Slain woman's grandmother blames stre...

Slain woman's grandmother blames stress of Iraq war

There are 1 comment on the The Gazette story from Sep 10, 2009, titled Slain woman's grandmother blames stress of Iraq war. In it, The Gazette reports that:

The grandmother of a slain former Decorah woman said she thinks Sena Marie Downing is a casualty of the war in Iraq.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Gazette.

Anonymous

Decorah, IA

#1 Nov 2, 2009
That's an interesting comment. Her comments remind me a lot of another murder by an ex-soldier, Zach Bowen. This murder took place in New Orleans in 2006. He had been to Iraq and he murdered his girlfriend. He committed suicide in that case though. That murder is the subject of the book Shake the Devil Off: A true story of the murder that shook New Orleans. That book argues that his experiencies in Iraq contributed to his killing his girl friend. That book also examines in depth the issue of ex-soldiers from Iraq etc and violence. I highly reccomend Sena's grandmother read that book, if she hasn't heard of it.

I think the book would give her more insight into what happened to her grand daughter. It's sad that Sena was murdered. May she rest in peace. I'm a female Decorah resident a couple years younger than Sena and though I never knew her or her family, my heart goes out to them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Decorah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mr. President, stop your raids on our communities (Aug '08) Jul 1 Valerie 435
Eagles (Jan '17) Jan '17 guest 1
News SBA offers disaster assistance to Iowa business... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Stephany McDowell 1
Pain pills and Anxiety will send Overnight (May '10) Feb '16 Chris P 2
News Delegate snatchers: Clinton, Sanders take diffe... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Jeremy 2
News Grow pink celery and get ready for a lively sauce (Dec '15) Dec '15 TRUMP ADMENSTRUATION 2
Yayo (Sep '15) Sep '15 Chris P 1

Decorah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Decorah Mortgages