Why are there so many blacks in Atlanta?

Since: Aug 12

Tucker, GA

#93 Dec 19, 2012
Reverend Al Chimpton 2016 wrote:
<quoted text> You two idiots were made for each other. Maybe you can get wassup to joing the simian brigade of ignorance. Sit down clown.
The village idiot speaks again

Since: Aug 12

Tucker, GA

#94 Dec 19, 2012
Sofa King Cool wrote:
<quoted text>
One tends to be wary around here.
I understand. I wonder if some of those medicines that were all create by alllll those white men(according al aka Eric 2016) can cure stupidity? I don't think so, therefore poor al aka Eric 2016 just will have to be dumb

Since: Apr 11

United States

#95 Dec 19, 2012
Kdre wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand. I wonder if some of those medicines that were all create by alllll those white men(according al aka Eric 2016) can cure stupidity? I don't think so, therefore poor al aka Eric 2016 just will have to be dumb
lol
dominique

United States

#96 Jan 14, 2013
well duh we took over atlanta I from louisiana we alot black people live up there in so no race don't have issus with us took over atlanta because mexican in white asian they all cool with blacks down here other race love us down here in I cool with mexican in white in asian I love everybody don't matter what color you is come down to atl in act cool you be cool
Maggie

San Pablo, CA

#97 Feb 9, 2013
I am sure the best answer as to why there are so many black people in Atlanta would be a combination of factors. For starters black people are more common in the South as a whole then compared to the East coast or the Westcoast or Midwest due to slavery. Then there is the proliferation of black culture, such as with the movie ATL or Beauty Shop. The rap industry is huge in Atlanta and many people come there for that specific reason. Now in today's world it's thought of as a safe haven for black people, where they can be rich and successful and have SOME shot at equality that they don't have any where else. Shows like Real Housewives of Atlanta help to reinforce this idea. Just some ideas.

As far as the Rednecks comment I am surprised people got so upset about it. You weren't asking about white people. You were asking about the counry ass, racist, people who might make life harder for blacks in Atlanta. To address that racism has always been a problem in the South so while Atlanta is much less hospitable in that regard then New York, LA, Seattle, San Francisco etc if you are in the South is actually a safe haven of diversity. It is also thought of as the gay capital of the South for that reason. Most of the rednecks stay out in the country, not the city itself.

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Draketown, GA

#98 Feb 9, 2013
Maggie wrote:
Most of the rednecks stay out in the country, not the city itself.
Why do you think that is?

“Yet another average white man.”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#99 Feb 9, 2013
Maggie wrote:
I am sure the best answer as to why there are so many black people in Atlanta would be a combination of factors. For starters black people are more common in the South as a whole then compared to the East coast or the Westcoast or Midwest due to slavery. Then there is the proliferation of black culture, such as with the movie ATL or Beauty Shop. The rap industry is huge in Atlanta and many people come there for that specific reason. Now in today's world it's thought of as a safe haven for black people, where they can be rich and successful and have SOME shot at equality that they don't have any where else. Shows like Real Housewives of Atlanta help to reinforce this idea. Just some ideas.
As far as the Rednecks comment I am surprised people got so upset about it. You weren't asking about white people. You were asking about the counry ass, racist, people who might make life harder for blacks in Atlanta. To address that racism has always been a problem in the South so while Atlanta is much less hospitable in that regard then New York, LA, Seattle, San Francisco etc if you are in the South is actually a safe haven of diversity. It is also thought of as the gay capital of the South for that reason. Most of the rednecks stay out in the country, not the city itself.

Maybe because "red neck" is a bigoted ethnic slur, particularly the way it is employed by black racists all over the nation. It's no better than calling black people "n| g g er s". If racism really bothers you, don't do it back thinking it's OK mto retaliate.

That is exactly the thinking that has this nation gripped right now. This "payback" attitude that will only be satisfied when white people surrender themselves to become slaves. And that's not going to happen. So the sick fantasy needs to go away.

But it won't with racists like you keeping the fire going.
Grobbbbbbbbb
nonig

United States

#100 Feb 16, 2013
It's the Beverly Hills for blacks. Where would black people be if it wasn't for sports and entertainment (a quote I heard from an international student when I was in college).
Scared white people

United States

#101 Mar 21, 2013
Read Willie Lynch. All of the ignorance from this forum is a disgrace from all no matter what color you are. There is a large number of African Americans in metro Atlanta because of the opportunity for growth and prosperity. It has nothing to do with drugs and homosexuals. People should learn the truth before making a racist and sadistic remark. Its 2013, black people actually read and know that they are greater than the world that was made for them.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#103 Mar 22, 2013
Maggie wrote:
Blanket statements are made by bigots. You can't get more country than where LBJ and Jimmy Carter came from and still referred to as home. Your blanket statement labeled them as racist. Where did you study sociology and logic? Bless your little heart.

Location hidden

#104 Mar 22, 2013
dominique wrote:
well duh we took over atlanta I from louisiana we alot black people live up there in so no race don't have issus with us took over atlanta because mexican in white asian they all cool with blacks down here other race love us down here in I cool with mexican in white in asian I love everybody don't matter what color you is come down to atl in act cool you be cool
Do you teach communication skills in an ethnic centric college or do you write speeches for democrats?
Heaven

Griffin, GA

#106 Mar 22, 2013
I grew up in Atlanta in the early 60s and, believe it or not, you hardly ever saw blacks then. It was safe for children to ride the 'Atlanta Transit'(now MARTA) buses into Atlanta alone! The only time I saw blacks was in one particular apartment complex we passed by when driving to a nearby shopping center. Nice times.

Then, in the 70s, welfare blossomed and the black population exploded like roaches. They were everywhere, and most whites fled. They took over historic white neighborhoods and turned them into the urban ghetto it is today. Black officials were quickly elected and the city finished it's decent into h*ll. You can disagree if you want, and I'm sure some will, but no disputing the fact that it's no longer safe nor beautiful as it was in the 60s.

I say "let 'em have it".
historybuff

United States

#107 Mar 23, 2013
Black sux
I'm proud you know your history! Now run and tell your buddy's wives so we won't have to address those who don't education themselves to compensate for the lack of a high school diploma.

Location hidden

#108 Mar 23, 2013
historybuff wrote:
Black sux
I'm proud you know your history! Now run and tell your buddy's wives so we won't have to address those who don't education themselves to compensate for the lack of a high school diploma.
Why don't you reread this, it lacks clarity and logic? Did you study or do you teach English at a local ethnic centric "college"?

Location hidden

#109 Mar 23, 2013
historybuff wrote:
Black sux

History is no longer being studied for discovery and chronology. It is being condensed into a sentence or two for convenience. Things like "Whites came to the continent to hand out diseased blankets to kill off the natives". Sounds compelling right? However, this wasn't a mass event. It was barbaric, sure, but it only affected a few dozen people, not the entire continent. But when such an event is compressed into a sentence, the truth of the matter becomes obscured.

To make matters worse, these single, easy to read sentences are part of a larger campaign to make ALL white people look like demons. Even the ones who voted for Obama.

There's a 1-liner for you. "More white people voted for Obama than black people". That's the real truth and it fits into a sentence without deceptive agendas.

Can you see how an outside agenda is driving the interracial hatred in America? What part of America do you want? The American dream? Or the one where everyone moves apart into racial enclaves and tools up for a race war? Keep in mind that with only 13% of the population, a race war would be a disaster for black Americans. Look how they are already being marginalized by the influx of Hispanic people.
Grobbbbbbbbb

Location hidden

#111 Mar 23, 2013
sofa King Cool wrote:
<quoted text>
Race, race, race. What a fucking fool you are. I hope you family turns their back on the stone age monster in their midst. Trust me, your college age daughters are bangin' black guys and spitting on your stupid ideas. They are, Grub, they are doing things with black guys all night long! You racist garbage dump.

Once again you spew vulgarity and bigotry in your quest to end "racism". What makes you so stupid? What makes you hate white people so much? And why all the sexual fantasies? You really live up to your phony California granola personna sometimes.
Grobbbbbbbbb

“Registered Conservative”

Since: Jul 11

Draketown, GA

#112 Mar 24, 2013
Grob Hahn wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you spew vulgarity and bigotry in your quest to end "racism". What makes you so stupid? What makes you hate white people so much? And why all the sexual fantasies? You really live up to your phony California granola personna sometimes.
Grobbbbbbbbb
The "nut" is nothing more than an immature crybaby punk, plain and simple. He thinks he's being funny with his many names, but in reality they prove his behavior as deviant and vulgar. He is ignorant to the real world and he just doesn't get it. Ill bet he lives in Atlanta, and this "California" thing of his is just another one of his fantasies.
Chantel Creole

Marrero, LA

#114 May 9, 2014
Hi, I am a New Orleanean born & raise here. I have lived in East side of Marietta, & Powder Springs, GA I had really loved it out there and miss it a lot and unfortunately I had to move back here to my home here in New Orleans out here does not have a lot of opportunity for blacks like The ATL I really miss it a lot out there I have live out there for 2 years and I really, really miss it a lot Atlanta, GA make you feel at home & friendly I guess this is why they call it the peach state because I feel like i am being treated like a Georgia Peach from the start. But anyway my new husband and I just got married 9 months ago and he is from Dallas/ Fort Worth, Tx living here in New Orleans, La and he want us to move around North Richland Hills, Keller, or Grapevine,Texas but every time my daughter and I go out there with him to visit about a week we get this funny ass vibe from Texas people first and far most Texas people can't stand New Orleans people they turn their noses up at us when they find out that we are from th N.O. In the first place. White people out there in Texas look at most black people like they are racist or whatever. My question is why is it that Atlanta, GA is a better place for blacks than Dallas/Fort Worth, TX because I just do not feel welcome in the state of Texas at all, like Georgia make you feel welcome at home Texas make you feel like a bad person Texas really hate New Orleans people, but they are the bible belt state though. I rather move back to Atlanta, Georgia then to go to unfriendly Texas towards black people especially.
Chantel Creole

Marrero, LA

#115 May 9, 2014
I feel Texas is just to Damn Churchy, people out there don't know how to party and live like other places the black women don't know how to dress they don't comb and style their hair right most of them look like Susie home maker & Betty Crocker the black women out there in Texas has no sex appeal about themselves whatsoever. I need & want to be around a place where black women have high standards of looking good and taking care of themselves this is why I love Atlanta, GA because out there is the Capital of hair & Make - up. In Texas as a Black/Creole woman I feel as though I would be set back in time on fashion oh by the way Texas is my husband home town he was born & raise there. White people to me is too damn racist for me out in Texas and they are not friendly people towards black people.
Harry Balls

Cantonment, FL

#116 May 9, 2014
I always LOVED New Orleans.

AND Creole Women. Not to mention the food.

Oh wait, I just did. ;)

~~~just another white guy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Decatur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why are White cops acting like the present kkk Sep 22 John 5
Good whites vs Racist whites Sep 22 Bettie lou 5
News Georgia Council for the Hearing-Impaired To Pay... Sep 7 newagethinker 1
Review: Dorvilus, Patrick MD - Patrick Dorvilus MD (May '11) Sep 3 Harriet 4
News Bishop Eddie Long denies sex allegations (Sep '10) Aug 28 Kim 243
Are Women Interested In Using a Strapon On Men? (Dec '11) Aug '16 theCARS7879 4
Car Salesman Aug '16 melissastoute 1

Decatur Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance