Thousands take steps to fight autism

Thousands take steps to fight autism

There are 76 comments on the WXIA-TV Atlanta story from May 22, 2011, titled Thousands take steps to fight autism. In it, WXIA-TV Atlanta reports that:

The 5th Annual Georgia Walk Now for Autism Speaks in downtown Atlanta. Bernie Marcus, founder of the Marcus Autism Center, cheers on the crowd at the Georgia Walk Now for Autism Speaks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WXIA-TV Atlanta.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
FBOMBER

Winnipeg, Canada

#1 May 22, 2011
Another story that hopes people still believe there is no known cause for autism. I guess they also think people can'r read or research.
FBOMBER causes autism

Calhoun, GA

#2 May 22, 2011
People only have to research your posts on the subject to realize you think autism is caused by:all vaccines,global warming,global cooling,George W.Bush,big corp.'s greed,doctors,teachers,the American gov.'s conspiracy to commit 9/11 and generally anything from America.Sorry if I left anything out,I'm sure you'll list it in short order.
FBOMBER

Winnipeg, Canada

#3 May 22, 2011
FBOMBER causes autism wrote:
People only have to research your posts on the subject to realize you think autism is caused by:all vaccines,global warming,global cooling,George W.Bush,big corp.'s greed,doctors,teachers,the American gov.'s conspiracy to commit 9/11 and generally anything from America.Sorry if I left anything out,I'm sure you'll list it in short order.
How clever. Did I say clever, I meant stupid.
FROG

Kingston, PA

#5 May 22, 2011
I am considered to be a person with autism, or "autistic person." I do not want a cure. I have impairments which are regarded as clinically significant yet they do not outweigh the benefits of being me. Me, which the jackasses in white coats ignorantly attempt to sum up with an erroneous label and then try to say I am a pandemic, a disease, "defective" in some way as if I am like a radio that won't work. How can this be standard practice?

Anyway, I simply do not know what a cure would do to me. I am not one of the Neurodiverse idiots any more than I am pro-cure. I can't tolerate this nonsense any more. I resent the label "Autism." Sometimes I even hate myself, which is pointless and illogical. I am frustrated and tired. I just know that I am confused. I don't want a cure, yet I do have specific needs that must be compensated for by govt assistance in order for me to survive. There are people audacious enough to suggest that if I don't desire a cure if one were available, then I am undeserving of assistance in other ways. It makes me sick just thinking about it.

I don't want autism to be eliminated. One ridiculous thing people assume is that autism is one specific thing with one cause to be found and treated. In fact, "autism" is just an umbrella term for what could be many different disorders with a similar pattern of symptoms. All I know about myself is that I had not been breathing at birth. Whether that caused my "autism," I can't be sure. However, in spite of me not involving myself in any sort of autism politics, with the Neurodiversity proponents claiming that autism is simply natural variation, and this "autism" being everything I experience as a person, I can honestly say I'd be pretty disappointed to know that it all comes down to being simply a birth defect.
FBOMBER causes autism

Calhoun, GA

#6 May 22, 2011
FBOMBER wrote:
<quoted text>
How clever. Did I say clever, I meant stupid.
Said the person who used as "research" this quote: "Before I died,I was warned the vaccine would be fatal".Interviews with dead people,more proof that vaccines cause autism!!!Remember,millions and millions dead and injured,right FBOMBER?
FBOMBER

Winnipeg, Canada

#7 May 23, 2011
FROG wrote:
I am considered to be a person with autism, or "autistic person." I do not want a cure. I have impairments which are regarded as clinically significant yet they do not outweigh the benefits of being me. Me, which the jackasses in white coats ignorantly attempt to sum up with an erroneous label and then try to say I am a pandemic, a disease, "defective" in some way as if I am like a radio that won't work. How can this be standard practice?
Anyway, I simply do not know what a cure would do to me. I am not one of the Neurodiverse idiots any more than I am pro-cure. I can't tolerate this nonsense any more. I resent the label "Autism." Sometimes I even hate myself, which is pointless and illogical. I am frustrated and tired. I just know that I am confused. I don't want a cure, yet I do have specific needs that must be compensated for by govt assistance in order for me to survive. There are people audacious enough to suggest that if I don't desire a cure if one were available, then I am undeserving of assistance in other ways. It makes me sick just thinking about it.
I don't want autism to be eliminated. One ridiculous thing people assume is that autism is one specific thing with one cause to be found and treated. In fact, "autism" is just an umbrella term for what could be many different disorders with a similar pattern of symptoms. All I know about myself is that I had not been breathing at birth. Whether that caused my "autism," I can't be sure. However, in spite of me not involving myself in any sort of autism politics, with the Neurodiversity proponents claiming that autism is simply natural variation, and this "autism" being everything I experience as a person, I can honestly say I'd be pretty disappointed to know that it all comes down to being simply a birth defect.
Its great to have you post here. Your insight and opinions are valuable. Keep posting. We are all confused about autism and everything that sits under its umbrella. More work than ever is being done, and its because of the confusion and anger etc that has made it one of the most important issues we have today. Don't hate yourself or harm yourself over it. Be patient. If help, or cure is found, decide then if you want it.
FBOMBER

Winnipeg, Canada

#8 May 23, 2011
<quoted text>
Said the person who used as "research" this quote: "Before I died,I was warned the vaccine would be fatal".Interviews with dead people,more proof that vaccines cause autism!!!Remember,millions and millions dead and injured,right FBOMBER?
You might want to refrain from posting while you're drunk and high.
FBOMBER causes autism

Calhoun, GA

#9 May 24, 2011
FBOMBER wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to refrain from posting while you're drunk and high.
Remember what you said,FBOMBER: "Millions and millions killed and injured by vaccines".With that kind of compelling argument,I'm suprised you aren't running Canada by now."Millions and millions".
FBOMBER

Winnipeg, Canada

#10 May 24, 2011
<quoted text>
Remember what you said,FBOMBER: "Millions and millions killed and injured by vaccines".With that kind of compelling argument,I'm suprised you aren't running Canada by now."Millions and millions".
I didn't say millions and millions tird. I said millions. And I stand by it. So drop F'IN dead.
FBOMBER

Winnipeg, Canada

#11 May 24, 2011
<quoted text>
Get back on your meds, and have your nurse get you a puzzle to do.
FBOMBER causes autism

Calhoun, GA

#12 May 24, 2011
FBOMBER wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say millions and millions tird. I said millions. And I stand by it. So drop F'IN dead.
Remember,FBOMBER.Millions and millions.And more dying each day,right?
The good news is,there is a medical cure for your condition.The bad news? It's in the form of a vaccine!!! Ha ha!!! Millions and millions!
FBOMBER

Winnipeg, Canada

#13 May 24, 2011
<quoted text>
Remember,FBOMBER.Millions and millions.And more dying each day,right?
The good news is,there is a medical cure for your condition.The bad news? It's in the form of a vaccine!!! Ha ha!!! Millions and millions!
Part of the lunatic fringe I see. Good strategy, If you can beat him, act like an imbecile.
FBOMBER causes autism

Calhoun, GA

#14 May 25, 2011
FBOMBER wrote:
<quoted text>
Part of the lunatic fringe I see. Good strategy, If you can beat him, act like an imbecile.
Remember FBOMBER:Millions and millions.
scare tactic person

Canada

#15 May 25, 2011
FCA you are a tird
FBOMBER causes autism

Calhoun, GA

#16 May 26, 2011
scare tactic person wrote:
FCA you are a tird
Come on,FBOMBER.Using a different name doesn't make your crazy claims any more believable.Remember:millions and millions killed and injured by vaccines.Your words,right,FBOMBER?
FBOMBER

Winnipeg, Canada

#17 May 26, 2011
FBOMBER

Winnipeg, Canada

#18 May 26, 2011
FBOMBER causes autism

Calhoun, GA

#19 May 28, 2011
I'm not going to wade thru your links.I just want to know if one of the links includes your quote of "millions and millions killed and injured by vaccines",and the quote from the girl made by her after she died,blaming vaccines for her death.
FBOMBER

Canada

#20 May 28, 2011
I'm not going to wade thru your links.I just want to know if one of the links includes your quote of "millions and millions killed and injured by vaccines",and the quote from the girl made by her after she died,blaming vaccines for her death.
Translation Troll
FBOMBER causes autism

Calhoun, GA

#21 May 30, 2011
FBOMBER wrote:
<quoted text>
Translation Troll
Being a troll is the only thing that doesn't cause autism,right? Or do you have some "research" that proves it also causes autism? Remember,millions and millions,FBOMBER.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Decatur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Study finds global warming could steal postcard... 4 hr Really 2
News Thousands of demonstrators protest Trump in Atl... 4 hr Aquarius-wy 94
Organized Gang Stalking What You Need To Know (Sep '10) 19 hr Jazz 583
weed roofiess Xanies bar,Blues,oc's,molly,Ad... Sun mark 1
Decatur Music Thread (Oct '15) Dec '16 Musikologist 2
Rosetta Coy (Jul '11) Dec '16 Bill 9
News Murdered decade ago, Brandon, then 8, is still ... (Oct '07) Oct '16 YourFirstBestFriend 20

Decatur Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Decatur Mortgages