djmaster wrote:
Go OBAMA!!!
Please, go!

“I Offer You Truth!”

Since: Jul 07

Tampa, FL

#6175 Mar 4, 2013
Truthful facts:

Gas prices are controlled by oil companies, oil and gas speculators, supply and demand, the actions of OPEC and a number of other factors...none of which ANY President, including the present one, has a hand in.

Read my posts if it is the truth you actually seek.
BS Is Called

Dallas, TX

#6176 Mar 5, 2013
DapperDave wrote:
Truthful facts:
Gas prices are controlled by oil companies, oil and gas speculators, supply and demand, the actions of OPEC and a number of other factors...none of which ANY President, including the present one, has a hand in.
Ever hear of the EPA, and their impact on energy resources, and the President's involvement with that department?

“Yet another average white man.”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#6177 Mar 5, 2013
I'll neve understand why leftists complain about gas prices. They are supposed to be geting higher, it's the only thing that will drive innovation. If gasoline was $1 a gallon it would drive the economy to new heights and solve many of our problems. But it would totally screw our environment. And I'm not talking about "global warming" or any of that newspeak for an old problem. I am speaking directly to pollution. Pollution is something we can see, smell and taste and it is not a nebulous, pseudo-scientific theory, it's a proven fact.

Only by making pollutants expensive as he|| will we ever see REAL innovation. Only by reducing demand can any one person justify their complaints about the cost of energy. As long as I see leftists getting out of stretched Hummers and Limousines, I know they are talking from both sides of their face.
Grobbbbbbbb

“I Offer You Truth!”

Tampa, FL

#6178 Mar 5, 2013
Grob Hahn wrote:
I'll neve understand why leftists complain about gas prices. They are supposed to be geting higher, it's the only thing that will drive innovation. If gasoline was $1 a gallon it would drive the economy to new heights and solve many of our problems. But it would totally screw our environment. And I'm not talking about "global warming" or any of that newspeak for an old problem. I am speaking directly to pollution. Pollution is something we can see, smell and taste and it is not a nebulous, pseudo-scientific theory, it's a proven fact.
Only by making pollutants expensive as he|| will we ever see REAL innovation. Only by reducing demand can any one person justify their complaints about the cost of energy. As long as I see leftists getting out of stretched Hummers and Limousines, I know they are talking from both sides of their face.
Grobbbbbbbb
Agreed!!...except for the "leftist" ranting - as if only leftists complain about gas prices or ride in gas guzzling vehicles.

It's refreshing to see you post something other than race-baiting nonsense. Are you feeling out of sorts?

Location hidden

#6179 Mar 5, 2013
DapperDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed!!...except for the "leftist" ranting - as if only leftists complain about gas prices or ride in gas guzzling vehicles.
It's refreshing to see you post something other than race-baiting nonsense. Are you feeling out of sorts?

I take for granted that extreme rightists drive huge rolling metal mountains. I see them commuting into Atlanta in a 2.5 ton dually with nary a scratch or a speck of dirt on it and them in a suit.

While I'm a bit of a tree hugger at heart, I also know we have more trees in the US now than we did 2 centuries ago. We also have a LOT of oil and gas in the ground. Leftists say it has to stay to keep the environment clean, rightists say we have to milk every last drop so their buddies can make a buck. I've always been a centrist on the issue.

As for race issues, I still see them, sure. But anyone who think we're no better off than we were in the 60s must have recently emerged from a coma. And anyone who thinks we'll ever go backward is just plain foolish. The bulk of the racism I hear out loud these days is directed squarely at me, an old white man.

What's foolish about that is that I was a baby when the Freedom Riders arrived in Alabama. Yet I am held up as the source of so much grief. Just because I am an old white man. THAT is racism at it's core. I'm hated for my color first. So I DO know how it feels.
Grobbbbbbbbb

“I Offer You Truth!”

Tampa, FL

#6180 Mar 5, 2013
Grob Hahn wrote:
<quoted text>
I take for granted that extreme rightists drive huge rolling metal mountains. I see them commuting into Atlanta in a 2.5 ton dually with nary a scratch or a speck of dirt on it and them in a suit.
While I'm a bit of a tree hugger at heart, I also know we have more trees in the US now than we did 2 centuries ago. We also have a LOT of oil and gas in the ground. Leftists say it has to stay to keep the environment clean, rightists say we have to milk every last drop so their buddies can make a buck. I've always been a centrist on the issue.
As for race issues, I still see them, sure. But anyone who think we're no better off than we were in the 60s must have recently emerged from a coma. And anyone who thinks we'll ever go backward is just plain foolish. The bulk of the racism I hear out loud these days is directed squarely at me, an old white man.
What's foolish about that is that I was a baby when the Freedom Riders arrived in Alabama. Yet I am held up as the source of so much grief. Just because I am an old white man. THAT is racism at it's core. I'm hated for my color first. So I DO know how it feels.
Grobbbbbbbbb
Okay, it's quite obvious somone has hacked into Grob's topix account and is posting under his name. This can't possibly be Grob's doing...the last couple posts have actually made some sense.

Location hidden

#6181 Mar 5, 2013
DapperDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, it's quite obvious somone has hacked into Grob's topix account and is posting under his name. This can't possibly be Grob's doing...the last couple posts have actually made some sense.

We're all inclined to preconceived notions about people, it's how we were engineered to survive. Like it or not, most humans do this. I'm often accused of being a racist when I discuss subjects people don't like to discuss. I'm more than willing to discuss race issues as I have experienced them.

My experience goes back to being packed on a bus in 6th grade to ride more than an hour to the Geo. Washington Carver 6th grade center where my classmates were 2-4 years older and not at all happy to see me coming. Why? Because I am white.

I came from a poor family, my grandfather used to bring us a big box of dented cans he got from grocery stores he serviced, many without labels, every week just to keep us alive. When I graduated from high school I had to go straight into the military as there was no money for college and no guarenteed student loan program. I left the military when I didn't make an officer training program called BOOST. I was told afterward, by my CO, that it was a program for minorities and women and I wasted my time applying for it.

Everything I have earned since I left the military has been from my own effort. Nobody laid down a red carpet for my whiteness. The one time I attempted to get food stamps I was disqualified and the lady had no problem telling me that as a white man I should be able to get a job (never mind that I had been trying for months).

While working at a pizza place I took a coworker home a number of times. He was black and lived in a "black" neighborhood. One night the cops pulled me over to ask why I was there. They didn't want to hear about my coworker and insisted that I MUST be there to buy crack. Why? Because I was white in a black neighborhood (a double dose of racism).

I actually had high hopes for Obama's presidency and for purely racial reasons. I actually thought black Americans would see that the playing field has finally been leveled, legally. I thought he might usher in a new age of American solidarity, the potential was there. But as it got closer I became cynical.

Watching him trash Hillary was a pure pleasure, until it became racial. The "because I don't look like the guys on the dollar bills" line was a cheap, racist shot aimed squarely at white Americans. And it is clear that Obama doesn't have much in common with any Americans at all, including black Americans. I don't blame him for the state of the economy, it has been a house of cards for decades.

If anything, I hope Obama brings it all crashing down so we can reset the nation and move forward again. I used to believe in the process, but watching republicans try to become democrats leads me to think that we as a nation have lost our checks and balances. All we have now are people in Washington playing games with us and using wedge issues like abortion and racism to keep us at each other's throats while they gorge on caviar served by an illegal border jumping criminal.

Americans of ANY color have NO friends in Washington.
Grobbbbbbbb

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#6182 Mar 5, 2013
djmaster wrote:
Go OBAMA!!!
While you are going, ask him about the current gas and milk prices. You might want to mention the high unemployment under his leadership.

Location hidden

#6183 Mar 5, 2013
DapperDave wrote:
Truthful facts:
You still deny the fact obama blocking the pipeline from Canada had any affect upon the cost of gas as it was predicted to have?
Barb Brenner

Canton, GA

#6185 Mar 5, 2013
Grob Hahn wrote:
Grobbbbbbbb
You are right. I also feel the same about Hollywood elite talking about how the super rich should pay a supertax. They are talking about themselves and they conveniently keep their money overseas. And they, of all people, should know money is in the masses. Hence their own fortunes one $8 movie ticket at a time.
icouldusesomehel p

Alpharetta, GA

#6186 Mar 5, 2013
icouldusesomehel p wrote:
<quoted text>
The President has absolutely nothing to do with gas or milk prices. You are either stupid (yes) or full of shit (yes).
Please go away you decrepit, racist, man-beast.
There are MANY more poster that wish you would go away.

“Brain+voice box=speak my mind”

Since: Feb 13

Seek and you'll find

#6187 Mar 6, 2013
Boots On wrote:
<quoted text>
No, remember, there is no such thing as a "cut" in the liberal agenda of the democrats.
And republicans cut these things? Hmmm....was it a proposed cut when they "offered it up" a few weeks/months ago? Didn't think so...
Boots On

Douglasville, GA

#6188 Mar 6, 2013
SoUnCool wrote:
<quoted text>
And republicans cut these things? Hmmm....was it a proposed cut when they "offered it up" a few weeks/months ago? Didn't think so...
Offered what up?

Seek and you'll find

#6189 Mar 6, 2013
lighteredknot wrote:
<quoted text>
While you are going, ask him about the current gas and milk prices. You might want to mention the high unemployment under his leadership.
<<<#idiota

Seek and you'll find

#6190 Mar 6, 2013
It was said that rebloodicans offers/suggested some cuts.
Obskeptic

Southfield, MI

#6191 Mar 7, 2013
SoUnCool wrote:
It was said that rebloodicans offers/suggested some cuts.
Thats more then the Liar in Chief has offered, which is mostly broad generalities with no specifics. Government by crisis is the most prolific evidence that we have an incompetent leader in the presidency. I love the "cuts" of the White House tours that he put in motion. He laid off unpaid volunteers and denied Americas school children the opportunity to see the White House. What a great president.

“I Offer You Truth!”

Tampa, FL

#6193 Mar 8, 2013
America's economic fortunes continue to improve under the strong leadership of President Obama.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/03/08/news/economy/...

President Obama has literally pulled the United States of America back from the brink of complete economic collapse - which is where it teetered when he assumed office.

God Bless America, and God Bless our Commander in Chief!

Location hidden

#6194 Mar 8, 2013
DapperDave wrote:
America's economic fortunes continue to improve under the strong leadership of President Obama.
http://money.cnn.com/2013/03/08/news/economy/...
President Obama has literally pulled the United States of America back from the brink of complete economic collapse - which is where it teetered when he assumed office.
God Bless America, and God Bless our Commander in Chief!
obama must take credit for everything. He can't be selective by denying the high unemployment, high milk and gas prices, exorbitant inflation, almost $17 trillion in debt, more people on food stamps and welfare than at any time in America's history, etc.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Decatur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fans sell out 'The Interview' on Christmas 6 hr Dino Destiny 1
Why White Guys Like Asian Girls (May '12) 6 hr tom 354
More ebolo 7 hr Raymond 3
Why do white people HATE Barack Obama??? (Jun '10) Thu TRUTH 991
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Thu Bently 19,568
Diaper Dave Wed Troll Tide 1
Review: Calm Flow Property Solutions Inc. Dec 23 AdaBurch 1

Decatur News Video

Decatur Dating
Find my Match