Thousands to attend Tallapoosa possum drop

Dec 31, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: MyFoxAtlanta

Some west Georgia residents were set to bring in the New Year watching a stuffed possum fall from the sky.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 32 of32
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Buchanan Georgia

Villa Rica, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since I was answering a comment about nothing to be proud of I am pleased that you have added to my comments. I have always found plenty of exciting things to do in and around Tallapoosa. I would not live anywhere else. Good clean fun can be had by anyone and if you choose to live on the wild side this can be accomplished as well. I never intended for anyone to think that my hometown was Carrollton, Douglasville, Villa Rica, or any other mid to large town. It is what it is and it is my home. I would never dream of putting down wherever you live, but if you care about Tallapoosa do more than complain FIX IT.
As to the couple that visited the possum drop. Our town was originally named Possum Snout, thus the possum drop. We use a taxidermied possum provided by our world reknown taxidermist Bud Jones. We have many events some with seating some without. I would invite you to our town for the music that we have throughout the summer or just out of town every week a blugrass fesival occurs. Yes the things we do are small townish because we are a SMALL TOWN
Roll Tide Man "would be" disappointed if he drove to Tallapoosa for the Bluegrass Festival! Where is this seating you spoke of? His lawn chair he had to bring himself? That he had to sit in and listen to the same basic thing he did on New Years but with much less people in the Georgia heat? Give the guy a break PLEASE! and me one too.
Wondering

Tallapoosa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

I live here, there are small hills NO mountains. No mountains in Villa Rica either
give up

Tallapoosa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Sofa King Cool wrote:
Hey Hillbillies!
Question: Which is tastier, possum or raccoon?
Answer..Your Momma!!!
If people have a problem go east to Atlanta and be killed by the thugs..
topography man

Ellenwood, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Wondering wrote:
I live here, there are small hills NO mountains. No mountains in Villa Rica either
You should look at a Topography map you will find Villa Rica is further East of the Appalachian Mountains than Tallapoosa. I did not make the mountains or the foothills so I do not know why Tallapoosa is located in them. But I do know that it is. Travel from Tallapoosa in any direction if you do not go up or down a hill you must be flying. Which explains why I think you are high if you think that its not in the hills.
council clown

Ellenwood, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

John In North Carolina wrote:
<quoted text>There is a difference in "Putting Something Down" and telling the truth about the situation.
The next thing you know the City Council and those appointed groups will be discussing peoples Facebook and Topix opinions like they were official city business.
Called Out

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

council clown wrote:
<quoted text>
The next thing you know the City Council and those appointed groups will be discussing peoples Facebook and Topix opinions like they were official city business.
That will be the next thing the Clayton County Schools, and Sheriff's department, will be under investigation for.

“Home In Georgia Now”

Since: Jul 07

The "City of Gold" in Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Buchanan Georgia wrote:
<quoted text>
Roll Tide Man "would be" disappointed if he drove to Tallapoosa for the Bluegrass Festival! Where is this seating you spoke of? His lawn chair he had to bring himself? That he had to sit in and listen to the same basic thing he did on New Years but with much less people in the Georgia heat? Give the guy a break PLEASE! and me one too.
Could not agree with you more. The thing I have never understood about these "concerts" is why the hell they have them on Head Avenue. Last time I checked the city built a sort of ampitheater out at Helton Howland Park off US78. There is built in seating, a concession stand and bathrooms available at that location. Seems that would be more convenient to folks who wanted to attend. But what do I know I am not a City Manager, Planning Coordinator or Better Hometown Manager/Leisure Services Director who has the power to make suggestions to the Mayor and Council.
wondering

Roswell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

I think that the planners feel as if Head Avenue is a more intimate setting with everyone fairly close to each other. I have never attended as Music is not my thing but I do believe that cultural events are important and things like this, parades and celebrations where many people from the area can gather builds us as a community
Toni

Roswell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

wondering wrote:
I think that the planners feel as if Head Avenue is a more intimate setting with everyone fairly close to each other. I have never attended as Music is not my thing but I do believe that cultural events are important and things like this, parades and celebrations where many people from the area can gather builds us as a community
I read on Facebook where someone suggested if they were going to use Head Ave. for events that they install a sound system on it an lay it out like an outdoor amphitheater. They showed drawings of how it could easily be done seating etc but I cannot find it now.
Bobby slaiter

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Topography Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Tallapoosa is located in the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains.
The range is mostly located in the United States but extends into southeastern Canada, forming a zone from 100 to 300 mi (160 to 480 km) wide, running from the island of Newfoundland 1,500 mi (2,400 km) southwestward to Central Alabama.
tell me where in tallapoosa I can find a trail head to climb into the appalachian mountains?
topography man

Roswell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

Bobby slaiter wrote:
<quoted text>
tell me where in tallapoosa I can find a trail head to climb into the appalachian mountains?
GA bike route 103 travels from Tallapoosa through the Steadman foothills area across Polk county mountain and continues thru the north west GA mountains to Gatlinburg TN

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Appalachi...
bashful bystander

Roswell, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 19, 2013

John In North Carolina wrote:
<quoted text>Could not agree with you more. The thing I have never understood about these "concerts" is why the hell they have them on Head Avenue. Last time I checked the city built a sort of ampitheater out at Helton Howland Park off US78. There is built in seating, a concession stand and bathrooms available at that location. Seems that would be more convenient to folks who wanted to attend. But what do I know I am not a City Manager, Planning Coordinator or Better Hometown Manager/Leisure Services Director who has the power to make suggestions to the Mayor and Council.
This was my first year attending this event. Not what I expected after looking at photos online about it. But I found out how it appears everyone is having a blast. Right before the possum ball thing drops they have the crowd pose for a photograph asking everyone to raise their hands and hold them there while they snap the staged shots. How fake is that?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 32 of32
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Decatur Discussions

Search the Decatur Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 36 min jeb stuart 47,900
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 43 min Fitus T Bluster 18,497
removal of silicone from body 2 hr Stupid mistake 188
Uber in Atlanta..Are you an uberX driver? Is it... (Nov '13) 2 hr John 27
Atlanta Sucks! (Feb '12) 4 hr Go Blue Forever 95
Why White Guys Like Asian Girls (May '12) 12 hr Mojica 294
From Harlem Shake to Harlem Sheikh, cultural fo... (Mar '13) 14 hr ron 4
•••
•••

Decatur News Video

•••
•••

Decatur Jobs

•••