DEARBORN HEIGHTS POLICE Failed to do ...
Anon

United States

#126 Jan 14, 2009
Tom wrote:
AMY,
Who are you to tell this man that he has no right to be upset that the POLICE didnt contact him when his son died? I am in school to become a police officer and im not claiming to know everything but what i do know is that if you dont have anything better to do than to sit there and ridicule someone who is grieving the loss of their CHILD then im sorry but thats pretty pathetic. Unless you have lost a child then you cant possibly understand what these people are going through. Yes some of the things he said were a little over the top but i would like to see what you would say if it were your child. You would be just as upset, unless of course you dont have a heart, which judging by your comment may be the case. It doesnt matter how old the person is, it is the Officer's job to notify the family. If the officer would have respected this man enough to tell him that his son was dead then he would have recieved respect in return. You have to give respect to earn respect. So next time you decide to pull yourself away from the couch long enough to post a comment, Put yourself in the other person's shoes. If I were the officer that made the mistake of not telling him, then i would be a man and apologize and admit my mistake. This comment is not to offend any of the officers of the Dearborn Heights police department. I respect you all and i pray that God keeps you safe ou8t there. Im just tired of people who think they can talk to people without any feeling of remorse for their loss. I have lost many people who were very close to me and i wouldnt wish it on anyone. I cant even imagine what losing a child would be like and I Respect this man for being as civil as he was. so Amy, the next time you decide to open your mouth and degrade someone who has just lost a child, Look inside your tiny shriveled heart and try to find a little bit of compassion, however hard it may be.
Tom,

What a great job of stirring up old wounds. Amy is entitled to her opinion and you tell her not to be judgmental but yet you are doing the same thing. Amy does know what it is like to loss someone. We lost Officer Jason Makowski in May 2006 and it still affects lots of people. I like how you claim that you do not know everything and then talk like you do. There are three sides to every story, yours, mine, and the truth. Also as sad as it is, if you post things about how your son died on the internet then you open the door for all kinds of people to comment about, especially when itÂ’s on a message board. Good luck becoming a police officer.
lee fla

Winter Park, FL

#127 Jan 14, 2009
face it people!! michigan like the rest of this country, are becomming police states!! suck it up or do what you should and start shootin back
Anon

United States

#128 Jan 15, 2009
lee fla wrote:
face it people!! michigan like the rest of this country, are becomming police states!! suck it up or do what you should and start shootin back
We do not need idiots like you talking. Stay in Flordia.

Since: Apr 08

Evansville, IN

#129 Jan 30, 2009
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
We do not need idiots like you talking. Stay in Flordia.
Bitch. Why dont you mover to Florida and die in a plane crash on the way.

Since: Apr 08

Evansville, IN

#130 Jan 30, 2009
Tom wrote:
AMY,
Who are you to tell this man that he has no right to be upset that the POLICE didnt contact him when his son died? I am in school to become a police officer and im not claiming to know everything but what i do know is that if you dont have anything better to do than to sit there and ridicule someone who is grieving the loss of their CHILD then im sorry but thats pretty pathetic. Unless you have lost a child then you cant possibly understand what these people are going through. Yes some of the things he said were a little over the top but i would like to see what you would say if it were your child. You would be just as upset, unless of course you dont have a heart, which judging by your comment may be the case. It doesnt matter how old the person is, it is the Officer's job to notify the family. If the officer would have respected this man enough to tell him that his son was dead then he would have recieved respect in return. You have to give respect to earn respect. So next time you decide to pull yourself away from the couch long enough to post a comment, Put yourself in the other person's shoes. If I were the officer that made the mistake of not telling him, then i would be a man and apologize and admit my mistake. This comment is not to offend any of the officers of the Dearborn Heights police department. I respect you all and i pray that God keeps you safe ou8t there. Im just tired of people who think they can talk to people without any feeling of remorse for their loss. I have lost many people who were very close to me and i wouldnt wish it on anyone. I cant even imagine what losing a child would be like and I Respect this man for being as civil as he was. so Amy, the next time you decide to open your mouth and degrade someone who has just lost a child, Look inside your tiny shriveled heart and try to find a little bit of compassion, however hard it may be.
I want to start this by stating that you are a breath of fresh air. You seem to have a real sense of what civic duty is and I have a great amount of respect for you. God bless you, br safe and dont change. You will do great.
Jeff

Lansing, MI

#131 Feb 26, 2009
I can tell that Amy is a Keystone Cops slappy. The Dearborn Hts cops have always been, are now, and will never be any but at total joke. They are unprofessional at every turn. This includes Gavin (who I graduated with), Parenello, and the slew of other Crestwood High grads. Their ONLY purpose it to make life hard on the people that pay taxes. The biggest A-hole of them all is the head shaven white guy that lives on Rockland street.
Anon

United States

#132 Feb 27, 2009
Jeff wrote:
I can tell that Amy is a Keystone Cops slappy. The Dearborn Hts cops have always been, are now, and will never be any but at total joke. They are unprofessional at every turn. This includes Gavin (who I graduated with), Parenello, and the slew of other Crestwood High grads. Their ONLY purpose it to make life hard on the people that pay taxes. The biggest A-hole of them all is the head shaven white guy that lives on Rockland street.
Wow so sad to see that you are so old but still act like a kid!
DHPD

Livonia, MI

#133 Feb 28, 2009
Carie,
The Dearborn Heights Police Department has had major changes in the upper management of the department within the last 6 months...There is a new Chief of Police and two new Captains in charge of the department. The new administration has a fundamentally different philosophy when it comes to the delivery of police services and are in the process of reviewing how we serve the community. I only recently found about this blog and would like to personally send out an invitation to you to contact our department in order to look into the handling of your son's passing away. As a father of four, I can't imagine the pain you must of felt in the loss of your son. I hope our department can provide you with some answers and some closure. You can contact me via email at rduffany@ci.dearborn-heights.m i.us or call the Dearborn Heights Police Department main number and have them transfer you to my office.
Captain Richard Duffany
City of Dearborn Heights Police Department
OIC Uniform Road Patrol Division

Since: Jul 08

Dearborn Heights, MI

#134 Mar 6, 2009
Captain Duffany,
I want to thank you for your response. I have not been on topix for quite some time due to the negativity surrounding the death of my son. I just happened to log on today and found your reply. I have emailed you at your email address. I look forward to hearing from you.
Again thank you,
Carie
DHPD wrote:
Carie,
The Dearborn Heights Police Department has had major changes in the upper management of the department within the last 6 months...There is a new Chief of Police and two new Captains in charge of the department. The new administration has a fundamentally different philosophy when it comes to the delivery of police services and are in the process of reviewing how we serve the community. I only recently found about this blog and would like to personally send out an invitation to you to contact our department in order to look into the handling of your son's passing away. As a father of four, I can't imagine the pain you must of felt in the loss of your son. I hope our department can provide you with some answers and some closure. You can contact me via email at rduffany@ci.dearborn-heights.m i.us or call the Dearborn Heights Police Department main number and have them transfer you to my office.
Captain Richard Duffany
City of Dearborn Heights Police Department
OIC Uniform Road Patrol Division
john

Sterling Heights, MI

#136 Mar 6, 2009
LMFAO... I NEW IT lol
Jim Groh

Dearborn Heights, MI

#137 Mar 10, 2009
Captain Duffany, I look forward to meeting you also Carie's Husband!
billy

Southgate, MI

#138 Mar 15, 2009
most corrupt police on earth are dearborn heights police
Eric

Westland, MI

#139 Mar 26, 2009
Amy dear you need to wake up and smell the coffee. You sound like a highly impressionable "20 something" with a crush on the whole police department. Just because they are decorated doesn't mean they always do their job right or that they are even honest human beings. I know most of them personally and that department needs a full investigation for alot of things. Grow-up babe and loose the "school girl" crushes!
Amy - Dbn Hgts Rsdt wrote:
First of all, before you start making unwarrented statements about the Dearborn Heights police Department you should maybe think that they did follow their department procedure. It's terrible that your son was taken from your family at such a young age and I'm sorry for your loss but the statements you made about the Dearborn Heights Police Department and the Officers who proudly serve within the Department are false. I personally know each of the Officers you decided to single out and feel compelled to tell you that you don't know what the hell you're talking about. You are not a Dearborn Heights Police Officer and therefore cannot say if they did or did not follow their department protocol. Each of our Officers are very respected and highly decorated and therefore know how to do their job and know how to do it well. You said that you don't have faith in the department or it's officers, but I bet you'll change your mind when they show up to save your life or when you call for help and they respond within minutes of you call.
What you've done, is judged the entire department on one misunderstanding - on what you saw and did not like. Did it ever occur to you the the Corporal you singled out had nothing to do with the investigation and therefore had no reason to respond? or Maybe he never received your letter? Have you ever heard of a phone? You could have very easily dialed his number and spoke to him! Before you sit down and decide to badmouth someone you should think twice about what you're saying and/or writing. The entire Dearborn Heights Community is very thankful for the services that we receive for the men and women who serve with the Dearborn Heights Police Department. Any you sir, you stand alone when you say that you do not have any faith in them. And for the record, the Corporal you named, was once named Officer of the year and was recently recognized for his service to the city and his dedication to the job. You see, the information you have is FALSE and the statements you made were warrentless.
These Officers show up to work everyday to do their job and they know that their going to be disrespected by ignorant people, such as yourself, but they still show up not knowing what will happen to them or if that will be the last call for service they will respond to. They accepted to do a job that holds the respect of millions throughout the world, but one that not many would accept to do. They are VERY respected and you will never tarnish their reputation.
<quoted text>
Eric

Westland, MI

#140 Mar 26, 2009
I'd still like to know who the Dbn. Hgts police and fire department are covering for in the death of fire fighter Ken Obermiller? 2 people "friends" of Ken Obermiller's moved his body from their home to an apartment complex parking lot and left him in the bed of his truck. Who were these people and how did they not get prosecuted for moving a dead body. Where they fellow fire fighters? Cops? I hope the problem solvers investigate this incident!
Anon

United States

#141 Mar 27, 2009
Eric wrote:
Amy dear you need to wake up and smell the coffee. You sound like a highly impressionable "20 something" with a crush on the whole police department. Just because they are decorated doesn't mean they always do their job right or that they are even honest human beings. I know most of them personally and that department needs a full investigation for alot of things. Grow-up babe and loose the "school girl" crushes!
<quoted text>
Eric,
You sound like a condensing a**hole who has a personal issue with the police department.
Eric

Farmington, MI

#142 Mar 27, 2009
By the looks of the message board Anon, you need to get a job and a life! Your an arrogant, ignorant excuse for a person.
Eric

Farmington, MI

#143 Mar 27, 2009
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric,
You sound like a condensing a**hole who has a personal issue with the police department.
Anon,
How many of them are you sleeping with?
Anon

United States

#144 Mar 27, 2009
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
Anon,
How many of them are you sleeping with?
God you people are crazy, one second I am a man who must work for the city, then the next I am a woman who is sleep with all of the police officers. Get a life.
Eric

Farmington, MI

#145 Mar 27, 2009
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
God you people are crazy, one second I am a man who must work for the city, then the next I am a woman who is sleep with all of the police officers. Get a life.
I think your confused Anon. Get up and away from your computer sometime. See what life is like in the Real world and not hiding behind your computer screen.
billy

United States

#146 Apr 1, 2009
most of the officers in dearborn heights are my friends, but scott keller and paul erickson are giving the department a bad image. as far as i know ther is a civil right law suit against them in the state of michigan on march 2009. we need to get these 2 idiots off the road and out the city.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dearborn Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ak job fair 14 hr Optimist 1
Looking for a male Beagle to breed w/ my Beagle (Aug '12) 15 hr Bryna Erickson 27
News BLAC Magazine lists best ways to celebrate Blac... 17 hr lol 4
Review: Cool Blue Hair Salon (Feb '09) 19 hr choirgirl413 10
Tim Horton on ford road Tue Erica 6
News Sharia scare threatens religious freedom (Nov '10) Feb 18 RushFan666 14
hassan is a great waiter at al ameer restaurant... Feb 16 WATCHING LIVONIA 3

Dearborn Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Dearborn Heights Mortgages