$93,000 cancer drug: How much is a life worth?

In this Aug. 16, 2010 photo, patient Bob Svensson is hooked up to a blood infusion machine under the care of Nancy Grant, a registered nurse at the American Red Cross in Dedham, Mass., as he undergoes a $93,000 prostate cancer treatment. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
OldGuysRule

Long Beach, CA

#22 Sep 30, 2010
"I'm fearful that this will become a drug for people with more resources and less available for people with less resources," said M.D. Anderson's prostate cancer research chief, Dr. Christopher Logothetis.

Of course the above paragraph from the article clearly talks about how we don't want this to be only for people with money.

Okay, this is perfect for our entitlement program. Sure why not buy everyone a Rascal motor wheelchair, pills for everything, therapy for everything and now a special on 4 months more of life at about $1,000 a day.

I will bet that the company that came up with this was working on a government grant or with money donated to a "good cause" cancer research program.

And you know it's not coming from any prostate cancer fund raisers. I don't think there are any. But, there are plenty of Breast Cancer fund raisers like the Pink Ribbon Cancer Walk for women and pink men.

I am donating all of my money to the Food Bank and the Rescue Mission so that the millions of hungry homeless can eat. I don't want to pay for some company to come up with some stupid $1,000 a day process to break the bank for those of us still alive. I am sorry, but this is totally nuts.
OldGuysRule

Long Beach, CA

#23 Sep 30, 2010

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dedham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New parking restrictions limit visitor spots in... Sun reality is a crutch 1
beat up in front of my wife (Mar '11) Sun YouraLoser 29
Looking for single females Sep 19 accentudate 1
MA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Massachus... (Oct '10) Sep 11 whimmersmith 4,702
MA Who do you support for Governor in Massachusett... (Oct '10) Aug '14 Kundrot dionkie 1,163
Measure calls for elder-care facilities to obta... Jun '14 humanSpirit 3
About Town: John Lennon Coming Back to Stoughton (Jan '13) May '14 Kundrot dionkie 9
•••

Dedham News Video

•••
•••

Dedham Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Dedham People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Dedham News, Events & Info