Decatur records 7th murder

Decatur records 7th murder

There are 18 comments on the Herald & Review story from Apr 25, 2006, titled Decatur records 7th murder. In it, Herald & Review reports that:

A 20-year-old woman became Decatur's seventh apparent murder victim of 2006 about 5 a.m. Tuesday when she was shot and killed in her residence at 993 E. North St.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Herald & Review.

fre

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Apr 26, 2006
Why is it everytime, there are crimes committed with black on black crime(s), Decatur Police can't find any leads, but when it's a black person VS. a white person-Decatur Police all of a sudden seems to on top of things!!!!!
Khristina

Mount Vernon, IL

#2 Apr 26, 2006
This was my cousin. She was only a couple of months older than me. I didn't really get to know her very well and I just can't believe that now I will never get that chance. I just really have some mixed feelings and it's crazy. I miss her, I've always missed her, but I was never able to see her due to the cercumstances she was in. I hate what the world has come to today I really do.

And to you fre from mo. y i don't know but im sure glad they did. Everyone deserves to have justice, that don't mean you should get on here and dog the police and ppl b/c they were able to figure it out. Maybe b/c all the clues were there and there was no problem. who knows all i know is i don't have a cousin anymore and whoever this animal was that did this deserves to burn in hell!
Khristina

Mount Vernon, IL

#3 Apr 29, 2006
the man wasn't black!
bigcat

United States

#4 Apr 30, 2006
Khristina? are you related to mike rob? cuz that was his daughter. that's my guy but he's goin thru a hard time right now.
Khristina

Mount Vernon, IL

#5 May 3, 2006
Ya, I'm his brother Bruce Robb's daughter!
Courtney L Carson

Springfield, IL

#6 May 31, 2007
I am late read the heart felt testimony from my sister in faith, but their is a spiritual dimension that we must consider relating to the cause and effects that take place in Decatur. The question that we must ascertain is where are in faith and what are we doing about it? What are we doing with the precious time that God has permitted. How do we respond to the local leaders willingness to stand separate in silence versus share a voice that will speak for the people of Decatur so that we can approach the cancer of violence with a strong prognoses. I am sorry for what has happened to your cousin, but i am more hurt because i did not do anything for the matter to be prvented
Stay Blessed and Productive!
Jason Reinhardt

Darien, IL

#7 Jun 17, 2007
Blessed be the work of the lord sucka. Avoid the kung foo chop and turn yoself in to da lord. The police (pronounced poe-lease) only respond to black people crime because all dem cops make money driving squad cars and freelancin as security officers at Steak and Shake. I seen them and know they be there when I get my extra sides cause I know the cook on Eldorado and Perhing. This would not have happened if they was eatin at the Shake.
Jim

Chillicothe, OH

#8 Jun 17, 2007
Jason Reinhardt wrote:
Blessed be the work of the lord sucka. Avoid the kung foo chop and turn yoself in to da lord. The police (pronounced poe-lease) only respond to black people crime because all dem cops make money driving squad cars and freelancin as security officers at Steak and Shake. I seen them and know they be there when I get my extra sides cause I know the cook on Eldorado and Perhing. This would not have happened if they was eatin at the Shake.
There is no Steak and Shake on Eldorado dumb ass.
Darrell

Darien, IL

#9 Jun 18, 2007
Jim, U be da dumbass sucka. Jay Reinhardt is the baddest black brother up in this mother. Dopn't confuse him fo that wwf guy who be putting on the shows at the masonic tempura.
Roxie

Bellevue, WA

#10 Jun 21, 2007
your spelling makes me ill
Mia

Chicago, IL

#11 Sep 9, 2008
I knew her... We attended the same school together.. I'm 1 year older than her... I don't know what to think right now. I hope she may rest in peace... I can't believe she's gone... I hope they find whoever has done this 2 her and her family... that is so sick what that person has done... I can't stop thinking about that pain she must have gone through...

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#12 Nov 16, 2008
Where I just moved from in Texas, we get 7 murders in a month or less. And it's not Dallas or Houston. I just moved from a city of almost 1.5 MILLION and this place is a vacation.

I DO NOT mean to belittle someone's loss but, take comfort in knowing that where they are, there's no more pain or suffering.

Peace
Amanda Decatur IL

Decatur, IL

#13 Dec 9, 2008
Why is it everytime somthing goes wrong or in an unexpected way everyone ALWAYS tries to make it a rascist thing? cant everyone just get over the fact that YES their is rascism still around im not going to deny that but its not like it used to be. it doesnt control 95% of the worlds lives like it used to! SO GET OVER YOURSELVES! its rich VS. poor now. and if everyone would OPEN their eyes and quit dwelling in the past you would all SEE it!
Amanda Decatur IL

Decatur, IL

#14 Dec 9, 2008
THIS IS WHAT IM REPLYING TO:
fre
Ballwin, MO
"Why is it everytime, there are crimes committed with black on black crime(s), Decatur Police can't find any leads, but when it's a black person VS. a white person-Decatur Police all of a sudden seems to on top of things!!!!! "

Why is it everytime somthing goes wrong or in an unexpected way everyone ALWAYS tries to make it a rascist thing? cant everyone just get over the fact that YES their is rascism still around im not going to deny that but its not like it used to be. it doesnt control 95% of the worlds lives like it used to! SO GET OVER YOURSELVES! its rich VS. poor now. and if everyone would OPEN their eyes and quit dwelling in the past you would all SEE it!
DARREN COLE

Savoy, IL

#15 Dec 11, 2008
419 APRIL 19
Marcusarealius

Maryland Heights, MO

#16 Jan 4, 2009
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>There is no Steak and Shake on Eldorado dumb ass.
Well actually there used to be dumbass!!!
Roosevelt

Chicago, IL

#17 Sep 15, 2010
Yo mama be eaten deem chezboogers with lots of baking dat shitt gets mi peoples ruffed and kilt man. Decatur crazy man dude.
Al Asad Mujahid

Greensboro, NC

#18 Oct 15, 2011
You are not very observant to what is going on in the world culturally or politically. When the United States has taken it upon themselves to throw billions of dollars into India's only exportable natural resource which is Education and then import them (Indians) into the United States to fill almost 40% of the tech jobs. Why doesn't it invest in putting more money into its own education system? What about the fact that every single construction site I visit is using 85% Mexican skilled and unskilled labor. Or, why the hell haven't we seen Obama addressing any of the problems that face Americans of African descent? Instead he tells the congressional black caucus to stop whining, but on your boots...(which was really a statement addressed to all black people.) I mean from what perspective are you viewing America today, from your own personal feelings of guilt? Oh, how come the United States gave billions of dollars to the victims of the Holocaust (Whom the U.S. saved from total destruction) through programs, grants etc., and are now developing programs to educate Illegal Mexican Aliens in the United States and all the the Africans received for the rape and murder of 200 or more million of Africans was a formal apology? What's that? You don't think everything is about race? Really? I'm from Decatur, I've been through the system, I lived on the Dark side gang banging and all that right there in Decatur. I know the cops are crooked and take pay offs and set people up. I stood on the block after Rodney King was killed (Macon Street) and watched six squad cars roll up and those fools jump out grinning, trying to provoke us. I know that politics and the fat cat Decatur Clubbers and Country Clubbers in Decatur are the reason why Crack is King and Industry is failing. You don't really know...you live in a dream world. And black folks in D-Town, yall are ridiculous...turning guns on each other like that, young bloods you live a fantasy world trying to be what you see on tv...you suffer from an identity crisis. Find yourself...Free Your Self.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Decatur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Aug 17 SisterMarie 109
Parental Abduction by Shannon Klaska of Madison... Aug 6 Hey Dummy 5
Teen Challenge Exposed! (Jul '07) Jul 31 Dhoward 143
Tess Ann Kramer (Jul '16) Jun '17 ChiTownClown 2
Willie Lee or Curtis Lee Jun '17 Daisy West 1
Marvelle Harper (Jan '10) May '17 Mamma T 4
Rent a house on the lake. Mar '17 dField 1

Decatur Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Decatur Mortgages