Standing up to Cosby's harsh attacks on poor blacks

Full story: Baltimore Sun 56
Like the start of baseball season and the end of the school year, Bill Cosby's rants against the black poor are becoming a perennial feature of the impending summer. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Ye Juanda Sargent

United States

#1 May 26, 2006
Bill Cosby has spoken the truth. We blame others for our failures. I am a 42 year old grandmother working on a college degree. I had the same opportunity as some of my white classmates to get a degree many years ago. I had a bad attitude and lived in financial dispair because of choices that I made, no one else. It is time for blacks to revive what our foreparents fought so hard for. I attend a university in the south where the younger generation has no respect for my generation. When I was briefly in college in the early 80's I would not dare talk around older people like I talked with my friends. Now they curse, talk about their sex lives and whatever else like I am not there. They are about to trip over their pants, keep their mouths hanging open, and a vast majority never even use the library, unless they are looking for a comfortable place to talk on their cell phone. The small black schools are integrating now. The administration in the larger schools are afraid of what is coming to their schools, because of a lack of parenting. Mothers don't want their children disciplined, but expect the teacher to rule his or her class. They leave their children with anyone who will keep them so they can go to the clubs. When you become a parent, there are some sacrifices that have to be made in order to be a good parent. Children need love, hugs, a pat on the back, and for us to be involved in their lives. When I became a mother, my children became my life. What really works? God first, family second, and the rest will fall into place.
Kenneth Choice

Parkton, MD

#2 May 27, 2006
For all of you Cosby supporters who don't have a clue what its like to grow up in some of the roughest areas in any of the top 25 dangerous cities in America (the same chaos is taking place in smaller cities as well), read THE CORNER (The HBO Mini-Series does not do the book any justice). If you can do this and tell me that you still would be able to go on the same tirade as Cosby, I would deem you to be inhumane. Everything revolves around class. This is all about class. Cosby is out of touch!
Southern Man

United States

#3 May 28, 2006
Ye Juanda Sargent wrote:
Bill Cosby has spoken the truth. We blame others for our failures. I am a 42 year old grandmother working on a college degree. I had the same opportunity as some of my white classmates to get a degree many years ago. I had a bad attitude and lived in financial dispair because of choices that I made, no one else. It is time for blacks to revive what our foreparents fought so hard for. I attend a university in the south where the younger generation has no respect for my generation. When I was briefly in college in the early 80's I would not dare talk around older people like I talked with my friends. Now they curse, talk about their sex lives and whatever else like I am not there. They are about to trip over their pants, keep their mouths hanging open, and a vast majority never even use the library, unless they are looking for a comfortable place to talk on their cell phone. The small black schools are integrating now. The administration in the larger schools are afraid of what is coming to their schools, because of a lack of parenting. Mothers don't want their children disciplined, but expect the teacher to rule his or her class. They leave their children with anyone who will keep them so they can go to the clubs. When you become a parent, there are some sacrifices that have to be made in order to be a good parent. Children need love, hugs, a pat on the back, and for us to be involved in their lives. When I became a mother, my children became my life. What really works? God first, family second, and the rest will fall into place.
Madam, God Bless you for speaking the Truth, and doing so with Dignity, Grace, and Pride. You are totally Correct with you analysis being that WE ALONE are Responsible for our OWN Success...or lack thereof. Too many people of All Races tend to "cop-out" and use every Excuse in the world to justify their own shortfalls. May the Almighty Bless and Keep you and your Children, and may he shower the Family with the Blessings you truly deserve.
Ebonee

South Bend, IN

#5 Jul 7, 2006
Homeslice you seem to be full of crap. So who do you hold responsible for what is happening to our people? The hardest thing for us as black to do is to admit that we ourselves are the problem by lack of education and knowledge of what is takes to succeed in life the "legal way". I think you should check the incarceration stats with the FBI and the crime rates in the smaller southern cities. They have increased drastically and yes, we are ding it to ourselves. So until you come with a solution to the problem DO NOT doen others for speaking what God loves...the truth!!!!!
ken

Auburn, CA

#6 Jul 9, 2006
Ebonee what in the hell are you talking about.Explain yourself in a way that makes sense or shut up!!!! Your post was fractured and chaotic making it a mindless pile of crap!!! Prepare before you post then you wont make an ass out of yourself!!!!
newnan sales

Canton, GA

#7 Jul 9, 2006
Ebonee,
Please.......I work with AfAm's all the time in my business and the ones that are successful are the ones whose Mother AND Father stayed together and encouraged them to do better.
However, many kids are being told to do the opposite by what they see in the actions of their parents.
I have a AA child whose grandparents split and the kids went to drugs and left this one on his own.
My family encouraged my growth, the AA community must step up and encourage their men to quit cheating and stay home and work and you should also keep their kids from watching BET and its sex videos from your heroes, the rappers.
Think I'm predjudiced? No, sick of watching large families like my adopted sons having child after child out of wedlock thrown into Medicaid and C & F Services, then fall apart and blame it on the White Man and his class warfare. How do Black Entrepreneurs make it?
Blame Game

United States

#8 Jul 9, 2006
Anyone who sits around whining and having pity parties for themselves, white, black, latino, whatever, needs to look in the mirror when they have to work 2, 3 jobs to barely make ends meet. We have the HOPE scholarship in this state and if you WANT IT it is there for the taking. If you would rather wait for the get rich quik scheme to fall into place, well...
clydecaddy

Ocala, FL

#9 Jul 9, 2006
I remember as a kid watching Bill Cosby on I spy and marvaling as he seemed to be one of the few black men on tv. You may love him or you may hate him, but he did come up in a time when the odds were against him in a big way. I think he speaks from experence. At the least he has made others think.
UTB

Atlanta, GA

#10 Sep 10, 2013
Most "progressive and Liberals" cannot deal with what Dr. Cosby says. Most have a defeatist attitude, and this attitude is transferred to their offspring. One only has to take a good hard look at cities ruled by the Liberal establishment, to see how they've failed. We need more Cosbys.
asd

Hawthorne, CA

#11 Sep 23, 2013
Kinda hard to be too mad at this old guy. He is from an era where as a black he prolly considered himself lucky to be in a room with white people whom he wasn't serving food or drinks. Still, he must have done a lot of "right place right time" duty because he did amass a fortune. It is sad that after his career ended and he became irrelevant, he seems to seek to recapture some bit of relevance by unfairly condemning and criticising his own people. It must be pretty easy to get up on that white horse when you've got
$50,000,000.00.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#12 Sep 23, 2013
asd wrote:
Kinda hard to be too mad at this old guy. He is from an era where as a black he prolly considered himself lucky to be in a room with white people whom he wasn't serving food or drinks. Still, he must have done a lot of "right place right time" duty because he did amass a fortune. It is sad that after his career ended and he became irrelevant, he seems to seek to recapture some bit of relevance by unfairly condemning and criticising his own people. It must be pretty easy to get up on that white horse when you've got
$50,000,000.00.
The truth can be painful, especially when spoken by someone who occupies an honorable and respected position amongst his people. That’s not necessarily a reason to relegate him to your communal trash heap. However, if that’s what it takes to make his comments seem less stingingly true, then so be it. By all means; throw him under the bus!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#13 Sep 23, 2013
The mirror is a devil to those who can't stand to view the culprit for the real cause of the problems with their lives. It is so much easier to blame others for your mistakes, but this is only a waste of your time. Get a job, master skills employees will fight over in order to have you work for them, or use them to go into business for yourself. One of my black employees and his wife worked 2 jobs each to keep their kids in a private school. One of their children now has a Harvard Law degree, and the other an engineering degree. Take another look in that mirror and realize who is in control of your life, those thugs on the street, welfare, poverty, no education, or you?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#14 Sep 23, 2013
UTB wrote:
Most "progressive and Liberals" cannot deal with what Dr. Cosby says. Most have a defeatist attitude, and this attitude is transferred to their offspring. One only has to take a good hard look at cities ruled by the Liberal establishment, to see how they've failed. We need more Cosbys.
Cosby understands, that it is all about people not taking any responsibility for themselves or their kids.....

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#16 Sep 23, 2013
Georgia Strabismus wrote:
<quoted text>
"Get a job, master skills employees will fight over in order to have you work for them, or..."
That would be "employers". You have no black employees. Yer poor, stupid and old.
Location: The GrubenKrotch family home. Hallowe’en evening 1933.
Present: Young Gaylord GrubenKrotch (aka Georgia Strabismus)and his Mother, Brunhilda GrubenKrotch.
Gaylord: Mommy can I be a monkey for Hallowe’en again this year?
Brunhilda: I don’t think so Gaylord. I’m going to need you to help out at home tonight.
Gaylord: But Mommy, you always let me go out and trick or treat as a monkey.
Brunhilda: Well there are a couple of reasons why I can’t allow that anymore Gaylord. It was fine until you turned 21 and then it became a little embarrassing.
Gaylord: Why is that Mommy?
Brunhilda: Well, first of all Gaylord, you’ve never worn a costume but everyone has always thought you were a monkey. At least they did up until last year when I got a couple of calls from people who you scared. You’ve gained so much weight that they thought you were a gorilla. Monkey’s are cute Gaylord, but gorillas are just scary.
Gaylord: Well, mommy I could put on one of your dresses and go out as a witch.
Brunhilda: Well, actually that would likely work Gaylord. You’ve been very convincing on those occasions when I’ve caught you trying on my dresses and lingerie, but I need you here tonight to help out.
Gaylord: Oh, what do you want me to do Mommy?
Brunhilda: Go out to the kitchen and get a candle. When it’s dark, I’ll light the candle. Then, I want you to stand in the front window and hold the candle in front of your face. We’re in the middle of a depression and I can’t afford a jack o lantern.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#17 Sep 23, 2013
<quoted text>
"Get a job, master skills employees will fight over in order to have you work for them, or..."
That would be "employers". You have no black employees. Yer poor, stupid and old.
Lighteredknot is so lucky to have his own circus monkey. Who wouldn’t love to be followed around by his own little primate. It would be fun to be able to yank your little capuchin monkey’s chain and get 10 minutes of convulsive, spastic dancing complete with raving, ranting, screaming, and inane bluster. Of course the fat little creature’s tendency to throw its own poop around could be problematic. I suppose a diaper, like the one Lighteredknot makes Sofa capuchin wear, does the trick nicely.
Good News

Louisville, KY

#18 Sep 23, 2013
lighteredknot wrote:
The mirror is a devil to those who can't stand to view the culprit for the real cause of the problems with their lives. It is so much easier to blame others for your mistakes, but this is only a waste of your time. Get a job, master skills employees will fight over in order to have you work for them, or use them to go into business for yourself. One of my black employees and his wife worked 2 jobs each to keep their kids in a private school. One of their children now has a Harvard Law degree, and the other an engineering degree. Take another look in that mirror and realize who is in control of your life, those thugs on the street, welfare, poverty, no education, or you?
Instead of the good news above, an immature (or jealous) reader might focus on a typo and your age.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#19 Sep 23, 2013
Good News wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of the good news above, an immature (or jealous) reader might focus on a typo and your age.
Thanks, the nut with the IQ of a simian causes me no problem with his alarm over a typo. His low IQ forbids him from grasping even an elementary understanding of my posts. They are not directed at his level of understanding, and this is another reason he becomes so irritated so easily, and allows all of us to know it. Bless is little heart.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#21 Sep 23, 2013
<quoted text>
Stalker.
Bwahahahahahahaha… Sofa hobbit is calling someone a stalker. If Lighteredknot stopped abruptly, it would take a team of 6 proctologists to retrieve Sofa’s nose from his posterior. Sofa stalker calling someone a stalker is like Charlie Manson calling someone mentally unbalanced. Now, go brush the banana slurry off your little red vest, dust off your fez, pick up your toy tin horn and start dancing monkey boy.
RIP

Louisville, KY

#22 Sep 24, 2013
lefrimod wrote:
<quoted text>Bwahahahahahahaha… Sofa hobbit is calling someone a stalker. If Lighteredknot stopped abruptly, it would take a team of 6 proctologists to retrieve Sofa’s nose from his posterior. Sofa stalker calling someone a stalker is like Charlie Manson calling someone mentally unbalanced. Now, go brush the banana slurry off your little red vest, dust off your fez, pick up your toy tin horn and start dancing monkey boy.
He's dying.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#23 Sep 24, 2013
Kenneth Choice wrote:
For all of you Cosby supporters who don't have a clue what its like to grow up in some of the roughest areas in any of the top 25 dangerous cities in America (the same chaos is taking place in smaller cities as well), read THE CORNER (The HBO Mini-Series does not do the book any justice). If you can do this and tell me that you still would be able to go on the same tirade as Cosby, I would deem you to be inhumane. Everything revolves around class. This is all about class. Cosby is out of touch! Bill Cosby grew up in the "hood" in Philadelphia. He knows exactly what he's talking about. And, by the way, Cosby has lots of "class". He does now and he did when he was living back in the hood in Philly. YOU are the one who's out of touch.
Bill Cosby grew up in the "hood" in Philadelphia. He knows exactly what he's talking about. And, by the way, Cosby has lots of "class". He does now and he did when he was living back in the hood in Philly. YOU are the one who's out of touch.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Decatur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rebecca Chase Williams 50 min Charles 1
In welcoming immigrants, congregations see future 1 hr Concerned Citizen 4
removal of silicone from body (Mar '14) 2 hr HurtingheartandBody 330
Why GOP won: Shifting white votes hurt Democrats 6 hr Donkey Ass Liberal 343
Looking for female doctor that adopted Ethiopia... 7 hr Budd 1
Obama and the muslim brotherhood 14 hr OMTE 6
Why White Guys Like Asian Girls (May '12) 15 hr tom 338

Decatur News Video

Decatur Dating
Find my Match