Miss Priss

Mount Holly, NC

#1 Mar 22, 2012
Does anyone know of a good attorney in this or any of the surrounding counties for family law, specifically custody disputes?
rtoodtoo

United States

#2 Mar 22, 2012
I would use Trey Winder if I was you. He helped me tremendously. Whatever you do don't use Rogers. All they want is money then tell you there's nothing they can do.
Miss Priss

Mount Holly, NC

#3 Mar 22, 2012
That's what I have been hearing about them. I really need someone who can put up a good fight in court. It's gonna be a pain! Does Mr. Winder fit the bill?
rtoodtoo wrote:
I would use Trey Winder if I was you. He helped me tremendously. Whatever you do don't use Rogers. All they want is money then tell you there's nothing they can do.
rtoodtoo

United States

#4 Mar 22, 2012
Yes he does. He fought tooth and nail for me and I got the outcome I wanted and needed for my kids. He has children himself and is very passionate about fighting for what is right for them.
Miss Priss

Rockwell, NC

#5 Mar 25, 2012
I sure hope you're right. My old one wasn't a fighter nor compassionate about the case. Thank your for the advice.
mrlaw

Bulls Gap, TN

#6 Mar 25, 2012
Use paul smith, he has the pull in the courthouse and will not wipe out your savings.
Miss Priss

Iron Station, NC

#7 Mar 25, 2012
Thank you mrlaw, for your input, but I will add to this that the dollar figure isn't an issue. I just absolutely need someone who can fight. I need the type of person that can tell me the sky is green and make me believe it. I'm not from here so finding the right person has been tough, and you don't want to put this type of case in the hands of just anyone. Have you had positive experience with Mr. Smith? I suppose what I am asking is, can he put up a fight? I know both attorneys mentioned are Mcminn county, and the jurisdiction for this case is Meigs. Does that change any recommendations?
yaright

Montréal, Canada

#8 Mar 25, 2012
FYI, I don't have anything good to say about Mr. Smith. To be fair to him, it was not about a custody issue, but a simple power of attorney for healthcare. I was not impressed.
rtoodtoo

United States

#9 Mar 26, 2012
Mr. Smith is usually a mediator in child cases and seems to pretty much "go with the flow" so as not to "upset the applecart" if you know what I mean. He isn't a fighter at all. Mr Winder would be by far the best choice.
Miss Priss

Rockwell, NC

#10 Mar 26, 2012
I'm definitely in need of a fighter. I need someone who isn't afraid to rock the boat and give em heck. I know my case is strong already, but it helps to have a strong person represent you. Are there any other suggestions than the two mentioned?
Miss Priss

Rockwell, NC

#11 Mar 26, 2012
I'm just wanting to weigh my options. I also heard that Sally Love out of Cleveland is good. Does anyone have a take on that from experience?
Adventure time

Prosperity, SC

#12 Mar 26, 2012
What type of "custody dispute" are you dealing with? Ex- husband, ex-boyfriend, DCS? What court is hearing the case? Do you have custody, or are you trying to obtain custody? All the Attorneys listed would do a good job. The facts of your case are much, much more important than whether your Attorney is a "Fighter" or is not "Afraid to rock the Boat". Have you had an Attorney before? Go with someone you feel comfortable with and who will tell you the truth, not just what you want to hear.
Miss Priss

Charlotte, NC

#13 Mar 27, 2012
I just wanted to get an idea of who could best represent me in a custody case. I do have custody, but as far as the specifics go, I'm not saying. I am trying to find someone who won't just tell me what I want to hear, which is why I started this thread. You can typically gauge a persons character by how everyone else views them and honestly, I don't have time to consult with every attorney in town to find what will work for me.
Adventure time

Black Mountain, NC

#14 Mar 30, 2012
Who have you used before? Would give me a better idea as to who to recommend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Decatur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
charlie jenkins (Jul '09) 2 hr Waitress 31
What do southerners hate about northerners? (Jun '12) 2 hr Wisco 468
The prostitutes 3 hr Unknown 1
Ronnie Raper (May '12) 4 hr Rex 12
Dottie Oliver (Oct '14) 12 hr Checkme 18
Corey Cox....AGAIN?? 13 hr true 2
criminal cops 14 hr black lives matter 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Decatur Mortgages