Clarksville, TN

#4931 Oct 11, 2012
I remember nana's and smokin dope with Janie
Buckeye Spouse

United States

#4932 Oct 14, 2012
Cool Breeze wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to see them. I don't know what FB NS is or how to get to it. Let me know.
FB is Facebook
BLEEDING HEART

Taylor, MI

#4933 Oct 18, 2012
GOOOOOOO! MITT...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4934 Oct 21, 2012
BLEEDING HEART get you Lincoln Park azz out of here and take you Mitt schit with you. Ecorse is the Democrat capital of Michigan!

“Dis guy is a nut.”

Since: Jun 11

Ecorse, Michigan

#4935 Oct 21, 2012
Red State Sucker wrote:
BLEEDING HEART get you Lincoln Park azz out of here and take you Mitt schit with you. Ecorse is the Democrat capital of Michigan!
Hey, that's unkind. Didn't Mitt own a Sunoco station on Jefferson? No, that was Mits'...or did he used to fish off the foot of Southfield with an old lounge chair and a bottle of Ripple? Naw that was someone else too. You're right, and color me blue. LOL
Whiskey Will

Brighton, MI

#4936 Oct 22, 2012
Red State Sucker wrote:
And there inlies the problem.
Atl Girl

Cumming, GA

#4937 Oct 29, 2012
Love is blind. To read Obama's book is to know him. Where's the great memories this site was meant for?

“Dis guy is a nut.”

Ecorse, Michigan

#4938 Oct 31, 2012
Atl Girl wrote:
Love is blind. To read Obama's book is to know him. Where's the great memories this site was meant for?
O K
HOWZABOUT: Going to the Franklin 5 & Dime before there were any “Mart” stores and getting the latest toys…like Hula-Hoops. Ever try one? Fun.
HOWZABOUT: Balsa wood airplanes? You would buy a stamped sheet for a quarter or so and snap out the pieces and slide them together. You threw them and chased them. You could slide the wings forward or back to make it go up or straight or skew the wings to make it turn. They came in all sizes. Fun.
HOWZABOUT: Kites in the spring? You would see kites everywhere in the sky. They weren’t overly engineered artsy performance pieces for snobs, but made of wood paper and string. Kids knew how to put them together, attach a tail and make them fly. Once, soon after we moved out here from the ‘cose, Lanny brought us a magnificent nine or ten foot tall, diamond shaped paper and wood kite, with about ¼ mile of cord. After some trial and error, we got the monster airborne. We let out lots and lots of cord, but it would only get about 50 feet off the ground with a big sag in the cord; so we deduced that the weight of the cord was holding it down. The next day, we bought a bunch of “regular” kites and attached them along the length of the cord and got them all up at once. WHAT A SIGHT! Mother duck flew with her little ducklings of the sky. Eventually crashes finally rendered her un-flyworhty, and she spent the next decade displayed on our barn wall. True story, ask Lanny. Fun.
HOWZABOUT the Duncan YoYo man visiting your school playground in the spring giving unbelievable displays of his prowess with the little wooden wonders: sleeping, walking the dog,‘round the world, two atta time round the world, rock the cradle…and I can’t remember them all, but you wanted to run right up to Franklin’s and buy them out. Fun.

“Dis guy is a nut.”

Ecorse, Michigan

#4939 Oct 31, 2012
OH, YEAH
HOWZABOUT playing some marbles. The west end of the school two playground, under all the trees, was devoted to marble tournaments. Buy a bag at Franklins for cheap and take ‘em to school and hope they didn’t all fall out of your pocket in class. Playing for “fun” meant nobody kept the other guys marbles. Playing for “keeps” was deadly serious. you would have to explain why you HAD to have another dime or quarter for tomorrow to stay in the game or you had to use your bottle return money for more marbles instead of candy. The games were:“chasers” where one guy shot, you tried to hit (and keep his) or, if you miss, he would try to hit yours and on and on. Pots, was where you dug a little hole, stood back and everybody shot at the pot and tried to get close, but not go in. The guy closest won all the marbles. Ringers required a circle in the sand where everybody lined up “mibs” inside and you took turns shooting at their mibs to knock them out of the circle and claim them. You used a “shooter” which was a special, larger one to knock out your opponents’“reggies”. The equipment was composed of the aforementioned reggies, or just regular marbles or mibs, Puries were clear colored or just clear, steelies were DUH steel, aggies were made of agate, cat-eyes were puries with a center that looked like DUH a cat’s eye, clayies were make of clay. Shooting “knuckles down” meant you couldn’t raise your hand off the ground when you shot and “no hunching” meant you couldn’t shove your hand forward as you shot for more velocity. There were a lot of other games and rules. Fun.
Anonymous

Auburn, AL

#4940 Nov 2, 2012
Enjoyed that Bonzano!!
Atl Girl

Cumming, GA

#4941 Nov 2, 2012
Ecorse Kid- hope ur doing good & hi to your brothers!

“Dis guy is a nut.”

Ecorse, Michigan

#4942 Nov 15, 2012
COMMMMONNN PEEEEPLE! It's been two weeks and nobody has a memory? What is this mass amnesia? OK...OK. Professer BO has an assignment. Write about the most stupid and/or embarassing thing you ever did. Boys and girls, you know what it was and it has haunted you for years. Now is the time to give your testimony, and no phony balony...we want it true and blue (or maybe black & blue). Now if lyou have read my posts, you know what a nut I was, back in the day, and if I can't best your worst, I'll....
Bulldog

Plano, TX

#4943 Nov 17, 2012
Atl Girl wrote:
<quoted text>.
Bulldog, I must know you since I know some of the guys you worked with at Cuingan's. I am also a big Dog's fan and have spent much time in the Mick arena. Do you have blond hair and have you coached youth hockey?
Yes, Atl Girl, that's me worked at Ciungan's as a bus boy and a parking lot attendant. Coached a Bantam team in the city house league 1 year. Went undefeated and got the Coach of the Year award. What a fluke!!lol. I figured I could top that so never coached again.
Bulldog

Plano, TX

#4944 Nov 17, 2012
HHIGail West Bloomfield wrote:
Okay this sucks...I can't remember your names even with the hints and now will have to talk to my brother Bob (Buzz) for both your names - ATL Girl & Cherry Grove. Please don't make me ask him because he always remembers everyone and I am completely embarassed and feel bad that I can't remember. My husband and I went to a Red Wing game with my brother Bob and his wife Connie (Barbosa) and he brings this person to me and said 'Don't you recognize this person?' I did not and was mortified - it was Sam Spino. We all played together as kids since we lived on Charlotte and the Spino's lived on the next street - Elton. Most say I have not changed a lot and neither have the Montroy's (Ed, Don, & Phyliss - they lived 2 houses from us). So I always recognize them....
Paud, did you mistype? You did not remember Ron Marcott having a brother - uh Dave? Wasn't Ron's nickname Frog?
Tom and Dave Marcott were brothers, Tom was called Frog because he could touch his nose with his tongue. ron was their cousin.
Bulldog

Plano, TX

#4945 Nov 17, 2012
Sugarbear wrote:
Hey paudy z.
How are you! I also miss all we had and all the people we loved and even the ones we acted likewe didnt care for! But in ecorse we fended for are own . Iam widowed and living in woodhaven mi. with my son dimitri ld love to her from ya!
Sugarbear..
OMG! Sugarbear! Please except my deepest and most heartfelt sympathy for the loss of your husband. I always liked him and the last time I saw him was at Auburn restaurant on Jefferson after a EHS multiclass reunion. He stopped there after closing his own restaurant. He was telling me about his restaurant and how he was still happliy married to you. Am I spelling your last name right Golmatis?
Atl Girl

Cumming, GA

#4946 Nov 18, 2012
Bonzano Bohunk wrote:
How about Edgewater park? Or the Gibralter quarry? It was only a buck or two for a car load and they had rafts, a 10 meter diving tower, and a juke box that was great sounding. "Scotch and Soda" by the Kingston Trio all day. Beautiful clear water and nasty biting horse flys that would draw blood if they got you.
Remember FISH FLYS? all over the side walk and on all the store windows. They would snap when you stepped on them or rode over them on your bike. Huge globs of dead ones floated down the river. They were only around for a few days a year, but what a mess.
Bonzano, did you ever hang out at Camp Dearborn?

“Dis guy is a nut.”

Ecorse, Michigan

#4947 Nov 19, 2012
Atl Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Bonzano, did you ever hang out at Camp Dearborn?
No Atl Girl I didn't. My dad always had a small boat and motor and we spent every free hour on the river. Grassy island was our favorite place and we would fish and ski and ride all over the river from Belle Isle to Boblo. Dad was a Detroit river rat as a kid and just loved the water. Spent all his life from Delray to da Rooje and Ecorse. He knew down-river down and dirty.
ps: I'm very glad you get some enjoyment out of my ramblings.
Mexico Way

Colorado Springs, CO

#4948 Nov 19, 2012
HOWZABOUT playing the "thumping" game. Taking your middle finger and flicking it as hard as you can at another person's closed fist. Go back and for until someone "gave up." Whole fist used to be blood red before someone gave up.

“Dis guy is a nut.”

Ecorse, Michigan

#4949 Nov 20, 2012
OH MAN! Mex-way, you just awoke a memory grande. We used to thump on the chest or forehead or back of the head like a dope slap in the pool or locker-room. Sometimes, if everything was perfect, you could draw blood. Even today, with all my arthritis knarrled hands,I can thump a hole in the newspaper my blushing bride of 45 years is reading and it drives her nuts. I gotta get up and run away (actually gimp away) or she would kill me.

Thanks for the memories.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dearborn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Suspected drunk driver rear-ends school bus 21 hr Ray 1
Taylor Music Thread Wed Musikologist 1
What's the best topless club in the area? (Oct '12) Nov 29 Pepperoni king 4
News Steel shares surge again, keep post-election st... Nov 25 Philosophic 20
News US Muslims watch Trump victory with 'fear and c... Nov 22 Allahahaha 2
Racist Nov 19 Ihatejamesremar 1
News Fired Building Dept. employee pleads guilty to ... (Aug '09) Nov 15 Kickback Kelly 12

Dearborn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dearborn Mortgages