Jim and Julia Brown Plastech

Posted in the Dearborn Forum

First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Since: Jan 08

United States

#1 Jan 25, 2008
I heard they are having money problems and closing some of there plants,one of those we heard was in Kenton,Tn.Is this true?
leamington plant

Waterdown, Canada

#2 Jan 26, 2008
We are under the assumption this plant is closing but nothing has been said officially.How long do employees of many years have to wait to be told. I would think a common courtesy announcement might be nice!! After all we are the foundation of this plant of producing the best quality parts of all Plastech plants.We the employees of this plant have worked hard and can be proud of ourselves!!

United States

#3 Jan 26, 2008
Long years of service at Plastech doesn't mean nothing to Julie Brown.I work for Bryan Custom Plastics for yrs.Then Plastech brought them out,BIG mistake.We have heard alot of rumors and alot of talk from people in town and from other factories ,but nothing offical.I have read alot of stuff on the net,, detroitnews.com and it don't look good for Plastech emloyees.Yes we all have work hard for this company ,I think we should be tolded something good or bad.I know we are building a bank on 3 of our molds that is leaving us. And the new molds we just got,,they are also leaving us.They think we are stupid
Plastech Wauseon

AOL

#4 Feb 1, 2008
As the previous owner of Plastech Wauseon, It makes me laugh to see Julie Brown's crisis and that others are now quoting and perhaps taking work away from her. So be it. Amen.
She is a ruthless uncaring woman who is not a good business person, but someone who has been handed injection molding business on a silver platter. Would the big three ever bail me out for 46 million? No, and I would never have to be because I was knowlegeable in injection molding and I cared about the people who worked for me.
A good example was after I sold the Wauseon plant and decided to make and sell structural foam pallets, which I disclosed in the sell agreement as exempt from the non compete agreement. Even though they agreed to it,their attorney threatened to void the non compete agreement and payment if I continued to develop and sell plastic pallets. Plastech had no grounds for this, but my plea to Julie Brown was unanswered. It was a tough time in my life as I just had major surgery and was weak and depressed, but Julie Brown did not give a shit. So as I say, I now laugh when I hear of her troubles. I dont need to wish her failure, as she was a failure in the plastics business to begin with when considering quality, innovation, engineering,and employee relations.

United States

#5 Feb 1, 2008
She doesn't care for her worker at all.We work with no heat in the plant,the only heat that we have is injection molding presses,we have complain to our plant manager but nothing is done.We was tolded yesterday,that we can only take 1 vacation day a month,that is all we allow and I have 160 hours,that I won't probably ever get.She has done us all Wrong,and I hope she gets whats coming to her. She still don't give a shit about American workers nor Canadian workers, just her home land where she came from and it wasn't here in the USA.Go Home Julie Brown and leave the money here where it belongs and pay your debts before you do go.Freezing in the Kenton Plant
john

Davison, MI

#6 Feb 1, 2008
She filed chapter 11 today we will see what happens
Tami romulus mi

Grosse Pointe, MI

#7 Feb 2, 2008
everyone is so right about her My plant was O.E.M.in Romulus Mi. and a great plant to work for before she took over and than all down hill from there we couldnt get supplies to do the jobs with for months. Its been a downward spiral.Just waiting to see if I wasted the last 8 years working for her to start over.
kenton plant

United States

#8 Feb 2, 2008
where do you have all of your money stashed at julie?
aka-kenton plant

Auburn Hills, MI

#9 Feb 4, 2008
our plant manager isnt to blame,but we need to know more about the future of our jobs. not letting us use our vac days as we want sucks. is the kenton plant gonna shut down?

Since: Feb 08

United States

#10 Feb 4, 2008
aka-kenton plant wrote:
our plant manager isnt to blame,but we need to know more about the future of our jobs. not letting us use our vac days as we want sucks. is the kenton plant gonna shut do

wn?
Who is to blame in Your opinion

United States

#11 Feb 4, 2008
aka-kenton plant wrote:
our plant manager isnt to blame,but we need to know more about the future of our jobs. not letting us use our vac days as we want sucks. is the kenton plant gonna shut down?
Yes it will sut down in just a short time sooner than You think

United States

#12 Feb 4, 2008
aka-kenton plant wrote:
Are you porking him ? Or You one Of His snitches?
John

United States

#13 Feb 7, 2008
TN Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is to blame in Your opinion
The people in the Plastech plants really have no control over anything in that company. It's difficult to run a successful manufacturing facility when your owner, in this case Downtown Julie Brown, is constantly liquidating all available funds to buy more struggling manufacturing operations just to expand the customer base and revenue marker. Meanwhile revenues are not filtered back into the plants to maintain equipment or straighten out the issues that the companies she continues to buy were having in the first place that caused them to be for sale.
B Sure

United States

#14 Feb 8, 2008
1 min ago

Kenton area wrote:
I am sure some newspapers would be interested in the stop free speech mentality of HR and Plant Manager. That would make a good story for the Jackson Sun perhaps. Do not be intimidated.In all reality they are as frightened as you all are and cannot show it. They have NO true voice to the Browns. EVERYONE is trying to hang on by thier fingernails however they can do it. The plant would never have got into the shape it is in if ANY of the managers in the past years had EVER been heard now would it??? Stay strong folks including management. Let the truth come out on Julie Brown.

You Have more brain power than Most I have heard on here . You are right . Why can't managment just be honest and work with the hourly ? they are not as stupid as managment think .They will respond better if they know what is happening and it would stop most of the trouble going on .
America the Great

United States

#15 Feb 8, 2008
|Report Abuse |#45 50 min ago
Am I to believe what HR and Management have stated that people that have been wronged by the this corrupt company, can not under any circumstances speak there mind about their injustice. I say "1st Amendment- Freedom of Speech". Any person who disagrees with that can take it up with my grandfather, state attorney for over 42 years and a former Naval Commander in WW2. For the last two hundred years the great people of this country have fought and died to keep those civil liberties sacred and safe from the hand of tyrany. So to YOU Plastech Management both foreign (Ms. Brown) and domestic (Mr. Daryl/ Ms. Claudet) my only advice to you is choke on it!! But then again we can't be hard on you for you are handicaped by your own STUPITY, and someone once told me "Never get into a battle of wits with a stupid person, because they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience everytime
aka-kenton plant

Auburn Hills, MI

#16 Feb 11, 2008
]im one of you.don't get nasty with me. julie is to blame not any of the plant managers. instead of writing bad stuff we need to pray and stick together.GOD WILL PROVIDE.HAVEFAITH!
jb owensboro plant

United States

#17 Mar 25, 2008
I pray that the 11 yrs I have worked here are not in vain because of the mis management of Julie Brown. We as Americans have rights and the freedom of speech we have here is one of them.
Restrrained

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#18 Apr 12, 2008
There is no freedom of speech at Plastech unless you are part of the direct family. Hard work only gets you terminated if you step out of bounds of being a yes man. That is their system. Most of the problem lies with jim Brown who demeaned qualty for the sake of profit.
Former Program Manager

Clawson, MI

#19 May 15, 2008
From the perspective of the "office staff", Jim Brown treated his staff like crap. The Browns treated their upper level managers to offsite meetings in exotic locales and yet, never had the money to invest in their people or their plants. It was quite frustrating trying to explain the poor quality coming from the plants and fighting to fix the problems at the plant by asking for money. It was a joke and I'm glad I'm out of there. The Browns hired people who were "yes" men and women at the top or people that were their personal trainers or the local Saks Fifth Avenue make-up counter girl.

I just feel bad for the people who still work there that are going to get screwed by the situation created by Julie and Jim.
Byesville native

Byesville, OH

#20 May 16, 2008
I would love for someone to punch Jim Brown square in the MOUTH !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dearborn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sharia scare threatens religious freedom (Nov '10) Wed Swedenforever 6
Review: A And M Express 1 LLC May 26 Concerned citizen 1
Dearborn doctor Pleads Guilty to 4.2 million $ ... May 25 News 1
Redford should I move there? (Sep '13) May 25 WATCHING LIVONIA 20
News Man Arrested After Driving 153 MPH On I-75 Down... May 22 kev 1
Who is Ali Jawad? (May '08) May 22 Shamed arab 8
Rob Boone (brorob) (Oct '11) May 18 Curious one 3
More from around the web

Dearborn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE