Commission rejects Ficano's removal

Commission rejects Ficano's removal

There are 10 comments on the The Detroit News story from Aug 10, 2012, titled Commission rejects Ficano's removal. In it, The Detroit News reports that:

Detroit --Wayne County commissioners killed a proposed charter amendment Thursday that would have allowed them to remove Executive Robert Ficano from office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Detroit News.

kev

Toledo, OH

#1 Aug 10, 2012
Maybe there is fear that there could be amendment to remove commissioners also.also boards etc.
kev

Toledo, OH

#2 Aug 10, 2012
R these officials representing this region truly sincere of public service? Were ficanos appointees? If we as citizens don't get ourselves in order to have people working hard with our taxes then no one else is to blame.corruption will continue
kev

Taylor, MI

#4 Aug 10, 2012
The reason granholm at first was fearful in removing kwame was because she was sucking up to him when she first became governor but soon regretted it. Yes it would be.nice if voters could remove corrupt officials but it is difficult. An amendment to remove elected officials because of illegal activities should be used very carefully but I approve .
Chimera

Anonymous Proxy

#5 Aug 10, 2012
kev wrote:
The reason granholm at first was fearful in removing kwame was because she was sucking up to him when she first became governor but soon regretted it. Yes it would be.nice if voters could remove corrupt officials but it is difficult. An amendment to remove elected officials because of illegal activities should be used very carefully but I approve .
What you are talking about already exists. You are beating a dead horse of emotional upset here. Ficano has not been found guilty of ANY illegal activity except in your head. When/if he is, he will be dealt with accordingly. Most of us have strong feelings about Ficano, but child-like tantrums will not speed up the legal process and grant your wishes.
kev

Taylor, MI

#6 Aug 10, 2012
There is definitely good evidence of ficano soliciting employees to campaign fer him on county time which is illegal whether I'm beating a dead horse or not.
Rover

Los Angeles, CA

#7 Aug 11, 2012
"If wishes were horses, beggars would ride."
amused

Taylor, MI

#8 Aug 14, 2012
Alexander I respect your opinion. But who throws the elected officials out.?Remember Nixon. Elected congress from both parties were gonna throw him out. This is why we need people in who have integrity.ficano should not have the authority to fire anyone else for as long as he stays in which.hopefully won't be long. And I am a democrat.
Riddler

Garden City, NY

#9 Aug 14, 2012
amused wrote:
Alexander I respect your opinion. But who throws the elected officials out.?Remember Nixon. Elected congress from both parties were gonna throw him out. This is why we need people in who have integrity.ficano should not have the authority to fire anyone else for as long as he stays in which.hopefully won't be long. And I am a democrat.
People are free to un-elect Ficano next time. If any, ANY, abuse is actually proven, there is a process for his removal already. He has not even been charged with ANY illegal activity. When/if he does the perp walk, I'll be up front cheering.
amused

Taylor, MI

#10 Aug 14, 2012
Yes riddler but we have another 28 1/2 months of ficano. How about a recall? Is that what u r referring to? They never charged a lot of politicians with things. But it does not mean that they r innocent of wrongdoing.
Anti Kazmi

Mesa, AZ

#11 Aug 15, 2012
May the investigators step it up to overdrive and charge him. We can't wait two years and watch that snicker on TV every time a reporter catches Ficano.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dearborn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
don`t buy from rhino associates (Nov '08) Sep 15 WATCHING LIVONIA 52
Ecorse -- REMEMBER WHEN .... (Aug '07) Sep 13 Otis69 4,720
AK Steel/UAW contract (Mar '17) Sep 12 Steelman 27
News Grand Ole Opry to Host Public Celebration of Li... Sep 12 Ray 1
News Traffic tickets in Taylor can now be paid online Sep 8 Ray 1
DEARBORN HEIGHTS POLICE Failed to do their Job. (Jun '07) Sep 5 Cheryl 253
Anyone remember Scumbag Officer Sam Milton (Oct '10) Sep 2 sisterhoe 26

Dearborn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance