Ecorse -- REMEMBER WHEN ....

Ecorse -- REMEMBER WHEN ....

Posted in the Dearborn Forum

First Prev
of 236
Next Last
Disgusted

Flushing, MI

#1 Aug 26, 2007
It was suggested by riverrat on another forum to start a post of good 'ol Ecorse memories. We all have those fond memories of growing up in Ecorse. Kind of like 'Cheer's Bar' where everyone knows your name -- that's Ecorse. No other city in Downriver like it.

Please share a fond memory of growing up in Ecorse (no politics, please). Let's continue to remember what has made Ecorse special. Feel free to post a long or short story about your Ecorse experiences.

I'll start...

Remember when ... there was free skating at the rink and the hot chocolate was hotter than any other hot chocolate on the planet!
RIVERRAT

Melvindale, MI

#2 Aug 26, 2007
Disgusted wrote:
It was suggested by riverrat on another forum to start a post of good 'ol Ecorse memories. We all have those fond memories of growing up in Ecorse. Kind of like 'Cheer's Bar' where everyone knows your name -- that's Ecorse. No other city in Downriver like it.
Please share a fond memory of growing up in Ecorse (no politics, please). Let's continue to remember what has made Ecorse special. Feel free to post a long or short story about your Ecorse experiences.
I'll start...
Remember when ... there was free skating at the rink and the hot chocolate was hotter than any other hot chocolate on the planet!
Thank You! I have tears in my eye's. I really really do! You see how Special Ecorse people are!?!! You where asked to step up for Ecorse,Disgusted/ENLIGHTENED, and within HRS. You are here...God Almighty thats what makes ECORSE People Special, NO DOUBT...I'm PROUD of YOU!! YOUR ECORSE!!! Anyway...(let me regroup)! Yes...wasn't it HOT!!!And if you had a Quarter you could give it to Mr. Waters or Hot-Dog or Ted, and they would put your shoe's in the box behind the counter and they would give you a gold medallion to put around your neck to claim your shoe's when you where ready to leave!!! I always just put my shoe's under the bench...LOL! LOL I FEEL GOOD!!!
RIVERRAT

Melvindale, MI

#3 Aug 26, 2007
"GOD BLESS YOU"!!!
Peter Livingston

Trenton, MI

#4 Aug 26, 2007
I remember when you could go down 8 block and get a decent bag of weed, now those nugs only sell bags of grass clippings and then try to rob you...

Since: May 07

Berea, OH

#5 Aug 26, 2007
I remember when skating was outdoors. Long before the Building was built. Playing baseball at the Hardball Diamond at Munie. Matter of fact, put a few on top of Ice arena. We had a Recreation program second to none !!!! Hot Dog, Bernie, Tony Spears, all the bunch...May God bless them all.

Since: May 07

Berea, OH

#6 Aug 26, 2007
I remember the day the old Box Factory burned. melted the ice at the arena.
Disgusted

Flushing, MI

#7 Aug 26, 2007
RIVERRAT wrote:
<quoted text> Thank You! I have tears in my eye's. I really really do! You see how Special Ecorse people are!?!! You where asked to step up for Ecorse,Disgusted/ENLIGHTENED, and within HRS. You are here...God Almighty thats what makes ECORSE People Special, NO DOUBT...I'm PROUD of YOU!! YOUR ECORSE!!! Anyway...(let me regroup)! Yes...wasn't it HOT!!!And if you had a Quarter you could give it to Mr. Waters or Hot-Dog or Ted, and they would put your shoe's in the box behind the counter and they would give you a gold medallion to put around your neck to claim your shoe's when you where ready to leave!!! I always just put my shoe's under the bench...LOL! LOL I FEEL GOOD!!!
Yep! And, speaking of the shoes in the box... remember when the red Chuck Taylor Converse came out and EVERY guy had to have them? My brother was so exited to get them and wore them up to the rink on the first night he had them and they were stolen out of the shoe box. Doesn't sound like a fond memory but it's one we laugh about now becaue DAMN he loved those shoes and DAMN were my parents pi$$ed! Even the not so good memories end up being good memories.
Disgusted

Flushing, MI

#8 Aug 26, 2007
RIVERRAT wrote:
"GOD BLESS YOU"!!!
Ditto!
Disgusted

Flushing, MI

#9 Aug 26, 2007
Ground rules -- must be a fond memory and no rising to the bait of some idiot. Any smart a$$ $hit in here just ignore them like a class clown -- best way to make the class clown go away.
RIVERRAT

Melvindale, MI

#10 Aug 26, 2007
metoknow wrote:
I remember the day the old Box Factory burned. melted the ice at the arena.
Man I do to. I remember the Dog that got fried that day!! I remember in sping the ice would start melting and you could see all the pipes along the rink..Man what memories!!!
Peter Livingston

Trenton, MI

#11 Aug 26, 2007
Remember when the city didn't smell like a giant shit sandwich and you could go swimming in the river without worrying about getting a STD rash or running into bobbing heads in a bag...
RIVERRAT

Melvindale, MI

#12 Aug 26, 2007
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Ditto!
TONIGHT GOD HAS BLESSED ME!! ESPECIALLY THRU YOU!!! "ENLIGHTENED"!! THANK YOU!!
RIVERRAT

Melvindale, MI

#13 Aug 26, 2007
Disgusted wrote:
Ground rules -- must be a fond memory and no rising to the bait of some idiot. Any smart a$$$hit in here just ignore them like a class clown -- best way to make the class clown go away.
AGREED!!
RIVERRAT

Melvindale, MI

#14 Aug 26, 2007
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep! And, speaking of the shoes in the box... remember when the red Chuck Taylor Converse came out and EVERY guy had to have them? My brother was so exited to get them and wore them up to the rink on the first night he had them and they were stolen out of the shoe box. Doesn't sound like a fond memory but it's one we laugh about now becaue DAMN he loved those shoes and DAMN were my parents pi$$ed! Even the not so good memories end up being good memories.
LOL..MAN I SURE DO REMEMBER THOSE.BUT you had to get the red and white laces thick laces also thats the way we dyed our skates!!! LOL!!"RED AND WHITE,RED AND WHITE LACES!!!
RIVERRAT

Melvindale, MI

#15 Aug 26, 2007
metoknow wrote:
I remember when skating was outdoors. Long before the Building was built. Playing baseball at the Hardball Diamond at Munie. Matter of fact, put a few on top of Ice arena. We had a Recreation program second to none !!!! Hot Dog, Bernie, Tony Spears, all the bunch...May God bless them all.
ME TOO PAL... MAN WHAT GREAT DAYS THOSE WHERE!!! Remember the snow falling from thr sky late at night under the flood lights??? WOW!!
RIVERRAT

Melvindale, MI

#16 Aug 26, 2007
metoknow wrote:
I remember when skating was outdoors. Long before the Building was built. Playing baseball at the Hardball Diamond at Munie. Matter of fact, put a few on top of Ice arena. We had a Recreation program second to none !!!! Hot Dog, Bernie, Tony Spears, all the bunch...May God bless them all.
BERNIE POPS THE HEAD BANGER LOL!! YES GOD BLESS THEM ALL WHAT A GREAT GROUP OF PEOPLE AROSED FROM ECORSE..APART OF WHO I AM,APART OF WHO MY CHILDREN ARE,NEVER STEPPING FOOT IN ECORSE EXCEPT WHEN I'DE DRIVE THEM AROUND!! AND STOP BRAGGING!!! LOL I CAME CLOSE TO THE ROOF!!...SCHOOL ONE'S ROOF LOL..."FOUL BALL"!!!
RIVERRAT

Melvindale, MI

#17 Aug 26, 2007
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep! And, speaking of the shoes in the box... remember when the red Chuck Taylor Converse came out and EVERY guy had to have them? My brother was so exited to get them and wore them up to the rink on the first night he had them and they were stolen out of the shoe box. Doesn't sound like a fond memory but it's one we laugh about now becaue DAMN he loved those shoes and DAMN were my parents pi$$ed! Even the not so good memories end up being good memories.
Well I'll give them back to Him.
LOL!! GOOD NIGHT,"ENLIGHTENED" AND THANKS! SLEEP WELL!SLEEP TIGHT DON'T LET THE BEDBUGS BITE IF THEY DO GET A SHOE AND BEAT THEM TIL THIER BLACK AND BLUE!!
metoknow

Berea, OH

#18 Aug 26, 2007
RIVERRAT wrote:
<quoted text> BERNIE POPS THE HEAD BANGER LOL!! YES GOD BLESS THEM ALL WHAT A GREAT GROUP OF PEOPLE AROSED FROM ECORSE..APART OF WHO I AM,APART OF WHO MY CHILDREN ARE,NEVER STEPPING FOOT IN ECORSE EXCEPT WHEN I'DE DRIVE THEM AROUND!! AND STOP BRAGGING!!! LOL I CAME CLOSE TO THE ROOF!!...SCHOOL ONE'S ROOF LOL..."FOUL BALL"!!!
LOL

“SOME SAY I AM BAD TO THE BONE”

Since: Jul 07

ECORSE

#19 Aug 26, 2007
Disgusted wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep! And, speaking of the shoes in the box... remember when the red Chuck Taylor Converse came out and EVERY guy had to have them? My brother was so exited to get them and wore them up to the rink on the first night he had them and they were stolen out of the shoe box. Doesn't sound like a fond memory but it's one we laugh about now becaue DAMN he loved those shoes and DAMN were my parents pi$$ed! Even the not so good memories end up being good memories.
THOSE SHOES MUST HAVE REALLY BEEN SOMETHING BECAUSE MY HUSBAND HAS TOLD ME A BILLION TIMES ABOUT WAITING FOR
MUSSILS TO GET THEM IN AND HIS DAD TAKING HIM DOWN THERE THAT DAY TO GET THEM!! LOL... HE CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT HE HAD FOR LUNCH BUT HE CAN REMEMBER THAT !!

“SOME SAY I AM BAD TO THE BONE”

Since: Jul 07

ECORSE

#20 Aug 26, 2007
metoknow wrote:
I remember when skating was outdoors. Long before the Building was built. Playing baseball at the Hardball Diamond at Munie. Matter of fact, put a few on top of Ice arena. We had a Recreation program second to none !!!! Hot Dog, Bernie, Tony Spears, all the bunch...May God bless them all.
HUBBY SAID THAT CAP AND SHIRT DAY WAS REALLY SPECIAL TO HIM...AND WHEN THE SCHEDULES CAME OUT YOU WOULD KEEP THEM INSIDE YOUR HAT TUCKED UNDER THE BAND...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 236
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dearborn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who is Ali Jawad? (May '08) Sun Anon 10
News Ford is building cars without steering wheels, ... Aug 22 WATCHING LIVONIA 1
News Antonio's to reopen former Italian restaurant i... (Jun '13) Aug 21 WATCHING LIVONIA 16
News Making Bicycles in Detroit Is an Uphill Ride Aug 20 TRUMP SARCASM SUCKS 2
Jim, Phyllis, Linda, Janet Barnes Aug 20 Amanda Amos Krana... 1
Redford Police (Jan '08) Aug 17 WATCHING LIVONIA 214
News Redford Township may not be among nation's safe... (Sep '06) Aug 17 John Buck 128

Dearborn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dearborn Mortgages