Why are Yankees so rude?
getoverit

Knoxville, TN

#26 Feb 5, 2012
"ya'll" got your ass whopped, "ain't" no more rebels or yankees.The union won, hence the name "United States of America".

“I am here”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#27 Feb 5, 2012
getoverit wrote:
"ya'll" got your ass whopped, "ain't" no more rebels or yankees.The union won, hence the name "United States of America".
Hey it"The USA". Was called that before the war. So hence you are a dipsh!t.

“Reality”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#28 Feb 6, 2012
icouldusesomehel p wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep telling your, your southern brethren are kinda dense...
So exactly what would be your excuse?
Yankee

Selden, NY

#29 Feb 6, 2012
I've lived in Atlanta and I found the people to be quite friendly but a bit fake. You see, a New Yorker tells it how it is and they may come off as rude. Southern people are dumb and slow but I'm now starting topics about it. It takes people down South for ever to do something. You lack drive and motovation or in other words, LAZY!
Texan

Plano, TX

#30 Feb 6, 2012
Yankee wrote:
I've lived in Atlanta and I found the people to be quite friendly but a bit fake. You see, a New Yorker tells it how it is and they may come off as rude. Southern people are dumb and slow but I'm now starting topics about it. It takes people down South for ever to do something. You lack drive and motovation or in other words, LAZY!
I guess you have plenty of motovation, whatever that is. Obviously you don't have brains enough to use spell check. Is that because you are slow, or lazy ?

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#31 Feb 6, 2012
Please wrote:
Can anyone explain their weird and rude behavior?
I believe they are rude due to the cold climate in the winter months and the high heating bills....lol

“I am here”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#32 Feb 7, 2012
Texan wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you have plenty of motovation, whatever that is. Obviously you don't have brains enough to use spell check. Is that because you are slow, or lazy ?
I vote both!!!!

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#33 Feb 7, 2012
getoverit wrote:
Hey geographically and historically challenged, there will always be a South and a Dixie.
Gloria

United States

#34 May 7, 2012
Yankee wrote:
I beg your pardon but It seems to me northerners are lazy. One need only to look at unions for that. In the south, you work or you starve. In the north, people don't work that much but still get paid. I wonder why it's so expensive there and many have to relocate somewhere else(like the south)
Gloria

United States

#35 May 7, 2012
Every time I have been in New York, people were pushing, shoving, and yelling. If it's so great, why does everyone relocate to the south? Frankly, I was surprised how poorly educated most people I met were.
Gloria

United States

#36 May 7, 2012
getoverit wrote:
Are you referencing the civil war? I'm sorry but that is lame. Yesterday, a man talked to me like I was a dog. His wife apologized to me by explaining they were from New York. It's sad.

Location hidden

#37 May 7, 2012
Gloria wrote:
Every time I have been in New York, people were pushing, shoving, and yelling. If it's so great, why does everyone relocate to the south? Frankly, I was surprised how poorly educated most people I met were.
Your comments are spot on Ms. Gloria. The age old question is, "Have you ever heard of anyone retiring to the north?". There are more psychiatrist and psychologist per capita in NY than anywhere in our country. California is in second place.
Gloria

Tishomingo, MS

#38 May 7, 2012
I know Buffalo is the suicide capital of America. Some of the people are okay but as a whole the northeast is depressing.

Location hidden

#39 May 7, 2012
Ms. Gloria, upon returning from a trip to Niagara Falls a couple of years ago I went past Buffalo, and decided to not stop. I also found it to look not only depressing, antiquated, filthy, and full of ghettos full of crime. I continued on without stopping.
Farlo Queeg

Lyons, GA

#40 May 8, 2012
Yankees are not rude. It just that most southerners ain't very bright. You can tell by SAT score and graduation.
Gloria

Tishomingo, MS

#41 May 8, 2012
Farlo Queeg wrote:
Yankees are not rude. It just that most southerners ain't very bright. You can tell by SAT score and graduation.
Migrant farm workers and immigrants skew those numbers. It is weird that on paper I should be less educated than my husbands family from New York/Jersey/Connecticut. Most of them do not understand basic finances and the only Homer they had hard of was a cartoon character.
It is so densely populated up there. I guess the circles of people I have been exposed to are on the lower end of the spectrum.

Location hidden

#42 May 8, 2012
Farlo Queeg wrote:
An excellent rebuttle to your statement would be the irrational and demented comments on this forum made by people from north of the Mason Dixon Line, and the abundance of states that casts their electorial votes for obama in the last election that were geographly located in the northern region of our country. obama's record is so bad he is only presidential candidate who has ever ran for relection that will not even run on his record.
autumn raine

Tarboro, NC

#43 Jun 25, 2012
Dwayne wrote:
Its also California that's rude, not everyone is as friendly as the south. Those transplants coming from New York and California are ruining our great city. Wheres the Southern Hospitality when we've got people coming from the rudest cities in America.. Go back to where you all came from ;) Atlanta doesn't need rude and snobby people that are all full of themselves. "ATLANTA BEST CITY IN THE USA FOR A REASON"
well said, i hate the ignorance of the yankee's that are invadin our sothern hospitality. keep your cockyness to yourself of get the hell out of here!! im sure us southerns could teach these here yankees a thing or two(:

Location hidden

#44 Jun 25, 2012
Yankee rudeness might be aligned to the amount of shootings they endure. Places like Detroit and Chicago are now murder capitals. A major job in one of these places is collecting dead bodies aka,trash. Sometimes if someone says "hello" the person receiving the greeting often thinks they are being disrespected, and often empties a 9mm in in their direction in return.

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#45 Jun 25, 2012
It's because they have no SEC football.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Decatur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Trumptanic 21,537
Michael Edmondson 4 hr Vondell 1
Abortion is Wrong 5 hr Yo Just Me Here 16
Who will be the next govener? 7 hr Audi 10
homosexuals should be banned from Topix 10 hr doo 2
What is Islam? (please read and add to your inf... 12 hr Porky Pig 5
Gangstalking.com 13 hr Marked 4

Decatur Jobs

Personal Finance

Decatur Mortgages