Getting pulled over by the police

Posted in the Decatur Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 08

Clinton, Illinois

#1 May 26, 2009
How many people have been pulled over for DWB(Driving While Black)and under what circumstances ?
LadyWoman

United States

#2 Jun 1, 2009
subyighi wrote:
How many people have been pulled over for DWB(Driving While Black)and under what circumstances ?
JUST YOU and it was for other reasons too.

Clinton, Illinois

#3 Jun 2, 2009
LadyWoman wrote:
<quoted text>
JUST YOU and it was for other reasons too.
You're so enlightened, what might those reasons have been ?
Guest 7

United States

#4 Jun 3, 2009
subyighi wrote:
<quoted text>You're so enlightened, what might those reasons have been ?
Could it be: driving too slow, driving too fast, no lights on, no blinker on, crossing the line, weaving in and out, broken tail light, bright lights on, no seat belt, going the wrong way, illegal turn, gosh........there is so many more reason. NOT because you are black. Police pull you over for many reasons. You could fit the description of someone they are looking for or your car could fit the description of one they are looking for. STOP trying to blame it on the "poor me, I'm black".

Clinton, Illinois

#5 Jun 4, 2009
Guest 7 wrote:
<quoted text>
Could it be: driving too slow, driving too fast, no lights on, no blinker on, crossing the line, weaving in and out, broken tail light, bright lights on, no seat belt, going the wrong way, illegal turn, gosh........there is so many more reason. NOT because you are black. Police pull you over for many reasons. You could fit the description of someone they are looking for or your car could fit the description of one they are looking for. STOP trying to blame it on the "poor me, I'm black".
STOP trying to act like it doesn't happen and I will. You know how many times I've been pulled over because of...I'm a black man in a corvette ? Or, because of the neighborhood in which I live, I get stopped because, I guess they think that a black man couldn't possibly afford to live here ?
LadyWomen

United States

#6 Jun 7, 2009
It does happen. BUT stop trying to act like you think it only happens to you. Grow up and get your big boy pants on. Only way to stop it is call the chief and ask him about it.

Clinton, Illinois

#7 Jun 7, 2009
LadyWomen wrote:
It does happen. BUT stop trying to act like you think it only happens to you. Grow up and get your big boy pants on. Only way to stop it is call the chief and ask him about it.
Never not once said it only happens to me. Nor have you ever been around me to see me act like it to make that assumption.

When you get out of the training bra and get those gaps in your teeth fixed, lemme know.
MofoUAintJayZ

Springfield, IL

#8 Jul 6, 2009
subyighi wrote:
<quoted text>Never not once said it only happens to me. Nor have you ever been around me to see me act like it to make that assumption.
When you get out of the training bra and get those gaps in your teeth fixed, lemme know.
If the DPD only pulled over black people, over half these idiots out here wouldn't be driving. Edward street would be quiet! I wouldn't have to go around someone parked in the middle of the street because it's convenient to use as a fucking parking lot.

Don't play the "Wah, i'm black and the police hate me" card. I'll play the "wah, i'm a young white woman in a big blue oldsmobile who gets taken for one of these wannabe gangbanging drug dealers and gets pulled over".

Clinton, Illinois

#9 Jul 6, 2009
MofoUAintJayZ wrote:
<quoted text>
If the DPD only pulled over black people, over half these idiots out here wouldn't be driving. Edward street would be quiet! I wouldn't have to go around someone parked in the middle of the street because it's convenient to use as a fucking parking lot.
Don't play the "Wah, i'm black and the police hate me" card. I'll play the "wah, i'm a young white woman in a big blue oldsmobile who gets taken for one of these wannabe gangbanging drug dealers and gets pulled over".
If it was a caddy or some other type of donk, you could possibly play that card.

Also, I've never said the police hate me. You know how many times I've been told that I was pulled over because of IFTD(I fit the description)? Or how many times I've been stopped just because I live in a certain neighborhood where cops didn't think a black man could afford to live there so they pull the..."let's stop him and see why he's in a neighborhood where we KNOW hedoesn't belong" card. Just becasue I drive a BMW or a Vette, I get stopped just because a black man couldn't possibly be driving one of those, legally, right ?
Rose

Saint Charles, MO

#10 Jan 11, 2010
I saw a man, in work clothes, carrying a backpack, get stopped by the police. They searched him and his bag, then said that there was some suspicious behavior being reported in the neighborhood and they wanted to know if had seen anything. At that time I lived on Edward (unfortunately) and this was right in front of my bedroom window (on the sidewalk). So tell me, they had to search him to see if he had "seen anything suspicious"? He had a uniform on and carrying a lunch pail in his hand. Looked like he was walking home from the factory or whatever Mueller is. I'm white and I saw it all the time. I now live in Wabash Crossing, but I am sure it is going on still.
AbsGirl

Flushing, NY

#11 Jan 11, 2010
I was driving down the middle of town and a cop pulled me over for driving a suspisous vehicle. 2007 Dodge Caliber tinted windows. Did I mention I am white. I am 31 and I have work for DMH for several years. And I get pulled over cause I am suspisious. Didn't have my radio on and said I was blasting my radio. Yeah I think everything in this town is corrupt. Just glad I don't live here.
BAD GLARE

Decatur, IL

#12 Jan 11, 2010
black or white the COPS have the real gang here so look out if the boys in blue want you they will get ya
AbsGirl

Flushing, NY

#13 Jan 12, 2010
Yeah one day those that don't follow the law they are hired to support those boys in blue will be the boys on orange. Lmao
MAGNET

Troy, IL

#14 Jan 19, 2010
Wouldn't it be nice if the cops just quit stopping everybody. Then every frickin', dopin', gangbanger, wannabe, no matter what color you are, could be free to do whatever, whenever you please. Wouldn't that be a perfect world.
AbsGirl

Mattoon, IL

#15 Jan 19, 2010
No what would be nice is for cops actually pull people over that are breaking a law.
MAGNET

Troy, IL

#16 Jan 19, 2010
AbsGirl wrote:
No what would be nice is for cops actually pull people over that are breaking a law.
Any time you feel you were unjustly detained, whether on a traffic stop, or while walking, you have legal recourse to take the incident before a judge. If you were arrested, given a citation, illegally searched (in your opinion), and you don't feel the actions of the officer(s) were justified, you have the right, as an American, to have your case heard in a court of law. The first step you must take is to report it to the officer's agency and file a written complaint. Be sure to get a copy of your complaint for your records. Take someone with you as a witness to your filing of the complaint. Be sure you have the officer's name and badge number, if possible. Be sure to document the date, time, and location of the incident in question. Request records of any prior, or similar complaints filed against this same officer. These records must be provided for you under the new public record laws. Document the date and time you filed the complaint and who you spoke with at the police department about the complaint. All of this information is necessary to get anything done. Your next step would be to hire an attorney, if you cannot afford an attorney, seek help from organizations, such as the ACLU, Rainbow Coalition, or your church. Help can also be found on the internet. Next you need to be patient, very patient. Your case is filed as a civil court proceeding. A ruling in your favor, if it actually goes to court (it could be settled out of court), could end in nothing more than a suspension of the officer in question. A lawsuit, with a monetary award, is another possiblity. The whole process is very time-consuming. The important thing is do not let this type of activity go by, with nothing done about it, other than complaining on one of these discussions. This accomplishes nothing. Enough complaints, followed up by civil action through the courts, filed against this same officer, or group of officers, will eventually cause administrative officials with this law enforcement agency to start heads rolling. It would be in your best interest to behave in a calm, civil manner, showing respect and dignity, throughout this entire process. Any emotional outbursts, by you, or any supporters (family, friends) can only hurt your case.
AbsGirl

Mattoon, IL

#17 Feb 7, 2010
I always contest traffic cases. There is a camera on their dash for a reason. So you and the officer get the story straight on court.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#18 May 5, 2011
I lived there for 4 yrs as a single mom and I'll tell ya... it seemed like I was getting pulled over atleast twice a week coming from work. It's MONEY they want , they don't give a shyt what color/sex you are ! Get over it ...
MofoUAintJayZ wrote:
<quoted text>
pmpm2011

Elgin, TX

#19 Jun 7, 2011
God I'm tired of listening to people say they get pulled over cause there black or something happens cause there black. It's not cause your black. The only reason you say that is because you have nothing else to bitch about so you always have to bring up that your singled out because your black. If I said I got pulled over cause I'm white how friggin stupid would that be? Look here black people I'm not racist but god I friggin get tired of hearing it....k I'm done
Staley bears

Elmhurst, IL

#20 Mar 1, 2013
More like you got pulled over for driving while being a douchebag. Somebody call a whambulance for the crybaby.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Decatur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Maple Auto Mar 28 Trish C 1
Melissa Jones Arrest-Criminal Sexual Abuse (Nov '08) Mar '15 ray 388
girls of decatur (Jan '12) Mar '15 VERY Happily marr... 7
please anyone know of any wellers Mar '15 slim5684 1
Looking for Pat Feb '15 Michelle Wilson T... 1
Masterbating while driving (Sep '13) Feb '15 really 3
News Rauner blasts labor unions for state's woes Feb '15 right to live too 3
More from around the web

Decatur People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE