Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo A...

Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County

There are 250436 comments on the MidSouthNewz story from Apr 13, 2011, titled Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County. In it, MidSouthNewz reports that:

Authorities in Decatur and Henderson County as well as the Tennessee Highway Patrol and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are searching for 20 year old Holly Bobo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MidSouthNewz.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#147019 Oct 24, 2013
I remember in the discussion, way back when, that some people mentioned that panties were found in the field, along with a few other items (possibly the dollar bills with Holly's name on them. I assumed that's how they knew who the panties belonged to, possibly. This was the field that was by a forest. Somebody commented back during that discussion that these items seemed planted. After all, if it was a matter of disposing of some things, the kidnapper could have put them deeper in the woods, and they might not have been found then or ever. It seemed someone wanted these items found and connected to Holly.

Concerning Karen expressing relief over something found, I've heard it speculated now that it was everything from items of clothing, to the ring Drew gave Holly, to the phone. It looks like anything short of a message from Holly would have caused more distress than anything. Any personal item separated from Holly would seem like bad news rather than good news.

All JMOO

Since: Jul 08

Lexington, Va.

#147020 Oct 24, 2013
QUOTE who="my opinion" How were the panties identified as holly"s? did Karen ID them? She knows every small detail of what holly did that morning I suppose she may have looked at her panties before she left for work to make sure that holly had the any on.
If they had no DNA. They could be anyone's
If the area was of the beaten path and somewhere people may go to do the nasty. They could be anyone's. If they were a woman cheating or a teen not wanting parents to know what they were doing I doubt anyone would claim them. Did the description of what she had on that day include her panties?
Anyone could go to Walmart or even through someone's laundry when they were not looking at a Laundromat and grabbed a pair to toss out just for fun
Yes some teens would do it just for kicks.
To me the panties are about the same as Clint finding the cloth in the mailbox.
Just one of those things that are just too convenient
I am in the minority but I think she is still alive.
Now why she is missing I am not sure but she is either insurance someone keeps their mouth shut or left on her own to get out from under a controlling mother that wanted to relive her youth through her daughter.
Clint may have helped her leave and made up a cover story not expecting all the attention and could not keep his story together or he may be the person that knows something

I think he and Karen knew from the start what happened.

Too many odd things going on with this case to be a random murder or kidnapping
Remember if she left on her own with help from a sympathetic brother she may have had help from a cousin

A cousin who had a place in a large city that she was going to be away from for a while and may have needed a house sitter?

Holly although pretty was nothing outstanding had the type looks that she could easily blend in with the thousands of other young girls in Nashville looking for a break.
New contacts, hair color and style change and no one would ever recognize her.
Getting a new ID is not really that hard anymore. She may walk right by you and you never know it.

Clint is either a supporting big brother or a lowlife scumbag for letting sis take a fall for him

I thought he killed her at 1st But I do not think he has the guts to do it.
The vacation fund could have been a bribe to get her to come home...QUOTE

my opinion, Good common sense post..it gets my vote!!
Wonderer

Nashville, TN

#147021 Oct 24, 2013
Prayer Brings Peace wrote:
I see everything is still where it was months ago when I stopped posting. It's sad that there have been so few answers in this case.
I don't know if anyone has heard, or even if it's been posted here, as I didn't go that far back in reading the posts here but....
As strange as it sounds, my friend who lives in Decatur County near where Holly lived, saw a man carrying a cross on the highway. She felt she should give the man a drink, and took him a soda.
She and the man engaged in conversation, and the man told her that ever since he'd crossed into Tennessee,(I don't know where he came from) that Holly Bobo had been on his mind. He said that she was still alive and that she would be coming home to her family soon.
My friend had invited him to church with her that night, and he said he would love to go. He gave her his cellphone number, but when she called to tell him she was going to pick him up, it went straight to voicemail.
Only a few people saw the man, that I know of. But he WAS seen by others.
I thought this strange. I mean, who would say something like that, then just disappear? I know he felt he was on a mission from God, but....I don't know. Maybe I'm just too untrusting in my old age. LOL!
Anyway, thought you'd find this little item interesting. Hope you all have a blessed day!
When (approximate date) was this man seen?

Bradley, IL

#147022 Oct 24, 2013
ItsAFactJack-- wrote:
I remember in the discussion, way back when, that some people mentioned that panties were found in the field, along with a few other items (possibly the dollar bills with Holly's name on them. I assumed that's how they knew who the panties belonged to, possibly. This was the field that was by a forest. Somebody commented back during that discussion that these items seemed planted. After all, if it was a matter of disposing of some things, the kidnapper could have put them deeper in the woods, and they might not have been found then or ever. It seemed someone wanted these items found and connected to Holly.
Concerning Karen expressing relief over something found, I've heard it speculated now that it was everything from items of clothing, to the ring Drew gave Holly, to the phone. It looks like anything short of a message from Holly would have caused more distress than anything. Any personal item separated from Holly would seem like bad news rather than good news.
All JMOO
I do not know why you received 'bad judges' from your above post,because you are certainly correct.

Since: Jul 13

Seven Hills, Australia

#147023 Oct 24, 2013
ItsAFactJack-- wrote:
All JMOO
I agree with Ponderings comment in support of your comment aboove IAFJ - a good post.
Why

United States

#147024 Oct 24, 2013
Underwear would be a dna rich piece of clothing, fluids, hair,and skin cells. If they were hers, a dog would even hit on her scent. Karen would probablybe be able to id them, from laundering them. IMO
my opinion

Toledo, OH

#147025 Oct 24, 2013
ItsAFactJack-- wrote:
I remember in the discussion, way back when, that some people mentioned that panties were found in the field, along with a few other items (possibly the dollar bills with Holly's name on them. I assumed that's how they knew who the panties belonged to, possibly. This was the field that was by a forest. Somebody commented back during that discussion that these items seemed planted. After all, if it was a matter of disposing of some things, the kidnapper could have put them deeper in the woods,

Snipped for space

All JMOO
If the panties were found with dollars with holly's name on them, to me that would be someone sending a message that if theydid not get their money whether owed to them for whatever reason ( take your pick. Loan shark, drugs, random etc..) something would happen to holly, being panties found I would say it was a warning of rape or something sexual. But then again how the hell can someone say a pair of panties were hers for sure with no DNA on them. It could be a prankster kid doing it for kicks.

Or it could be Holly asking for more money to come home. Doubtful but at this point anything is possible

I am sorry to all you Karen fans but the woman knows lots more than she admits and is pulling the puppet strings attached to lots of other people.
I could list 20 things that she has said or done that is just seems to throw flags on her. From knowing the exact contents of a 20 yo daughters purse to getting tips on where to find the phone ( in one version of several about the phone) the vacation fund, the WOW team crap, her seemingly strong unnatural attraction to holly"s boyfriend, her reaction at school over a phone call, not taking her phone back home that morning, her alleged past affairs with students, and on and on.

I would love to see the records pertaining to all the money in the send holly away as soon as she returns home fund. Is all the money there still?
Did they keep records on how much was collected?
Who is collecting and keeping it?
Hope it's not the church and those shady preachers.
Letting a church or preacher guard cash is like leaving a fox in the henhouse.

She is the puppet master and is playing everyone. Step back and look at the whole thing as an outside just seeing it all for the 1st time or as a mystery novel.

I hope holly is alive and left in her own free will with the help of her brother who has been dragged through the mud and faltered but never gave in.
I have on several occasions accused him but now I am beginning to think he may be protecting his sister from a control freak.

Karen has from the 1st day given me the feeling she is the control type person and has something to hide.

All these supposed tips that are called in but no one can look at caller ID and get the number? Cops say their tip lines are anonymous but do not believe it. If you call any LE agency no matter the dept or reason they have all the info about where you are calling from available to them. Just like the NSA that just got outted by a whistle blower they do the same on a smaller basis.

One thing when this is over whomever writes the book and gets the movie deal will be a rich person, this could be a mini series or even a full 5 + season tv series. It has everything that gets ratings
Missing pretty white girl
Corrupt cops
Drugs
Possible internation gang. Activity
Prostitution
sex slave
Kidnapping
Murder
Female school teacher sex with students rumor
Crazy physics
Model agencies fronting sex trade
Strippers
Country music star (in her own mind at least)
Reality tv
Corrupt small town officials
Redneck hillbillies
Hunters
Guns
Crazy families
Fake SAR teams
SAR teams caught faking evidence
Crazy southern preachers and church
Jesus talking to physics
Ghosts talking to physics

All we need is a UFO and someone to start a gold mine and l the bases of most popular TV shows are all rolled into one package.

Location hidden

#147026 Oct 24, 2013
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not know why you received 'bad judges' from your above post,because you are certainly correct.
I also meant to mention that someone said at the time that the items found in the field looked like they had been laid out just so or "posed" if you will. I got the impression the items were not just randomly tossed, landing every which way.

Since the TBI has only acknowledged the lunchbox find, everything else--phone, jeans, flip flop or flip flops, panties, book pages, dollar bills, ring, etc. are all rumor.

I've always thought it was strange that both the phone and her panties were said to have been found near the concrete company. Could this have been another attempt to frame the man who found the lunch purse? Wasn't his business located near there? Can anyone who knows the area well tell me if the most reported location of the supposedly-found phone and SIM card was near the concrete company? Could both the panties and the phone have been found in separate places but near to the same business?

It gives me a little pause with the recent outburst of someone on Facebook that several of the planted clues might have been an attempt to frame someone who is now deceased? How or does this figure in to this complex mystery?

JMOO

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#147027 Oct 24, 2013
my opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
If the panties were found with dollars with holly's name on them, to me that would be someone sending a message that if theydid not get their money whether owed to them for whatever reason ( take your pick. Loan shark, drugs, random etc..) something would happen to holly, being panties found I would say it was a warning of rape or something sexual. But then again how the hell can someone say a pair of panties were hers for sure with no DNA on them. It could be a prankster kid doing it for kicks.
Or it could be Holly asking for more money to come home. Doubtful but at this point anything is possible
I am sorry to all you Karen fans but the woman knows lots more than she admits and is pulling the puppet strings attached to lots of other people.
I could list 20 things that she has said or done that is just seems to throw flags on her. From knowing the exact contents of a 20 yo daughters purse to getting tips on where to find the phone ( in one version of several about the phone) the vacation fund, the WOW team crap, her seemingly strong unnatural attraction to holly"s boyfriend, her reaction at school over a phone call, not taking her phone back home that morning, her alleged past affairs with students, and on and on.
I would love to see the records pertaining to all the money in the send holly away as soon as she returns home fund. Is all the money there still?
She is the puppet master and is playing everyone. Step back and look at the whole thing as an outside just seeing it all for the 1st time or as a mystery novel.
I hope holly is alive and left in her own free will with the help of her brother who has been dragged through the mud and faltered but never gave in.
I have on several occasions accused him but now I am beginning to think he may be protecting his sister from a control freak.
Karen has from the 1st day given me the feeling she is the control type person and has something to hide.
All these supposed tips that are called in but no one can look at caller ID and get the number? Cops say their tip lines are anonymous but do not believe it. If you call any LE agency no matter the dept or reason they have all the info about where you are calling from available to them. Just like the NSA that just got outted by a whistle blower they do the same on a smaller basis.
One thing when this is over whomever writes the book and gets the movie deal will be a rich person, this could be a mini series or even a full 5 + season tv series. It has everything that gets ratings
Corrupt cops
Drugs
Prostitution
sex slave
Kidnapping
Murder
Crazy physics
Strippers
Reality tv
Redneck hillbillies
Hunters
Guns
Crazy families
Fake SAR teams
Jesus talking to physics
All we need is a UFO and someone to start a gold mine and l the bases of most popular TV shows are all rolled into one package.
The only problem is this isn't TV, it is real life and there is a real girl missing and most of the schit you have listed is from rumors not from fact! However, there are things you say that I believe to be true and that is mainly that the Bobo's know more than they are saying and at this point the only reason I can think of them not coming forward with it is to protect one of their own.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#147028 Oct 24, 2013
Wonderer wrote:
<quoted text>When (approximate date) was this man seen?
It was approximately two weeks ago that this person was seen/spoken with.

As I stated in my OP, I don't know where he allegedly came from, but he had been walking across the state. I forget where he was headed now. I'm not even sure that he told my friend where he was going.

I just found it odd that he asked her about where Holly lived, and then said she was still alive and would be coming home soon.

There were a few people who claimed to have seen him also. Though I don't know those people personally so I can't attest to his or her honesty.

Then comes the question about why the man would tell my friend he would 'love' to go to church with her, give her his cell number, then when she called, it went straight to voicemail. Something about seems just a bit creepy to me. I don't know. It may not have anything to do with the mystery of Holly's disappearance at all. I just found it strange and thought I would share it.

Location hidden

#147029 Oct 24, 2013
<quoted text>
It was approximately two weeks ago that this person was seen/spoken with.
As I stated in my OP, I don't know where he allegedly came from, but he had been walking across the state. I forget where he was headed now. I'm not even sure that he told my friend where he was going.
I just found it odd that he asked her about where Holly lived, and then said she was still alive and would be coming home soon.
There were a few people who claimed to have seen him also. Though I don't know those people personally so I can't attest to his or her honesty.
Then comes the question about why the man would tell my friend he would 'love' to go to church with her, give her his cell number, then when she called, it went straight to voicemail. Something about seems just a bit creepy to me. I don't know. It may not have anything to do with the mystery of Holly's disappearance at all. I just found it strange and thought I would share it.
It is quite an interesting story. It will be very strange if Holly does come home soon, but wouldn't that be welcome news? Whatever the story turns out to be, and as personally angry as I would be if this turned out to be some poorly-contrived hoax, I'd still rather find out that Holly is alive somewhere than the other option.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#147030 Oct 25, 2013
ItsAFactJack-- wrote:
<quoted text>
It is quite an interesting story. It will be very strange if Holly does come home soon, but wouldn't that be welcome news? Whatever the story turns out to be, and as personally angry as I would be if this turned out to be some poorly-contrived hoax, I'd still rather find out that Holly is alive somewhere than the other option.
I agree. I still hope that she is alive. Yet, whenever I start to think there isn't any way that she could be after this amount of time, I remember the three women in Ohio that escaped captivity after ten years.

I hate to think that Holly could be in a situation like that, but if she's alive, then what else could be keeping her from contacting SOMEONE. Maybe not her family, if she left of her own freewill because of some problem. But, you'd think she'd contact perhaps her best friend or something.

This is the strangest case I've ever heard about, and I've read a LOT of true crime stories!

And, I too, think that perhaps her family knows more than they are saying. I could be wrong, but something has felt 'off' about this whole thing where they're concerned. Maybe they don't know, but there's one fact....SOMEONE knows! Let's all hope and pray that they eventually slip up and are apprehended!

Location hidden

#147031 Oct 25, 2013
<quoted text>
I agree. I still hope that she is alive. Yet, whenever I start to think there isn't any way that she could be after this amount of time, I remember the three women in Ohio that escaped captivity after ten years.
I hate to think that Holly could be in a situation like that, but if she's alive, then what else could be keeping her from contacting SOMEONE. Maybe not her family, if she left of her own freewill because of some problem. But, you'd think she'd contact perhaps her best friend or something.
This is the strangest case I've ever heard about, and I've read a LOT of true crime stories!
And, I too, think that perhaps her family knows more than they are saying. I could be wrong, but something has felt 'off' about this whole thing where they're concerned. Maybe they don't know, but there's one fact....SOMEONE knows! Let's all hope and pray that they eventually slip up and are apprehended!
I'll nearly bet the farm that there is something really, really rotten in Denmark about this case when it eventually comes to a close! None of us seem to quite be able to put our finger on it, but there's just too many things that are not right. It feels like some kind of stunt gone wrong. I feel like there is a small elite group that knows what happened. Now, they are just biding their time til some statute of limitations runs out. I don't think it was ever the original intention of somebody to keep Holly away this long, but something went wrong...maybe legal entanglements. I think it will be resolved someday, and we are going to be smacking our heads for getting caught up in such a bizarre storyline. The crazy thing is that you seemingly can't make this stuff up, but 99% of all the concocted theories around here are bound to be wrong. Question is, who got it right? Did anyone? All JMO, as usual.

Since: Jul 11

Central KY

#147032 Oct 25, 2013
ItsAFactJack-- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll nearly bet the farm that there is something really, really rotten in Denmark about this case when it eventually comes to a close! None of us seem to quite be able to put our finger on it, but there's just too many things that are not right. It feels like some kind of stunt gone wrong. I feel like there is a small elite group that knows what happened. Now, they are just biding their time til some statute of limitations runs out. I don't think it was ever the original intention of somebody to keep Holly away this long, but something went wrong...maybe legal entanglements. I think it will be resolved someday, and we are going to be smacking our heads for getting caught up in such a bizarre storyline. The crazy thing is that you seemingly can't make this stuff up, but 99% of all the concocted theories around here are bound to be wrong. Question is, who got it right? Did anyone? All JMO, as usual.
And it takes several Federal Agencies and 27 volumes of investigative materials to come to that conclusion? A $50000 reward was offered by the governors office for a case in Memphis involving murder and Hollys case was compared to a normal complicated homicide which comprised 2 volumes also the TBI is on record early this is not a hoax and Holly didnt just leave. They further stated she is still in west TN and have been looking for remains for over 2 years. I dont think you will end up beating your head against the wall on this one.

Central KY

#147033 Oct 25, 2013
GloomyRDarwin wrote:
<quoted text>
Ain't it a bitch when you don't know what the hell you're talking about but go ahead a post it anyway? Didn't think it was possible, but you are dumber than LT. Slackjaw yokel.
Not a yokel but arent you cute when you are angry. Try the warm milk and maybe Nero will sing soft kitty to relax your nerves slugger. Have anything you can prove, thats right no you dont but hang in there anyway?

Central KY

#147034 Oct 25, 2013
Fed_the_F_up wrote:
<quoted text>
Also remember the "game changer" quote by TBI Director Mark Gwyn.
BrookeBCNN Brooke Baldwin
TBI Director just told me this "significant"piece of evidence found over the weekend could be a "game changer." #HollyBobo
http://twitter.com/ #!/BrookeBCNN
I would think a "game changer" could also bring the family some relieve to remain hopeful.
What could be a game changer that 30 months later didnt change the game? How many times have a significant piece of evidence been recovered then retracted? The TBI is on record with several items they never identified as belonging to Holly, why id the lunch purse?
Wonderer

Nashville, TN

#147035 Oct 25, 2013
my opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Corrupt cops
Drugs
Prostitution
sex slave
Kidnapping
Murder
Crazy physics
Strippers
Reality tv
Redneck hillbillies
Hunters
Guns
Crazy families
Fake SAR teams
Jesus talking to physics
A few months ago I ask "Ping" if it was unusual for certain info was hidden by LE. Ping claimed to have past experience in investigation. His response was yes. That being noted, the story(s) would appear to be spotty, untrue, etc. Stones should not be cast until all the info is known. Placing blame only takes away from bringing Holly home JMO.
Wonderer

Nashville, TN

#147036 Oct 25, 2013
"Prayer Brings Peace wrote:
I see everything is still where it was months ago when I stopped posting. It's sad that there have been so few answers in this case.
I don't know if anyone has heard, or even if it's been posted here, as I didn't go that far back in reading the posts here but....
As strange as it sounds, my friend who lives in Decatur County near where Holly lived, saw a man carrying a cross on the highway. She felt she should give the man a drink, and took him a soda.
She and the man engaged in conversation, and the man told her that ever since he'd crossed into Tennessee,(I don't know where he came from) that Holly Bobo had been on his mind. He said that she was still alive and that she would be coming home to her family soon.
My friend had invited him to church with her that night, and he said he would love to go. He gave her his cellphone number, but when she called to tell him she was going to pick him up, it went straight to voicemail.
Only a few people saw the man, that I know of. But he WAS seen by others.
I thought this strange. I mean, who would say something like that, then just disappear? I know he felt he was on a mission from God, but....I don't know. Maybe I'm just too untrusting in my old age. LOL!
Anyway, thought you'd find this little item interesting. Hope you all have a blessed day!"

Two things
Hebrews 13:2 "Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares"

Matthew 18:10 "Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say unto you, That in heaven their angels DO ALWAYS behold the face of my Father which is in heaven" Quote from Jesus Christ about children-children have a guardian angel that reports directly to God.

Since: Jul 08

Lexington, Va.

#147037 Oct 25, 2013
QUOTE who="ItsAFactJack--" <quoted text>
I also meant to mention that someone said at the time that the items found in the field looked like they had been laid out just so or "posed" if you will.
I got the impression the items were not just randomly tossed, landing every which way.
Since the TBI has only acknowledged the lunchbox find, everything else--phone, jeans, flip flop or flip flops, panties, book pages, dollar bills, ring, etc. are all rumor.

I've always thought it was strange that both the phone and her panties were said to have been found near the concrete company.

Could this have been another attempt to frame the man who found the lunch purse?
Wasn't his business located near there?

Can anyone who knows the area well tell me if the most reported location of the supposedly-found phone and SIM card was near the concrete company?
Could both the panties and the phone have been found in separate places but near to the same business?

It gives me a little pause with the recent outburst of someone on

Facebook that several of the planted clues might have been an attempt to frame someone who is now deceased?

How or does this figure in to this complex mystery?
JMOO....QUOTE
"ItsAFactJack, Very interesting. Strangely every male in the area had a finger pointed at him...then the finger pointing turned into Framing..

I have always suspected the "posed panties", and planted items in plain view, comes across as being planted by a FEMALE...could a woman be behind all this???

I can't see a grown, mature, MALE even 'thinking' of planting these things, in that fashion...and then calling in the Tips..things are not what they seem...jmo
Wonderer

Nashville, TN

#147039 Oct 25, 2013
Letsthink wrote:
QUOTE who="ItsAFactJack--" <quoted text>
I also meant to mention that someone said at the time that the items found in the field looked like they had been laid out just so or "posed" if you will.
I got the impression the items were not just randomly tossed, landing every which way.
I've always thought it was strange that both the phone and her panties were said to have been found near the concrete company.
Could this have been another attempt to frame the man who found the lunch purse?
Wasn't his business located near there?
Can anyone who knows the area well tell me if the most reported location of the supposedly-found phone and SIM card was near the concrete company?
Could both the panties and the phone have been found in separate places but near to the same business?
It gives me a little pause with the recent outburst of someone on
Facebook that several of the planted clues might have been an attempt to frame someone who is now deceased?
How or does this figure in to this complex mystery?
JMOO....QUOTE
"ItsAFactJack, Very interesting. Strangely every male in the area had a finger pointed at him...then the finger pointing turned into Framing..
I have always suspected the "posed panties", and planted items in plain view, comes across as being planted by a FEMALE...could a woman be behind all this???
I can't see a grown, mature, MALE even 'thinking' of planting these things, in that fashion...and then calling in the Tips..things are not what they seem...jmo
IMO who ever did this is not a normal person (mentally). With that being said maturity & sanity goes out the door with the bath water.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Decaturville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sable Cummins 2 hr Already hit it 2
Sidebar 3 hr G Who 440
Sugar Momma Apr 23 Billy Bo Bob Brain 2
Clifton, humm (Jan '14) Apr 23 Pirate 18
pearcys (Nov '14) Apr 22 Watching17 31
why is Clifton Tn so Racist (Jun '09) Apr 22 Crappington McFar... 50
Jessica King (Feb '12) Apr 22 seriously 27

Decaturville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance