on DOJ he was suppose to be sentenced Dec.15th. Maybe they changed it. It's so shocking to me since I knew one of his family members.
scumbaglawyers

Norwood, MA

#10 Dec 16, 2009
Yes, he is going to federal prison somewhere (there are no federal prisons in MA). He was sentenced yesterday - 12/15, but they gave him until January so that he could be with his family for the holidays, I think.
Very Happy

Walpole, MA

#11 Dec 17, 2009
scumbaglawyers wrote:
Yes, he is going to federal prison somewhere (there are no federal prisons in MA). He was sentenced yesterday - 12/15, but they gave him until January so that he could be with his family for the holidays, I think.
When he plead guilty over the summer time, he was given until 12/15/09 to get his affairs in order. From what I have been told, he was telling people he would not do time because it was not his fault and that he would only get probation. This is typical of the liar that he is, never, ever taking responsibility for what he has done. I think the guys convinces himself of his own lies. I hear that he was like a deer in headlights when the sentence was read, he really never thought he would do time. Well, I guess he was wrong. They were supposed to take him away on 12/15, but he told the court that he had yet to tell his children. So they gave him until 1/14/10 to report. His sentence starts 1/15 and from what I hear he will be going to TN to serve his 41 months. Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus! This really could not have happened to a better person. There are many, many people out there that are thrilled and relieved at this sentence!
Yahoo

Walpole, MA

#12 Dec 17, 2009
If I had a penny for every time I heard somebody say that this could not have happened to a better guy, I would be able to give him the 1.2 million dollars he was ordered to pay back to MetLife for his theft. Everything in this pseudo man's possession since 2001 was purchased with stolen money. He is nothing more than a common criminal. he should be ashamed of himself, but you are right Very Happy, he convinces himself of his lies, including the one that the only thing he did wrong was charge MetLife for the Super Bowl tickets.
Very Happy

Walpole, MA

#13 Dec 17, 2009
you may be knew one of his family members, but you obviously did not know him, because if you did, you would not be shocked. Please keep in mind that what he plead guilty to (which one would not do if you really did not do anything wrong) was what they caught him at doing. Who knows what else he did that he may have not gotten caught at.
scumbaglawyers

Norwood, MA

#14 Dec 18, 2009
Very Happy wrote:
you may be knew one of his family members, but you obviously did not know him, because if you did, you would not be shocked. Please keep in mind that what he plead guilty to (which one would not do if you really did not do anything wrong) was what they caught him at doing. Who knows what else he did that he may have not gotten caught at.
I imagine the list is endless for this jerk!
norwood

Boston, MA

#15 Dec 18, 2009
scumbaglawyers wrote:
<quoted text>
I imagine the list is endless for this jerk!
I personally think he should have received more time.
NDLAW

Walpole, MA

#16 Dec 18, 2009
one day in jail is bad enough. 41 months is a very long time. unfortunately, i don't think it will change this leopard's stripes.
norwood

Boston, MA

#17 Dec 19, 2009
NDLAW-hmm seen this license plate around norwood and walpole who could that be? Did you ever think for one minute about your wife and children when you were stealing millions and not only that but what about the people out there struggling to pay for insurance, you ought to be ashamed of yourself. one day 41 months you deserve every second,minute,hour,day you got. I beleive you should of received more but who am I not a judge. What would your mother think of you today. I knew her and she would of been devasted. A Notre Dame graduate all the money wasted. If you are reading this you need to suck it up and pay the piper. Oh and your kids didn't know as now another lie. But we all know who you really are.
Agree to Disagree

Walpole, MA

#18 Dec 20, 2009
I heard that when he knew he was about to be investigated, he called the Norwood Police Dpt. and reported that some former employees broke into the office, forged documents and left them there, to make it look like he had committed insurance fraud. This was done so that when he did get investigated, he could blame it on the former employees and not have to take responsibility. The problems was, the documents evidencing insurance fraud and mail fraud had already been exchanged over state lines and, therefore, the banks and the insurance company already had the documents to prove what he and his partner in crime had been up to. There could be no way anybody could have made up the amount of documentation for the paper trail they left behind. The never of this absolute gutless jerk to try to take down completely innocent people because he does not have the backbone to admit completely what he had done wrong. Funny, after denying to people around his office that he did not do anything wrong, he plead guilty without a fight to everything he had been charged with.
Anonymous

New York, NY

#19 Dec 23, 2009
What about "A.P."?
Dinosaur Rebirth

Norwood, MA

#20 Dec 29, 2009
Rumor is that he has pled guilty in NY and is being sentenced in March.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dedham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wahlberg Wants Conviction Tossed 10 hr L Morales 9
Dog disappears on Christmas Day from Dorchester... 10 hr L Morales 2
why do white men act like they don't like black... (Mar '11) 16 hr L Morales 113
Turnpike toll collectors help save man's life 16 hr L Morales 2
School design finalists chosen 20 hr Francesco Sinibaldi 1
Routines upended as demand rises in Boston's sh... Fri reality is a crutch 1
Nearly 1,000 gather to honor slain Brighton woman Dec 25 Steve Ruell 2

Dedham News Video

Dedham Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Dedham People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Dedham News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Dedham