CVS PHARMACY treats employees like trash
worshawskiet billie

Sonoma, CA

#217 Jun 18, 2013
What about that place what used to throw out drugs in the evening just to film the homeless eating the stuff and then showing the films at church? This is awful.
anonymous

Marlborough, MA

#219 Jun 27, 2013
I am currently employed by CVS and I can definitely agree that the treatment of the employees is terrible. I have worked numerous jobs prior to CVS and none of them can compare. Working at a restaurant was hard work, I agree, but both the treatment and pay were far better than CVS. Customers didn't seem as disrespectful or ignorant when they walked into the restaurant as they are purchasing items here. I am also educated for a far better position, but due to this economy, have had a hard time finding something in the field I specialize in. I receive lower wages than most of the photo technicians I have trained and do the work of a photo supervisor, cashier and merchandiser. We are consistently understaffed and overworked with no incentive. District managers visit often with false promises for raises and better employee treatment. They get angry when our "scores" are low, yet do not recognize any employees who have gone above and beyond. Most employees are poorly trained because of lack of hours. The company now allows for any form of coupon to be used regardless of expiration dates or whether they're for the products they're purchasing. This company is rewarding ignorance and poor behavior from the consumers just to pad their pockets a little more while employees are being verbally abused or worse. CVS is a nightmare.
willard f x2226

Sonoma, CA

#220 Jun 27, 2013
we dont want to go to mexico to become the last stand. I dont know what will happen if we stay but the blessed reverend says that all true christians must now leave the country as the amenmints is all screwed up and there shouldnt be more than #2 of them. living in mexico can be hard on ma as she dont like the super burrito at any way. she will goit to fish and save and all that again. Where is this durango at? It is a car that the mexicans named the place after and that is where all true christians is going to go for the last stand aganst becoming froots and lebitans. I was just starting to get some from the goth girl and now this craps.
consumervaluesto re

Los Angeles, CA

#221 Jul 14, 2013
Current employee. Digging up the dirt n whatnot. Follow me on imstagram @CVS_exposed. Just started, but I'm fed up with the company. Giving the community a look on the other side of the counter. If u have anything u wanna post feel free to email me [email protected] might start a blog soon.
Pissed Off

Vacaville, CA

#222 Jul 16, 2013
I just went through some horrible fallout regarding the Wellness Review bullshit. For those who don't know, the Wellness Review is a medical review we had to take, otherwise our medical insurance cost would go up an extra $50 a month. If you work in an area with a CVS that has a Minute Clinic, you can get it taken care of free of charge. I do not live in an area with a Minute Clinic, though I used to. Instead, I had to go through a local medical group. Not a big deal, HMO covers it as preventative. The problem is, I hadn't changed primary care physicians by the time the deadline came up.(I tried, but insurance delays resulted in it happening afterwards) As a result, I had to go through the PPO portion of my plan. As a result, I recently got a bill for over $180 for what would otherwise be free. I call the medical provider, insurance, HR department, and advocates group, and they all claimed that either they didn't like my chances on getting it corrected, or that they just couldn't do squat. I even went to the store manager about compensation! He said to talk to HR. I already had.

I am beyond fed up. Surely something about this is criminal!!! Why should I have to pay over $180 when other branches have it guaranteed free?!
acting manager in control

Irvine, CA

#223 Aug 3, 2013
So we now have a new acting manager...well he has been hitting on a few of our younger prettier girls. They have come to me complaing about him so I called it in. Nothing has happened. So then a customer called dm about how empty our seasonal is..r we moving. Well this acting mgr said oh its transition from summer to backtoschool......this took him 3 wks. His lazy excuses work with corporate. Then if we get behind (because of no help from him) he calls in girls from other stores to help. This is because he doesnt want to work. So when dm asks about his overtime he just replies"its due to his crew" why doesnt the dm ask the employees about there managers. They would learn a lot more about them. I have checked other stores about this acting manager...they say they have called in on him also. He flirts with the young girls...calls them to office to bs....etc. he also has told a few of us that if he were incharge of hiring he would not hire women. This man is an
embarressment to all managers. He has had me work on my lunch hr which I told him im on lunch.
Cvs has made him an arrogant lazy mager by believing anything he says ...
I have respect for many managers..they due a lot and have a lot of responsabilities. Very hard for them. Our jobs are tough enough as it is also. God we thank you for our jobs. But this is inexusable behavior
Southern california
manny

Waukegan, IL

#224 Aug 19, 2013
HEY , my gf works as a assistant manager. And they work her like a horse. There has been times where someone from night shift calls in and she would stay and work 20 hours... Wtf is that ? And she never takes a lunch or a break cuz she is always so busy and her manager doesn't do shit.. she even does most of his work.
F*** CVS
Corey wrote:
I worked at CVS as a store level shift supervisor for about 2.5 years. I have held a few different retail jobs and this was by far the worst. As a shift supervisor i was paid 10.00 per hour. Not bad right? Well considering what my job description was it sucked. I was responseable for the following...
-payroll
-schedualing
-counting and balancing cash registers
-prepairing daily deposits
-driving to the bank to make the deposits(which i was not paid mileage for)
-training new employee's
-working with pharmacists
-overseeing pharmacy tech's
-running the photo lab
-ordering product
-recieving shipments
-stocking product
-weekly counts of product in the stock room
-weekly counts of product on the shelves
-pricing product
-setting planograms
-cleaning the store
-checking in vendors
-overseeing front store operations
-cashiering
-giving cashiers their breaks
-and handling customer complaints
And i had to do all of this with only 1 cashier to help me. And what happens if that cashier calls in sick? I have to do ALL this on my own which ringing up every customer that comes into the store.
But surely with all this resposeability i was treated respectfully by the members for corporate right? NO! I wasnt a person to them, i wasnt even a number to them. In the eyes of corporate CVS, all of its store level employees are nothing but profit loss that must be minimalized at all cost.
Our store was never given enough hours to function. When a shift supervisor is working then the store manager is not working because the shift supervisor functions as a store manager (but without equal pay of coarse), meaning the grand total of front store employees in the store at any given time was JUST 2!!!! TWO EMPLOYEES!!! TWO!!!! TWO EMPLOYEES TO RUN THE ENTIRE FRONT STORE!!! Not only is that dumb, its just not safe. What if a robber see's that!? And if my cashier were to call in sick, I would be the only person working up front for all 8 hours of my shift, which is even dumber. A company should never put its employees in a position where that is possible.
In conclusion, if anyone out there is looking to work for store lever CVS, please i beg you, look somehwere else for your own sanity. Because what ive said here is only the beginning. The 2 faced people from coporate combined with never getting over 35 hours and store equipment that was built by the lowest bidder will slowly chip away at your sanity untill one day you shoot yourself or everyone in the store
Adonwumpaone

Phoenix, AZ

#225 Aug 27, 2013
CVS pharmacy Employee wrote:
The Pharmacy manager is so scatter brained. She should pay more attention to her job then playing with her cell phone while assisting clients/and filling medication. Her name her name is Deborah REMBLAKE. Don't go to this pharmacy for a FLU shot or Medication (99th Ave and Peoria in Arizona). Pharmacy manager doesn't care!!! She only cares about her social life...
Yup maybe she. Can get her head out her ass to Iike this comment.
Adonwumpaone

Phoenix, AZ

#226 Aug 27, 2013
anonymous wrote:
I am currently employed by CVS and I can definitely agree that the treatment of the employees is terrible. I have worked numerous jobs prior to CVS and none of them can compare. Working at a restaurant was hard work, I agree, but both the treatment and pay were far better than CVS. Customers didn't seem as disrespectful or ignorant when they walked into the restaurant as they are purchasing items here. I am also educated for a far better position, but due to this economy, have had a hard time finding something in the field I specialize in. I receive lower wages than most of the photo technicians I have trained and do the work of a photo supervisor, cashier and merchandiser. We are consistently understaffed and overworked with no incentive. District managers visit often with false promises for raises and better employee treatment. They get angry when our "scores" are low, yet do not recognize any employees who have gone above and beyond. Most employees are poorly trained because of lack of hours. The company now allows for any form of coupon to be used regardless of expiration dates or whether they're for the products they're purchasing. This company is rewarding ignorance and poor behavior from the consumers just to pad their pockets a little more while employees are being verbally abused or worse. CVS is a nightmare.
And I quote I like this comment also happens here on Hawaii cvs. Someone should stand up to the damn owner and change these fri ken policies or do something useful instead of us being spit on. I also work for the company I better watch out I feel the management Might want to get rid of me because I'm such a hard ass worker for the liquor department. Favoritism is a bitch. I'm just doing my thing.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#227 Aug 27, 2013
All of you complainers must work for CVS because you can't get a job with another company. If you can qualify for another job why not work for another company instead of complain and whine? This whining and doing nothing about your problem is evidence of an inferior IQ.
Recently gave notice

Elizabethton, TN

#230 Sep 15, 2013
lighteredknot wrote:
<quoted text>
I would suggest you seek employment elsewhere. Acquire skills to prevent anyone treating you as you have charged.
If you remain at this place you must place the blame where it belongs, on yourself. We are free to work where our skills allow us, good luck. Bless your little heart.
When I started work in 1993 I went to work for revco, this was before cvs bought out revco. I've worked for this company for 16 yrs and have always enjoyed my job especially being able to work in my home town where I grew up and I know the customers and they know me but about a year and half ago I had to make a hard decision weather to transfer from my store to get more hours. Acting on good faith and what I had been told about the store it would be good for me. I was told the pharmacist in charge was good to work for and the manager as well but I found out without with in 3 months of being there I had made an awful deciission on my transfer. The write ups started over every single thing that was medical related and under the care of a physician within their scope of practice. Everything was backed by all the doctors notes and restrictions if any. But instead of wanting to working with me all they wanted to do was screw me. I was told by the pharmacist in charge that my doctors excuses weren't worth the paper they were written and even tho I had these excuses they weren't cvs approved. Well I disagree and I'm sure any attorney and judge would feel the same way. As for the manager at this store he is the most spineless person I have ever seen in my life. He doesn't know how to think for himself, he has to to call the DM or pharmacy supervisor who doesn't even know how to do her job, all she is doing is biding out her time until she can retire. The pharmacist in charge is rude to customer and is very unprofessional to her her pharmacy techs. They are all afraid to call in sick because she throws such a fit. I have been harassed by her by text messages by her calling me from her home while off duty and calling from work while she was at work. I finally had enough and give my notice when I took my medical leave. Now just waiting to see what an attorney has to say about all this bs and harassment.

Since: Sep 13

United States

#231 Sep 17, 2013
anonymous wrote:
I am currently employed by CVS and I can definitely agree that the treatment of the employees is terrible. I have worked numerous jobs prior to CVS and none of them can compare. Working at a restaurant was hard work, I agree, but both the treatment and pay were far better than CVS. Customers didn't seem as disrespectful or ignorant when they walked into the restaurant as they are purchasing items here. I am also educated for a far better position, but due to this economy, have had a hard time finding something in the field I specialize in. I receive lower wages than most of the photo technicians I have trained and do the work of a photo supervisor, cashier and merchandiser. We are consistently understaffed and overworked with no incentive. District managers visit often with false promises for raises and better employee treatment. They get angry when our "scores" are low, yet do not recognize any employees who have gone above and beyond. Most employees are poorly trained because of lack of hours. The company now allows for any form of coupon to be used regardless of expiration dates or whether they're for the products they're purchasing. This company is rewarding ignorance and poor behavior from the consumers just to pad their pockets a little more while employees are being verbally abused or worse. CVS is a nightmare.
well if u wanna make extra working at cvs then email me for more details,([email protected]).
Wrote-Up

Buffalo, NY

#232 Sep 24, 2013
I was just wrote up for not collecting enough e-mail addresses. What a crock of SHIT

Since: Sep 13

United States

#233 Sep 26, 2013
looking for retail workers who wanna make some extra money.
dennnnnnn

Marion, IL

#235 Nov 9, 2013
they have the worst pharmacy we have ever used in west frankfort illinois,they are hateful and rude and if they tell you 30 minutes you might as well count on an hour at least. even when we call ahead of time we still have to wait at least 30 minutes .
Neesbooty

Bronx, NY

#237 Dec 5, 2013
Wrote-Up wrote:
I was just wrote up for not collecting enough e-mail addresses. What a crock of SHIT
I was recently written up for calling out, the last time I called out was 2 years ago!! And the reason was because I compromised the business. Didnt know they expected you to compromise your health instead! They're a bunch of Dicks!! Anyway I quit and found another job the same week. Sometimes it just takes a leap of faith, cvs sucks monkey balls.
anna

Brooklyn, NY

#238 Dec 22, 2013
If working for 20 cents a year raise and working 110 hours because everyone quit because the store is going under and corp says its sending help and after a year later no one comes and now we have outside management fron toys r us that is trained by cvs hitler school and is egotistical anal retentive has no respect for crew only corperate parrot
r u kidding

Brooklyn, NY

#239 Dec 22, 2013
When the store is sinking they will use you until you drop then comes new anal retentive management that walks around like a mayor and acts like the store saver and is not a working manager because he doesn't dare get dirty and has hs hench men do his bidding do not listen to you only chasing the customers on his ego trip
Mark beddau

Swansea, UK

#240 Jan 7, 2014
Hey guys. I set up and maintain ihateworkinginretail.blogspot.com . A daily rant/update to life in the retail world from an employees perspective. You can also vote for the worst retail company in the world on this Site. I would really appreciate it if some CVS employees can pop across, say hi and follow me for further updates as I really need some support to get my word out there. Thanks in advance
The guru

Tucson, AZ

#242 Feb 3, 2014
CVS pharmacy Employee wrote:
The Pharmacy manager is so scatter brained. She should pay more attention to her job then playing with her cell phone while assisting clients/and filling medication. Her name her name is Deborah REMBLAKE. Don't go to this pharmacy for a FLU shot or Medication (99th Ave and Peoria in Arizona). Pharmacy manager doesn't care!!! She only cares about her social life...
your dumb

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Decatur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stop Jeff Sessions, This Hick Has to Go Back Ho... 15 min General Robert E Lee 44
News Atlanta mayor to Trump: 'John Lewis an American... 25 min troll 29
Free at last 55 min Doravillian 2
John Lewis 2 hr he ugly 2
John Lewis is NOT a civil rights hero! He's a U... 3 hr Chimichanga 2
Harold V. Jones II: Senate Corruption & Embezzl... 4 hr Politician Exposed 3
News Fact-Checking Trump's About AtlantaBy PunditFac... 14 hr DR X 14

Decatur Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Decatur Mortgages