Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo A...

Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County

There are 263598 comments on the MidSouthNewz story from Apr 13, 2011, titled Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in Decatur County. In it, MidSouthNewz reports that:

Authorities in Decatur and Henderson County as well as the Tennessee Highway Patrol and Tennessee Bureau of Investigation are searching for 20 year old Holly Bobo.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MidSouthNewz.

Since: Jan 13

Bradley, IL

#143807 Aug 27, 2013
Yoshi wrote:
<quoted text>
To what you just said I have been told a story that would very much support what you said as in the find. There are several versions so which to believe I wouldn't know. I thank you kindly for your response.
I am "leaning" towards thinking the phone was not very significant. When it was first found, everyone of course got real excited, and the Bobo's expressed relief that this was a good sign. But this was just of many things that as time ticked by, proved to be not a help to solve the case. Some imagined pictures were on the phone that would cause a 'game changer', but I don't think it did. And I do NOT think this was why the searches ended.

After the SIM card was examined, my guess that all that was on it were various photos Holly had taken on it earlier, and whatever other info was on it was examined, certainly did not help authorities to find her. I also doubt that the perp had called her, or, at least he wasn't anyone who wasn't already on her phone call list. I am even questioning if she had it on her when she was attacked and abducted. If it was, her perp did not let her use it. Either he threw it out later, or, it was left behind at the house and someone later decided to toss it after removing the SIM card.
Why

Chesterfield, SC

#143808 Aug 27, 2013
Letsthink wrote:
<quoted text>
ItsAFactJack, I don't think the School Handbook is off, if it was, all students parents would know it.
What's OFF is the time K. left for school that day..I suggest that time is off by exactly half an hour.
It makes more sense if, K. left for school at 6:30 am and talked to various people while driving to school that morning.
The Sheriff said H. generally left for school between 7:00-7:30..
IF Karen left home the same time Holly left (at 7:00) WHY would Karen put Holly's breakfast in the microwave and not just hand Holly her lunch and the $20. bucks for gas on their way out??
We know she didn't do any of those things,
and cafeteria food service starts at 7:10 ..
it's a 25 minute drive, not counting finding a parking place, and putting her cell phone and purse in her class room desk, BEFORE going into the Cafeteria...
all this tells me K. left home for school BEFORE 7:00 am, more like 6:30 am....All my common sense opinion.
Letsthink can you tell me where the info about Karen having lunch duty came from, I just don't remember reading that info.

Bradley, IL

#143809 Aug 27, 2013
ItsAFactJack-- wrote:
<quoted text>
Remember the tornadoes a few days into the search? The torrents of rain, possibly hail, etc. with those storms would have wrecked that phone, IMO! And the SIM card might have blown or washed away! I'm not buying that the phone was out there all along, through days of on-again, off-again storms like we were having around that time! No, I think somebody wanted that phone found, or as someone else postulated, wanted to draw attention back toward the downtown area and possibly away from where Holly was possibly being kept! All JMOO!
Whoever swished Holly away may not have been the one who later went back to discard the phone, but whoever it was, did it to make it look like a perp from another area took her, IMO. I don't quite see his reasoning however, because all this did was to convince most of us that the criminal was from the area. I can't imagine a 'stranger' after pulling off such a crime, going back later and risk being seen tossing anything that belonged to his victim.

I think more than one person was involved in this, and if I am correct, it was because they all had a definite reason to get Holly out of the picture. Even if she was arguing with SOMEONE that morning, she knew who he was, and so did Clint.
Yoshi

United States

#143810 Aug 27, 2013
ItsAFactJack-- wrote:
<quoted text>
That phone was reportedly found on a very busy stretch of road. If the pictures are correct that I have seen, the grass was not that tall, and it looks like someone would have spotted it if it had been there long. Don't know if mowing season was in full swing, but a city mower would have chewed up both the phone and SIM card. Perhaps whoever put it there waited until it was freshly mowed, and then they dropped it and phoned in the tip, knowing it wouldn't be mowed again for a while. I don't know--I'm just trying to think how a phone and SIM card could have been found in pristine condition. Perhaps authorities thought the perp was getting remorseful for taking Holly and that the next thing they would do would be to let authorities know where Holly could be found. Maybe an accomplice had second thoughts about participating and planted the phone. It would be interesting to know who left town on Easter Sunday. JMO
It is on a main highway but away from most of the stores. It's closer to industrial places and those were closed and it was Easter too so many people were with families. Maybe during church hours when highway was not as busy it could have been left there. If the phone was thrown out there before that day it could have been near a tree or pavement or anywhere that a possible mower couldn't get to it. I'm not sure where the phone was found exactly - like grass or ditch or pavement - but if it was out in the elements long there had to be damage unless they had it under something. The SIM card didn't just fall out though especially if it had a case. I was told who found the sim by chance but confirmed, not that I'm aware of. I wonder if it had a memory card or SD in it to hold photos and music files. Questions questions questions. Not congested through there really. During work week it would be.

Bradley, IL

#143811 Aug 27, 2013
Yoshi wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah that's a good point. I don't know what kind of phone she had but if it was in an otter box or another type of case it could survive but if it was thrown out back when she was first taken I'm guessing the battery would have died. I have read where a phone call was called in to Karen, another story, the sheriff, and another, a text to Karen from that phone. If they used that phone to text or call anyone the sim was taken out afterwards so it would have had to be planted that day. Pretty gutsy. The only other way I can think of is if the phone was tossed when she was taken but they kept the sim & used it in another phone. It would show up as her number in the other phone, then planted the sim later nearby when no one was around.
And we still don't know if the rumor of a text message sent that morning is true or not. This is the one where, after LE was on the Bobo property searching for Holly that morning, and others were scattered about searching, that it was either Drew or Clint who claimed that they got a text message from her phone. Evidently they had kept trying to reach her cell when a text came back, "I'm OK". Now, I truly do NOT believe that message was from Holly; it was obviously from someone who had her phone, however. IF this is true, it was hushed soon afterwards by the media. Either authorities decided and/or knew it wasn't from Holly and it was from the perp, or, this was nothing more than a rumor and didn't happen.

Wouldn't it have been possible for anyone who had her phone, to call it on his own cell, then pick up her phone and send a text to his phone? This then would have been in the phone records when they were examined. And whoever did this, wanted to slow down the search process so that it would appear she had left on her own.
Yoshi

United States

#143812 Aug 27, 2013
Why wrote:
<quoted text>We knew the timeline didn't work, we have been dicussing it for a long time. We know the accounts have changed, some possibly explainable and others not so much.
Where did the info that she was on cafeteria duty info come from, I can't remember?
We disagree about the 7:27 call, I believe it is accurate ,and the mistake was the sheriff letting that info out. That is the time Holly should have been leaving home. IMO
If an emergency happened, someone would have kept an eye on the children, whether it was a teachers assistance, assistant principal or guidance councillor. That really isn't the problem for me.
The timeline is off, my problem is why. You would think Karen would know phone records would tell the truth. Her reaction indicates she knew something was already wrong. So is it TBI who is allowing the confusion or is Karen really this dumb. The reward and the amount of LE on site makes me believe, TBI is in control.
We see LEs reaction to the WOW team, and the TV station. TBI wasn't protecting bad information. If anyone believes that crap, I have a bridge to sell you. TBI has said, they have a ton of info related to Holly's case. I believe some if not most of the recent arrest are related in one way or another. The players are falling like dominos but they need to find Holly. IMO
If the players are falling do you think someone will crack or are they all afraid to do you think, with the assumption those are involved? There has been more house cleaning in DC lately than in years! Makes me think it could be connected. Just my very own opinion.

Bradley, IL

#143813 Aug 27, 2013
Letsthink wrote:
<quoted text>
ItsAFactJack, I don't think the School Handbook is off, if it was, all students parents would know it.
What's OFF is the time K. left for school that day..I suggest that time is off by exactly half an hour.
It makes more sense if, K. left for school at 6:30 am and talked to various people while driving to school that morning.
The Sheriff said H. generally left for school between 7:00-7:30..
IF Karen left home the same time Holly left (at 7:00) WHY would Karen put Holly's breakfast in the microwave and not just hand Holly her lunch and the $20. bucks for gas on their way out??
We know she didn't do any of those things,
and cafeteria food service starts at 7:10 ..
it's a 25 minute drive, not counting finding a parking place, and putting her cell phone and purse in her class room desk, BEFORE going into the Cafeteria...
all this tells me K. left home for school BEFORE 7:00 am, more like 6:30 am....All my common sense opinion.
Agreed. And the earliest reports - the first few weeks after Holly's disappearance, several who knew Karen were quoted as saying she always left for work between 6:30 and 7 AM. Here again...SOMETHING made this morning different from usual. And if the reason had to do with school activities, I do think that would have been reported by the media when they were trying to come up with a time line. That in itself would not have 'compromised the investigation'. But as far as we know, everything was on a normal schedule concerning the school events. And as was brought up, the weather wasn't bad, and nothing indicated that anything had slowed down the usual chain of events for that school on April 13, 2011.
Yoshi

United States

#143814 Aug 27, 2013
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
I am "leaning" towards thinking the phone was not very significant. When it was first found, everyone of course got real excited, and the Bobo's expressed relief that this was a good sign. But this was just of many things that as time ticked by, proved to be not a help to solve the case. Some imagined pictures were on the phone that would cause a 'game changer', but I don't think it did. And I do NOT think this was why the searches ended.
After the SIM card was examined, my guess that all that was on it were various photos Holly had taken on it earlier, and whatever other info was on it was examined, certainly did not help authorities to find her. I also doubt that the perp had called her, or, at least he wasn't anyone who wasn't already on her phone call list. I am even questioning if she had it on her when she was attacked and abducted. If it was, her perp did not let her use it. Either he threw it out later, or, it was left behind at the house and someone later decided to toss it after removing the SIM card.
I found a link and I don't know how to link it but I'm going it try. If it doesn't this is the key part that it said.

2. A SIM Card holds valuable information about the subscriber besides his/her phone number, ie:
Text Messages
Phone Contacts
Last number called with time/date
And More!
NOTE: A SIM Card does NOT hold Pics or Video-PERIOD

http://cellularforensics.blogspot.com/2009/03...

And the searches had already ended. They got this tip and called in people again. Remember bobo family was going to go thank the searchers had they were too emotional and tip came in. They were worried some of the searchers could have been informing people who did it. I was told that anyways. Maybe I read it I can't remember.

Since: Jul 11

Central KY

#143815 Aug 27, 2013
BubbaZUP someone pmed me that knows you, he said to say hi to your kin in Darden/Parsons. Assuming they read here hi BubbaZup kinfolk. Any idea what he meant by that? Does that play into your theory of cell phones growing legs and walking off to the wild blue yonder? I guess Karens stop at the bathroom was noted on your gps minute by minute tracking as well? Thanks for the advice though I will file it with your other suggestions, no wonder the septic system is slow.
Yoshi

United States

#143816 Aug 27, 2013
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
And we still don't know if the rumor of a text message sent that morning is true or not. This is the one where, after LE was on the Bobo property searching for Holly that morning, and others were scattered about searching, that it was either Drew or Clint who claimed that they got a text message from her phone. Evidently they had kept trying to reach her cell when a text came back, "I'm OK". Now, I truly do NOT believe that message was from Holly; it was obviously from someone who had her phone, however. IF this is true, it was hushed soon afterwards by the media. Either authorities decided and/or knew it wasn't from Holly and it was from the perp, or, this was nothing more than a rumor and didn't happen.
Wouldn't it have been possible for anyone who had her phone, to call it on his own cell, then pick up her phone and send a text to his phone? This then would have been in the phone records when they were examined. And whoever did this, wanted to slow down the search process so that it would appear she had left on her own.
Yeah they could do that but it would ping and also that number would be traceable to owner or to ping unless it was just one of the prepaid ones. I don't really agree with it being very convincing that she left on her own since blood was left at the scene. I don't think she would go that far & draw her own blood and leave it. Don't know though. I don't think that message saying I'm ok was from her either.
Why

Chesterfield, SC

#143817 Aug 27, 2013
Yoshi wrote:
<quoted text>
If the players are falling do you think someone will crack or are they all afraid to do you think, with the assumption those are involved? There has been more house cleaning in DC lately than in years! Makes me think it could be connected. Just my very own opinion.
I think someone is talking, Is it the one who can afford a good attorney?o Is it theone that has to cut the best deal he can on his own, more or less, who knows? I just think someone is talking, we aren't talking about keeping your mouth shut and pulling a few years. This is serious and the one who can tell where that last clue is, will get the best deal. I think they may be turning names in but obviously haven't given up the big info. Just my opinion.

Bradley, IL

#143818 Aug 27, 2013
JER29 wrote:
BubbaZUP someone pmed me that knows you, he said to say hi to your kin in Darden/Parsons. Assuming they read here hi BubbaZup kinfolk. Any idea what he meant by that? Does that play into your theory of cell phones growing legs and walking off to the wild blue yonder? I guess Karens stop at the bathroom was noted on your gps minute by minute tracking as well? Thanks for the advice though I will file it with your other suggestions, no wonder the septic system is slow.
Why would anyone PM you concerning anyone's kinfolk in Parsons? LOL! YOU live in central Kentucky... do YOU have kinfolk in Decatur county? Hmmmmm......

Central KY

#143819 Aug 27, 2013
Pond actually I do have a relative buried in the area. My daughter lived around Lex and Jackson for 4 years, until 2005. She lost a 5 weeks old son to syds, thus my interest initially in this case. As to why someone would PM me you would have to ask them or the many others that have done so.

Bradley, IL

#143820 Aug 27, 2013
JER29 wrote:
Pond actually I do have a relative buried in the area. My daughter lived around Lex and Jackson for 4 years, until 2005. She lost a 5 weeks old son to syds, thus my interest initially in this case. As to why someone would PM me you would have to ask them or the many others that have done so.
My sympathies concerning you losing your grandson. Every time I had a newborn, I worried myself sick about the possibility of SYDS. Now I worry whenever a grandchild is first born.

As to why others might PM you in a negative tone concerning ZUP or anyone else for that matter, it is to start rumors and gossip if that person has theories that conflict with his - that in itself would mean nothing. As far as whether or not ZUP has relatives or acquaintances near Parsons, he will have to speak for himself. Many on here do not, including myself.

Central KY

#143821 Aug 27, 2013
Pond thank you for your comment. As far as the person that pmed me He posted here a few times in 2011 and I am unaware of his theories so it may not conflict with Bubbas, Im not sure. He did have a list of names that I havent seen discussed here before, but he can post that instead of me.

Since: Jul 08

Lexington, Va.

#143822 Aug 27, 2013
Ponderings wrote:
<quoted text>
My sympathies concerning you losing your grandson. Every time I had a newborn, I worried myself sick about the possibility of SYDS. Now I worry whenever a grandchild is first born.

As to why others might PM you in a negative tone concerning ZUP or anyone else for that matter,

it is to start rumors and gossip if that person has theories that conflict with his - that in itself would mean nothing.

As far as whether or not ZUP has relatives or acquaintances near Parsons, he will have to speak for himself.

Many on here do not, including myself....
Ponderings, I agree!!
It's an obvious move on someone's part to get rid of ZUP by using JER as the mouthpiece...as far as I'm concerned it should be an insult to JER's intelligence to think this poster could USE him to start rumors about another poster....jmo

Bradley, IL

#143823 Aug 27, 2013
Letsthink wrote:
<quoted text>
Ponderings, I agree!!
It's an obvious move on someone's part to get rid of ZUP by using JER as the mouthpiece...as far as I'm concerned it should be an insult to JER's intelligence to think this poster could USE him to start rumors about another poster....jmo
And, it all is a 'moot' point anyway. Who cares? Unless those PMing him are insinuating that ZUP or one of his relatives/acquaintances are the ones who abducted Holly.

It is easy for any of us to PM another poster and tell lies. No one knows who most of us really are, so it makes it a hot bed for spreading rumors. Any one of us could tell a 'good one'; like;

"Well, my first cousin has a friend who lives in Parsons who says he knows who "JERR" is, and that although he pretended to be part of the search party, the reality is that he knows who took Holly and is part of a drug ring that is involved in all of this."

See what I mean? And the longer a case drags on unsolved, the more likelihood of all kinds of crazy stories will be passed around, most of which will be false concerning this crime, because the public has been told so very little....simply put, we know very few facts since the day of her disappearance.

Central KY

#143824 Aug 27, 2013
Pond no insinuations were made only he and his wife have relatives around Darden. Interesting the amount of defense you offer and to think you went hmmmm. After I found this persons post I wouldnt have come to those conclusions but I guess you and LT know more about it than me. In the meantime it fits in my interesting folder, nothing more. By the way he didnt say anything to run Bubba off and had some good info on the A.N.

Bradley, IL

#143825 Aug 27, 2013
JER29 wrote:
Pond no insinuations were made only he and his wife have relatives around Darden. Interesting the amount of defense you offer and to think you went hmmmm. After I found this persons post I wouldnt have come to those conclusions but I guess you and LT know more about it than me. In the meantime it fits in my interesting folder, nothing more. By the way he didnt say anything to run Bubba off and had some good info on the A.N.
Well, that's fine. But of course no one for sure can detect the 'tone' of 'voice' while reading posts; it's just that your post came across to me as trying to lessen ZUP's credibility. If that was taken in the wrong way, then I apologize. But for the most part, ZUP does a good job at defending himself, lol! I don't agree with him on all aspects of his theories, and I am sure he does not agree with all of mine.

Since: May 13

United States

#143826 Aug 27, 2013
ItsAFactJack-- wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry to hear that, Panda! I just hate it when the whole family gets sick, and it seems like a lot of that is starting before Fall is even here. It's bad enough when Ima Jo and I are sick, but when the kids, Wind, Sun, and Wind II, are ill, it's almost unbearable. Get well, soon!
Thanks jack!

I haven't even read Topix since Sunday! You know I must REALLLLY be sick!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Decaturville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
When will there be justice for Wesley? 18 min MyNametoo2 3
Now that's it's over.... 31 min Alj 2
Kristie Baugus (Oct '11) 34 min MyNametoo2 46
Natalie Bobo / Holly Bobo? (Aug '11) 46 min Lorna Reynolds 858
Zach Adams trial 57 min Alj 165
holly Bobo's Relatives... 1 hr In the know 18
Dylan Adams 1 hr Alyssa 32

Decaturville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance