$93,000 cancer drug: How much is a life worth?
#1 Sep 27, 2010
Just a few facts to correct a hit-piece by either a lazy writer or another Wall St. captured "reporter."
1. Provenge only costs $93K and NOT $93K per year.
2. Provenge actually costs less than chemo insofar as it has virtually no side effects compared to the crippling side effects of chemo... all of which requires add'l medication and hospitalization and costs much more money.
3. Provenge extends life a median of 4.1 x months more than the placebo... which was a frozen form of Provenge for those who crossed-over. Provenge actually extends life a median of approx 14 months compared to those who receive no treatment.
4. Many men receiving Provenge are still alive many years after treatment. As this course of treatment is further studied, it will provide even greater life expectency and, ultimately, may prove itself to be a cure for prostate cancer.
5. And what about quality of life? The only significant adverse side effect of Provenge is flu like symptoms. Chemo, on the other hand is devasting and kills approx 5% of recipients. The side effects of chemo are so bad that a substantial number of men have chosen no treatment. Now, w/Provenge, these men have a choice.
6. Provenge is the infant stage of a truly revolutionary change in the fight against cancer!!!
Add your comments below
|Where is Tsarnaev's family?||16 hr||reality is a crutch||1|
|Fox News Boston - VB fired||17 hr||Kevin||52|
|Tsarnaev Is Guilty on All 30 Counts in Boston||21 hr||Rick||2|
|Atlas Glenmor Oil price caps (Jan '09)||Apr 17||John Doe||43|
|Worcester Officer Arrested For Allegedly Assaul...||Apr 13||reality is a crutch||1|
|A new Rami's food truck ready to roll in Boston||Apr 12||_Learsi||1|
Find what you want!
Search Dedham Forum Now
Copyright © 2015 Topix LLC