Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Decatur Forum

Comments (Page 138)

Showing posts 2,741 - 2,760 of49,319
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
The Seals deserve the credit whether you want to give it to them or not. It happened on Obama's "watch". He just got lucky. I guess you don't give credit for the work that was done BEFORE Obama ever got into office. Bin Laden's hiding places were getting few and far between by the time your hero got there. That's it. If you want to consider him a hero, that doesn't surprise me in the least. He has you and the rest like you right where he wants you. Too bad for the rest of us.
"He just got lucky. I guess you don't give credit for the work that was done BEFORE Obama ever got into office."

Went to see the Zero Dark 30 movie last night. It was very good.

A LOT of the work, over many years, went in before the current POTUSA was elected. However, according to the movie, it was a gutsy call by the POTUSA as not everyone was convinced bin Laden was in the compound. I wonder, if the mission was a flop, how much we would have heard about it, or if the media would have let it slide...

On that (and very little else, IMHO), the POTUSA deserves credit.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>was'nt trying to 'denigrate',but you over-exaggerate!he did serve and that is more than you can say for dub!
"sr's contribution in ww2 was getting shot down in the pacific and having two aircraft carriers waste time fishing him out of the ocean" - and you call that not trying to denigrate. Boy, I 'd hate to see how you would smear someone's honorable record if you were. And I exaggerated nothing, his record and his commendations are public record.
There is no clear evidence that W did not fulfill all his Reserve obligations and the only period in question is a four month period out of a 6 year obligation. At least W actually served in the Guard, what did Clinton do?- It is astounding the manipulations and outright deceptions engaged in by Clinton's stepfather and uncle and by Clinton himself in order to avoid the draft while making sure his political future was not harmed. So on balance, I'd say W is in a far more honorable position than is Clinton.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>Well, by ALL means, please elaborate on Clinton's and Obama's distinguished military service. Waiting.....crickets chirping.... You have absolutely no cred.
I forget as Commander in Chief:

How many Americans were killed by terrorists ?

How many wars did Clinton start ?

How many countries did Clinton invade?

How many people did Clinton order killed by dropping bombs in homes and parks ?

How many Americans did Clinton assassinate ?

How many people did Clinton kidnap ?

How many people did Clinton torture ?

How many illegal "detention camps" did Clinton build ?

How many CIA secret prisons did Clinton build ?

How many people did Clinton send to Syria and Pakistan to be tortured and murdered ?

The alleged "Patriots" wanted Fascism, and they got what they voted for when they elected President Cheney ... er ... Bush.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

soros wrote:
D-ville is a broken record.
If you call telling the truth a broken record, so be it.
jeb stuart

Jesup, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then by God let's go invade Yemen, Saudi Arabia, Iran, and most Third World countries because its they are run by psychopaths. What about Somalia, Mali, and Syria. Hey, we have unlimited money to waste and we are happy to send our children to war to protect Exxon Mobil and BP profits.
Yep, instead let's invade the one Arab country that was Iran's enemy, that the Taliban feared, and that prevented the spread of Wahabi Muslims extremists sponsored by Saudi Arabia - well we have to - they won't sell their oil to the multinationals under the terms desired.
I'm sure you're not one of those who supported the wars, but refused to pay higher taxes to pay for them and never actually got around to enlisting, or sending your sons.
A Bush/Cheney kind of "patriot".
hey,hey,did you notice that i beat you to the punch on that one(but admit my reply was not as good or thorough as yours).but still,can you believe that "lived there" actually thinks that i am past my prime!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

soros wrote:
"Just got lucky" ..... you're about as brainwashed as a North Korean.
He did. Thinking otherwise is just being an Obama juicer.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
How many people did Clinton send to Syria and Pakistan to be tortured and murdered ?
The alleged "Patriots" wanted Fascism, and they got what they voted for when they elected President Cheney ... er ... Bush.
You didn't answer the question. You are just filibustering. Ya got nothin'.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>The left is ALSO obvious about being clueless, uneducated, low information voters...
- How's your 6,000 year old planet doing ?;
- Women still producing that Super Secret Anti-Spermicidal Toxin when raped that prevents pregnancy ?;
- How many nuclear warheads they find in Iraq.?
- Isn't it great the Iraq war paid for itself like Cheney promised ?
- Thank God, unlike the British and the Russians experience in Pakistan and Afghanistan, our little invasions have been a cakewalk, haven't they ?
- How long after protecting us and after preventing 09/11, did it take Bush to quickly locate and kill that damn bin Laden ?
- How are we gonna fill the millions and millions of high paying jobs that transferring all our wealth to the √ľber-rich created ?;
- How are we gonna spend that budget surplus that resulted from cutting taxes even more for the uber-rich ?
- How did that Bush theory of deregulating investment banks to prevent an economic meltdown work out ?
- how did deregulating oil companies to prevent the most massive oil spill in history work out ?
- How did downsizing FEMA to assure hurricanes would never destroy an entire American city work out ?

Yep, the Right Wing policies sure left us in great shape at the end of 2008.

It's because the Right Wing really has a grasp on facts.

Thanks a lot guys.
do that

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
The state hospital in Milledgeville called. Better hide. They are looking for you. LOL
I am sitting on the back porch of my condo in Melbourne looking at the ocean rolling in. When it gets hot I will go back to the mountains for a breath of fresh air.

As for your alter ego with the job at the hospital. Bragging about a job that is guaranteed to make money takes little skills. They take the cost and add a profit with no real threat of any cost competition. Itís just like BRMEMC, they take cost and add profit, neither one has ANY incentive to save anyone any money. Anyone with a decent adding machine could do that.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my gosh, is this a joke?????

Terrorist acts in the Clinton term: 1993 WTC bombing - 6 killed
1995 Riyadh Saudi Arabia bombing 7 killed
1996 al-Khobar towers bombing 19 marines killed
1998 US embaassies in Kenya and Tanzania bombed 224 killed
2000 USS Cole bombed 17 killed

9-11 Had the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act instituted under Carter not been strengthened to a ridiculous degree under Clinton in 1995, the FBI and the CIA might have been able to share enough information to prevent 9-11. Jamie Gorelick was instruental in that and then she serves on the 9-11 commission, great way to make sure your contributions to the tragedy of 9-11 don't get highlighted.

Talk to the people of Croatia about dropping bombs on civilians - that was Clinton's way of trying to cover all bases - appear to be taking military action while keeping our fighters so high up there was almost no chance of them getting shot down and having him get criticized by the likes of a Cindy Sheehan. But unfortunately it tends to increase civilian casualties.

Fascism -a totalitarian philosophy of government that glorifies the state and assigns to the state control over every aspect of national life. Hmmm, now which party is the one that passed nationalized healthcare, now controls two of our major automobile companies, wants to regulate an entire industry (coal) out of existence, outlawed innocuous lightbulbs in favor of lightbulbs that contain enough mercury to be considered hazardous waste and wants to raise taxes to the point that it is questionable why anyone would strive for success anymore?
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>i know,and sr.'s 'contribution' in ww2 was getting shot down in the pacific and having two aircraft carriers waste time fishing him out of the ocean!
Bush Sr. was a true man.

He served withe honor and courage, he used the military when needed, and he understood that while his peer group "milked" the middle class to get even richer, they shouldn't be allowed to "bleed" us to the point of economic death.

My department helped protect Bush Sr. and Barbara Bush several times - and he and her were class acts.
Kind, caring, genuine people.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

jeb stuart wrote:
<quoted text>i know,and sr.'s 'contribution' in ww2 was getting shot down in the pacific and having two aircraft carriers waste time fishing him out of the ocean!
I think they haven't figured out your "pimping" them.
you know it

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer the question. You are just filibustering. Ya got nothin'.
The same old tactic, he has shown your position to be a load of bull, so you just ignore whatís said and attack again. Ya got less than nothin' and you know it.
jeb stuart

Jesup, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
- How's your 6,000 year old planet doing ?;
- Women still producing that Super Secret Anti-Spermicidal Toxin when raped that prevents pregnancy ?;
- How many nuclear warheads they find in Iraq.?
- Isn't it great the Iraq war paid for itself like Cheney promised ?
- Thank God, unlike the British and the Russians experience in Pakistan and Afghanistan, our little invasions have been a cakewalk, haven't they ?
- How long after protecting us and after preventing 09/11, did it take Bush to quickly locate and kill that damn bin Laden ?
- How are we gonna fill the millions and millions of high paying jobs that transferring all our wealth to the √ľber-rich created ?;
- How are we gonna spend that budget surplus that resulted from cutting taxes even more for the uber-rich ?
- How did that Bush theory of deregulating investment banks to prevent an economic meltdown work out ?
- how did deregulating oil companies to prevent the most massive oil spill in history work out ?
- How did downsizing FEMA to assure hurricanes would never destroy an entire American city work out ?
Yep, the Right Wing policies sure left us in great shape at the end of 2008.
It's because the Right Wing really has a grasp on facts.
Thanks a lot guys.
looks like you all the "pseudo-patriots" in a swarm tonight!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I think they haven't figured out your "pimping" them.
Doesn't matter, some excrement cannot be allowed to sit there fermenting.
jeb stuart

Jesup, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush Sr. was a true man.
He served withe honor and courage, he used the military when needed, and he understood that while his peer group "milked" the middle class to get even richer, they shouldn't be allowed to "bleed" us to the point of economic death.
My department helped protect Bush Sr. and Barbara Bush several times - and he and her were class acts.
Kind, caring, genuine people.
got all the
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>Well, by ALL means, please elaborate on Clinton's and Obama's distinguished military service. Waiting.....crickets chirping.... You have absolutely no cred.
No need, they have showed their military service as honorable Commanders in Chief.

On the other hand, it was Bush and the millionaire "Swiftboaters" who denigrated our Vietnam vets by ridiculing the honors afforded them for gallantry in battle, Bush who proudly taunted the world to "Bring it on", and used our Servicemen as his political tools as he sat in a jet on a carrier beneath the big "Mission Accomplished" sign - of course, that sign was as honest as the rest of his presidency.

But hey, I've had almost two bourbons tonight watching boxing on ESPN, so maybe I'm just feeling "oatsy". Never bet against a Puerto Rican boxer.
Bored

Dawsonville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
No need, they have showed their military service as honorable Commanders in Chief.
On the other hand, it was Bush and the millionaire "Swiftboaters" who denigrated our Vietnam vets by ridiculing the honors afforded them for gallantry in battle, Bush who proudly taunted the world to "Bring it on", and used our Servicemen as his political tools as he sat in a jet on a carrier beneath the big "Mission Accomplished" sign - of course, that sign was as honest as the rest of his presidency.
But hey, I've had almost two bourbons tonight watching boxing on ESPN, so maybe I'm just feeling "oatsy". Never bet against a Puerto Rican boxer.
Boring.
Informed Opinion

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>"He just got lucky. I guess you don't give credit for the work that was done BEFORE Obama ever got into office."

Went to see the Zero Dark 30 movie last night. It was very good.

A LOT of the work, over many years, went in before the current POTUSA was elected. However, according to the movie, it was a gutsy call by the POTUSA as not everyone was convinced bin Laden was in the compound. I wonder, if the mission was a flop, how much we would have heard about it, or if the media would have let it slide...

On that (and very little else, IMHO), the POTUSA deserves credit.
Good Lord man !

First you get your news from Fox Noise, your opinions from 'Ol Rushbo, and now you believe a hollywood movie is a basis for historical analysis ?

I hope you don't see "Abraham Lincoln - Vampire Hunter".

Relax - just teasing, I'm sure that movie had some factual basis, after all there was a bad guy named bin Laden, and there is a country called Pakistan.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

do that wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sitting on the back porch of my condo in Melbourne looking at the ocean rolling in. When it gets hot I will go back to the mountains for a breath of fresh air.
As for your alter ego with the job at the hospital. Bragging about a job that is guaranteed to make money takes little skills. They take the cost and add a profit with no real threat of any cost competition. Itís just like BRMEMC, they take cost and add profit, neither one has ANY incentive to save anyone any money. Anyone with a decent adding machine could do that.
No one was bragging about a job at a hospital, were they? Please show EXACTLY where someone was bragging about a job at a hospital.

You can't come up with a salient point, so you make up $hit? Seriously? Typical...

BTW, apparently you never ran a business, particularly a hospital. To think any business, especially a hospital, is "guaranteed to make money" is (like MANY other of your comments) disingenuous, clueless, uneducated, or just plain stupid. Do a little research and see what % of hospitals are making vs. losing money.

No competition for hospitals? Are you serious? Or, just plain clueless and ignorant?

You really should only talk about stuff you know, you're embarrassing yourself (imagine that) acting like you know other stuff...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,741 - 2,760 of49,319
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Decatur News Video

•••
Decatur Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Decatur Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••