Cohen going back to jail

Cohen going back to jail

There are 10 comments on the Lynn Sunday Post story from Sep 13, 2007, titled Cohen going back to jail. In it, Lynn Sunday Post reports that:

David Cohen is going back to jail after several weeks of uncertainty for the former Stoughton police sergeant. via Lynn Sunday Post

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lynn Sunday Post.

STOP

Millbury, MA

#1 Sep 13, 2007
Let's not lose sight that David has a family,his kids and wife have lost a dad for three years,Iam sure if the shoe was on the other foot nobody would want that! Stop all the madness!
They got it right

Randolph, MA

#2 Sep 14, 2007
Let's not lose sight that David has a family,his kids and wife have lost a dad for three years,Iam sure if the shoe was on the other foot nobody would want that! Stop all the madness!

David did not put his family first or even consider them when he went on his rampages or acts of vengance, why would you ask us to consider them ? Let me ask you this, did David consider other people's families as he was harrassing them or trying at all means possible to ruin them, I don't think so. Let em rot.
Stop what madness

United States

#3 Sep 14, 2007
What are you talking about? He was indicted, convicted, sentenced and now he is doing his time. There is no madness in that. It is the way the system works.

If there is any madness here, it involves the fact that so many law enforcment hearts in Stoughton - including the current chief's - are bleeding for this convicted criminal. Now that's what I call madness.
bored 815

Norwood, MA

#4 Sep 14, 2007
STOP wrote:
Only madness is you adding another forum !
STOP

Millbury, MA

#5 Sep 14, 2007
So why did you respone to this forum, David help alot of people out! Black and white!
The System

Bridgewater, MA

#6 Sep 14, 2007
When the Cohen supporters wanted certain selectmen out the "system" was used for a recall.
I do not like the recall system but it the legal way the town is run. There were no threats from the people who did not support the recall. No hysterics at town hall. Cohen and his friends played the system well for years. What you couldn't control is the surrounding towns and the existing legal system. When you use the system you have to expect not everything is going to be your way.
Mr Cohen choose to coach children as a convicted felon, citizens from surrounding towns did not like a felon near their children. His antics were not tolerated outside of Stoughton that is why he is convicted and in jail.
If his trial was in Stoughton, I am sure the "right" people would have been place on the jury but the county does not tolerate this behavior.
I am glad the acting police chief is waking up and distancing himself from a felon. I do believe the acting chief when he said not all the policemen are like Cohen. The police should have kept out of politics, no police officer has the right to harass any citizen choosing to run for office, that is why no one will run for selectmen.

If Manny gets convicted I hope the police force has smartened up and realized that they can't be emotional and vocal in a court of law.

When I mention I live in Stoughton, people always say they feel sorry for me. I hope the acting police chief will keep an eye on the force, and have the police channel their focus on issues like the places that have been robbed in Stoughton.

If the police attacked this problem with the energy Mr Cohen had on Mr Hills the robbies would not have happened.

I am very sorry for the Cohen family especially the kids, but the whole town can't be tied up in one family's person issue. Time to move on.
The System

Bridgewater, MA

#7 Sep 14, 2007
Two typos---robberies, and personal family issues.
The Truth

AOL

#8 Sep 14, 2007
Cohen has a new family, he is the wife of some big black man in cell 302!
Maybe david can fix Manny up with the guy in cell 306 when manny gets there, then the foursome can get together and play strip twister

Feel the love yet david?
what

Raynham, MA

#9 Oct 4, 2007
The System wrote:
When the Cohen supporters wanted certain selectmen out the "system" was used for a recall.
I do not like the recall system but it the legal way the town is run. There were no threats from the people who did not support the recall. No hysterics at town hall. Cohen and his friends played the system well for years. What you couldn't control is the surrounding towns and the existing legal system. When you use the system you have to expect not everything is going to be your way.
Mr Cohen choose to coach children as a convicted felon, citizens from surrounding towns did not like a felon near their children. His antics were not tolerated outside of Stoughton that is why he is convicted and in jail.
If his trial was in Stoughton, I am sure the "right" people would have been place on the jury but the county does not tolerate this behavior.
I am glad the acting police chief is waking up and distancing himself from a felon. I do believe the acting chief when he said not all the policemen are like Cohen. The police should have kept out of politics, no police officer has the right to harass any citizen choosing to run for office, that is why no one will run for selectmen.
If Manny gets convicted I hope the police force has smartened up and realized that they can't be emotional and vocal in a court of law.
When I mention I live in Stoughton, people always say they feel sorry for me. I hope the acting police chief will keep an eye on the force, and have the police channel their focus on issues like the places that have been robbed in Stoughton.
If the police attacked this problem with the energy Mr Cohen had on Mr Hills the robbies would not have happened.
I am very sorry for the Cohen family especially the kids, but the whole town can't be tied up in one family's person issue. Time to move on.
It sounds like you must not know all the facts here because a lot of what you are saying is just false and poor information. It's easy to speculate when you are on the outside but, when you actually know what really happened and know all the facts, you would think much differently. The town of Stoughton definitely has it's issues but, for someone to say you that they feel sorry for you when you say where you are from is just rediculous. Every town has there issues and get through them. I feel sorry for David and his family because it was his life they chose to destroy all to get one person out! Unfortunately, I don't think that the end is near. There will be a lot more problems that Stoughton will be faced with.
funny

United States

#10 Oct 4, 2007
what wrote:
<quoted text>It sounds like you must not know all the facts here because a lot of what you are saying is just false and poor information. It's easy to speculate when you are on the outside but, when you actually know what really happened and know all the facts, you would think much differently. The town of Stoughton definitely has it's issues but, for someone to say you that they feel sorry for you when you say where you are from is just rediculous. Every town has there issues and get through them. I feel sorry for David and his family because it was his life they chose to destroy all to get one person out! Unfortunately, I don't think that the end is near. There will be a lot more problems that Stoughton will be faced with.
Funny. We keep hearing about how non-Cohen supporters don't know the "facts" and if only knew these mysterious "facts" they would support Cohen. So what are these magic kernels of knowledge that you posses that would alter opinions about Cohen's obviously criminal behavior? Keeping in mind, of course, that we already know about the sleepy cop with the documents on top of the fridge. Not exculpatory, I'm afraid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dedham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eleventh Birthday Jan 11 Ulfhednar 1
News After 9 arrests, Evans tells other gangbangers:... Jan 9 nigbe gone 1
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Massachuse... (Oct '10) Jan 9 Raydot 13
News A call for help (May '08) Jan 9 Ozzie King Of Zyl... 18
unsterile surgeon at fla hospital of orlando Jan 7 John Conover 1
Is Tom Brady Gay Jan 6 Wild Bill 1
Breast Cancer Prevention Jan 5 test 2

Dedham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dedham Mortgages