Decision in stabbing death case to co...

Decision in stabbing death case to come tomorrow

There are 41 comments on the Press and Guide story from May 31, 2008, titled Decision in stabbing death case to come tomorrow. In it, Press and Guide reports that:

New details have emerged in the case of Detroit resident Donald Cook II following nearly four hours of testimony given during his preliminary examination Wednesday in Dear-born Heights District Court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Press and Guide.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
cantonlions14

Garden City, MI

#1 Jun 1, 2008
man this guy is dumb just send him to jail!!!!!!!
kooky

Memphis, TN

#2 Jun 2, 2008
cantonlions14 wrote:
man this guy is dumb just send him to jail!!!!!!!
You're telling me. Chris was my good friend. I still have his phone number in my cell. Can't bring myself to delete it. When I think of the horrific way he was killed, I can't believe they even let the 20 year old guy walk. Chris was a strong guy for his size and I think it would have taken two guys to take him down, I really do. I hope the cops look at all the evidence and hopefully put both these creeps in jail for life. They extinguished a life that wasn't even really started yet. 22 is way too young to die, especially in this manner. I'll miss you forever Chris!!!!
getlostloser

Jeddo, MI

#4 Jun 2, 2008
maestro48239 wrote:
another crapstain gone off the streets! hurrah!
Damn maestro are you the only person alive worth a crap? this person had feinds and family. did you know him?did he offend you? Is everyone that YOU value as a person free from flaws? You're a heartless, angry and disturbed individual. I realize you can't pick on people of your own caliber(being a peerless psycho and all) but at least pick on someone that's alive. sheesh..

P.S.-sp corrections appreciatedd....
kooky

Memphis, TN

#6 Jun 4, 2008
It was determined yesterday that there was enough evidence to charge Cook with first degree, premeditated murder. Not only that, but since he told his dad what he did on the day of the murder, and his dad did nothing, now he's being held as an accessory after the fact. Cook stabbed my friend 134 times. I hope he rots in jail for the rest of his miserable life. After that, he can rot in hell. And, I hope his dad, who could have stepped up and done the right thing, gets plenty of time to realize that a human life is worth more than keeping your brat out of jail. There's no way I can bring myself to forgive these people. WE LOVE AND MISS YOU CHRIS.
Stone Cobra

Mobile, AL

#7 Jun 16, 2008
None of us know what went on that night save those that were there. I admit, 134 times is a bit excessive...I sense justice will be served. What kind of person was taken off the street? Only those that knew him can tell. But, My friends, be honest in your eulogy...never give a dead man props he couldnt earn in life. Now, dont make me type a disclaimer. realize the obvious, "if this doesnt apply to u then disregarde"
Look real close

New Haven, MI

#8 Jun 17, 2008
The streets are self cleansing!! The law and legal system are there to clean up the mess. Being stabbed once is excessive, 134 times is deranged and psychotic! Michigan needs the death penalty for people like that. Why are our tax dollars going to pay for this person to live for the rest of his life? For the rest of the criminals with non-violent convictions eating up our tax dollars, lets bring back the chain-gang and let them do the labor on our roads ect.......instead of making them sit for hours in a cell stewing run prisons like a boot camp. Just my humble opinion.

Not that the person stabbed was any better then the person who did the killing. But what ever wrong that person has done in his life time (if any at all) will be for god to judge. That person who was killed has a mother and a father. A family that greeves for him.

I haven't read the whole story, that is just a basic thought in general. Im going to go pull up the full story on both people then I will come back.
Look real close

New Haven, MI

#9 Jun 17, 2008
Ok I read a brief story on this and stabbing someone a 130 times is not self defense!!!!!!! If they were arguing and someone snatches you up by the collar and you have enough reach to grab a knife in the back seat then as far as I am concerned a person would have enough reach to start knocking the he(( out of someone enough to get out of the car and fight like men if thats what is going to take place. Since this witness attempted to seperate them, then what did he do once Cook started to stab this man 130 times. Why did he not call the police once it escalted to that point. Why not try to save the man being killed? Why leave him there alone to die? Makes someone think of a set up to kill. Another thrill kill?
kooky

Memphis, TN

#10 Jun 17, 2008
Look real close wrote:
Ok I read a brief story on this and stabbing someone a 130 times is not self defense!!!!!!! If they were arguing and someone snatches you up by the collar and you have enough reach to grab a knife in the back seat then as far as I am concerned a person would have enough reach to start knocking the he(( out of someone enough to get out of the car and fight like men if thats what is going to take place. Since this witness attempted to seperate them, then what did he do once Cook started to stab this man 130 times. Why did he not call the police once it escalted to that point. Why not try to save the man being killed? Why leave him there alone to die? Makes someone think of a set up to kill. Another thrill kill?
After discussing with the friends and family of Chris, I'm told he was stabbed over 140 times. It's thought, but being kept quiet, that this was a set up for a hate crime, but everyone is still being very hush hush. I agree with so many things you've said. Bring back the death penalty, if only for those where the certainty of guilt is 100%. I don't want to pay for this sick kid to live 70 years in jail. Screw him. And his friend who supposedly tried to break them apart? I agree, why wouldn't he try to stop it? We're not getting the full story. They let that guy go though, because he agreed to testify against his buddy. Something's just not right.
Yams Bum

New Haven, MI

#11 Jun 17, 2008
kooky wrote:
<quoted text> After discussing with the friends and family of Chris, I'm told he was stabbed over 140 times. It's thought, but being kept quiet, that this was a set up for a hate crime, but everyone is still being very hush hush. I agree with so many things you've said. Bring back the death penalty, if only for those where the certainty of guilt is 100%. I don't want to pay for this sick kid to live 70 years in jail. Screw him. And his friend who supposedly tried to break them apart? I agree, why wouldn't he try to stop it? We're not getting the full story. They let that guy go though, because he agreed to testify against his buddy. Something's just not right.
Lets hope the judge or jury see through the defendents b.s. That is like saying the young man from Plymouth or Canton (the thrill kill guy Jean Pierre) stabbed the man from behind and cut off his head for self defense. Give me a break.

If they let the other guy go then Karma will catch up with him sooner or later. So will God!
43thbtgdf

United States

#12 Jun 25, 2008
Where did you guys read that he got stabbed 130 times? They even said on the news that it was 9 times or something along the lines of that.
Kevin Elzer

United States

#13 Jun 25, 2008
kooky wrote:
<quoted text> It's thought, but being kept quiet, that this was a set up for a hate crime, but everyone is still being very hush hush.
how would it be a hate crime?
kooky

Memphis, TN

#14 Jun 26, 2008
43thbtgdf wrote:
Where did you guys read that he got stabbed 130 times? They even said on the news that it was 9 times or something along the lines of that.
Re-read, especially the latest in yesterday's News Herald (or Press & Guide) Chris was stabbed 134 times.
kooky

Memphis, TN

#15 Jun 26, 2008
Kevin Elzer wrote:
<quoted text>
how would it be a hate crime?
There is some speculation because of the many times he was stabbed that extreme hate was involved, It was definitely not mere "self defense" as Cook tried to plead. Let's just say, I knew Amore very well and he was sexually "open".
Yams Bum

New Haven, MI

#16 Jun 26, 2008
43thbtgdf wrote:
Where did you guys read that he got stabbed 130 times? They even said on the news that it was 9 times or something along the lines of that.
Click on the buttong that will let you read the full story. The news may have been wrong it wouldn't be the first time.
Yams Bum

New Haven, MI

#17 Jun 26, 2008
kooky wrote:
<quoted text> There is some speculation because of the many times he was stabbed that extreme hate was involved, It was definitely not mere "self defense" as Cook tried to plead. Let's just say, I knew Amore very well and he was sexually "open".
There are people out there like that. Regardless what his sexual preference he didn't deserve to be killed for that or stabbed 130 times.

I am going to take the middle road and say whether he was stabbed 9 times or 130 times. One was to many!!!!!
Kevin Elzer

United States

#18 Jun 26, 2008
kooky wrote:
<quoted text> There is some speculation because of the many times he was stabbed that extreme hate was involved, It was definitely not mere "self defense" as Cook tried to plead. Let's just say, I knew Amore very well and he was sexually "open".
oh ok, I was thinking by hate crime you meant racism, which wouldn't have made any sense to me. I've known Don for 8-9 years and I really couldn't see him doing it for absolutely no reason at all, but even if it was self defense I think he should still serve at least a little time because stabbing somebody 130 times is just overkill.
kooky

Memphis, TN

#19 Jun 27, 2008
Kevin Elzer wrote:
<quoted text>
oh ok, I was thinking by hate crime you meant racism, which wouldn't have made any sense to me. I've known Don for 8-9 years and I really couldn't see him doing it for absolutely no reason at all, but even if it was self defense I think he should still serve at least a little time because stabbing somebody 130 times is just overkill.
I think he's going to serve a lot more than just "a little" time. My hope is he goes away for nhis entire life.
Anon

Rochester, MI

#20 Jun 27, 2008
A "hate crime" doesn't meant "extreme hate was involved," as Kevin Elzer wrote. A hate crime means a crime against a person due to that person's ethnicity or sexual orientation. Stabbing someone to death is very personal. Stabbing someone 134 times indicates some sort of relationship and signifies a passion crime. This type of "overkill" is common in the homosexual community.
kooky

Memphis, TN

#21 Jun 27, 2008
Anon wrote:
A "hate crime" doesn't meant "extreme hate was involved," as Kevin Elzer wrote. A hate crime means a crime against a person due to that person's ethnicity or sexual orientation. Stabbing someone to death is very personal. Stabbing someone 134 times indicates some sort of relationship and signifies a passion crime. This type of "overkill" is common in the homosexual community.
Maybe (and I'm just saying maybe) Kevin thought that since his friend Dan is black, he couldn't possibly commit a hate crime? Or that all hate crimes happen to be about race?? I won't pretend to know what he is thinking, but you are correct, anon, that this is all to common in the gay community. A Windsor man was fatally shot, very close to this same neighborhood for simply walking out of a gay bar. For some reason, this "possible" aspect of this crime is being kept very quiet.
Kevin Elzer

United States

#22 Jun 27, 2008
I never said anything about it being a hate crime or extreme hate being involved, that was kooky, I asked how would it be a hate crime. at first I was thinking by hate crime he meant it involved race, which wouldn't have made sense because Don is half white.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dearborn Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Historical buildings in Heritage Park will be o... 23 hr Ben 1
People who work in the law enforcement agency t... Wed Leonard 2
News Antonio's to reopen former Italian restaurant i... (Jun '13) Apr 17 WATCHING LIVONIA 27
Muslims ( LAKE OF FIRE ) FOREVER (Mar '17) Apr 10 Illuminati10 9
IT IS CRIME to cohab with women 45olbs pu... Apr 9 honest soury 1
News Firefighters at the Electric Stick and Marvaso'... (May '13) Apr 9 Aphrodite 9
Breana Jo Smith Apr 8 Breana jo Smith 3

Dearborn Heights Jobs

Personal Finance

Dearborn Heights Mortgages