K-pop is not cool, K-pop often exploi...

K-pop is not cool, K-pop often exploits performers

Posted in the Dedham Forum

Flushing, NY

#1 Nov 18, 2012
Because Psy has become so huge, a few extra people are talking about "k-pop." They are not mentioning the "naughty bits" however.

Please google "SM Entertainment and slave contracts." Or "SM Entertainment payola".

These K-pop companies are unbelievably corrupt and treat their preformers worse than cattle.

Every Asian knows that many of these K-pop companies are thoroughly disreputable.

There are rumors in Asia that Korean performers must sleep with executives etc. to get into groups.

Psy's company, YG, doesn't seem bad, but others seem terrible.

One of the most famous bands was Super Junior from SM Entertainment - one Chinese member left the group and escaped to China to avoid a long term slave contract in which he received little money and through which he was overworked.

SM is not the only bad Korean company. In 2010 Korea was rocked by the Wonder Girls scandal.

Please google: "Korea Herald Wonder Girls Ill-treated" or "Korea Herald JYP admits Wonder Girls lack insurance".

Two of these girls dropped out of high school to live without health insurance in illegal rooms in New York (which the city shut down because they were dangerous to human life). One left the group (probably due to emotional problems due to her stay in the US) and was replaced by another girl who dropped out of high school.

If you do a search engine search of: JYP admits Wonder Girls lack insurance, you'll see they entered the country illegally. Why aren't they in jail?

They lied to enter the country and violated visa laws by working here while pretending to be students. Hello Homeland Security - you are not upset by this?

Basically many of these K-pop companies are completely lawless. I think it is wrong to promote any of them in the USA.

Let these entertainment companies clean up their act if they want to make it in America.

People do not buy clothing from sweatshops - they should not buy K-pop from companies that are so bad to their performers.

It's ridiculous that Americans who want more money - Nick Cannon, The Jonas Brothers, Akon, Billboard (which actively pimps for JYP Entertainment) do not care about the abuses. They just acre about $$$$$$$$$$

Thay are all disgraceful scum.

Saugus, MA

#2 Nov 28, 2012
Boo Hoo

welcome to the music buisiness
caroooomaexplosi on

Flushing, NY

#3 Dec 18, 2012
Bang wrote:
Boo Hoo
welcome to the music buisiness
I am not attacking you by saying this, but I don't think
that's a justification for the inadequate treatment of human beings.

Boston, MA

#4 Jun 14, 2013
That's messed up. I hope this is all a lie. I like Miss A and Big Bang the most. To hear such horrible things. I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dedham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
black lives still don't matter Thu Walton 2
News 13-year-old shot in Chelsea Oct 20 former democrat 1
News Pittsfield police officer files complaint again... Oct 20 Cops are degenerates 28
News Police investigate fatal shooting in Lawrence Oct 18 former democrat 1
News Jessica Rinaldi/Globe staff Governor calls on f... Oct 18 former democrat 1
News Man dies from injuries after being shot in Lawr... Oct 18 former democrat 1
why do white men act like they don't like black... (Mar '11) Oct 18 Go Blue Forever 124

Dedham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dedham Mortgages