Guntersville native killed in shooting

Guntersville native killed in shooting

There are 84 comments on the Sand Mountain Reporter story from Jul 7, 2008, titled Guntersville native killed in shooting. In it, Sand Mountain Reporter reports that:

A Guntersville man was killed in a Sunday night shooting in Huntsville. The Reporter's television news partner, WAFF, identified the victim of a shooting as Samuel Frazier, 23, of Guntersville.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sand Mountain Reporter.

worried sister

Albertville, AL

#21 Jul 15, 2008
I am Sam's step-sister and his friend. I think all day about him and so badly want to know the truth about what happened that night, just like everyone else. No one in our family would ever say Sam was perfect or innocent or always made the right choices, but that doesn't change the fact that we love him and we are grieving over him. I am just trying to keep my head up for my step-mother who cries everyday and ask me how she is going to live without her sambo. I am worried about her, I am worried about how my dad is going to take care of her when I go back to school and I am worried about all those people who can say something about Sam without thinking about how it is going to hurt his family, the people who are all ready in pain. So Jay, I don't know the facts about what happened, but nither do you so will you just leave the talking to the investigaters so my family can mourn our brother's death. I love you Sam Frazier and I will miss you forever.
Stephen Frazier

Guntersville, AL

#22 Jul 16, 2008
Jay,
Please don't fabricate the story anymore than it already has been. If your talking about a white nissan titan then you are way wrong about any bullet holes being in it. As close as you and K--e are I would expect you to know more about how it all went down. Like Vee mentioned above, two families are very saddened over the situation and comments such as the one you have left show what kind of person you really are and how lost you are. You will be in our prayers as well JAY!!!!!!!!
Roxanne Frazier Green

Cullman, AL

#23 Jul 17, 2008
Thanks to everyone for all of the uplifting comments and most of all , thanks for loving Sam.
I know we have a lot of people praying for our family. This is such a tragic event but through it all, we have an awesome God who gives us strength.Bottom line is that Sam is now with his maker and in a better place than we will EVER be on this earth. Please pray for this "p-Rod" -How lost he must be to have the mind to comment such a cruel thing to a family that just lost their "baby brother". Also, keep the Wooten's in your prayers- I know they are hurting also. They will have to live with this the rest of their lives. I love you "Sambo", and I thank GOD for the time he put you here on earth.- "Your big sister"-
Lost Friend

United States

#24 Jul 17, 2008
I have to comment again. Sammy was one of sweetest and most respectful guys I knew then. I don't care about his bad decisions or crazy behavior - what matters is how you treat people and how you make people feel and Sam was a doll. He will be missed and I will pray for all these people that have made negative comments. What a sad world we live in when nasty people make hateful comments about a wonderul person that lost his life way too soon and say things that hurt a grieving family.
Friend of the Family

Decatur, AL

#25 Jul 20, 2008
Being from Guntersville,I have been reading this since the first comment that Bubba posted. I would like to see those of us that loved and cared about Sam keep it going. Let's forget the ignorance of the negative comments and remember Sam, heal together for Sam. That beautiful face and exuberant personality. It helps my grieving process just to come on here and leave a comment or just read the others. Let's remember how he cared about his friends, family and school buds!! There was so much good about Sam's life -- let's not define him by the tragic events that led to his death. Let's all keep Selina, Rocky and this loving extended family in our prayers and positive energy thoughts. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of Sam, Cody, Amanda, Josh, the Marsh kids, Big Ben and all the others that this close group of kids have had to grieve. Let's celebrate their lives and the too short time we have had their smiling faces to look upon.
Guntersville

Oxford, AL

#26 Jul 22, 2008
I just want you all to know I am praying for each and everyone of you guys. I knew Sam as a little boy and he was the most precious child. We shouldn't judge or make negative comments about Sam. We should want to help others because addiction is one of the most powerful things to overcome. Maybe we should stop pointing fingers and start looking at our on lives and how we can change and be better people for God. You all will be in my thoughts and prayers.
A friend of the family

Athens, AL

#29 Aug 6, 2008
Due to the fact that Sam was shot in the back could be a sure sign that there was a coward with a gun. Were you there SamHATER? I hardly think the word of a murderer is substantial basis for trust and loyalty unless you were also part of this action. Stop harrassing a family that is grieving and get on with whatever pitiful life you must have to have to lash out at the one who has no voice here any longer. What a jerk.
SamHATER

Huntsville, AL

#30 Aug 6, 2008
im not harrassing a family im sticking up for my friends who would never have had to go through this if sam hadnt came and pulled a gun and due to the fact that sam was the one who started firing first at one of kyles best friends he had every right to shoot him. what would you do if some cretin put your life as well as your best friend and your girl friend/boy friend's life in jeopardy? yeah its a shame that sam had to die but that was never kyle's intention. he just wanted to stop sam from killing his best friend and i can almost guarantee that if sam had killed the friend that he would have killed the other three people there as well or maybe just two of them since one of the guys there was another creep that was there with sam who set the whole thing up so if you people should be mad at anybody it should be the person im not gonna mention any names that brought sam there. i blame him entirely for the events that have occurred and for everything that kyle and his friends are going through. and the family of sam arent the only ones with problems and misery. think of what a traumatic experience it must have been for the other people there. an innocent girlfriend hanging out with her boyfriend and best friend has to witness some stranger pointing a gun at her boyfriend? i know her well and she is not taking this lightly. she thinks about this everyday and is worried for the welfare of her friends. she has anxiety attacks, has seen psychiatrists, and is now on medication. she has nightmares and will for the rest of her life. she can thank sam and that b*stard tyler for that. im not trying to upset the family in any way but i just want you all to know that other people are suffering as well.
Lost Friend

United States

#31 Aug 6, 2008
This is really not the place to argue with the ignorant BUT I have to ask the genius above where it is said that Sam's friends and family are the only ones suffering?? That's all I'm asking.
A friend of the family

Athens, AL

#32 Aug 6, 2008
So you were there? The circumstances are unfortunate for all, but Sam is definitely not the only bad guy and it is time to stop pointing fingers and mourn for all the losses -- there is no right or wrong -- no one -- I repeat strongly -- no one had to die here. All were involved in wrong doing, but Sam was the only one that did not walk out of that room. So how about not slandering his memory any longer, no matter what you believe his character to be, his family and friends read this site, and again no matter what your intent, let this family grieve without your slanderous comments toward our beloved son, uncle, brother, grandson, and friend. We all loved him and have repeatedly sent prayers to all involved and yes it is sad for EVERYONE but the actions have been taken, no matter the circumstances and the consequences will follow everyone lost something. Nothing you say here will change that good, bad or indifferent.
Friend of the Family

Decatur, AL

#34 Aug 6, 2008
I would never be in these circumstances to start with but your friend is not above reproach and nothing you can say here will change what went down -- all are to blame -- drugs are a by-product to ALL the violence in this instance. As I said before we loved Sam and will miss him everyday of the rest of our lives, record or no record we knew him his whole life, that sweet beautiful boy that got on the wrong path and made choices that cost him his life. You on the other hand still have your friends, again all in our prayers. No one wins here -- and again nothing you can say can change that. I get sick to my stomach every time I think that Sam is gone forever except in our hearts and thoughts. I am not whitewashing his behavior or the decisions he made. I love his family and feel their grief enough to know what kind of enormous pain they are suffering. He was the only child of a woman that loved her boy, no matter what he did, she does not deserve to read this site to have the words SamHater glare back at her nor do any of the rest of us. Reverse the scenario for yourself -- I should post something KyleHATER -- how do you think that would feel -- could you have the kindness in your heart that most of the family friends here have had that have prayed for those that are responsible for their bad decision that cost Sam his life -- no win -- no other way to look at it -- bad decisions all around -- it would have taken more "balls" to walk away. Gun carrying drug dealers are not saints, nor should they be painted as such even if they are our friends. Look deep inside yourself, because I do see both sides of this. I have no anger just pain and sadness.
idiotHATER

Birmingham, AL

#35 Aug 7, 2008
SamHATER wrote:
oh yeah and stephen how the hell can you call kyle a coward? He had the f*cking balls to pull the trigger and protect his loved ones in the room with him. If sam had just left after giving the counterfeit money to kyle he wouldnt be dead but no he had to put four lives in danger. you dont know what happened. you werent there. and kyle will not live and die with the misery he has caused people. i will see to that. every chance i get i tell him not to feel bad. normally i would feel bad for saying the things that i am but ya know what cops call one drug dealer killing another? street cleaning. and thats exactly what happened. sam would have kept doing the same sh*t but someone actually stood up to him and i thank god every day for that.
I think it is great that Kyles "friends" get on here and talk about how terrible Sam was and about his addictions and hang ups, but yet this idiot just admitted Kyle was a drug dealer. If Kyle wants to "protect" his loved ones maybe he should stop dealing drugs and living the life he is. Get a life and go to school and learn something. IDIOT!
Friend of the Family

Decatur, AL

#37 Aug 7, 2008
I guess committing murder would tend to open someone's eyes to a new perspective and "straighten" him up!! Give us a break pal, no one reforms that easily or quickly. Your perspective leads me to question the brains behind your trying to convince anyone of anything -- nice language too, did you learn that at school as well. You sound like a hot head just like the gun totin' drug dealer that had the "balls" to pull the trigger and THAT was the biggest mistake your friend made. Your perspective is way off the mark there. We will all be praying for all of you but please don't expect anyone to take your rhetorical nonsense for anything more than it is.
A friend of the family

Athens, AL

#39 Aug 8, 2008
You play the game you pay the price -- great guys, loved ones and their friends. Drug dealers are in an illegal trade that puts all they hold dear in danger of just what is happening to family and friends now -- both sides. Defending and making excuses is inconsequential to the responsibility for actions not to mention putting friends in the situation -- an armed drug deal -- wise decision. Shot in the back, Sam is no longer here to defend his part and we do not want to hear that a "ballsy" saint is above reproach -- he carried a gun, took his friends into a potentially dangerous situation and took a life. We will as I have said pray for all concerned but you are not making your case here -- you are only causing more injury and making yourself look ignorant not to mention stupid.
A Witness To Death

Huntsville, AL

#40 Aug 12, 2008
Murder by any other name is still immoral. The entire story has not yet been told. Your rants are idiotic and unbelievable. Show some backbone
and tell the truth.
A friend of the family

Athens, AL

#42 Aug 13, 2008
You are not making your case here nor will you -- we are not interested in the things you are obviously trying to sell. All the excuses and pointing of fingers do not change anything -- the bottom line morality issue. You are a low cretin to continue in this vein. You can call Sam, (the only voice we cannot hear), anything you care to but you are obviously missing the bigger picture. To make this a platform for kill Sam again with words that hurt those that remain behind is cruel and unnecessary. Again we will continue to pray for all those involved, even those that have become delusional. Actions have consequences.
anonymous

Northport, AL

#43 Aug 15, 2008
This situation is unfortunate for both parties. This was definately a night that everyone made big mistakes. My thoughts and prayers go out to both families. It must be hard for both families. I'm sorry for the Frazier family and the Wooden family. These two families are going through enough. Please be respectful, there are only four people that know exactly what happened. These people that are just putting in their two sense, need to put theirself in another man's shoes and walk around in them. And for the people that are being disrespectful THIS IS NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU, so leave. Nobody cares to hear the criticizm or dirty comments. Please be respectful
worried sister

Albertville, AL

#44 Aug 17, 2008
I am understanding that you have details into Sam's long record. It is truly long. It involves, driving with a revoked license, driving without proof of insurance, driving with a tail light out, and failure to appear in court on these horrible long records of crimes. I am sure due to his huge dealings with the law, which by the way never included 1 single DUI, your right, he deserved to die because of his horrible, cruel intentions to others. I am not allowed to comment on your never ceasing lies about what happened that night, however do note, there was not a bullet fired in that room. Only in the hallway where Sam was leaving. This indeed is a fact. I hope when you do talk to Kyle, tell him that I am praying for his parents because I know how devastated they are, I am Samuel Whitt Frazier's mother. I have no anger, bitterness or vengence toward anyone. That is not me talking. That is the grace of God filling me with his Holy Spirit of peace. I never would of known of this site had my step-daughter had told me about it. And I wish I didn't feel compelled to see what people are saying. The only negative thing has been from this P-Rod or SamHater who may be the same. This as a mother is what I think, we had several children from the same kind of backgrounds that where I am sure their parents had preached for years and years not to be. It has happened. It could have been reversed 5 or so different ways. Instead of trying to make reasons for why this happened, just know that they all were all fault. My son was murdered. Shot in the back. That is what the investigators will tell you since you seem to have so much knowledge about that night. However again, I am praying for Kyle's mom. She could be me right now. God's grace is filling and all I need for now. Sweet child, please try to find it in your heart not to say any other ugly things that only hurt the people that knew Sam. Please let his memory rest in peace. We have no idea how many other children read this space and could make bad choices from the negative thoughts here.
Thank you,
Selena Whitaker
Stephen Frazier

Guntersville, AL

#45 Aug 17, 2008
Dear Sam Hater:
I hate to stoop this low but a man can only take so much. We are all Brothers in Christ however beg, plead & pray that you remain anonymous on this post. For you to post comments such as the ones you have posted referencing my deceased brother shows the punk/coward YOU are. I am Sam's older brother, Rocky Stephen Frazier JR. I would love to meet you in person so that you may have the opportunity to make these comments to MY face. Brother, unless you're willing to identify who you are don't waste mine or anyone else's time commenting false statements. MAY GOD BE WITH YOU!!!!!!!!
A friend of the family

Athens, AL

#46 Aug 18, 2008
I write this with tears in my eyes for this gracious beautiful woman who lost her only child. Selena I hate that you have had to read this garbage. You and Rocky have my unyeilding, loving support, as well as all the family. Bubba, I have been following this since your very first posting -- my heart, thoughts and prayers are with all of the family daily. I loved Sam and will miss him every day. I wish I could be there for you now, if not in person -- I am in spirit. I am sending you love, positive energy and prayers. I was hoping this could be a place to heal, to celebrate Sams' life and the joy he brought to us. I am here and will be. I love you all. My heart goes out to the others involved and they too will remain in my prayers.
Love,
Charli

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Decatur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big Spring Ducks Have A Short Future 22 hr ThomasA 11
being transfer to huntsville looks for gay bars May 21 Campboy Drew Mill... 17
News Lawyer Explains Alabama Eviction Laws (Sep '10) May 21 Cher 45
News Athens man indicted on capital murder charges i... May 20 Lynn 2
Remington Closing KY Plant May 18 ThomasA 13
John Duchock was arrested for DUI (Jul '08) May 13 Mayor Joe Davis 10
Harvest Man Found Dead On His Lawn (Nov '13) Apr 29 Sharia Lawyer 27
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Decatur Mortgages