Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County

There are 20 comments on the MidSouthNewz story from Apr 13, 2011, titled Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County. In it, MidSouthNewz reports that:

Authorities in Decatur and Henderson County as well as the Tennessee Highway Patrol and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are searching for 20 year old Holly Bobo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MidSouthNewz.

Since: Jul 11

Central KY

#146949 Oct 23, 2013
Letsthink wrote:
<quoted text>
Mojo John, Sadly, I'm leaning on your theory that she will never be found..It's been too long..IMO she's not far, but somewhere that can not be seen by these searchers.
We all know a 25 yr. old man said that's who he saw with Holly that morning, now either this grown man was totally wrong or totally right..let's keep hoping time will tell...imo
What are the chances that a self professed shaman and a psychic-John and Rosemary both show up together after weeks of missing in action? Full moon or something stirring in the demonic realm?

Central KY

#146950 Oct 23, 2013
John wrote:
..yes, on April 11, 2011, an evil person came to Parsons, stole her away in his truck, killed her, and she will never be found.
OR? Her boyfriend killed her for cheating on him and killed her. "But, He, He, HE CRIES SO HARD." I'd cry if I killed my girl. REAL hard. Idiots in the FBI never do know much more than their little predecessors. Southern Bullshit artists. All aligned in a row. Southern gentlemen bullshit with no care.
I say this: her boyfriend killed her. YOU? You're just little boys 'tendin'. Remember when you were young? About nine or ten? You all played detective in your daddy's parked car in the driveway. All you are now? The same thing twenty years or so later.
You idiots couldn't solve a case of the crabs.
Her boyfriend did it. You can't even prove that?
Small town folk get the better of ya? Lol.
Couldn't find the murder victim in a morgue.
From what has been posted you need to tell Derek your theory in person. Before you do so sell tickets and donate the money to charity.

Central KY

#146951 Oct 23, 2013
Rough crowd in here this am:)

“BIOMOM”

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#146952 Oct 23, 2013
Letsthink wrote:
<quoted text>
Mojo John, Sadly, I'm leaning on your theory that she will never be found..It's been too long..IMO she's not far, but somewhere that can not be seen by these searchers.
We all know a 25 yr. old man said that's who he saw with Holly that morning, now either this grown man was totally wrong or totally right..let's keep hoping time will tell...imo
You are too kind. He's totally lying about what happened to Holly.

Central KY

#146953 Oct 23, 2013
Erika-- wrote:
<quoted text>
That "Thank you searchers" note was already written...
I don't think they had any intentions of facing the crowd.. my thoughts only
Considering the family participated in many of the searches what difference does it make about this one? A phone tip and significant find may have had their emotions running over the top.

Since: Jul 08

Lexington, Va.

#146954 Oct 23, 2013
Sleuths, Re: turkey hunting items
Since we are talking about a 12 gauge shot gun, take a look at this turkey hunting video and pay close attention to the end of the arrow (how the arrow is made on the end) scary...imo

Lexington, Va.

#146955 Oct 23, 2013
I ran across this while reading, thought I'd pass it on, for what it's worth.
Quote;
Fudging on facts or leaving out major details can lead to a false report charge. However, it can also lead to other criminal charges. For example, if a defendant filed a false police report claiming that their vehicle was stolen, when in fact they ditched the vehicle somewhere hoping that it would never be found because they wanted their insurance company to pay off the car note, then the filing of a false report would only be their first of several charges. The defendant could also be charged with insurance fraud or hindering a secured creditor. Other companion felonies include perjury, theft by deception, and securing execution of a document by deception.

Who and why can also affect the severity of a filing of a false police report charge.

Lying to the feds about anything is always a bad idea.
False reports to a federal officer in an official investigation will invite a federal charge.

Lying to cover another felony charge will not only result in a false report charge, but can also result in felony tampering or hindering apprehension charges.
The severity of the false nature of the report will affect how a filing of a false report will be handled..
JUDGE

Jackson, TN

#146956 Oct 23, 2013
I find it a little hard to swallow that the "significant find" was the same day the Bobo's came to town to thank the searchers. Not only that, they had a pre printed thank you note. I too believe they never intended to thank anyone in person.
So the whole town is at the fairgrounds waiting on the Bobos, which just so happen to be the only ones out driving around.
Things that make you go HMMMMMM!

Central KY

#146957 Oct 23, 2013
Is Dresden the largest city in Weakley County? How far is it to Ky Lake?

Lexington, Va.

#146958 Oct 23, 2013
QUOTE who="JUDGE"I find it a little hard to swallow that the "significant find" was the same day the Bobo's came to town to thank the searchers.
Not only that, they had a pre printed thank you note.

I too believe they never intended to thank anyone in person.

So the whole town is at the fairgrounds waiting on the Bobos, which

just so happen to be the only ones out driving around.

Things that make you go HMMMMMM!..QUOTE

JUDGE, Everything in this case makes me go HMMMMM!..

Is it a possibility that the B.'s never intended to say anything to anybody about anything related to H.'s disappearance???

Which seemed to be the POINT in having OTHERS speak for them, throughout these months..

I suggest the Point being, at a later date the B.'s can not be held responsible for what their 'mouth pieces' said, fact or fiction, true or false??? Who's to say whether 'they' made any of the 911 calls??

Could that have been the reason K. was mad at the Sheriff when he insisted she talk to the camera's?

Now what did 'they' say in the news conference, NOTHING, nothing to the abductor, only for H. to come home...more things that make me go Hmmmmmm!!!imo
JUDGE

Jackson, TN

#146959 Oct 23, 2013
JER29 wrote:
Is Dresden the largest city in Weakley County? How far is it to Ky Lake?
No
Martin,TN and 50 miles +/-

Central KY

#146960 Oct 23, 2013
Is the hand written note by Pastor Don Franks the one that is in question? If so the article says a fax was sent to him and he wrote the note to read to searchers and his penmanship was brought into question.

A family and pastor unjustly condemned online

Holly's pastor, Don Franks, wrote a note attached to a fax from Holly's family that read:“No child is safe until we find Holly Bobo and the thousands of missing children in America. Bring them home to their families and bring their kidnappers to justice.”

Pastor Franks' handwritten note, as well as a handwritten statement from the Bobo family, were scanned and shared online.

As a result, Pastor Franks was wrongly, with no evidence of any wrongdoing on his part, attacked online with accusations made that he may have been involved in her disappearance.

There have been numerous attacks on Holly's brother and family - all which serve to hurt a family that is already grieving. This will be addressed further in an upcoming article.

In Pastor Franks' defense local resident Teresa Floyd said,“Mrs. Don Franks is the niece of my mother, aunt and great aunt. They all married brothers of the same family.

“Brother Don, along with my cousin, preached my mother's funeral, 20 years ago, nearly to the day.

“He buried his own grandson just weeks before Holly disappeared, yet has been tirelessly searching for her with everyone else involved.

“He (and his family, daughter, Mary Beth, mother of Brennan) have spent endless hours in physically demanding efforts, and selfless dedication to the Bobos and finding Holly.

“I have not seen the note, but I know no one attacks a physician because of his poor penmanship, and I can assure you there is NO ONE that knows anyone involved, that gives one moment's pause to the vile assertions of armchair detectives that would attack Don Franks.

“I have known him personally for 34 years, he is a neighbor and a neighbor to family. His son looks in on the widows and helps them with projects they need help with.

“Don and Rebbecca Franks have raised two of the finest children I have had the honor of knowing and the privilege of calling family. He does not deserve to be attacked. But I know, he will take it all in stride, if in any way, it helps bring Holly home safe.”

Central KY

#146961 Oct 23, 2013
JUDGE wrote:
I find it a little hard to swallow that the "significant find" was the same day the Bobo's came to town to thank the searchers. Not only that, they had a pre printed thank you note. I too believe they never intended to thank anyone in person.
So the whole town is at the fairgrounds waiting on the Bobos, which just so happen to be the only ones out driving around.
Things that make you go HMMMMMM!
The so called preprinted thank you note was a hand written fax to Pastor Don Franks that he read as well as something he wrote in his own handwriting. The reason to go hmmm is why the misrepresentation by you.

Lexington, Va.

#146962 Oct 23, 2013
GloomyRDarwin wrote:
<quoted text>
You are too kind. He's totally lying about what happened to Holly....
GloomyRDarwin, What did Happen to Holly?

Thought I'd mention, most post on this Forum, are theory, speculation, opinion and rumor, based on very little fact....imo

Central KY

#146963 Oct 23, 2013
Is this the note in question, date was May3,2011?

May 3, 2011
PARSONS, Tennessee (Isabelle Zehnder reporting)-- Holly Bobo's parents issued a statement Tuesday thanking everyone who has helped search for their daughter, Holly Bobo, who was abducted three weeks ago on April 13; they are reaching out to the public for help to find her.

Kevin Bromley, spokesman for the Bobo family, issued Dana and Karen Bobos' statement to media:

"We could never thank everyone enough for all the kindness that has been shown to our family during this difficult time.

“Thanks for your search efforts, donations, and especially your prayers for Holly and our Family.

“I know everyone's daily life, routines, and work must go on, but ours never will until Holly's safe return.

“Keep your eyes and ears open, and search your own property.

“Please pray for Holly's strength and everyone who is searching for our precious Holly" ~ Holly Bobo's family.

Central KY

#146964 Oct 23, 2013
JUDGE wrote:
<quoted text>
No
Martin,TN and 50 miles +/-
Would LE use someone in an official capacity that has a felony in their past? Would they be allowed to carry a sidearm?

Lexington, Va.

#146965 Oct 23, 2013
QUOTE who="Boon1003"<qu oted text>
Since you are local, would you care to share with us what the reaction was to the Facebook posts of a prominent business man there in Parsons?
I see his Facebook account is still not available.
There have been no reports or statements about the accusations he made.
Can you tell us if he has been interviewed by the TBI?....
TIA.. QUOTE

Boon1003, Has anyone heard anymore about the accusations the prominent business man posted on his Facebook account??

“BIOMOM”

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#146966 Oct 23, 2013
Letsthink wrote:
<quoted text>
GloomyRDarwin, What did Happen to Holly?
Thought I'd mention, most post on this Forum, are theory, speculation, opinion and rumor, based on very little fact....imo
There's a question for her loving family to answer.

Lexington, Va.

#146967 Oct 23, 2013
QUOTE who= GloomyRDarwin wrote: <quoted text>
You are too kind. He's totally lying about what happened to Holly....QUOTE

QUOTE who=Letsthink, What did Happen to Holly?

Thought I'd mention, most post on this Forum, are theory, speculation, opinion and rumor, based on very little fact....imo..QUOTE

QUOTE who="GloomyRDarwin" <quoted text>
There's a question for her loving family to answer....QUOTE

GloomyRDarwin, I suspect you know the answers to our questions,..otherwise you would NOT know when someone is lying about what happened to Holly.
When can we expect her family to answer this question?.....jmo

Central KY

#146968 Oct 23, 2013
Letsthink wrote:
QUOTE who= GloomyRDarwin wrote: <quoted text>
You are too kind. He's totally lying about what happened to Holly....QUOTE
QUOTE who=Letsthink, What did Happen to Holly?
Thought I'd mention, most post on this Forum, are theory, speculation, opinion and rumor, based on very little fact....imo..QUOTE
QUOTE who="GloomyRDarwin" <quoted text>
There's a question for her loving family to answer....QUOTE
GloomyRDarwin, I suspect you know the answers to our questions,..otherwise you would NOT know when someone is lying about what happened to Holly.
When can we expect her family to answer this question?.....jmo
Or when will the poster accusing the family answer the question?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Decaturville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Holly Bobo suspect indicted on 2 counts of rape (Oct '14) 1 hr Justice4Holly 134
Denise Davis 5 hr an x 4
Bayron hinson (Dec '12) 10 hr imahinsontoo 9
CCA Coverup 13 hr sue 5
Granny's Kitchen 15 hr boner4her 9
Gina beth.wallace 16 hr just wondering 2
guard stabbed on 2-23-15 20 hr lil 14
More from around the web

Decaturville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]