Bad gas and a poor neighbor....

Bad gas and a poor neighbor....

Posted in the Decaturville Forum

yancyd

United States

#1 Aug 3, 2008
8 July 2008 purchased 12 gal. Premium gas from the BP in Scotts Hill, TN. Pumped very slow. Paid and didn't make it a mile and my truck was sputtering and than stopped. Switched tanks (have dual tanks) and the truck drove with no problem. After 8 miles and only 2 blocks from home, switched back to new gas. Same thing truck almost died. Pulled th tank off. Fuel filter was filthy. Emptied out the gas. Nasty! Looks toxic. 4 different colors and layers. Talked with owner/manager who runs the station. His quote,"NOT MY PROBLEM" AT LEAST 6 TIMES HE SAYS THIS. Than he shows me a list of numerous phone numbers and says, "write your number down". Ok, I start doing this and another employee or relative says he wants me to copy a number down. Which one?
He prints out a piece of paper and writes a number on it. I call. Private citizen has no clue about BP station. I go back. Our neighbor the owner/manager again points to sheet of numbers but will not tell me which one. Again I tell him about the gas. He doesn't care. "Call a number, not my problem." I wrote one down for maintenace. No reply yet. Contacted Memphis authorities. They will conduct a check. They have before. If water is at the bottem of the tank and gets to much mixed with ethanol...Go online...States that it becomes toxic. Not always caught on standard check. I saved over 5 gallons of it. It is bad. It is discussing that this person, runs a business in our town and takes no responsiblity for it. I asked him if he lived in Scotts Hill. He said, "yes". The truth, I don't know. I told him, "if you live here you shouldn't treat your neighbors this way". He said "Not my problem". Also if you run a business, stand by it. I spoke with a business owner in Lexington. Another man will not buy gas from Scotts Hill BP. It caused all sorts of problems with his farm equipment. He lost his patience and got in a shouting match with the Scotts HiLL BP owner/manager to no avail.
I have pictures of my trucks gas tank, inside and out, the fuel filter and the gas. Will be having more than 1 party testing the gas to see whats in it. Will not buy anything from Scotts Hill BP again. Questions, contact us at [email protected] yancyd
joe

Cedar City, UT

#2 Aug 19, 2008
Thanks for the heads up! I will keep this in mind when I am in Scotts Hill.
dude

Clarksville, AR

#3 Sep 1, 2008
man gas is shipped from place to place!!!!!he may have bad tanks though........
Tam

Quincy, FL

#4 Dec 10, 2008
Well whose problem is it if it isn't the owner's who is selling the bad fuel? Gees ...
yancyd

Quincy, FL

#5 Apr 26, 2012
yancyd wrote:
8 July 2008 purchased 12 gal. Premium gas from the BP in Scotts Hill, TN. Pumped very slow. Paid and didn't make it a mile and my truck was sputtering and than stopped. Switched tanks (have dual tanks) and the truck drove with no problem. After 8 miles and only 2 blocks from home, switched back to new gas. Same thing truck almost died. Pulled th tank off. Fuel filter was filthy. Emptied out the gas. Nasty! Looks toxic. 4 different colors and layers. Talked with owner/manager who runs the station. His quote,"NOT MY PROBLEM" AT LEAST 6 TIMES HE SAYS THIS. Than he shows me a list of numerous phone numbers and says, "write your number down". Ok, I start doing this and another employee or relative says he wants me to copy a number down. Which one?
He prints out a piece of paper and writes a number on it. I call. Private citizen has no clue about BP station. I go back. Our neighbor the owner/manager again points to sheet of numbers but will not tell me which one. Again I tell him about the gas. He doesn't care. "Call a number, not my problem." I wrote one down for maintenace. No reply yet. Contacted Memphis authorities. They will conduct a check. They have before. If water is at the bottem of the tank and gets to much mixed with ethanol...Go online...States that it becomes toxic. Not always caught on standard check. I saved over 5 gallons of it. It is bad. It is discussing that this person, runs a business in our town and takes no responsiblity for it. I asked him if he lived in Scotts Hill. He said, "yes". The truth, I don't know. I told him, "if you live here you shouldn't treat your neighbors this way". He said "Not my problem". Also if you run a business, stand by it. I spoke with a business owner in Lexington. Another man will not buy gas from Scotts Hill BP. It caused all sorts of problems with his farm equipment. He lost his patience and got in a shouting match with the Scotts HiLL BP owner/manager to no avail.
I have pictures of my trucks gas tank, inside and out, the fuel filter and the gas. Will be having more than 1 party testing the gas to see whats in it. Will not buy anything from Scotts Hill BP again. Questions, contact us at [email protected] yancyd
I must apologize :( I have been running on this same tank of gas for nearly four years!! It was a special gas nobody else had and I didn't realize it!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Decaturville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can you believe Heather West chose man over kid? 3 hr Parent of one of ... 10
Orange and black truck (Jun '16) 4 hr Dopey county 3
White HHR on pentacostal hill? 4 hr Dopey county 3
News Authorities: 20 Year old Holly Bobo Abducted in... (Apr '11) 7 hr Dont Drink The Ko... 251,273
Petition to fire CAN'T WIN QUINN 7 hr Gethimout 5
city of clifton (Sep '12) 15 hr Depressed Barndrunk 35
Beech Bend Park (Jan '12) Sat TimG 49

Decaturville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Decaturville Mortgages