Ecorse -- REMEMBER WHEN ....
Cool Breeze

Clearwater, FL

#4916 Sep 24, 2012
Buckeye Spouse wrote:
Just went to an awesome Benefit event & The "Coast" baseball, softball, hockey alumni etc friends showed their Humungas Generosity!!! Just Amazing..
Back to memories..saw some good ole' black & whites of old baseball pics of the EC. Tigers *& Phillies..Hockey rink with the original Zambonis- the workers w/their shovels..great memories from these cool pictures. Can identify many from the 50s-60s.. Also the Muni in the background..Let me know if u want to view them on FB NS
I would like to see them. I don't know what FB NS is or how to get to it. Let me know.
Ecorse Kid

Taylor, MI

#4917 Sep 24, 2012
Atl Girl wrote:
Ecorse kid- are you there?
Yes I just been busy I have not been on here too much.
Atl Girl

Cumming, GA

#4918 Sep 24, 2012
Ecorse Kid wrote:
<quoted text>Yes I just been busy I have not been on here too much.
Hope all is well & glad you're back.
Buckeye Spouse

Wyandotte, MI

#4919 Sep 25, 2012
"Cool Breeze"
I would like to see them. I don't know what FB NS is or how to get to it. Let me know.

FB= Facebook- I'll try 2 get some pictures on the Ecorse page..may take couple days tho-
Arnold

United States

#4920 Sep 26, 2012
You guys sound pretty cool. I feel the same way you do about Belleville.
When I was a kid, my friend and I were responsible for locating Willow Creek.
Belleville lake was contaminated with heavy metals and Willow Creek was the source of the the contaminants. We were congratulated by the Mayor in person. We were heros. Those were the days!

“Dis guy is a nut.”

Since: Jun 11

Ecorse, Michigan

#4921 Oct 7, 2012
W! T! F! Is everybody sittin' around watchin' leaves fall and wishin' they were sweating in 98 degree temps again?
COME ON folks...a sound CKLW OR WKNR or WJLB, OR "SUNNNDAYYY AT DEEEETRIOT DRAAAAAGWAY"; or a taste, like Frankies Pizza or Afholters ice cream, or biskets and gravy at Irmas? How about smells like Volmerhasen bakery, or dead fish and oil at the park, or Midgets Beer Store. Remember sights like The Boblo Boat, or the Aquarama, or the Gadfly on the river, a zillion sunburned kids in the round Muni pool. I could go forever...and I will...

“Dis guy is a nut.”

Ecorse, Michigan

#4922 Oct 7, 2012
Hey! who remembers what Frankies sign read????
Neon script
"Frankies place
Pizza Chicken"
Was it FRANKEY OR FRENKIE??? ANYWAY...
Once the "P" in the Pizza word went real dim, and we thought...if we were real good with the BB gun, we could take out the "Place" and it would read
"FRANKEY IZZA CHICKEN"
I'm so glad that on this particular occasion, better angels prevevaled and we didn't. I would not want to be banished for life from there and I defy anybody to prove they ate more of his pizzas than I did.
lol true story

“Dis guy is a nut.”

Ecorse, Michigan

#4923 Oct 7, 2012
Or was it FRANKYS? Like I said, i can keep this up forever..hahahaha
muchacho1962

Oscoda, MI

#4924 Oct 8, 2012
smokey wrote:
I remember people coming from all over Ecorse , to a place called the tackel field, at school #3 on southfield rd in 60's and 70's, that was the place to party!!! good friends, good times. later, Smoke.
Stompie ,Kojack ,Bigmack Deep Echoe to name a few
muchacho1962

Oscoda, MI

#4925 Oct 8, 2012
Bonzano Bohunk wrote:
My blushing bride of 44 years lived in the projects and went to Annies store and charged stuff for her mon & dad and got candy. Her brother was hit by a car on that bridge and broke his leg. He still lives in the 'Cose. She really loved that store with the ice water pop cooler.
hey bozano where can a person retrieve old school three class pics
muchacho1962

Oscoda, MI

#4926 Oct 8, 2012
HAM an CHEESE wrote:
Hey buds, how you doing , about the nick names, some of the guys I hung with WERE, Deep tints, Gate ,LAB, pinky, mumbles, cage, stompy,quarter pounder,baby chicken,HOT HAM,SNORK,R.B. bone head,of course Buba, JUST TO NAME A FEW, AND THE GIRLS WERE, SWEATHOG, TIRE IRON, PING AN PONG, GRAZY DONNA, BABE, KKK, CHEST, AND THE LIST GOES ON, HAVE A GOOD NITE YAK, HAM... P.S. TIRE IRON WAS SUGAR BEAR'S LIL' SISTER. SHE WAS ONE MEAN GIRL,...
I wondered what evar happened to CHEST (AKA) DEBBIE I believed she lived next door to the Newman s
muchacho1962

Oscoda, MI

#4927 Oct 8, 2012
RIVERRAT wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know about the..."COVE",or the..."CHUBBY HOLE", but I sure know about, "MEXICO WAY"! I agree, best food Downriver!!!
Hey he don't remember the cubby hole because he didnt live on our side of southfield brother by the way how you been HAM ?

Since: Jan 09

Oscoda, MI

#4928 Oct 8, 2012
muchacho1962 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey are you ever going to reply back is this pie hes the only one from the coast that came up north and kick some ass there with me.
Sportsman's Bar in Twining
adavis38512

Lansing, MI

#4929 Oct 9, 2012
Remember when Ecorse High School had that BIG BELL STATUE on the front lawn and we were so glad to be called ECORSE RED RAIDERS:)
Disgusted wrote:
It was suggested by riverrat on another forum to start a post of good 'ol Ecorse memories. We all have those fond memories of growing up in Ecorse. Kind of like 'Cheer's Bar' where everyone knows your name -- that's Ecorse. No other city in Downriver like it.
Please share a fond memory of growing up in Ecorse (no politics, please). Let's continue to remember what has made Ecorse special. Feel free to post a long or short story about your Ecorse experiences.
I'll start...
Remember when ... there was free skating at the rink and the hot chocolate was hotter than any other hot chocolate on the planet!
Slow joe

Clarksville, TN

#4930 Oct 10, 2012
I remember going to nana house and smoking dope
Chief tallywacker

Clarksville, TN

#4931 Oct 11, 2012
I remember nana's and smokin dope with Janie
Buckeye Spouse

United States

#4932 Oct 14, 2012
Cool Breeze wrote:
<quoted text>
FB is Facebook
BLEEDING HEART

Taylor, MI

#4933 Oct 18, 2012
GOOOOOOO! MITT...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#4934 Oct 21, 2012
BLEEDING HEART get you Lincoln Park azz out of here and take you Mitt schit with you. Ecorse is the Democrat capital of Michigan!

“Dis guy is a nut.”

Ecorse, Michigan

#4935 Oct 21, 2012
Red State Sucker wrote:
BLEEDING HEART get you Lincoln Park azz out of here and take you Mitt schit with you. Ecorse is the Democrat capital of Michigan!
Hey, that's unkind. Didn't Mitt own a Sunoco station on Jefferson? No, that was Mits'...or did he used to fish off the foot of Southfield with an old lounge chair and a bottle of Ripple? Naw that was someone else too. You're right, and color me blue. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dearborn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
camp Dearborn (Jun '07) Jul 17 WATCHING LIVONIA 112
Jeff Jaber (Jan '11) Jul 13 Jay 4
don`t buy from rhino associates (Nov '08) Jul 11 Detroit Resident 50
Have any of the people in this forum actually b... Jul 10 WATCHING LIVONIA 4
Ak steel contract negotianons Jul 10 Arbitrator 4
AK Steel/UAW contract Jul 10 Born In The USA 25
News U.S. reps respond to anti-Sharia law marches in... Jul 8 Mikey 84

Dearborn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance